Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 5-26-16-Nelson Guilty  (Read 873 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Prosecutor's Office Press Release 5-26-16-Nelson Guilty
« on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
05/26/16
BRIAN NELSON FOUND GUILTY OF TWO COUNTS OF CHILD MOLESTATION IN THE FIRST DEGREE AND ONE COUNT OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT INVOLVING A CHILD LESS THAN 15 YEARS OLD
Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that today, after a three day jury trial held in Phelps County, on a change of venue from Pulaski County, the jury found Brian Nelson, of Jefferson City, guilty of two counts of the Class B Child Molestation in the First Degree and one count of the class D felony Sexual Misconduct of a Child Less than 15 Years Old.

The defendant opted for jury sentencing and the jury recommended that the defendant be sentenced to two 13-year terms in the Department of Corrections for each count of Child Molestation in the First Degree and 2 years in the Department of Corrections for the count of Sexual Misconduct.  Sentencing is set for July 8, 2016 in Phelps County before Judge William Hickle.  The defendant could now face up to 28 years in the Department of Corrections.

“I want to commend the outstanding work of my two assistant prosecutors, Ken Clayton and Katie Croker, for all of the dedication, hard work and time they put into this case.  These types of cases are very difficult to prosecute successfully and Pulaski County is very lucky to have attorneys with their skills and experience working to put dangerous predators, like Mr. Nelson, in prison where they belong,” said Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman. “In addition, I want to thank the families of the victims, Detective Vic Weir of the Waynesville Police Department, and the entire staff at Kids Harbor, for their work and support in this case.  It takes a team effort, like this, to make sure there is justice for children who are victims in these cases.”

This case was prosecuted by Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton and Katie Croker.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman