Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Press Release Crocker Death Investigation  (Read 17860 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Press Release Crocker Death Investigation
« on: August 05, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Press Release

Death Investigation

Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King

Aug. 4, 2007

At 8:08pm on Aug. 4, 2007, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department received a request for a check on the well being of the occupant at 17347 Bobwhite Road, Crocker, Missouri. Upon arrival at the residence the responding Deputies noted a distinct odor of decay coming from inside the house and they requested an immediate response from the Detective Unit of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

One of the responding reserve Detective officers resides a short distance from the call address and when the call came in he was able to arrive on scene very quickly. The Detective and the two road Deputies who had gone to the scene for the well being check determined that the house was completely secured from the inside and they had to make a forced entry into the dwelling. The Deputies found the bodies of one white male and one while female in the residence.

Additional Detectives and Command staff members of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene and a thorough crime scene investigation was completed. The bodies were removed from the residence and transported to Springfield, Missouri, for an autopsy.

At this time the investigation continues. Several family members of the deceased have not been notified and no names will be released at this time. Once the results of the autopsy are known a follow up release will be issued.

Offline frog_love

• View Profile
Re: Press Release Crocker Death Investigation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 03:01:52 PM »
What happened in the h#ll happened to Crocker, it seems to be falling apart.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 05:31:23 PM »
I knew the people and it is very sad or more shocking than anything. I pray for the kids involved because they are left without a mother.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 06:32:44 PM »
It is a terrible tragedy for both families but especially for the kids.
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »
It is very sad for the kids.....I have known them for years and she definately got messed up with the wrong people!  She came from a very good family!
Revenge is such a pretty thing and the good always wins in the end!!

When I die, bury me upside down so the whole world can KISS MY ASS!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

********************NASCAR RULES********************

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »
Yes it is! Especially on her sister. She tried so hard to help her and I know she has got to be devistated! I can only imagine how the kids must feel.

It is very sad for the kids.....I have known them for years and she definately got messed up with the wrong people!  She came from a very good family!
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline frog_love

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:18:16 PM »
i read that the family is being notified but I want to know who they were....

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 12:09:39 AM »
This is such a senseless tragedy.  Pray for her Boys and extended family.

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 12:16:10 AM »
Could somebody please pm me with who it was.

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:06:15 AM »
Sorry, I can't release the names until the coroner and/or sheriff does. It is important to insure that all family is notified first. Sorry.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:58:32 AM »
How could the family not know when the whole town does?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 04:06:01 AM »
I agree and I am sure all family members have been notified by now, if not I can't imagine how they couldn't have, so therefore here is what I have heard. I am not saying in any way any of this is fact.

James Wootherspoon and Trina Medlen Witt.
They had been dating each other. They had been in the local news because James had allegedly stabbed her oldest son 4 times in a fight he had with him, and he was out on bond, his hearing was the 8th of this month.

How could the family not know when the whole town does?

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:01 AM »
I do know that late this afternoon the youngest son was still out on a school trip and had not been told of his mother's passing yet. This is why they were waiting to release the names.

It was on channel 3 this evening at 10pm and they still had not released the names yet. However, I don't think the son will be reading this board he will be devastated when he is told.

It was said on the news that the male victim owned the house, he was renting it. ((I only know this because my neighbors parents own the place where it happened.)
It also stated that the autopsies would be Monday morning and they would be releasing more information tomorrow on the news possibly the victims names they were still unsure. Not sure if it was on channel 10 or not but it is definitely on KY3 and they said that they would be updating as more information arrived.

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 05:06:35 AM »
yeah, but as Kristi said....the whole town of Crocker knows who they are and he is more apt to hearing about it than reading about it....PRAYERS TO BOTH FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!

gloom despair & agony on me~deep dark depression excessive misery~~~ohhhh~~~*If It Weren't 4 Bad Luck I'd Have No Luck At All*gloom despair & agony on meeeeeE!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 05:10:04 AM »
ditto> it's so sad>

Offline frog_love

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 01:31:32 PM »
so so sad! Ive have known both families, forever.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »
Does Trina have a sister that works at the courthouse? 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 02:02:12 PM »
She has a sister Lori and another sister Whitney and then a brother who works for gascosage electric for years named Billy.  I know they are devistated Billy is really taking it hard this was his baby sister.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 05:08:06 PM »
Does Trina have a sister that works at the courthouse? 

yes
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 05:14:13 PM »
This whole situation is very tragic. It is really hard for me to get on here and give out any information until we get all of the investigations back and the real story as to what happened is released by the police. There are SO many rumors going around and I have to say that if this was my family that it would bother me to know it is being leaked on this thread so I don't really want to give out anymore information as to what happened until I know for sure. If anyone else wants to its up to them. I know the family personally and its a very tragic and unbelievable situation I cant even imagine a murder happening to any of my loved ones. My prayers go out to them and their families.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 06:57:02 PM »
KY 3 News Website:

PULASKI Co. -- Pulaski county authorities say it appears a 50-year old man man from Crocker shot a 38-year old woman, before turning the gun on himself. The bodies of James Wotherspoon and Trina Witt were found on Saturday evening at Wotherspoon's residence in Crocker.
Police had gone to the home to check on the well being of the occupants, when they noticed an odor coming from the house. They say Wotherspoon and Witt had been involved in a domestic situation for about a year.

Police say Witt and her son had requested orders of protection from Wotherspoon in May. Authorities say that was *after* an incident in which Wotherspoon was accused of stabbing the son at a home *near* where the bodies were found this weekend. Autopsies on the bodies were being completed on Monday in Springfield.

Offline GreekMeadow

• WHATEVER!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 08:44:40 PM »
KRCG TV 13

Police find two bodies
The bodies of a man and woman were found after a request to check on the well being of an occupant in Crocker
James Witherspoon
Photo Courtesy of Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
James M. Witherspoon

Posted: Monday, August 06, 2007 at 1:32 PM

At 8:08 p.m. on Saturday the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department received a request for a check on the well being of the occupant at 17347 Bobwhite Road, Crocker, Missouri. On arrival at the residence the responding deputies noted a distinct odor of decay coming from inside the house and they requested an immediate response from the Detective Unit of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

One of the responding reserve detective officers resides a short distance from the call address and when the call came in he was able to arrive on scene quickly. The detective and the two road deputies who had gone to the scene for the well being check determined that the house was completely secured from the inside and they had to make a forced entry into the dwelling. The deputies found the bodies of one white man and one white woman in the residence.

The man was James Matthew Wotherspoon, 50, of Crocker, Missouri. The woman was Trina M. Witt, 38, of Crocker, Mo. They had been involved in a domestic situation for approximately one year.

Due to the nature of the odor and the deputies knowledge of the past history of events that had occurred involving these subjects the deputies began to photograph and document the scene prior to making a forced entry into the home.  Additional detectives arrived on scene and a careful examination of the scene was conducted. Forensic evidence was documented  and preserved for future examination.

An autopsy was to be conducted in Springfield, Mo., on Monday at 8:30 a.m. We have yet to hear from the deputies who attended the autopsy, and we have no details of the findings at this time.

On May 9, Wotherspoon was involved in an altercation with the oldest son of Witt and during the fight Witt’s son was stabbed several times with a knife. Wotherspoon was charged with felony assault in the first degree. The incident had occurred at 17454 Bobwhite Road, which is a short distance from the death scene. This case was due to come up in Pulaski County Circuit Court on Aug. 8.

There were also two active orders of protection in effect at the time this incident occurred. Witt had requested the first order of protection and her oldest son had requested the second order after the stabbing incident on May 9. Both of these orders of protection listed Wotherspoon as the respondent. We do not know why Witt was at the Wotherspoon residence.

At this time the totality of the circumstances determined during this investigation point to a preliminary conclusion that Trina Witt was shot and killed by Wotherspoon. The death of Wotherspoon was due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The investigation in this case will continue.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »
Press Release

Death Investigation

Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King

Aug. 6, 2007

At 8:08pm on Aug. 4, 2007, the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department received a request for a check on the well being of the occupant at 17347 Bobwhite Road, Crocker, Missouri. Upon arrival at the residence the responding Deputies noted a distinct odor of decay coming from inside the house and they requested an immediate response from the Detective Unit of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department.

One of the responding reserve Detective officers resides a short distance from the call address and when the call came in he was able to arrive on scene very quickly. The Detective and the two road Deputies who had gone to the scene for the well being check determined that the house was completely secured from the inside and they had to make a forced entry into the dwelling. The Deputies found the bodies of one white male and one while female in the residence.

The male subject was James Matthew Wotherspoon, age 50, of Crocker, Missouri. The female subject was Trina M. Witt, age 38, of Crocker, Missouri. They had been involved in a domestic situation for approximately one year.

Due to the nature of the odor and the Deputies knowledge of the past history of events that had occurred involving these subjects the Deputies began to photograph and document the scene prior to making a forced entry into the home. Additional Detective officers arrived on scene and a careful examination of the scene was conducted. Forensic evidence was documented and preserved for future examination.

An autopsy was to be conducted in Springfield, Missouri, the morning of Aug. 6, 2007 at 8:30am.. We have yet to hear from the Deputies who attended the autopsy and we have no details of the findings at this time.

On May 9, 2007, James Wotherspoon was involved in an altercation with the oldest son of Trina Witt and during the fight Witt’s son was stabbed several times with a knife. Wotherspoon was charged with felony assault in the First Degree. The incident had occurred at 17454 Bobwhite Road, which is a short distance from the death scene. This case was due to come up in Pulaski County Circuit Court on Aug. 8, 2007.

There were also two active orders of protection in effect at the time this incident occurred. Trina Witt had requested the first order of protection and her oldest son had requested the second order after the stabbing incident on May 9, 2007. Both of these orders of protection listed James M. Wotherspoon as the respondent. We do not know why Trina Witt was at the Wotherspoon residence.

At this time the totality of the circumstances determined during this investigation point to a preliminary conclusion that Trina Witt was shot and killed by James Wotherspoon. The death of James Wotherspoon was due to a self-inflicted gunshot wound. The investigation in this case will continue.

Offline scoobydoo84

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 12:19:29 AM »
Everyones prayers should go out to Trina Witt and her family. I work in the same building as Whitney and this comes tragic to everyone.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »
Prayers should go out to both families and for Trina and James.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2007, 04:14:37 PM »
I will try and be subtle about this, yes prayers should go out to both families but it is hard to want to pray for someone who has murdered...taken the life of another human being regardless of his reasons why. Her children are not only left without a mother... but they are left with the fact that this man murdered her... she was murdered.  She may have made a bad decision in ever being involved with this man ever especially after he stabbed her son... but to take her life is just beyond reason. I'm sorry for his family to have to live with what he did I'm sure its hard because he is someones son and brother too. But it still doesn't justify what he did... there will be no justice for these boys or for her. 

I feel this way because I am looking at it as if this was my child who was murdered. And yes I also look at it as if it was my son who done it. I couldn't defend my son if he ever done something like this. I would grieve for him but could never defend what he did its just that simple.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »
Agree.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2007, 05:37:53 PM »
They were both my friends and I will miss them both. We do not know what happened that night and I am sure never will. All I ask was prayers for them - not understanding, forgiveness, etc. - just prayers.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline the3kittens

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »
why pray for somebody that clearly doesn't deserve it this isn't the first time he has murdered someone i know that it is somebody's son but this is not the first time he done this......

Offline Probie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »
They were both my friends and I will miss them both. We do not know what happened that night and I am sure never will. All I ask was prayers for them - not understanding, forgiveness, etc. - just prayers.

My prayer's go out to the family's of the Witt's and medlens. But I will not do the same for Mr. wotherspoon. He has once already stabbed Trina's boy. That should tell you that he isn't in his right mind.