Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Murder in Roby  (Read 27809 times)

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
Murder in Roby
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:52:05 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Only finding sketchy details, but apparently the was a robbery (or attempt) at Walt's in Roby this afternoon.  Texas County authorities  are still on a manhunt, in the Roby/Plato area.
If I get more details (that I can post I will).

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
Re: Robbery in Roby
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:03:10 PM »
ky3 just reported that someone was shot.

students at Plato and Success schools are being held untill parents come and pick them up due to manhunt.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »
update from Houston hearld

http://www.houstonherald.com/

Offline Keep the gate open

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:27:54 AM »
from KY3

http://www.ky3.com/news/6472197.html

There is a picture of the suspect on the main page.

www.ky3.com

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 01:12:49 AM »
My favorite part of the story was this from the KY3 webpage. What an odd order of events this was..

To Quote the KY3 Story "Neal has served time in prison, including for a robbery in 1997 at a store in Falcon in which he smashed a countertop, threatened the clerk's family, exposed his genitals and left with some alcoholic beverages without paying."

niceguy21

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 01:32:17 AM »
haha i thought the same thing.also he was given a 15 year prison sentence in 1999.i wonder where all those years went.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 09:42:52 AM »
From the Houston Herald:  http://www.houstonherald.com

Roby Woman Murdered;
Manhunt Under Way
UPDATED AT 7:45 p.m.: A Missouri State Highway Patrol helicopter is hovering over Roby tonight as lawmen comb the area looking for a man who fatally shot a woman at a trailer.

Authorities learned of the shooting after the woman arrived riding in the back seat of a car at Walt's, a convenience store situated at Highway 17 and 32 at Roby, left. The victim was declared dead when authorities arrived.

The shooting occurred about a mile from the business on Highway 32. Authorities said this evening that the suspect, who is described in his late 50s and who has criminal record, fled into the woods. The Texas County Sheriff's Department and Missouri State Highway Patrol initially gathered at the gas station before establishing a command post at a nearby fire station -- just feet away from the crime scene. Officers from several agencies, including the water patrol, SWAT and K-9 units, are involved.

A roadblock was established at the northern Texas County line -- a route authorities believed the suspect may use to escape. Passersby were warned to be on the lookout for a hitchhiker and to not leave their homes.

Marked and unmarked police vehicles drove back and forth on Highway 17 looking for any sign of the suspect as the patrol helicopter hovered above.

The man is 5 feet, 11 inches with brown hair. Authorities are operating on the assumption that the suspect is on foot after apparently entering the woods following the shooting. He drives a 1987 Ford pickup bearing license plate 240-WRZ.

Success and Plato students were held in school buildings after the shooting - the first this year in Texas County - occurred just before 3 p.m. The pupils have since been released to parents.

Persons with any information are urged to call the Texas County Sheriff's Department at 417-967-4165 or the patrol's Troop G at 417-469-3121.

Offline lisababylove

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 02:13:10 PM »
School was canceled today for Plato and Success. 

watson

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 04:28:43 PM »
Wow a little concerned about Law101, she is returning home today coming from the Lake area, hopefully her relatives have notified her of this...... &&*&^

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
No word on his being caught.  He is a local and from what I hear, knows the countryside.  This guy had a shotgun with him.  Seems like 7-8 years of state "rehabilitation" did not take.  Hope they find him and he resists....ineffectively.  Why should the taxpayers pay for MORE "rehab", plus room and board and medical bills?

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:33:44 PM »
Wow a little concerned about Law101, she is returning home today coming from the Lake area, hopefully her relatives have notified her of this...... &&*&^

I'll call or check on her tonight. 

watson

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 09:59:12 PM »
I'll call or check on her tonight. 

She stopped in here at work and talked to me for about an hour then she had to leave and stop one more place and discuss something that was bothering her...She was then heading for home...If you talk to her tell her to please sign in and let us know she made it safe...I told her to try to get home before dark...She was really tired......

Offline hancock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 10:36:19 PM »
I saw an article in the Houston paper on this guy.  He won a million dollars in 2001 suing the Miller County Sheriff.  Why do I get the feeling that he's spent it all already?
hmmmm
An Army mom doesn't cry.........in front of her soldier

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 10:42:15 PM »
I am home safe.  I have the house locked up tight and other than being tired, I am okay.  I will end up in Maynard's World before long.

Thanks to all who called to let my family know what was going on and thanks to all who called to check up on me.  Thank is what is so great about this area.  Everyone cares about each other and helps each other.

Thanks again.
Lois

Offline lisababylove

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 10:55:43 PM »
All I want is a decent nights sleep.  My boys are horrified!  My boys are 2nd graders at Plato.  One of my boys kept me up most of the night last night having nightmares.  I stayed home from work today just to get some sleep. 

I understand the school had to do what they had to do, but they scared the daylights out of all of those kids yesterday by announcing the whole situation over the PA system for all of them to hear.  Other than that....I will give them props for how they handled getting the kids to their parents safely. 

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 12:41:07 AM »
A couple of updates:

I talked to Law101....she's as energetic as ever and safe.

From KY3:  http://www.ky3.com/news/6487222.html

Officers on manhunt may have spotted fugitivePLATO, Mo. -- Law officers looking for an accused killer may have spotted him late Wednesday afternoon. They've been looking for Neldon Neal since Tuesday.

Two school districts canceled classes on Wednesday because of the manhunt. Neal likely is armed and dangerous. Neal is charged with killing a woman between Evening Shade and Roby on Tuesday.

About 70 officers, including sheriff's deputies from four departments, backed by a Highway Patrol helicopter, are searching rural northwest Texas County. Neal is charged with second-degree murder for the shooting death of Judy Lewis, 51, after a fight in a trailer home about a mile west of Roby. At least two people brandished guns during the fight.

Sgt. Marty Elmore, a spokesman for the Missouri State Highway Patrol, says Elmore was an acquaintance of Neal, who lives near Roby. Elmore said Lewis was shot with a handgun.

Officers say Neal was last seen leaving the trailer on foot dressed in camouflage pants and a flannel shirt. Apparently he did not drive away even though he had a vehicle there.

The Plato School District had a half school day planned for Wednesday but decided to cancel classes altogether. It also had parent/teacher conferences scheduled for Wednesday but the superintendent canceled those as well. The district is closed the rest of the week as planned for a spring break.

The Success School District canceled classes on Wednesday but the superintendent still planned, as of early Wednesday, to have classes on Thursday.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 12:46:13 AM »
From the Houston Herald:  http://www.houstonherald.com

Lawmen Converge In Area Where Man Seen

UPDATED AT 7:07 p.m. Officers have converged on an area about two miles south of the shooting scene, where a man was seen running through the woods. Texas County Sheriff Carl Watson said this evening that the lead is promising, adding "there is no reason for someone to be in that area."

A Missouri State Highway Patrol helicopter and a tracking dog are on the scene, as are all available officers. Lawmen believe they have the pinpointed area surrounded.

NEW DETAILS: New details about a fatal shooting at Roby are contained in court documents filed today in Texas County Associate Circuit Court.

Marsha Sumrall, along with her girl, were inside a Highway 32 trailer when an argument ensued between murder suspect, Neldon Neal, and his companion, Judy Lewis. According to the paperwork, Neal came home, a fight ensued and weapons were brandished by Lewis and Neal. Sumrall said she handed a gun to Lewis, and Neal took it away and the two struggled.

"Ms. Sumrall stated that she saw Mr. Neal throw Judy Lewis off his back and shoot her one time blank in the chest," an officer wrote. At the time, Lewis was unarmed, Sumrall, who is Judy Lewis' former mother-in-law, said.

suzi-q

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 12:46:58 AM »
I am somewhat releived that the shooting incident was not with a random victim.   But if he seeks shelter in someone's home and he has already killed once, I wouldn't want to be the homeowner.  What are the odds he will stay in that area?   Or flee?

Offline kristy29

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 12:53:34 AM »
my boyfriend was in delanos in dixon and the girl that worked yesterday said that she thought he was in there trying to buy gas with a bad check so he may be somewhere here in dixon cause they said he had family here in dixon i just hope they find him soon

Offline rottie25

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 03:37:49 PM »
I seriously doubt that he is in the dixon area, I live in Evening Shade and if he is anywhere he is in the woods.  He has lived here most of his life and could probably survive for a while.  I just hope that they catch him soon and there are no more victims.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 07:15:50 PM »
Remember Alis Ben Johns?  Now that guy hid around the local area and avoided capture for months and also killed a few people on his road to capture.  That was quite a scary time.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mar

• View Profile
Re: Murder in Roby
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 03:31:35 AM »
I think he is long gone. If not then he is killing other women. Or he has someone hold up and staying at there house he might of cut there phone lines or something. I sure hope they catch him soon.

suzi-q

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2007, 04:12:25 AM »
Good lord, lets' hope not.   Sounds like a really bad scary movie.   Don't forget he KNEW the lady he killed.   It wasn't random.

Offline lisababylove

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2007, 08:16:24 PM »
Yeah, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't kill anyone else.  From what locals that know him have said.  He's try to kill several people.  Even all the women he has ever been with.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2007, 09:04:27 PM »
$1000 Reward!

http://www.houstonherald.com/

BREAKING: ROBY -- As officers began a three-mile hike into the wooded Ozark hills of northern Texas County to search for a suspected killer Friday morning, Texas County Sheriff Carl Watson announced a $1,000 reward for information that leads to the location and apprehension of Neldon H. Neal.

The announcement came from a command post just 1/4 mile from the trailer where Neal allegedly shot and killed his wife Tuesday afternoon. Neal, a convicted criminal with a violent past, is charged with second-degree murder in the shooting death of Judy Lewis, 51, following an argument.

Authorities from multiple agencies continue to comb the area in a massive manhunt that has reached its fourth day. Water Patrol officers from Howell County set out on foot Friday morning to search a cave in the Paddy Creek area that Neal was known to be familiar with. The Missouri State Highway Patrol also resumed an aerial search Friday.

An outdoorsman who grew up in the area, Neal knows the land well, Watson said.

"He's been in these woods for all of his life," Watson said. "He knows the locations and where everything is."

Although there have been no sightings of Neal and no beneficial leads, Watson believes he could still be in the area. He also doesn't think anyone is assisting him.

"We don't think he'll leave this area," Watson said. "This is his comfort zone."

Neal is said to be armed and dangerous. After the shooting, authorities believe he fled into the woods with a small handgun and unknown caliber revolver.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of Neal should call the Incident Command Post (417-458-4214), Texas County Sheriff's Department (417-967-4165) or Troop G Headquarters (417-469-3121).

"He will be brought in, but it's important right now that we resolve this peacefully," Texas County Prosecuting Attorney Mike Anderson said. "If he surrenders, he'll be treated fairly. He needs to know that. He needs to know it's important that we hear his story of what happened Tuesday."

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2007, 11:45:30 PM »
I heard that he won a large settlement a while ago....

I can't confirm this.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »
I heard that he won a large settlement a while ago....

I can't confirm this.

The Herald's digital archives: Neal won $1 million settlement in 2001. Page One of Story. Page Two.

http://www.houstonherald.com/template.html

You'll have to scroll down about half way to find the link  (at 2:05 update)

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »
HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING: Authorities called to fatal shooting at Roby; believed unrelated to manhunt. Posted at 6:50 p.m.

Offline rottie25

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2007, 01:08:35 AM »
do what I am living out here and have not heard such a thing.

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2007, 01:24:13 AM »
previous post was from the Houston Herald:  http://www.houstonherald.com/

HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BREAKING: Authorities called to fatal shooting at Roby; believed unrelated to manhunt. Posted at 6:50 p.m.