Author Topic: Prosecutor's Office Press Release 01-25-18-Castro sentenced to 20 years  (Read 152 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

PRESS RELEASE
01/25/2018
GUILLERMO CASTRO SENTENCED TO 20 YEARS IN THE
DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS FOR CHILD MOLESTATION
Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney announces that in Circuit Court this week, Judge Hickle sentenced Guillermo Jose Martinez Castro (DOB: 10/1982), of St. Robert, to twenty years in the Department of Corrections.  Mr. Castro pled guilty in November 2017 to one count of Child Molestation in the First Degree.

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department began an investigation into Mr. Castro’s conduct in July 2017 after allegations of molestation arose.  Mr. Castro was arrested shortly thereafter by members of the Sheriff’s Department.  Mr. Castro was on active duty in the United States Army at the time of the incident.  After coordination between the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department, Army Criminal Investigations Command (CID), the Fort Leonard Wood Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, the Pulaski County Prosecutor’s Office, and the victim’s family, it was agreed that the case would proceed in the Missouri state court system.

“I want to commend the work of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department for their investigation into this matter, especially Deputy Lynn Bays and Detective Nicole Cunningham.  I want to thank the victim and his/her family for all of their help and patience as the case proceeded. I also appreciate the assistance of Kids’ Harbor, Army CID, and the Fort Leonard Wood Office of the Staff Judge Advocate in this case,” said Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney. “This was truly a team effort to get a predator like this off the street and into prison where he belongs.”

The Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department investigated this case with assistance by the US Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID).  The case was prosecuted by Prosecuting Attorney Kevin Hillman and Assistant Prosecuting Attorneys Ken Clayton and Donna Holden.

Please direct all questions to Kevin Hillman, Pulaski County Prosecuting Attorney.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman