Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dog Nappers  (Read 42630 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Dog Nappers
« on: October 24, 2007, 08:40:18 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I've lost many dogs from my house, most recently a 160 lb. New Foundland (black and white) Today I saw a small gray pick-up with a large cage in the back driving slowly past my house. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll pay $200 cash for information leading to the return of my dog. $300 if I can have the guy alone for 10 minutes.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
Re: Dog Nappers
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:06 PM »
Please call the police about this Mark.   
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »
Did you happen to get the license plate # on that slow gray pickup? :(
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2007, 10:26:03 PM »
Id believe it. My 200 lb st. bernard disapeared without a trace a month ago.
Biscuit

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2007, 10:31:41 PM »
What are they doing with them?
~Teilhard de Chardin

WindblownLilac

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 11:13:52 PM »
I had 2 dogs disappear not too long ago.  A 130+ lb st bernard mix puppy, and a 60 lb chow/spitz.   We searched everywhere, they disappeared without a trace.  It wouldn't suprise me if they are being snatched and who knows what done with them.   :(

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 03:15:06 AM »
There are puppy theft rings that can operate for a few reasons. I have only known of one personally, which was years ago in Arizona that was stealing pets for occult sacrifices. (I have a horrible memory of discovering one of them in a canal on Christmas Eve, skinned except for the tip of its nose and tail.) But I remembered hearing some other reasons and looked up reasons for stealing dogs. Found out that animal thefts occur for a variety of reasons:

- To use as "bait" in training fighting dogs because pets are meeker, so the thieves can injure them easily while training fighting animals.

- To resell for drug money.

- Occult sacrifices.

- To sell to laboratories (who are not allowed to accept microchipped dogs.)

- The scariest one: "Bunchers" who collect "free to good home" animals and sometimes steal pets are licensed by the USDA and collect these animals to be used in laboratory experiments.

This link has more information and also has a link to a page where a $3,000 reward is offered for people who report license plates of suspect vehicles (it describes what to look for) when those vehicle owners are found to be stealing dogs.

http://members.tripod.com/Dog_tracer/page3.html
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 12:25:16 PM »
Thanks kbohon all that I saw was a small primer gray pick-up with a cage that took up the entire bed. Don't let me catch devil worshiping freaks messing with my dogs I'll have them begging for Gods help in no time.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 01:49:23 PM »
Well, maybe more people will be watching for that truck now that you posted here.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 06:08:37 PM »
I know I will be watching.  And I live on a cul-de-sac.  Only one way out....Past Me.  Come near mine and whoever it is will be waiting for the PCSD.  I can't guarantee what their condition will be though.  Sure hope they don't fall out of the truck!!!!!!!!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 06:37:50 PM »
I will pass the word on the pickup. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 06:47:50 PM »
I should reiterate I didn't see them take my dog It just seemed odd that two days after he came up missing that truck was driving slowly by my house looking guilty as hell. Can't tell you what I did J.B. will take it.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 11:53:07 PM »
I should reiterate I didn't see them take my dog It just seemed odd that two days after he came up missing that truck was driving slowly by my house looking guilty as hell. Can't tell you what I did J.B. will take it.

Take what the other two or three bang-bang's you have?

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 02:54:44 AM »
Mark,Mark,Mark.
Wouldnt it be more relaxing to just go gigging? Oh wait! Have you checked and seen if the gigs are still there? Don`t get them taken away also.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 05:24:30 AM »
I know I'll be watching for it. When I read your post, Mark, the truck sounded familiar. I saw a truck recently that struck me as odd because it had a huge empty dog cage in the pickup bed, but I don't remember what color it was or anything.

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 10:43:29 AM »
There were several little dogs stolen last month in Richland, all on the same weekend and all registered dogs.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 01:06:30 PM »
Just did a little target shooting J.B. don't get excited. I hope your looking for the low life Dog Nappers I sure would like to tell my 16 year old that J.B. and the boys found her dog and he's coming home.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline tj4sja

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 05:13:50 PM »
My husband and I lived in Trinity circle about a year and a half ago, and our  pit bull was stolen out of the cage in the back yard we looked everywhere for him and never did find him. Made a police report but did no good they just basicly laughed without laughing because of the breed I guess. We posted it on here checked the pound and in surrounding towns but never did find him,,He even had a microchip! So I wish you all the very best of luck in finding your animals!

retired1_us

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 05:34:12 PM »
There were several little dogs stolen last month in Richland, all on the same weekend and all registered dogs.

Thanks for the heads up on that.  Ours aren't left unattended for long when they are out, but it only takes a few minutes.  I do worry about the old dude we took back in though.  He's too friendly and unassuming most of the time.  We've been out there 17 years now and every couple years there's a rash of this.  We've lost a couple over the years.

I have seen a primer grey truck around locally - St Bob / Waynesville with a cage in back also.  It stuck in my mind because.....it just was odd.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 01:07:40 AM »
I had a thought about this while driving around today: Mark, you might be able to call USDA office and find out who is licensed as a buncher around here, and start checking out those routes. Also heard that there is a lab in St. James that buys animals.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2007, 01:21:11 AM »
Gosh, you all are scaring me.  My little Jo jo goes out to potty all the time by himself. 

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 01:44:37 AM »
I had a thought about this while driving around today: Mark, you might be able to call USDA office and find out who is licensed as a buncher around here, and start checking out those routes. Also heard that there is a lab in St. James that buys animals.

What??  How could something like this have gotten by me.  I've lived in St. James for 17 years, been in the pet retail business, bred some dogs, persians, know show people, kennels,  brokers, USDA inspector, when did this come about?   That is outrageous, if true!!
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 04:20:48 PM »
let them try to nap this dog

[attachment deleted by admin]
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 04:25:52 PM »
Nice dog Bob, Unfortunately mine probably licked um in the face and got in the truck.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 02:56:43 AM »
Yesterday I was at the vet having my dogs teeth cleaned and we talked about the dog nappers. The understanding there is that the nappers are stealing purebreds that hopefully aren't fixed then breeding them to sell the pups.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 04:49:50 AM »
I can't find anything on a lab in St. James, which doesn't prove or disprove a thing, but I ran across some interesting and shocking information while looking. There are 35 animal research labs in the state.

The University of Missouri acquires animals used in testing, but I couldn't find anything on where they're acquired from. One of their guidelines mentioned Sinclair laboratory specifically, which is near Columbia, and was the subject of a PETA undercover investigation that resulted in Iams pet food cancelling a contract with them.

This link below tells of a Class B dealer from Arkansas who obtained animals from Arkansas and Missouri. He lost his license when it was discovered that many of the 125+ animals he had were in dire need of veterinary care.

http://www.hsus.org/animals_in_research/animals_in_research_news/animal_dealer_loses_license_and_pays_record_fine.html

There are 10-15 Class B dealers in the U.S., one in Missouri. (Some reports say there are ten, one said 15, and the map I found showed 16.) Of the 10 reported on one site, three are under investigation. Tried to find where the sites are, but couldn't. I found USDA complaints against two dealers but it didn't say if it was class A - who raise their own animals, or class B, the problematic kind. The link below describes how the USDA cannot adequately monitor Class B dealers.

http://www.hsus.org/web-files/PDF/ARI/B_Dealer_Fact_Sheet.pdf

This site allows you to ask your representative (although he'll probably see it here, :) ) to sponsor a bill that is intended to protect animals from bunchers and class b dealers.
https://community.hsus.org/campaign/FED_2007_pet_safety_protection

retired1_us

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 01:08:36 PM »
Yesterday I was at the vet having my dogs teeth cleaned and we talked about the dog nappers. The understanding there is that the nappers are stealing purebreds that hopefully aren't fixed then breeding them to sell the pups.

And that would make more sense than one might think.  Not that long ago I would have said.....no way.  Purebred dogs need AKC papers to be valuable to anyone.  The big craze in designer breeds has changed all of that.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2007, 01:24:08 PM »
Whoever it is their taking my purebreds  lab, poodle, shepherd, and most recent my black and white New Foundland. Guess that means their either breeding or selling them. Like most of you we love our dogs and consider them family members it amazes me what people will do for money like taking a dog away from a little girl who loved him to death.I hope their caught and put under the jail.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2007, 07:52:50 PM »
What are you gonna use the 38 that you can't get back on him if get 10 minutes alone with him. 

I've lost many dogs from my house, most recently a 160 lb. New Foundland (black and white) Today I saw a small gray pick-up with a large cage in the back driving slowly past my house. Has anyone else had this problem? I'll pay $200 cash for information leading to the return of my dog. $300 if I can have the guy alone for 10 minutes.

Michelle Joslin

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2007, 08:08:10 PM »
What are you gonna use the 38 that you can't get back on him if get 10 minutes alone with him. 

read that again and tell me if it makes any sense to you...