Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: When will body bombs start in our local Wal-Mart stores?  (Read 5444 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: When will body bombs start in our local Wal-Mart stores?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 08:05:40 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Did anyone think the MN Bridge was a terror attack?  I didn't hear anything, but guess it could have been.  I've driven across so many bridges that look like they are ready to fall down, I'd expect it.
Due to lack of maintenance and erosion.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 08:06:38 PM »
JMO again - the attack(s) will be well calculated, and will certainly involve as many of not more casualties than 9/11.  But the physical terror itself isn't the sole issue or purpose.  9/11 wasn't as much about scaring the tar out of people - remember, these folks know they don't have an Army large enough to attack us.

The terror they are hoping to inflict will once again be focused on long term financial stress.  They are bent on bringing us to their level of existence as much as possible - which, is directly the opposite of where we are.  These folks hate us because they believe we are profiting and living largely off of them.  Their leaders - mainly religious leaders - tell them this.  That WE are the reason they don't have jobs, and strong economies, and a GNP, and Disneyland........they want it.......

You hit the nail on the head here.  They blame us for all their problems and of course they believe other theirs is the only religion and they will kill for rid the world of all nonbelievers.  NOTE:  When I say they or their I'm talking about the radical Muslims that are highjacking the Islamic religion!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
Ok, a question.  Talking about the "radicals".  Where are the moderates in al this?  Keeping their mouths shut in silent approval.

retired1_us

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
Ok, a question.  Talking about the "radicals".  Where are the moderates in al this?  Keeping their mouths shut in silent approval.

My personal experience with that is they are fearful of their own lives.  Mind you I had a very brief and limited exposure compared to others.  One of the interpreters I worked with was guarded, yet very honest when we spoke of these things.  His words made a lot of sense.  It is difficult to tell a Shiite from a Sunni in a mosque during worship time.....their neighborhoods are segregated largely by Saddams design.  And all the average Iraqi wants is the same as what we want - a home, a family and liberty.

So to answer your question - even they have a hard time knowing who the bad guys really are.  And even though their lives are in the tubes right now, at least they know they have one and that's half the battle.  If their leaders were more concerned about their citizens......damn that sounds familiar......they would have much more to look forward to.

Unfortunately, they are very good at surviving by fear - hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.......the insurgents and radicals are using the same tactics Saddam did.  That is why they are so successful.

Offline Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:53 PM »
History is repeating itself here in America when it comes to radical Islamic terrorism and our fight against it.

It is interesting to note during our Founding Era, like today, there was great concern and debate over the Barbary Powers War. Never heard of it, not many have, but it happened. The war lasted thirty-two years and involved six years of overseas warfare against Muslim terrorists, and spanned four U.S. presidents those of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. By 1800 the annual tribute and ransom payments first agreed in the mid 1780s amounted to about $1 million–20% of the federal budget. (For fiscal year 2007, 20% of the US revenues would equal $560 billion.)

The war was called the Barbary Powers conflict and it began before the American Revolution. Muslim terrorists from four different Islamic nations (Tunis, Morocco, Algiers, and Tripoli) made attacks against what they termed as “Christian” nations (America, England, France, Spain, Portugal, Denmark, Sweden, etc.).

In my schoolbooks of the late 50s simply called them Barbary pirates. They attacked commercial merchant ships of these nations and took the hostage for ransom. These were not military style ships so there was no mistaken identity.

Since America had not been founded yet, our ships had been protected by the British navy before the American Revolutionary War (1776-1783) and after, by the French navy. I know this might upset some Americans but that was back when the French had a backbone. America lacked the protection of a navy and was left without protection.

The Muslim warships of the Barbary Powers (pirates) seized our cargo and took our merchant seamen; all considered Christian by the attacking Muslims and took them as slaves until a ransom could be paid. Back then, as today, many Americans just wanted to roll over and quit protecting ourselves.

In 1784, Congress authorized American diplomats John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Jefferson to negotiate with the Muslim terrorists. Negotiations proceeded, and in 1786, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson candidly asked the Ambassador from Tripoli the motivation behind their unprovoked attacks against Americans. What was the response?
The Ambassador answered us that it was founded on the laws of their Prophet [Mohammed] – that it was written in their Koran that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners; that is was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners; and that every Musselman [Muslim] who should be slain in battle was sure to go to Paradise. (Thomas Jefferson, The Papers of Thomas Jefferson, Julian P. Boyd, editor (Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1954), Vol. 9, p. 358, Report of Thomas Jefferson and John Adams to John Jay, March 28, 1786.)
Does anyone see the correlation between what happened over 230-years ago and now? Muslim terrorists attacked us even before this country was ever born by stealing our ships and merchandise, holding our seamen for ransom.
I have one question, what would happen then if we had the same media and citizens with little or no backbone? Most likely this nation would not have been born.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 08:39:15 PM »

That's about it.  I did see something recently about muslims that have started to speak out.  I guess we will see just how long that trend lasts, because thus far there has not been to much speaking out by the moderates.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:08 AM »
Excellent post, Smokey!

Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 11:46:15 AM »
We have a real challenge in the United States with radical Islamic terrorists who are here to kill us. How do we know? They have repeatedly told us what they are going to do. Google the article, Terrorists teaming with drug cartels, The Washington Times, by Sara A. Carter, August 8, 2007. In her article she referances a 2005 confidential DEA report, “Islamic extremists embedded in the United States — posing as Hispanic nationals — are partnering with violent Mexican drug gangs to finance terror networks in the Middle East, according to a Drug Enforcement Administration report.” She continues, “These terrorist groups, or sleeper cells, include people who speak Arabic, Spanish and Hebrew and, for the most part, arouse no suspicion in their communities.”
To further complicate the issue, Peter Brown, terrorism and security consultant, stated that the "biggest element" to the DEA report is the ease with which terrorist cells have taken on new identities. Radical Muslim terrorists have long been crossing the border. A El Paso, Texas, law-enforcement report documents the influx of "approximately 20 Arab persons a week utilizing the Travis County Court in Austin to change their names and driver's licenses from Arabic to Hispanic surnames” Ms. Carter reports.
Now jump to a more recent article by Ms. Carter, Drug cartel terrorist ties known in 2001, August 14, 2007. She was interviewing Asa Hutchinson, former director of the Drug Enforcement Administration where he stated, he “warned federal officials shortly after the September 11 attacks that violent drug cartels from Mexico were teaming with Muslim gangs to fund terrorist organizations overseas.” Do not forget the MS 13 gang members who will soon become the new organized mob for the 21st Century.
Keep your heads in the sand and stay tuned.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 01:13:41 PM »
I think Smokey, I will not be an ostrich.  I keep'em loaded up and ready to ride.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 02:40:11 PM »
That article made me chuckle. So our drug users in this country are REALLY the source of funds for terrorism, eh? Well, dang, we lost that war, too.

retired1_us

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 05:38:37 PM »
The Barbary Coast.  Good post Smokey.  It's hard enough to find folks with knowledge of the 1st world war - that helped fuel the second...Suffis and Nazis, turn or the century stuff.

We've (the west) been fighting battles on and off in that part of the world for centuries.  And I hate to say it, but a lot of it began with the foundation of Islam, and Muhammed himself.

Don't just read one article to draw a conclusion - put timelines and events together and you can even see it coming together.  There are far more parallels to Hitler's "Struggle" (Mein Kampf) and rise to power and Muhammed's life than there is anything close to the beginnings of Judaism or Christianity.

And if Hitler would have been successful........

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2007, 01:54:45 AM »
This was the Ottoman Empire that used to have wars with Turkish and British merchants even before the New World was discovered, too, isn't it?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2007, 02:10:42 AM »
you touched on an important result the terrorists want matrs,over reaction.

when our movements or freedoms are restricted, even for a short time that gives terrorists time to mark a target and use the media to spread speculation.