Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Greek Meadow, a PCW Member  (Read 35537 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Greek Meadow, a PCW Member
« on: October 22, 2007, 02:53:51 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Greek Meadow one of our PCW members is in DesPeres Hospital in St. Louis. 
She had back surgery, because she had a tumor on her spinal cord and it ruptured.  Then she had gotten an infection in her spinal cord. She made it through her surgery just fine but now her doctor tells us that she is going to have to go through extensive physical therapy. The doctor said it would take a miracle if Greek ever walked again.
She lives in a small trailer house with her mother, and brother. Her mother does not want to put her in a nursing home. They are just needing a room to be built on the trailer to make it handicapped accessible, they think they may be able to make the doorway bigger, so she can get to the bathroom, but it to will need to be remodled and be made where a wheelchair can fit in it.
We are looking for any donations to help pay for this and also volunteers to help build this room. I have already found someone to donate the money for 2 ramps, and a bulldozer, and backhoe donated for leveling the ground and digging the foundation. We will also be having a fundraiser for (GreekMeadow) Teresa in the future.
You can send all donations to Lepard Shoes. GreekMeadow and her sister Kathy are both members of the Pulaski County Web.  All donations will be greatly appreciated, as her family does not want Teresa to have to go to a nursing home.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

ck2boys

Re: Greek Meadow, a PCW Member
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 12:11:49 PM »
Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with her and her family. 

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 01:23:36 PM »
Thank You all. I talked to her lastnight on the phone and asked if she could feel her legs yet and she told me that not as of yet. she isn't going to give up she says that doctors have been wrong before. Looks like after she heals up some more they told her that she would have to go into a nursing home for her rehabilitation so we all have decided if she does then we want her to go to the one in Dixon because she has so many caring friends there that she made while she worked at Dixon Delano and then from when she was working for the Dixon Police Department. I talked to one of her friends and she informed me that this way she will never have to eat the food there lol. Our mother is really upset about this but I told her it won't be forever, We will get her back home. And since my son is now playing football in Dixon we can go there for a fact of 3 days a week to see her. Things have been rough for her for so many years and I feel like it is so unfair she is having so many problems. For people who don't know her and the problems she has here is some of them, She found out a few years ago she is Diabetic then later she got sick and found out she had a heart attack, Then she was told she would have to do dialysis (has to do 3 days a week) then her foot swelled to the point they went in and removed the bones out of her foot and replaced them with artifical bones then got an infection in the foot and had to remove the artifical bones and now has to wear a special made type boot and on her other foot she has had to have her big toe removed and her pinkey toe removed due to getting an infection in them. She has a drain tube in the ankle of the foot she has to wear the boot on because she doesn't want them to remove her foot so her doctor thinks keeping it drained will help keep the infection out. She has had 3 surgerys on 1 eye because of something that keeps blowing out on it and I think she has had 1 may have been 2 on the other eye, She has been in 2 car accidents the first one messed up her neck and back keeping her from becoming an EMT that she went to school to do (her lawyer is still not be able to get this case settled yet after 13 years)and the second one happened when she was coming back from her doctors appointment in St. Louis(last summer) breaking her collar bone and cracking a vertibrae in her back, And now she had a tumor removed near her spinal cord that also had an infection.(took 4 hospitals to find out what was wrong with her in a total of a week and a half 3 of them telling her only muscle spasms. &^&**( All of this has been done to her and she is only 41 years old. (tells everyone she is 29 and holding) Yes my moms trailer house is to small for a wheelchair because back in 1976 they made the hallways and doorways so small and my mom cannot afford to build another home and she isn't able to hardly get around herself. Yes our older brother lives at home with them and very I'm grateful now that he never moved out because it is up to him to do the cooking and washing dishes and going to the grocery store. I am the one that gets called on to take my mom and my sister to doctor appointments and to the hospital and pick up prescriptions and for all my moms blood draws every month sometimes 2 times a month at Ft. Wood. And my little bother and his wife that live next door to my mom also stays busy going to pick up some of my sisters prescriptions and going to walmart for all her bandages she has to have for her foot. So yes I feel like my moms family are in very much of need. I am so grateful from the bottom of my heart for all that is wanting to help them out.
The address to the hospital that she is in for people who asked to send cards to is
Des Peres Hospital
C/O Teresa Criswell - room 338
2345 Dougherty Ferry Rd
St. Louis MO, 63122

Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 06:26:06 PM »
Hope everything goes well and she overcomes this set back.  My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »
Someone donated 200.00 dollars today.

I don't know what to say...Alot of tears going on here thank you Someone. One day when I get sometime would love to meet everyone that is helping us out. Thank You again

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 05:51:18 AM »
My prayers are with the family  - my family would love to help in whatever way we can.
Melissa

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 10:45:48 AM »
Kathy,
Is there anyway your family would consider moving into income-based housing? Was just thinking that they might take the medical issues into account as well as have  a wheelchair ramps. Just a thought. Prayers are sent your way!

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2007, 11:07:26 AM »
Please let us all know exactly what is needed.  Heck if they can do it on TV when everybody is watching, then why can't we do it cause it needs doing.  Time for actions to back up my mouth.

In regards to materials, rock, etc let me know, and when there's actual building going on. Please let us know.  Who knows, we might all knock this out in a couple of days? 

Best to all
Bill
I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 11:31:13 AM »
Need someone to go to the house with construction expierience, and see what the construction needs are.

Please let us all know exactly what is needed.  Heck if they can do it on TV when everybody is watching, then why can't we do it cause it needs doing.  Time for actions to back up my mouth.

In regards to materials, rock, etc let me know, and when there's actual building going on. Please let us know.  Who knows, we might all knock this out in a couple of days? 

Best to all
Bill

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2007, 04:35:01 PM »
just got some news on her. they ran a test on her the other day to see if she had anymore infections or blockage maybe to her heart and the test turned out good (for now) but then I got a call this morning telling me to keep anymore infections from spreading they are going to be removing her bad foot even though it hurts me to see her have to go through this if it will save her life then so be it. We all are trying to keep her spirits up and letting her know just because they are going to have to amputate her foot she will still always be the same person. I also found out today that some people are going to be setting out cans for ones that want to donate other places to. Thank You so much rick for letting people take donations to you. I have never had to do anything like this before and am pretty lost about it all. Right now things are so overwhelming I feel as if I am running around in circles and getting no wheres. I also want to thank everyone for their support, Without you all I would be totally lost.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 05:27:36 PM »
Is the addition for Theresa still a viable plan, then?  Even if she does go into the nursing home, the addition with the ramp will be needed so she can come home for visits.
And I am hoping the nursing home/rehab is only a temporary situation?
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 05:42:51 PM »
Is the addition for Theresa still a viable plan, then?  Even if she does go into the nursing home, the addition with the ramp will be needed so she can come home for visits.
And I am hoping the nursing home/rehab is only a temporary situation?

Yes no matter what we will not let her stay in a nursing home permanently we will one way or another get her back home.

cricket

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »
Rick can we send a donation check to you? I hardly ever get down that way?

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2007, 05:56:55 PM »
I am sitting here trying to think of good fund raising events, to suppliment the donations from the board members.
Not like what was done at frog fest, tho, since the weather has turned colder.
Turkey shoots are very popular around here.  Of course the frozen turkeys have to be donated, and scorecards and targets made. 
Has anyone here gone to one before and knows how to set one up?
A Chili supper would be a nice thing to have, too, with a raffle table.
Good advance advertizing is a must.
I would help organize something if someone could do some leg work and find  locations.   Locations must be either free use or with a minimal user fee.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 06:43:21 PM »
Lepard Shoe
690 MO. Avenue Suite 12
St. Robert, MO 65584
Rick can we send a donation check to you? I hardly ever get down that way?

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »
5 yrs ago one of my Boy Scouts mom was a victim of the crooked pharmacist and had a cancer relapse because of it.

My auction company put together a benefit auction and chili supper for her and it resulted in a few thousand dollars raised.  I dissolved the auction company because of divorce but I bet we could ask our resident auctioneer if he would like to donate his services and I would be glad to help.

The way we did it was family and friends solicited donations from anyone and everyone.  We had a wide range of items from goods and services from businesses to handmade items like a cedar chest and quilts.  The town donated the community center to hold the auction in, the newpaper donated the advertising space for the sale bill, etc. etc. My Scout troop and the Girl Scout Troop in the area handled the chili supper as a service project.  We ended up getting everything donated.  It was a lot of hard work but very rewarding and a fun time was had by all. 

Just throwing ideas out there.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 07:28:54 PM »
If he doesn't want to donate his services (the auctioneer) the same thing could be done with the raffle table, but more valuable donations (such as quilt, etc) could be done by silent auction.   Bidding lists are placed by each item and those wishing to bid on the item place a higher bid put their name and bid amount on the list.  The only problem with this method is it gets complicated if the winning bidder has left before the bidding process ends.  I suppose if the deadline for bids is advertised and done during the time of the chili supper, that would work.
We should have a location that is inside, with lots of electric available.
The Ad tracker will post fund raisers for free, and flyers can be posted at banks and  businesses.  Radio stations will make mention in their community calendars also.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2007, 07:34:52 PM »
I was hoping that we pcw members could donate the food for the supper.  At the Rabbit shows I attend, when they are serving chili, everyone brings some and it is all mixed together in one big pot. Tastes unbelievably good that way.
I still have some disposable service items stored, from my club's shows, and fund raisers. 
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 08:34:52 PM »
I am still an auctioneer just don't have a company that has name recognition like I used to. Name recognition is important as it draws additional people namely the ones that attend all that auctioneers auctions. 

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 08:49:14 PM »
I know what you mean.  I used to work for an antique auction house in St. Charles.

And around here I know that in Phelps Co., Huffman and Breeding will draw the buyers, more than some of our other locals in my area.
It's also good to have an auctioneer that will work a little bit to get bids, knows what he is trying to sell, and has a sense of humor.   I have attended auctions one of our member's does, and liked his style.
The items to be auctioned should be good stuff too, I know you agree.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 08:55:39 PM »
I can help with the construction let me know when and where.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
Definately JM.  I have already PM'd Ed as we were discussing other business and mentioned it to him.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2007, 10:07:03 PM »
this may sound crazy to alot of people but here it goes. i have an old 2 story house my husband and i no longer live in now this is only a thought what if there was enough lumber to build them a small new home would anyone be willing to help me tear down my old house to have the lumber to just build them a new home instead of just doing an add on room or do you all think im crazy i am willing to give my old house up if i can get help taking it down board by board and all the windows in it are all still good

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 10:30:48 PM »
Is the old house in good condition?
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2007, 10:33:40 PM »
Kathy, I believe in recylcling building materials, especially windows, when you can.  But the lumber in it will have rot, termite damage, if not termites too, nail damage from deconstruction.   There is just too much new to be required, wiring, plumbing, drywall, foundation, roof, heating and cooling....insulation.  Just too much I am afraid.  If you would like to have a new home built, and don't want to have HUD attached to their hips for decades, I would definately look into habitats for humanity.  For a whole new house.  It would be by far cheaper to buy a good used mobile home that is better suited.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2007, 11:04:09 PM »
hubby says the only wood in the house bad is the old floor because years after him and his ex bought it they built on a bedroom and bathroom and front porch and a new roof he says if not enough for a small house should be good to have for an add on room

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »
Hey! Auctioneer Ed here!
I don't have the time to devote to run the benefit auction start to finish,(soliciting, picking up, setting up) but I'm willing to help and render services as the auctioneer for the event with YT & others help. Be willing to offer advice, too.
Oh yeah and I'll drop off $50.00 at Rick's, tomorrow.
Our prayers are with GM. 

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2007, 01:27:30 AM »
Is the 2 story house liveable?  Could the first floor be turned into bedrooms and the upstairs used for storage?