Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Iberia Women charged with burning her 6 month old baby  (Read 25190 times)

cricket

Iberia Women charged with burning her 6 month old baby
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:57:52 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

IBERIA - Three days after an Iberia woman tried to kill her baby, neighbors want to know why she did it. And they have good reason to know.

On Wednesday, authorities responded to a residential fire call on Lombar Street in Iberia. They later determined the small fire was intentionally set by Christina White on her six-month old son's blanket. Residents say they can't believe something like this would ever happen.

"I didn't think she would ever do anything like this. She, ya know, she used to come over here all the time with her little kids, talked and everything, and I didn't think she would do it," said neighbor, David Ponder.

Ponder lives directly next door to White. He says when he first heard all the commotion on Wednesday, he thought her whole house was on fire. But when he went to see what happened, he says he was wrong.

"It burnt the baby crib, a little piece of the carpet, a little bit of the wall, and that was it," said Ponder.

According to Ponder and reports, White lit her son's blanket on fire and then left the room. She later returned to her son's bedroom once he stopped crying and screaming. Ponder says White needs to pay.

"For the stuff that she did, it was wrong, it was just totally wrong," said Ponder.

Ponder also says he never would have expected something like this in a town like Iberia, especially right next door.

"This part of town is quiet. Ya know everybody looks out for everybody here and I don't know, it was weird when that happened," said Ponder.

And police agree. They can't believe this happened in Iberia either.

"I mean it's just a sad, sad situation, ya know it's really been hard on this town. I mean we haven't had anything like this occur around here, to my knowledge, ever," said Andy Long, Iberia Police Chief.

For now, neighbors like Ponder want justice.

"I just hope she gets what she deserves and honest to God I hope she can get the death (penalty) because this little baby didn't deserve it," said Ponder.

From what authorities are telling us, White's son is still in critical condition at University Hospital in Columbia. According to the neighbor KOMU spoke with, the hospital is taking it hour by hour with the six-month old. As for White, she's charged with one count of first degree arson and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

Reported by: Ryan Luby
Edited by: Jennifer Ayres
Posted by: Marylyn Simpson

Published: Saturday, July 14, 2007 at 5:43 PM

Offline msheek

• View Profile
Re: Iberia Women charged with burning her 6 month old baby
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:08:59 AM »
Things like this are horrible.  Some people would love to have another baby and others just try to think of ways to get rid of the ones they were blessed with.  Like wife and myself would like to have another but can't and would love to have another one.  Then you have people who have them and for some reason decide they don't want them.  Whether they need help due to post pardum or they just accidently got pregnant they decide to kill the poor baby or worse scar it mentally and physically for life.  I will never understand why people won't get help or just give the poor kid to someone who will love it. 
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:14:11 AM »
The ignorant bitch needs the same thing done to her!!!!!!!  I can't understand how anyone can do something like this!  And you know what, the bitch will probably spend the rest of her life in a nut house with us paying for it!!  An eye for an eye I say!!!! >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:(
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »
The ignorant bitch needs the same thing done to her!!!!!!!  I can't understand how anyone can do something like this!  And you know what, the bitch will probably spend the rest of her life in a nut house with us paying for it!!  An eye for an eye I say!!!! >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:(

I totally agree 200%
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline 2manyhats

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 12:03:57 PM »
Prayers for that poor baby!

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »
My God...

We can't met out adequate justice for something this horrible.

People of faith however know that her ultimate fate will be worse than that babies in the end.

Did this woman have other kids?
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 05:24:42 PM »
PLEASE let me have her for about 4 hours.  She will regret her "mistake".  This makes me ILL as well as angry.

cricket

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
My God...

We can't met out adequate justice for something this horrible.

People of faith however know that her ultimate fate will be worse than that babies in the end.

Did this woman have other kids?

Yes she did have other kids. I think she had just recently gotten these kids back from her grandmother, and then she did this.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 11:23:47 PM »
this is absolutely horrible!! How old were her other kids?  I can't believe she would do this to her child!  God what has the world come to?
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline rottie25

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 02:34:33 AM »
I was reading that they are charging her with 1st degree arson and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, since she admitted to trying to kill her baby wouldn't attempted murder be a fitting charge.  I read this and was in tears.  I couldn't imagine someone doing something like that to a child.  So cruel. Many prayers to the little one and hopes that everything turns out o.k. for him.

paloha2

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 06:56:41 AM »
OMGOSH....I think I know/knew her. Trained her to take over my job when I quit it one time....absolutely unbelievable!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »
where is the daddy?

cricket

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 07:51:02 PM »
OMGOSH....I think I know/knew her. Trained her to take over my job when I quit it one time....absolutely unbelievable!

There are a few Christina White's around here. She is not the one who was from Crocker. In fact  I heard she is originally from Alabama.   

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2007, 08:21:57 PM »
I could add my 2 cents of what she should have done to her, but what Im curious about is the story i read online was worded like her sister was there also. If I remember right she said that her sister had already talked of not wanting her baby. Didn't anybody think maybe to keep an eye on her or turn her in to a mental facility to have her evaluated? It could have just been the way it was worded, but if her sister knew she was going to do it she should be charged as well.
Biscuit

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2007, 09:21:39 PM »
OK we aren't rich by no means. Live paycheck to paycheck However...

If you don't want your babies... bring them to my house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hell I would find a way to raise them; anything is better than what they are getting now!

I am so sick of people doing this to their children and babies! If you don't want them then give them to someone who does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or stop having them! There is birth control out there!

OK we need a thread on here for confidentially give your baby to someone who cares thread!!!!

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 03:24:48 AM »
They just aired this on Fox 2 out of St.louis.... It was very weird to see Iberia... On a St.louis news channel

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 03:47:36 AM »
     Did they give an update on the Baby's condition, Probie?
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 06:19:00 AM »
Just said it was in Serious condition

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2007, 01:16:07 PM »
Absolutely unbelievable that someone could do something like this to their baby.

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 06:25:08 AM »
POSTED ON MONDAY with photo http://new.krcgonline.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=40943

Iberia mother sets baby on fire

By Mallory McGowin
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 at 4:12 PM

The Miller County mother who confessed to setting her baby on fire appeared before Miller County Judge Ken Oswald Monday.  At this time, Christina L. White's baby is still in critical condition at University Hospital in Colombia.  KRCG's Mallory Mcgowin has worked on the story since it developed and has the latest information.

Christina L. White came before Judge Oswald around 11:15 Monday morning.  White cried as the judge read the four felony charges she now faces, first degree arson and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child.

We made phone calls throughout the day Monday to learn more about this family's situation.  We wanted to get details about alleged events that happened within the family in the weeks prior to the fire Wednesday at 432 Lombar Street.  Also, we wanted to know what the plans are for Christina White's other children who are now in protective custody.  To do that, we contacted the Missouri Department of Social Service offices in Eldon, Camden County, and Jefferson City.  We also called Miller County Juvenile authorities.

Because juveniles are involved and the investigation is ongoing, there is little information authorities can tell us.  But Tammy Walden, the Chief Juvenile Officer for the 26th District, which includes Miller County, did talk to me by phone about what process the Juvenile Court follows.

She told me that within 24 hours of the children being taken into protective custody, a judge must sign a court order to maintain that placement.  Then, within 72 hours, the children are entitled to a protective custody hearing in front of a judge.  That hearing took place Monday morning.

"Following that, within 60 days, allegations and the petition must be ajudicated in court. So it moves quickly," says Walden.

Authorities who arrived at the scene of this Iberia house fire first thought it was set by one of the other kids there.  Christina White's children were taken from her care then because authorities suspected there was a lack of supervision in the house.

But the probable cause statement tells us White later confessed to setting the fire.  She told them she used a cigarette lighter to set the blanket covering her six-month-old son on fire as he slept in his crib.  She said she was under stress and did want her son to die.

White will appear in court again Wednesday.  She is applying for a public defender and will learn then if she qualifies.

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2007, 06:38:43 AM »
http://www.komu.com/satellite/SatelliteRender/KOMU.com/ba8a4513-c0a8-2f11-0063-9bd94c70b769/db29da80-c0a8-2f11-00ce-9542ba0e7676
Iberia Mom Gets Attorney 

TUSCUMBIA - One week after an Iberia mother allegedly set fire to her baby's blanket, she makes her second court appearance Wednesday.

University Hospital officials say Christina White's 6-month old son's condition has not changed since he first arrived at the hospital last week.

Wednesday, Christina White learned she faces a preliminary hearing date on Aug. 29.

The court also set her bond at $250,000. Miller County Sheriff Bill Abbott had previously requested White be held without bond.

Christina White is charged with four separate felony counts: One count of arson, which includes the harm she did to her son.

The other three counts are for endangering the welfare of a child.

Two of those counts are for her other two children, and the third count is for another child who happened to be in the house at the time of the fire. In all, four children were in the house at the time of the fire.

Cameras were not allowed in the courtroom as Christina White did not have representation at the time.

She does now have a public defender working for her, after she requested one on Monday.

Reported by: Ryan Luby
Edited by: Jennifer Ayres

WindblownLilac

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2007, 10:14:56 AM »
If she admitted to wanting that poor baby dead, why isn't she being charged with attempted murder?  I don't get it. 

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2007, 12:33:30 PM »
This is seriously sick...

People can be so cruel. 

Like other posters, my wife and I would have taken this child no questions asked...

I hope she is prepared for her judgement
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2007, 12:53:47 PM »
it breaks my heart, how can anyone be so cruel? children are such blessings, I just can not see how anyone could ever hurt a child. Stressed or not that monster doesn't deserve children or anything else good.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline 2manyhats

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2007, 01:07:49 PM »
Amen!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2007, 02:56:49 PM »
I JUST HEARD THIS BABY DIED TODAY!!!!!! HE PUT UP SUCH A FIGHT! I couldnt help but cry it is such a sad situation. She should be put up on murder charges now!!
They are supposed to have a press conferance on 97.9 news at ten this morning!

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2007, 03:58:52 PM »
Did any one here the press conference?  I did not read this until 10:45.

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 05:39:56 PM »
I hate that the baby died but now the poor precious thing is no longer in the agonizing pain!  Now he'll be well taken care of where he is going!
I really wish we had an eye for an eye justice system!  That bitch needs to suffer the same way that precious baby did...a LONG SLOW AGONIZING DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline the3kittens

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »
that baby went through a lot the news tribune said last week that they had to take is left leg and that he had lost all of his fingers and toes. i think that we need to wrap her up in a blanket and burn her till there is nothing left of her

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »
Really terrible that this innocent child had to endure all that because his own mother didn't want him.  All I can say is that they need to throw the book at her.