Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: ASSAULT IN WALMART PARKING LOT  (Read 10838 times)

Offline skkb99

• View Profile
ASSAULT IN WALMART PARKING LOT
« on: July 31, 2007, 03:23:21 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ASSAULT IN WALMART PARKING LOT
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 03:24:32 AM »
     I heard part of it on the scanner - but no details.  Might be in the DG tomorrow.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Online ereptor.koala

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:19:17 PM »
Has anyone heard any more about this? I didn't see it in yesterday's (Tue 31st) Daily Guide and haven't yet seen at todays.
Semper Fidelis Tyranosaurus

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:08:34 PM »
speaking of wal-mart parking lot.  What is with all the people just hanging out there at night.  ON any given night you can go to walmart and in the corner of the parking lot by wendys there will be approximately 20-25 cars parked there and the people who own them just walking around talking, kids too.  I'm surprised wal-mart allows this, it is a breeding ground for trouble.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
OH MY GOD, could you be anymore negative, the next time you see this why don't you stop by and see exactly what is going on, you might actually see that they are people showing off their cars and just being good neighbors, this so called "breeding grounds for trouble" is breeding hoodlums from 60 to 18 years old, Damn that Wal-Mart. If you perfer they could be racing down our streets and buying drugs from the dealers in Elms Trailer Park.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:36:33 PM »
I will look at the case and see what I can release, if anything. By law I can only release basics. And, per my ethics & morals will not release certain things. I'll read the chart and see.

I agree Jeepguy. The youth have no place to go. Everyone brags on the progress here. Well, my kids had more to do when growing up then there is here at present. I really liked what Steve Lynch said about not having even a swimming pool any more. As long as they aren't breaking the law, and I'm sure SRPD patrols that well.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »
hey, Id rather them be there than running up and down my road.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 07:45:05 PM »
Young male (minor), assaulted by someone (struck). Transported to hospital, arrived in stable condition.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 08:18:01 PM »
Im not sure how good they are, but walmart has cameras, at least that could deter some criminal activicty. 
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline skkb99

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
Parents should be someone responsible for these young minor repeat offenders!!!!  Send the parents to jail and see what happens!

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
Crazyhorse is right, theres nothing for the youth to do here and if taking up a corner of walmart parking lot keeps em outa trouble, I dont see what the big deal is. Im sure walmart doesnt mind since they allow them to stay.
Biscuit

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 10:06:47 PM »
Well i figure they are all in one spot and not hard to find , leave em be>

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 11:38:13 PM »
We really need something like Boys or Girls Clubs of America.  The kids need some place to hang out that has supervised activities that give the kids something to do other than get into trouble. 

I also worry about the kids who are too old for daycare but whose parents aren't home from work when they get home from school.  We need some kind of teen center that the kids could be dropped off at by the school bus and then picked up by the parents.  Some place with activities and maybe homework help. 

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 02:07:11 AM »
 parking lots were a great place to hang out when I was younger. They were the best place to view the local hotrods. Rarely any trouble.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 03:46:07 AM »
We really need something like Boys or Girls Clubs of America.  The kids need some place to hang out that has supervised activities that give the kids something to do other than get into trouble. 

I also worry about the kids who are too old for daycare but whose parents aren't home from work when they get home from school.  We need some kind of teen center that the kids could be dropped off at by the school bus and then picked up by the parents.  Some place with activities and maybe homework help. 

Sadly, you wont find any kid over 12 at something like boys and girls club....

We do need something though.  Wouldn't a drive in movie be cool.

Gosh I could think of so many things that pre-teens and teens could use and have fun with, but where to find the money for it is the hard part.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 04:33:02 AM »
My daughters so often complained they were bored, and it didn't matter if we were in Waynesville, Phoenix, or Chicago. I really do believe it's about their attitudes more than what's available. This area has plenty for teens. What's lacking is their own imagination.

They can fish, play various sports, hike, go to the movies, volunteer at the vet clinic, visit the elderly, join the art club, perform in community theater, attend community theater, get a job, attend church functions, school events, learn to skateboard at the new skateboard park, go to the Waynesville park, ride ATVs, play tennis at the middle school, go to the gym on post (military dependents), swim at the gym on post (same), swim in the rivers when there's no pool, visit a museum on post, go bowling, and so many other things. The ones mine would never consider were usually things like actually getting their chores and homework done!!
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:52:15 AM »
What is with all the people just hanging out there at night.  ON any given night you can go to Wal-Mart and in the corner of the parking lot by wendys there will be approximately 20-25 cars parked there and the people who own them just walking around talking, kids too.  I'm surprised wal-mart allows this, it is a breeding ground for trouble.

It's people with attitudes like yours that cause kids go out causing problems...that's what happens when they get ran off from everywhere they congregate....if they aren't causing problems, vandalizing things, and fighting, let them be!  Also, why should Wal-Mart mind....these people are still spending money there!  And if you would look, alot of times these are also adults that are gathered just shooting the breeze and showing off cars!  If people want to gripe about everything, atleast find something worthwhile to gripe about.....IMO!
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline Cef Gin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 05:27:54 AM »
those people hanging out in the parking lot at wal-mart aren't just people that have nothing to do.. they're a car club and that's where they have car meetings sometimes.. they even hang out in the ramada inn parking lot.. i've been to some of these meetings and these cars are bad ass, ya'll should check em out sometime.. and no one is causing any trouble.. cars is their hobby so be cool about it

Offline lisababylove

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 06:52:51 AM »
I think a YMCA would be wonderful to have here!  I was a member of one in Georgia when we were station in Fort Stewart.  They had all kind of programs for all age groups.  Plus, they had after-care programs with activities, help with homework, and lots more.  What I liked about it was they where in great support of the Military as well as the locals!  When the war started....they started a program called "Parents Night Out."  It was awesome!!!  They had it every Friday night from 5pm-10pm, and every other Sat. from 5pm-10pm.  I usaully spent $15-$20 for both of my boys, it was money well spent and they loved it!  They made arts and crafts, went swimming, played games, watched movies, had snacks while they were there and everything.  It was nice to actually go to Wal-mart for a couple of hours or go out to eat and a movie with other moms without the kiddos for a little while.  Even when my husband got home from Iraq....the boys would always ask to go to "Parents Night Out" just because they wanted too.  There were lots of teens there volunteering and even they had a great time as well.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »
Parents should be someone responsible for these young minor repeat offenders!!!!  Send the parents to jail and see what happens!

Why does everyone always blame the parents.  Some kids just don't listen and then if the parents beat their ass the same person that said this would be saying send the parents to jail and see what happens!  Sometimes parents attempt to do the right thing, but either the kid doesn't get it right or the system works against them!  I've seen people that ground the kid and then the kids climbs out of the window and still does WHATEVER--Hell send the parents to jail and see what happens!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »
It starts when kids are babies....not getting the discipline or direction or guidance they need.  Then when they are teens (or even pre-teens) and out of control, the parents ask what happened?  But by then it's too late.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 04:13:13 PM »
I have to make a comment about the fact of blaming the parents... sometimes you can... sometimes you cant! There are parents out there who do not give a care about their kids cause they are out themselves teaching them this behavior.

I for one have a teenage son who has found a few new friends and I am not liking his behavior. I DID not raise him this way and have been very strict as far as my children goes. My daughter did well, not perfect but got her thru what I needed to. My son however works and pays for his own insurance. We make him mow and take out trash and keep his room clean although there are times that we have to argue with him to get him to do the things at home. He now is on the kick that he is 17 because... when he called to be out past his Curfew I told him NO!  he went uptown to the city hall walked straight in and asked the officer what the legal age to leave home was... without asking him any questions the officer told him 17! and my son left.
He then came home and started packing his stuff and informed me that he went to the cops and he was allowed to leave if he wanted to and that He didn't have to listen to us anymore!!

Now... he started packing his things... grabbed his truck keys...and I met him at the door. I told him that we paid for his items and they didn't go with him! I also informed him that even though he paid for his own truck... that his dads name is on it till he is 18 (has to be for insurance) so he was not taking it! He was surprised and stated and I quote, " I can't take my clothes and my things with me?" and I said NO! There's the door if he wanted to leave he leaves the same way he came in with nothing!!!

He left and 15 minutes later he was back and went straight to his room. I haven't had a problem with him now in 4 days!!!!! Knock on wood.

I am however I'll say it like I mean it... Pissed Off at that officer for just telling him yes and not getting to the bottom of the problem first or even trying to talk to my son before giving him an answer! I called that officer and he asked "did you want me to lie about the law?" I was so mad! I just told him no sir I don't however you just took the control away from me and his father so... if he goes out and drinks or does drugs and gets killed... rather it is your fault or not?! I will always blame you!!

You be perfect parents and try and teach your child but society today is not the same as when we were kids, they will do as they please and they will just have to suffer the consequences for it not the parent.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 04:19:48 PM »
Blissfully, I would love to have the drive-in back. One of my favorite things growing up here. There was one here and one in Crocker too.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
Showme, You know what's wrong with your son??  He's 17 (LoL).  That's a rough year for boys.  I remember my son was nuts that year.  Very emotional and angry for some reason.  Always a good kid, never in trouble, but for some reason that year was crazy.  Seems like when he turned 18, he calmed back down.  You are doing everything right that I can see.  The cop shouldn't have said that.  Just made matters worse.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »
Hey! Thanks! My son is very emotional, angry and confused it seems like? I often wonder what did I do wrong? we set limit and boundries, they got those swats at school as well as at home. I even took my son when he was 12 straight over to the PDSD when he went to hit me when I was spanking him on his butt! I always told them they would never do that or I would take them to jail myself. so.. i did what I warned. That officer over there sat him down with me behind him and I tell you what... he did a great job! By the time he was done my son wanted me and that officer told him that he couldnt even look at me. he had to look at him in his face and answer with yes sir no sir!

My son later for mothers day made me a poem and at the end of it wrote (and I have it in my hope chest) thank you for taking me to juevy hall, I needed it and it showed me you loved me!  I cried like a baby!! It wasn't even a juevinal officer that talked to him but he thought so and he also was asked if he wanted to see that officers bedrooms? LOL I love that officer for doing what he did and taking the time out to do what he did.

When I first got there they said they couldn't do anything that it was a juevinile matter but... I told them that I had always warned my children that if they tried to hit me I would take them straight to jail myself... I also told them that I had to stand my ground and follow thru. The officer then contacted the juevenile officer and he gave him permission and then the officer proceeded out to my van and removed my son himself and escorted him into a room!

I have NEVER had problems till now and now he went to the law and is throwing it in my face now. The officer from here who told him that with out ever inquiring any other info told me when I called him that if I didn't like the law to go to my legislaters! Yah like I can change the law by myself! How can we fight to keep them in school till they graduate if they are told they are allowed to leave at 17? all the kid has to do is get mad one day and all those years are tossed down the drain! Atleast change it till they are graduated from school maybe then we wouldnt have drop out rates like we do!

Showme, You know what's wrong with your son??  He's 17 (LoL).  That's a rough year for boys.  I remember my son was nuts that year.  Very emotional and angry for some reason.  Always a good kid, never in trouble, but for some reason that year was crazy.  Seems like when he turned 18, he calmed back down.  You are doing everything right that I can see.  The cop shouldn't have said that.  Just made matters worse.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:27 PM »
Sometimes I wonder how any of us parents survive the teen years.  It is worth all the effort once they have kids of their own and understand what being a parent is all about.  3 of my 4 have told me "thank you" for being involved in their activities when they were younger and for setting limits and sticking to them.  So, just hang in there and pray for the best.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 11:50:32 PM »
That's why some animals eat their young, I'm told.

WindblownLilac

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:18 AM »
That's why some animals eat their young, I'm told.

ROFLMSO!   Thats hilarious.  I have just entered the teenage adventures.  My 13 yr old son has recently grown taller than me and now thinks he can argue with me when I tell him to do something.  I tell him he may be taller, but I will still whoop his butt just the same...lol.  But I really don't like him being taller than me already.  :(

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 01:55:46 AM »
Uh-oh. Sounds like he's discovered girls!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 03:26:59 AM »
My daughters so often complained they were bored, and it didn't matter if we were in Waynesville, Phoenix, or Chicago. I really do believe it's about their attitudes more than what's available. This area has plenty for teens. What's lacking is their own imagination.

They can fish, play various sports, hike, go to the movies, volunteer at the vet clinic, visit the elderly, join the art club, perform in community theater, attend community theater, get a job, attend church functions, school events, learn to skateboard at the new skateboard park, go to the Waynesville park, ride ATVs, play tennis at the middle school, go to the gym on post (military dependents), swim at the gym on post (same), swim in the rivers when there's no pool, visit a museum on post, go bowling, and so many other things. The ones mine would never consider were usually things like actually getting their chores and homework done!!

Are you serious, theater?  Do you even remember high school? 

And most of the things you listed I wouldn't LET my children do unsupervised by an adult because of the world we live in today.  I wouldn't let my kids go to the river or hike through the woods by themselves.  There are nuts out there just waiting for that.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that