Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Sen. Chuck Graham Arrested For Driving While Intoxicated  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sen. Chuck Graham Arrested For Driving While Intoxicated
« on: October 22, 2007, 05:53:43 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Sen. Chuck Graham Arrested For Driving While IntoxicatedGraham Involved in Saturday Night Car Crash
Story written by News StaffStory posted on October 21, 2007
Story Links and Resources:Click
Sen. Chuck Graham (D)-Columbia

Missouri Government Related Stories:Sen. Chuck Graham Arrested For... A Columbia politician finds himself on the other side of the law.  Columbia police arrested State Senator Chuck Graham Saturday night on suspicion of drunk driving after the Senator got into a traffic accident.
Graham is free after posting $500 bond about 5:00 am Sunday morning.  A staff member sent out a short statement today telling us about the accident and the Senator's arrest and said there would be no further comment from the Senator.  ABC 17 looked into the details of the arrest contained in the police report of Saturday night's incident.
Police say the report is not complete so there were few details in it.  It says Graham was arrested after he rear ended another car just blocks away from is home.  Police told ABC 17 Graham's vehicle and two other cars were involved in the crash at the intersection of Green Meadows and Bethel just before 10:00 pm.  The other drivers were not injured but Graham's statement today said he "asked for medical treatment, and was subsequently transported to the emergency room at University Hospital.  He was released this morning."   
Court records show this is Graham's first offense.  There are no charges filed in the case.
http://www.kmiz.com/news/story.php?id=9607&author=News%20Staff&category=Missouri%20Government&franchise=&county=&city=&partner=&PHPSESSID=36afd3d44be8929b78e74f4605afc342
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline frog_love

• View Profile

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
Re: Sen. Chuck Graham Arrested For Driving While Intoxicated
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 01:34:40 PM »
My mommy always told me "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...

I'm not a fan of Sen Graham, so I hope my silence speaks volumes.
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 11:50:40 AM »
There is a link in this story that gives the police report.  Amazing how many friends at the hospital the Sen. seems to have.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/news-politicalfix/2007/10/police-release-graham-arrest-report/
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 03:03:26 PM »
Wow.... all I can say is wow...  One only realizes the totality of the circumstances when you read the police report...  This guy is one corrupt jacka$$!!!
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 10:04:47 PM »
Wow - What a night that officer had.   I wonder if we will ever hear anything more on the case. . .
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 02:48:55 PM »
Anyone else heard anything on this?  Wonder if he's going to play the "rehab" card and beg forgiveness from the voters for a "mistake".

Offline Eeyore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 05:13:21 AM »
Graham says he's quit drinking since DWI arrest
“That's a personal decision on my part. I feel good about that, and I'm actually embracing that. It'll certainly be a personal challenge.”

Published on columbiatribune.com Friday, October 26, 2007 With protesters and supporters lining the approach to Mizzou Arena, Sen. via Columbia Daily Tribune
Graham says he's quit drinking since DWI arrest

By T.J. GREANEY of the Tribune’s staff
Published on columbiatribune.com Friday, October 26, 2007
With protesters and supporters lining the approach to Mizzou Arena, Sen. Chuck Graham’s kickoff fundraiser for his re-election campaign Friday was highly charged and drew the attention of reporters and TV cameras.

Graham, D-Columbia, met privately with each media representative to talk about the political fallout from his arrest last Saturday on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. He called the episode a “humbling” experience and said it had caused him to stop drinking alcohol.

“Number one, I’m not drinking anymore,” Graham told the Tribune. “That’s a personal decision on my part. I feel good about that, and I’m actually embracing that. It’ll certainly be a personal challenge.”

Asked how long sobriety will last, he said, “I’m just not drinking, period.”

Dozens of his supporters weren’t drinking either. Graham said he canceled a previously scheduled cash bar for the fundraiser, because “I didn’t think it would be prudent.”

Before entering Clinton’s Club, where donors were invited to give between $100 and $650, Graham refused to talk about details surrounding his arrest but said he hadn’t pondered quitting.

“I didn’t consider resigning, but obviously I had to step back and take pause to think, ‘Do I really want to be in the public spotlight for another four years?’ And I had to think, ‘Do I still have something to offer to the people of this district?’ And I think that I do,” he said.

Since the arrest, Internet message boards have lit up with accounts of Graham frequenting bars and drinking. In a Tribune editorial Friday, Publisher Hank Waters said Graham’s “occasional tendency to enjoy too many beers already was widely known.”

Graham called the arrest an opportunity to reevaluate things. “Obviously everyone has an opinion, and God knows Hank does. But all I can do is from this point forward try to learn from this experience, try to become a better person as well as a better public servant.”

Asked whether he had ever previously driven while drunk, Graham said, “Not that I’m aware of.”

As a legislator, Graham voted to cut funding for the Missouri Division of Liquor Control and supported easing restrictions on bars’ proximity to churches and schools. He said Friday he stands by those votes and doesn’t believe his arrest will hinder him as a legislator.

According to police, Graham repeatedly refused to take a breath test for alcohol after his arrest, which results under Missouri law in a one-year revocation of his driver’s license. Graham is appealing and has a 15-day temporary driving permit, but he did not drive himself to the fundraiser.

Some MU College Republicans Friday took aim at Graham. Law student Jeremy Hagen, 23, was one of seven protesters outside the arena entrance. His sign read, “Lawmaker or Lawbreaker?”

“We thought it was important to get the message out that students at Mizzou, at least those with a certain political affiliation, do not support drunk driving. That’s why we’re here,” he said.

Freshman Lauren Grant, 19, who was not a College Republican, said she was shocked by the published police report. “I just think, as far as ethics go, regardless of who you are, if you commit any type of crime, you shouldn’t get off,” she said.

Twelve College Democrats faced off against the Republicans, holding placards supporting Graham. Despite media attention, they said, Graham’s struggles are not a hot issue on campus.

“Frankly, most people have no idea of what’s going on,” said Rick Puig, 19, president of the Young Democrats of Missouri. But Puig, whose sign called Republicans “classless,” believes that people who know of Graham’s record will forgive him.

“Certainly, I was disappointed to hear it and I recognize that people make mistakes,” Puig said. “But at the end of the day, Chuck Graham has done a fantastic job of championing the rights of students and being proactive for this university. And I’m willing to forgive.”

The student Democrats later were welcomed into the fundraiser with loud applause.

Graham said he’s mainly stayed home this week but has been overwhelmed by support from “Democrats, Republicans, friends and foes, people inside politics, outside politics and people in law enforcement.”

Jim De Jong, president of the Columbia-based Americans with Disabilities Act Project, said Graham had faced adversity all his life and will attack this controversy with his usual resolve. “I think people realize we don’t elect machines. We elect people, and people have frailties and things that occur in their lives. And what I look for is how they deal with adversity and get on with it.”
http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Oct/20071026News051.asp

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 12:47:38 PM »
“Number one, I’m not drinking anymore,” Graham told the Tribune. “That’s a personal decision on my part. I feel good about that, and I’m actually embracing that. It’ll certainly be a personal challenge.”
My guess is he isn't drinking any less either...

Asked how long sobriety will last, he said, “I’m just not drinking, period.”

Asked whether he had ever previously driven while drunk, Graham said, “Not that I’m aware of.”

OMG... is he serious?!?!  Typical politician (no David, you're NOT typical!!), this guy needs to GO!! 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »
Not that I'm aware of??  Hmmm. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »
I haven't been on here in a while and saw this subject and just had to comment.  Oddly enough, one of my class instructor's gave us this article and had us write our thoughts on it.  This is the text of the police report from this incident that the columbiatribune.com published last week.  You guys have to read this!

http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Oct/20071024News043.asp

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 01:19:11 PM »
I haven't been on here in a while and saw this subject and just had to comment.  Oddly enough, one of my class instructor's gave us this article and had us write our thoughts on it.  This is the text of the police report from this incident that the columbiatribune.com published last week.  You guys have to read this!

http://www.showmenews.com/2007/Oct/20071024News043.asp

Now THAT had to be an interesting class!!  I can't believe what a joke of a politician this guy is.  For someone who claims to run on "The Safety Ticket", supporting everything and anything that can be lumped under safety, and flaunting "public safety" as a way to bypass our freedoms... ya, DWI is REAL SAFE!!!  Hopefully, there are enough people in the Columbia area that don't have their heads stuck in the sand to get this guy out of office this year!

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 02:09:39 PM »
What did the medical personnel think they could do, force the police officer to hand over the urine sample?  I guess when these guys/gals get into these positions of power they mistakenly believe they can do whatever they want and nobody is going to call them on it.  I'm sure this police officer was making damn sure he covered his backside on this one, once he figured out what was going on.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 02:45:54 PM »
It is an interesting class.  Most of the students were pretty angry with the medical staff as well.  The good old boy system of thinking is alive and well in Columbia, MO!  Nice to see that this officer maintained their cool, and didn't let it happen.  I knew you guys would enjoy it!

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2007, 09:43:11 PM »
OMG... is he serious?!?!  Typical politician (no David, you're NOT typical!!), this guy needs to GO!! 

LOL....how many times have I been told that.  A few weeks ago at a reception, a guy was paying me a compliment when he said "you know, being a State Representative has not changed David at all", to which my wife replied "no, but we are still hoping".  Man she is good!

Thanks for the compliment.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2007, 05:40:09 PM »
What did the medical personnel think they could do, force the police officer to hand over the urine sample?  I guess when these guys/gals get into these positions of power they mistakenly believe they can do whatever they want and nobody is going to call them on it.  I'm sure this police officer was making damn sure he covered his backside on this one, once he figured out what was going on.

Dave:

I guess I should have said "I guess when SOME OF these guys/gals get into.....". Sorry for lumping you into the same pot as some of these guys/gals in positions of power.