Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Waynesville plans for McCulloch retirement  (Read 1761 times)

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
Waynesville plans for McCulloch retirement
« on: September 16, 2007, 12:10:20 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

CUT AND PASTE FROM DAILY GUIDE  WEB SITE WITH COMMENTS
Waynesville plans for McCulloch retirement
[/size]
[/b]Published: Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:14 PM CDT
E-mail this story | Print this page
Darrell Todd Maurina

Waynesville Police Committee members spent most of their Thursday afternoon meeting in closed session deciding their next step once longtime Police Chief Don McCulloch retires next spring.

McCulloch submitted his resignation on Aug. 28 and his last day in office will be March 1.
City leaders had planned to use a “chief-designee” position, but Police Committee Chairman Ed Conley said a legal review shows that may not work without a change in city ordinances.

“The wording is kind of ambiguous,” Conley said. “The second part of the paragraph apparently stops us from appointing a chief-designee as long as we have a chief.”

Conley said city council members will check with City Attorney Ralph Muxlow as well as William Morgan, the former city attorney who wrote the ordinance, to determine the intent of the ordinance and how to proceed.
No decision has yet been made on selecting a new chief, Conley said, and the vacancy has not been publicly advertised.

“Right now we’re just looking at what we want to look for,” Conley said. “We are trying to establish the criteria. Obviously, whenever you can promote from within, that is always considered to be the best way to go with things.”

In other business, police committee members discussed what to do about a fitness center owner on the corner of Historic Route 66 and Highway 17 who has posted “no parking” signs on his building.
“The chief said he will look into that situation, because obviously we are not going to enforce private parking regulations,” Conley said. “It is a city street and we control whether you are able to park in a particular situation.”

Installation of 27 mobile police radios obtained through a $56,000 federal grant is on hold for a few weeks until the city’s radio installer recovers from an injury, Conley said. The radios will also be installed in the city’s utility trucks, according to City Administrator Bruce Harrill.

“The purpose is to get us all in a disaster on the same channel,” Harrill said.
Comments
Comments are limited to 200 words or less.

Wake Up wrote on Sep 14, 2007 6:15 PM: " Hey Joe did you know that Conley retired several years ago. If you are going to comment at least try to be some what up to date. " 
Joe wrote on Sep 13, 2007 2:51 PM: " Im with Police Reform 100%. They need someone other than another good ole boy to fix that mess. What is wrong with Conley he need to wake up I think its time for him to go too. "   
I agree wrote on Sep 13, 2007 2:39 PM: " I agree... I think also that they should hire outside of town.... "   
Police Reform wrote on Sep 13, 2007 8:05 AM: " The City of Waynesville NEEDS to ensure that they hire the new chief of police from an outside agency! Please don't hire someone locally based on the "good ole' boy system." The vacancy announcement needs to be opened at minimum state wide. They need to hire a qualified individual from a larger agency outside of the area who is not tied to this community. Having someone who is willing to make changes and take a professional and progressive attitude towards policing would be a great improvement for this community. "   
Good Riddance! wrote on Sep 12, 2007 7:24 PM: " Best wishes! May life treat you the way you have treated others. Maybe a new chief will check his facts, before making a quote to a reporter. "  FitNFree wrote on Sep 12, 2007 5:25 PM: " As a patron of the fitness center on the corner, I am amazed at the LACK of cooperation with downtown businesses to ensure them to have adaquate parking. The larger building attached to the fitness center is fortunate they have no need for local parking because they would starve! How did the supermarket do it?? Oh wait they had "JIMS PARKING ONLY SIGNS". "

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: Waynesville plans for McCulloch retirement
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:24:56 PM »
Why don't the "fitness seekers" park across the street in the parking lot and walk?  Seems like that would increase their fitness. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Trix

• View Profile
Re: Waynesville plans for McCulloch retirement
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 11:51:20 PM »
they should have their own parking, the sheriff office does, if you watch that's who parks in those spots what happen to 2 hour parking