Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: free Rams tickets being sold on here  (Read 6736 times)

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
free Rams tickets being sold on here
« on: August 27, 2007, 06:19:09 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

kmtkbest wrote, I have a pair of tickets to the Chiefs and Rams Thursday Aug 30, 7pm in St Louis Center Field Upper Deck Asking $50 for the PAIR Please call for info or purchase do not email or I might not get back to you in time! This is a bunch of crap because Fort Leonard Wood gave away 50 plus tickets today for free, and now they have the nerve to sell them on here, they screwed over the people of Pulaski County I hope they feel good about it. Just my opinion but I think you (kmtkbest) are the biggest (NO NAME CALLING PER RICK) on this site and should be banned for life.

Offline Naughty

• Rick is awesome..
    • View Profile
Re: free Rams tickets being sold on here
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 06:22:23 PM »
ooooo that's just dirty

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »
Man....no words.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:33:31 PM »
So I guess your assuming this person kmtkbest got free tickets and is now selling them.  Who do you say screwed over the people of Pulaski County--the fort or this person?  I hope you mean the person that your talking about, because the fort gets so many tickets and gives them to active duty military personnel on a first come first serve basis.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 02:45:04 PM »
kmtkbest wrote, I have a pair of tickets to the Chiefs and Rams Thursday Aug 30, 7pm in St Louis Center Field Upper Deck Asking $50 for the PAIR Please call for info or purchase do not email or I might not get back to you in time!

This is a bunch of crap because Fort Leonard Wood gave away 50 plus tickets today for free, and now they have the nerve to sell them on here, they screwed over the people of Pulaski County I hope they feel good about it. Just my opinion but I think you (kmtkbest) are the biggest piece of Sh*t on this site and should be banned for life.
if the tickets were free who did he screw over? or are you guys mad cause he got free tickets and has no business selling them? just asking...

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »
and it doesn't look like any one is buying them either cause he left no #..

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 03:23:23 PM »
Ok to answer some questions, yes I'm pissed that they got the tickets free and are selling them, and yes I was talking about the person not the fort and the tickets were available to everyone, not just Military, and yes I'm mad they are selling them, it is obvious that they got them for the intent to sell, if they were decient people they would have let someone use them that would go and not profit from it. 

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 03:32:50 PM »
Ok I got your point now~ thank you for answering~ and your right also> + Karma for you also!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »
The limited number of free tickets were given for soldiers!!!  Not for someone to take advantage of and try to sell them.  That meant he screwed a soldier or two out of a free ticket.  Pretty simple stuff.

if the tickets were free who did he screw over? or are you guys mad cause he got free tickets and has no business selling them? just asking...
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 04:22:01 PM »
The people in the community wouldn't have gotten them anyway. By selling them, people can get something he wouldn't have had otherwise. At Ft. Sam, they gave us free tickets to Fiesta Texas all the time. I used them a couple times, then started selling them at the gate for less than it would cost the families to get in. I thought of that as helpful to someone else. Glad I didn't see a response like yours then.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:28 PM »
The people in the community wouldn't have gotten them anyway. By selling them, people can get something he wouldn't have had otherwise. At Ft. Sam, they gave us free tickets to Fiesta Texas all the time. I used them a couple times, then started selling them at the gate for less than it would cost the families to get in. I thought of that as helpful to someone else. Glad I didn't see a response like yours then.
Well you received tickets for free and sold them for a profit, pretty messed up, and your justification in you were selling them cheaper then they cost to people, so tell me why didn't you give them away for free since they cost you nothing or you could have given them back, to me you are a self confessed (No name calling allowed, warning sent.). That is just wrong, plain wrong.

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 04:41:03 PM »
I agree, what is wrong with selling them to someone in the outside community for less? Are you sure they got them for free???
Proud Army Wife and Mother of Twin girls!!!!!
Four wheels move the body.  Two wheels move the soul.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 04:42:16 PM »
Yes they got them for free.  That's the whole point!  Don't you get it? 

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
I get the point, however the person is not on here defending themselves, I wondered how everyone knew where they got them from. I jsut do not agree with bashing people behind their back and possiblly mis-information is given.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 04:47:51 PM »
Well you received tickets for free and sold them for a profit, pretty messed up, and your justification in you were selling them cheaper then they cost to people, so tell me why didn't you give them away for free since they cost you nothing or you could have given them back, to me you are a self confessed scumbag. That is just wrong, plain wrong.
You can STOP with the name calling. As for why I sold them rather than give them away, it might have been because I was still a single parent with three children to support on E-1 pay and felt like it was my choice to benefit from that job perk in the way that suited me best while still enabling someone else to benefit as well. So come off your high horse and stop being so self-important and arrogant. (This sentence edited out of courtesy for the board's fearless leader!)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2007, 05:59:49 PM »
That's how the military loses their privileges, benefits and vender support.  Because some of them misuse and take advantage of what is given to them.  Don't you think if those weren't the free tickets, kmtkbest would have said that?  And I also see people go crazy in the commissary when something gets marked way down....once it was Land o Lakes 24 slice packages of cheese for 5 cents a pack.  I bought 3 packs.  Could others buy 5 or 10 or even 25 packs?  No they were buying 10 or 20 CASES.  Hmmm Wonder where that all ended up?  And for how much?  And how many junior E-1's family's didn't get any because of the selfishness of those people?

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »
The military doesn't lose their benefits because of stuff like that. If they did, they wouldn't have new ones all the time. When I got those tickets was 1993, and they're still giving freebies to the military. And there have always been, and will always be, some people who don't "use" the tickets as such. Would you feel better if they threw them away?

If they don't want people buying case lots for resale, they can limit the amounts to what a single family might use.

I understand why some people object to this, but I also understand why it isn't a big deal to others. But I'll be damned if I will be called crass names simply because my values disagree with someone else's. I was not breaking any rules when I sold those tickets. I was simply using a job perk in the way that provided the most benefit to my family. I could have gone, and spent a lot of money, charged it to a credit card, and then left the bill unpaid. I suppose that would be preferable to ol' boy who posted the name calling. If the military gave a hoot about reselling it, I am sure they would have said, "Hey, these are not resellable." Or they could have required showing military ID when using the tickets. But they didn't. What does that mean, do you suppose?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
Well, I was in the military for 23 years and my husband 20 and I guess it's just a matter of WHAT KIND of values you have.  I for one believe in good ethics and yes you can lose privileges through misuse.  All that stuff is purchased for the military members by someone and I imagine they didn't expect to see their kind donation being hawked outside a ball park by ungrateful military dependents looking to make a buck off of their generosity.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 07:01:40 PM »
50 plus tickets for free. I wonder how many E-1 thru E-4's would have loved to received one. Nope they were'nt one of the 50 plus, so screw them and sell it to someone else to make money. WOW  Some folks just don't get it! If your not using it, give it to someone who will. I also wish they would check ID's.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 07:04:10 PM »
Here's an excerpt from the JAG instruction covering PX and Commissary use....
--   Restrictions on purchases

---   Authorized personnel may not sell or give away commissary purchases to individuals or groups not entitled to commissary privileges

---   Personnel are prohibited from using commissary purchases to support a private business

--   Sanctions for violating restrictions on purchases

---   Violations of restrictions shall provide a basis for suspension of commissary privileges or permanent revocation of commissary privileges

---   Disciplinary action under the UCMJ, Civil Service, or other pertinent regulations or agreements should be taken against the individual if the violations warrant such action

If they don't want people buying case lots for resale, they can limit the amounts to what a single family might use....

If the military gave a hoot about reselling it, I am sure they would have said, "Hey, these are not resellable." Or they could have required showing military ID when using the tickets. But they didn't. What does that mean, do you suppose?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 07:47:23 PM »
A lady was in my store today and said she won her tickets in a drawing. In that case I believe it's hers to do with as she pleases.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 07:50:50 PM »
Here's an excerpt from the JAG instruction covering PX and Commissary use....
--   Restrictions on purchases

---   Authorized personnel may not sell or give away commissary purchases to individuals or groups not entitled to commissary privileges

---   Personnel are prohibited from using commissary purchases to support a private business

--   Sanctions for violating restrictions on purchases

---   Violations of restrictions shall provide a basis for suspension of commissary privileges or permanent revocation of commissary privileges

---   Disciplinary action under the UCMJ, Civil Service, or other pertinent regulations or agreements should be taken against the individual if the violations warrant such action

Bummer, I didn't realize that military couldn't purchase stuff at the commissary for non-military.  Eeek, I've been having my neighbor pick me up milk because we just simply can't afford the price at Wal-mart when we go through about a gallon a day.  Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't want to do anything to get them in trouble.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »
Well lets see if I can keep this post from being deleated, anyone that has a pair of tickets for the KC & Rams game on thursday that did not pay for them got them for free from MWR. Period. and if your eceived them from MWR and sell them I hope you get caught and smoked, this is a major violation and anyone with any type of VALUES should know better and just plain wrong, I don't care how bad off you are. To me you are just a royal piece of %$%@%&**()*(%^#%*(^(&*%^#%^#%^&^&*^*()^*(*(&))_*($%%^$^#%^%*($%&&^^()^*(&*()&*(.... Have a nice day.   

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 08:32:54 PM »
LoL!!  Jeepguy I liked your post that got deleted HAHAHA.  Some people will just never get it.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 08:34:56 PM »
Moderator hat on

It is not that people do not get it - it was the personal name calling that got it deleted. 
Please keep personal attacks/name calling out of your posts.

Moderator hat off
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 08:38:34 PM »
Sorry.  Wasn't talking about the moderator.  Talking about the post Jeepguy responded too. 

Moderator hat on

It is not that people do not get it - it was the personal name calling that got it deleted. 
Please keep personal attacks/name calling out of your posts.

Moderator hat off

Offline tanya0220

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
Bummer, I didn't realize that military couldn't purchase stuff at the commissary for non-military.  Eeek, I've been having my neighbor pick me up milk because we just simply can't afford the price at Wal-mart when we go through about a gallon a day.  Thanks for posting this, I wouldn't want to do anything to get them in trouble.

I do not think that is what this is about..I do not think there is any harm in you giving money to your friend to pick up your milk. It is not like they are selling it to you for a higher price.
As for case lot sales. People with large families buy in bulk and freeze the items. I do not think there is much resale value in margarine

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
Much better.
Well lets see if I can keep this post from being deleated, anyone that has a pair of tickets for the KC & Rams game on thursday that did not pay for them got them for free from MWR. Period. and if your eceived them from MWR and sell them I hope you get caught and smoked, this is a major violation and anyone with any type of VALUES should know better and just plain wrong, I don't care how bad off you are. To me you are just a royal piece of %$%@%&**()*(%^#%*(^(&*%^#%^#%^&^&*^*()^*(*(&))_*($%%^$^#%^%*($%&&^^()^*(&*()&*(.... Have a nice day.   

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 01:15:28 AM »
I agree with everyone as far as if it's a violation of the rules, it shouldn't happen. Give them to someone who will use them? Sure. Except everybody who wanted them that I knew already had them. I wouldn't have taken any if it was going to short someone else. This was a standing program where I was, available week after week, and there were surplus tickets. That I sold it did not harm anyone, in any way. In fact, if anything, the people likely spent their $10 savings on drinks or whatever, and went back to their friends telling about their lucky day, making it more likely for others to attend that park.

I respect your positions, and as I said, can agree with most of it. But be sure that there IS a restriction against what someone is doing before being judgmental.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 04:29:38 AM »
Actually making purchases for unauthorized / non ID card holders at the commisary and / or the PX is forbidden. That's why an ID card is required.  It is this way to protect local merchants and because of taxes.  But I doubt that selling the tickets is forbidden.  But if I was donating the tickets a discovered they were being used by someone other than the intended I might think either to many were donated and or the interst wasn't there and reduse or eliminate the next donation.

I do not think that is what this is about..I do not think there is any harm in you giving money to your friend to pick up your milk. It is not like they are selling it to you for a higher price.
As for case lot sales. People with large families buy in bulk and freeze the items. I do not think there is much resale value in margarine