Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: SR police getting sued  (Read 21640 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: SR police getting sued
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 07:50:25 PM »

Share/Bookmark

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 08:32:54 PM »
Since when is a cop telling you to shut up a "lawful order"?  Mace me for that. I can assure the cops many problems, starting with a lawsuit.  I can also assure you there is a good samaritin act and the cops should have been taking into account that this jerk was trying to assist the woman.  Hell, if they did assault me, they might even finding me preferring criminal charges for assault under color of law.  I would be interested in finding out the facts.  Not those the lawyers let you hear in court, but all of the facts.  As I see it, the police came on a situation and separated the combatants.  That is as it should be.  From there it went down hill.  Respect is a TWO way street and the police owe it to citizens as well as vice versa.   This makes me wonder how they would react to someone with a gun (carried lawfully) and had not been brandished.  Would they have paniced at the sight of someone other than a police officer having one?  How much force would have been used then?   Know your rights or lose them.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 09:18:12 PM »
Dont tase me bro!haha..sorry i had to say it but what i ment to say was two of the three cops listed have pulled me over.numeruous times for no reason personally i beleive it is because of the car i drive & maybe its because im a cute lil blonde......
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 09:20:24 PM »
Carrying anything over a hundred bucks is probable cause to search your vehicle?   No wonder everyone is going plastic.  Geez.  Who knew.

And multiple tatoos are another reason?  Oh oh.
Biscuit, why did they pull you over in the first place?

I absolutely hate being treated  (in my opinion) unjustly.   I do not think I fit the profile of a dangerous person.   But I have been threatened by a deputy before, because I was trying to get help on my cell phone.   
Do they actually ask to riffle through your wallet to count your cash?   Or did they just ask and you were honest about it?
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
Coyote, IMHO you are waaaaaay over the line in your post accusing "sneaking cheating soldiers' of taking your tax dollars....waaaaaaay over the line my friend.  I'd use quote for this IF IT WORKED  >.<
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »
Biker & TopGun, you are right. But "Disturbing the Peace" comes to mind, too. We don't know for certain until the whole story comes out, but even so my opinion isn't changing so far.

Now TopGun, if you'd sued over that, I'd have supported you.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 12:26:35 AM »
I was originally pulled over for speeding. their speed limit was 65 I was cruisin at 70 out of habit. He took my wallet when I opened it to get my liscense and all my money was in view. he then asked me to get out of the car and told me he was going to search my car. simple as that. so when I told him I didnt believe it was legal to be searched without probable cause . He said my large amount of money was probable cause, that anything over 100.00  could be questionable. I figured he was fulla shit but Like I said earlier...Arguing with em only leads to the ol club to the head...lol
Biscuit

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »
Christie is leaving because of getting married. Holy cow people.

Yes her is, there was even a recent photo of the new couple to be in the local paper. It is official.
JB

xyxex_kayn

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 12:36:41 AM »
Dont quote me on this but i either heard somewhere or read somewhere that when you say no to being searched gives probable cause.
I hope to heck that isnt true

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 04:00:29 AM »
Findlaw has a lot to say on probable cause, but that's not something that's mentioned. Neither is the money situation. But in reading what's posted there, I would say that either of those things in and of themselves wouldn't constitute it. If it happened to me, I'd be willing to put it to the test.

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/constitution/amendment04/02.html
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Semper Fi

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 10:39:46 AM »
Ms. Kristi Bohrer is getting married and her and her husband will be living out of state were he will next be stationed. Kristi is one of the most honest and thoughtful persons I have had the pleasure of dealing with as well as the St. Robert Police Department.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 12:27:47 PM »
Refusing a search is NOT probable cause nor even reasonable suspicion.  Having said that, ANYTHING they find in the car during such an ILLEGAL search cannot be used against you.  Someone is filling up the BS meter with "more than $100 is probable cause".   If they ask to search my car, the answer is no.  Nothing more needs be said as far as I am concerned.  They can get a search warrant showing probable cause or they can leave it alone.  Remember, when you are pulled over, the police are NOT your friend.  You are not required to speak to them, as anything you say will be used against you.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 12:35:35 PM »
SC Said:  Coyote, IMHO you are waaaaaay over the line in your post accusing "sneaking cheating soldiers' of taking your tax dollars....waaaaaaay over the line my friend.  I'd use quote for this IF IT WORKED  >.<
I WORK with them every day and I see it first hand.  They will wink and smile and point to their ear.  I KNOW they do this....and it's true.  If you don't think so, you live in a dream world.  If you don't have a 30% disability you won't get a decent job at FLW.  So that's what happens.  Go up to the VA office and they will try to SQUEEZE 30% out of you...that's the truth.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »
True, we are losing a huge assett to our community.

Ms. Kristi Bohrer is getting married and her and her husband will be living out of state were he will next be stationed. Kristi is one of the most honest and thoughtful persons I have had the pleasure of dealing with as well as the St. Robert Police Department.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 01:48:59 PM »
I wasn't in the parking lot the night this situation took place, and don't want to comment on that angle of this thread.  I did, however, meet the individual that has brought the suit against the SRPD while I was recovering from shoulder surgery.  He had already had several surgeries on his knee and was still in really bad shape.  The knee was so screwed up that I guess the Army finally decided they couldn't help him any longer.  He never brought up the situation like most people would do.  From what I saw, he was working hard to try and rehab his knee and this was well over a year after this situation happened.

If the SRPD uses these kinds of tactics against anyone, I for one say it is excessive.  I've heard similar stories about other officer's in the WPD, but that's another story.

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 02:45:19 PM »
"I WORK with them every day and I see it first hand.  They will wink and smile and point to their ear.  I KNOW they do this....and it's true.  If you don't think so, you live in a dream world.  If you don't have a 30% disability you won't get a decent job at FLW.  So that's what happens.  Go up to the VA office and they will try to SQUEEZE 30% out of you...that's the truth."

Coyote, I don't want to hijack this thread, but I can't believe you paint ALL veterans with your unqualified and broad brush stroke as criminals out to bilk tax payers out of money. You project an amazingly bitter and narrow minded position, and if you do indeed work with these folks I feel for them, as it sounds like everyone of them is labled a crook by you as soon as you encounter them.  I'm appalled, and VERY disappointed.  I hope you walk around your office openly expressing your opinions as you have stated them here, becuase if you do indeed work with these folks it's time you move on - you are bitter and close minded.  You seriously need to find a new line of work.
"All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 03:17:52 PM »
A new line of work?  You don't even know what I do. And yes I am bitter.  I'm also a retired Veteran and so is my husband.  We are honest taxpayers as well.  I see very young Soldiers almost DAILY who are without limbs, some who will be hospitalized for a year, parents of dying or killed Soldiers and then on the other hand....the others who try (and succeed) in bilking the system....I did not say ALL but there are a lot.  Go ask anyone who works on the Fort and I'll bet they are 30%  One particular person I know (GS-12) was dancing around the office the other day because he FINALLY got his 50%...now he'll get backpay for it and they OWE him $10,000.  He seems ok except for being really fat and smoking a pack a day, rides a motorcycle, and his 50% is all due to "migrains", "TMJ", a rash from about 10 years ago, etc.  And 50% of his retirement pay will be tax free now.  Hoo hoo!!  These people spend their entire retired life shooting for 100%.  And yes I do express my opinion openly because my husband who is a professional at his occupation and couldn't get a job on FLW due to he wasn't 30% and was told to go to the VA and get 30% somehow or he'd never work here.  We are above that and he now has a civilian job that pays more and he's happier there without all the bs.  Thank God.

Offline mommyto2boys

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2007, 03:44:39 PM »
My husband is a GS-11 at FLW and has no disabilities.  So, it is possible to get a job on Post.  It definately isn't easy, though.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2007, 03:51:59 PM »
I'm sorry for my previous rant.  I have calmed down now.  If that guy had several operations over a years time and the doctors can't do anything else and he had to be discharged.  My God he must have been done worse than just sweep kicked.

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2007, 05:09:36 PM »
Coyote you wrote -Are you the one who wrote the long story about the "what if" accident on the other side of the Crocker Bridge?  That was funny.  Anyway, If someone was disrespectful to me, why....I'd break their leg too!  Especially if I had 4 other people to help me do it.

Sorry, I looked back and see that it wasn't you, but sure sounds the same. -

From your posts you totally lack empathy and actually I think you just take an opposing view to just about anything that the majority posts. I am sure that you do see a lot of people who "fake" to get 30% dissability out there but I am sure there are many more who are  actually very hurt. I watch my neighbor who has severe spinal problems due to an accident in the military. He works himself to death at 2 jobs supporting his family because his wife also has health problems and they have 4 children.He also has 30%dissability, but guess what, he does not have a job on post, even though he has applied for many positions. Yet, he still has to put up with people with your narrow minded attitude. With your point of view I guess he could have had his x-rays faked as well. It just sounds to me that something in your life has really made you one jaded soul. Maybe we all should pray for you to find compassion.

By the way my little "what if" story-NOT FUNNY. It did not include a closed bridge but was true and happened many years ago. I hope you never have to look into the eyes of a parent and know their child will likely not make it due to other circumstances that you could not control. I hope you never have to hold any childs hands as she slips away regardless of how hard you try to help and keep her alive long enough to make it to the hospital. It was simply something I do want want to have to relive or have anyone in my profession go through. I did not want to see another parent potentially face this situation again.The fact that you found it "funny" really  speaks for the type of person you are.

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »
Coyote - I am looking forward to you coming into this thread:
http://columbialodging.net/smf/index.php?topic=4760.0

You need to spend some time here convincing me, and other honorable disabled veterans that you don't need to retract your statements and issue and apology.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
Semper Fi-Love the kitty picture, made me smile.  Thanks

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 06:11:57 PM »
kbohon wrote:  Think about it. If the guy had a gun, even a second's delay could have resulted in someone's death if he'd been jumping up to attack. You don't have time in those situations to say, hey, wait a second while we frisk you to see if you could hurt anyone. And it doesn't sound like he was under arrest at that point, so there was no reason to have frisked him. I responded to that entry.  So why are talking about little dying children and why you seem to think I find dying children to be funny?  I don't even know who you are or what you are talking about.  You haven't even been making entries on this thread so butt out.

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 06:44:24 PM »
^^ somebody must be outta happy meds.

Offline Steph

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 07:47:25 PM »
I know the Brown family they have gone through alot over the last few years.  Paul tried to stay in the Army, but after the 8th or 9th surgery they would not let him.  And the medical retirement that is a joke, for an E-5 it wont cover there rent, utilities, and taking care of the kids. 
I am an MP wife and from all that I have heard and seen things could have been handled differently.  Their was no need in hurting someone that bad or at all. 

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »
Coyote I copy and pasted what you wrote in response to kbohon. If you were not referring to what I wrote about the Crocker bridge Closing then clarify it. Who you were talking about? If you were to clarify who you were talking and what was wrote and I am wrong then I will gladly apologize.
 I do not know you either. I simply responded to what you wrote, and based on what I have read of your other posts and what I copy and pasted, that is how I feel. When you state your opinion on an open forum don't be mad when someone calls you on something and don't expect that person to butt out.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2007, 09:08:03 PM »
Look, I'm sorry but I can't quote and it gets stuff all mixed up.  I would never laugh at sick babies and that was a messed up thing to say.  You only had two entries in the whole thread and one of them was to blast me for something I didn't even know what you were talking about.  The crocker bridge thing was just a joke about the long drawn out rendition of what could happen.  That was what I found funny.  Forget it, it's too hard to explain. 

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 02:47:12 AM »
WTF are you talking about?please clarify
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 05:48:52 AM »

Those who know me know Im legal at all times and I wont let them get me again so let the chips fall where they may.

This sounds an awful lot like a threat. 
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 08:59:35 AM »
sounds to me like someone is fed up with martial law