Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dog Nappers  (Read 42649 times)

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
Re: Dog Nappers
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »

Share/Bookmark

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2009, 03:20:32 AM »
Two more of my dogs have been taken!
Mark, put up a motion light or something. Do your dogs bark when other people come around? This is just crazy. Something has to be done. Maybe a gamecam so you can get pics of them at least.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2009, 03:38:22 AM »
My Little Guy had an electronic collar on (wireless fence) and he was taken in October...... I couldn't even go out in the day to look for him as the vespids were REALLY bad then.  He was the second chihuahua taken since 2005. 

Mark, I'm so sorry someone took your dogs.... had two taken myself, I know how you feel.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2009, 04:16:08 AM »
I don't really understand much about the wireless fences, but don't they have to break a certain plane to set them off? If a human jumped a foot, grabbed the dog, then jumped back, would it not be circumvented. And if a person has a small dog in hand what difference would the small shock make? I can't see that wireless fences would protect against dognappers. Maybe against your dog running off, but not dognappers. Someone has to be able to get a description of the people or the vehicle. That's why I mentioned motion lights and gamecams.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2009, 04:36:45 AM »
My wireless fence was set for just a small area in the back of my house as I have almost 7.5 acres and wouldn't allow him in the front section nor out in my woods.  The receiver is set to send a shock so that the dog knows his boundries (plus little flags for training).  It means someone had to come on my property (I'm set back off the road) to grab him.  I now have more security measures installed, to include motion sensor lights.  My Little Guy was taken during the day, so the lights wouldn't have done any good.  I had just let him out to go potty... became busy for maybe an hour, and he was gone.

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2009, 02:43:15 PM »
I am wondering if a new market for dogs has opened up. I had a neighbor come to my house looking for a husky that had went missing. This dog had been turned out and just disappeared. Back in the seventies people were stealing dogs to send to a place for medical purposes. Is this something that is back? There are too many dogs coming up missing for there not to be a reason for stealing them. It has to be a money driven thing.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
One time a lady took my dog (which had a collar and rabies tag) and went driving all around the area...Newburg, Duke, Flat, Edgar Springs, etc. looking for his owner!!  She was new to the area and thought he was lost..she actually took him from our property!  Finally, she called the vet and gave him the rabies tag number and the vet called me.  By the time I got the call, my dog was laying on the couch by my side.  He sure had an exciting day.  But seriously, sometimes my dogs will lose their collars when hunting in the woods.  I think people need to not pick dogs up and take them as they may belong right near where they are. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »
 I keep hearing about some place that buys stolen dogs to do medical experiments on them. I wish I had some information on this place.  P.S. How much jail time would a guy get for knocking out some freak that knowingly buys stolen pets?
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 02, 2009, 03:33:57 PM »
I know this isn't going to be popular, but isn't the solution to this simply not to let dogs outside?

Most of us don't let our kids play outside by themselves without adult or older teenager supervision (and those who do risk being called to account by the MPs on post or civilian police off-post) so why would we let dogs and cats run around without human supervision?

I'm from an urban area where I would never have dared to let our dogs outside, except "to do their business" with us watching at all times, or on a leash with us at their side.

I'm not talking about little dogs, either. I grew up with German Shepherds. My father and mother were both dog people and since my father was gone virtually all the time for political events during election years and even during non-election years only came back from the state capital on weekends, he believed my mother and I needed protection. I have no doubt that the three large and very territorial shepherds I grew up with (Krista, Otto and Darth) were perfectly capable of defending us a lot better than we could defend ourselves. My memories of this are fuzzy because I was still very young, but Otto one time got out of the house on his own during the day without our knowledge, and after weeks of driving around the area hunting for him, my mother discovered Otto had been taken by somebody who lived maybe a half-mile away. They must have treated Otto badly -- the minute my mother called "Otto, come here!" Otto broke free of his new "owner's" leash, ran to my mother's car and jumped in, at which point she drove out of there ASAP with some angry people yelling at her. Of course, all dogs in the city limits had to be collared, tagged and licensed, so there was no excuse for the people taking Otto -- all they would have had to do was to call the city to identify the proper owners listed with the license code on Otto's collar dog tags.

There are really bad people out there, and I just don't think it's safe anymore to let pets outside, even if they are properly collared and licensed. We can talk all we want about what should or shouldn't be, but the simple fact is dogs are being stolen and if we want to keep our dogs, we probably have to keep them inside our homes.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 02, 2009, 03:48:03 PM »
 I have 11 acres on the river with no neighbors for a mile in any direction. The neighbors I do have love my dogs and would not hurt them. One of the reasons I bought this property is so my animals could have room to roam and play and enjoy life on the river with me. I think we should stop the thieves and not have alter our lifestyle out of fear of them. If I catch them they will wish it had been the cops.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 02, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »
U of M in Columbia buys dogs for medical work.  They check for chips, but I think that's about it.  You can call.  I don't think they buy from just any joe schmoe off the street.  I caught a guy trying to put my neighbor's dogs in his car and I yelled at him.  He said he thought they were strays.  I told him I didn't think he lived around here so he needs to move on.  Unfortunately, I didn't get his license no.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2009, 03:54:12 PM »
 I need a GPS chip or something cool so I can catch these freaks.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »
I don't think that you can logically keep dogs in the house all of the time. I have my dogs either penned or on a chain and I hate to do this as dogs should be able to run free. However, I do not want someone to steal my dogs. If someone wants my dogs all they have to so is ask if they can have them and if they take good care of them I will give them away. I live on a gravel road and have had several dogs just go away for lack of a better word. On KK highway out of Crocker I saw a reward sign for finding dogs. Again, I say taht this is happening way too frequently for the dogs to just be running away.

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2009, 07:26:06 PM »
those dogs that i wrote about lived on KK...the showed back up after being taken home by there master,  seems they ejoyed there vacation and wanted more.  they brought the beagle this time too!   Seems they are going to have to be pen'd or put on a chain for a bit just to keep them from running off. 

Offline CriTTer

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:18 PM »
there was a operation years ago on the bluffs of 17 highway that sold dogs for research, they took the dogs to minnesota. they were shut down and i believe at the time the operation moved to somewheres in miller county. I have not heard, or know af any other type of operation similar to theres in this area since then.  as far as i know they have not operated in years

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: February 02, 2009, 07:33:37 PM »
those dogs that i wrote about lived on KK...the showed back up after being taken home by there master,  seems they ejoyed there vacation and wanted more.  they brought the beagle this time too!   Seems they are going to have to be pen'd or put on a chain for a bit just to keep them from running off.
Dang nab it CriTTer now they are going to tell all their friends where you live.......... so you better stock up on
dog chow.
Mine like the kind with cheese bits in it ;D   :th_gen129:

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 02, 2009, 07:35:41 PM »
 These last two dogs of mine came home almost everyday for two years. They know this is where they eat and get loving.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 02, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »
there was a operation years ago on the bluffs of 17 highway that sold dogs for research, they took the dogs to minnesota. they were shut down and i believe at the time the operation moved to somewheres in miller county. I have not heard, or know af any other type of operation similar to theres in this area since then.
I wish I could find out more about this B.S.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 02, 2009, 08:06:40 PM »
These last two dogs of mine came home almost everyday for two years. They know this is where they eat and get loving.
Almost everyday, huh? You sure sound like a responsible dog lover to me. Where did they get the loving on those "almost" days? And by the way, are they neutered? Just how responsible of a dog lover are you? Dogs are very territorial and the ones that know where they belong usually hang around close enough to defend their territory. Why are yours not hanging around protecting their food and "loving"? I have 22 acres and my (neutered) dogs stay within sight of the house. No pens and no chains, but they stick close.

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 02, 2009, 08:19:48 PM »
Critter, I remember that place and a lot of animals went there. They had no fear of buying stolen dogs.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 02, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »
Almost everyday, huh? You sure sound like a responsible dog lover to me. Where did they get the loving on those "almost" days? And by the way, are they neutered? Just how responsible of a dog lover are you? Dogs are very territorial and the ones that know where they belong usually hang around close enough to defend their territory. Why are yours not hanging around protecting their food and "loving"? I have 22 acres and my (neutered) dogs stay within sight of the house. No pens and no chains, but they stick close.
My dogs aren't hanging around because some assh##e stole them. I hope they  take yours next. I also hope you have been neutered so you can't have any kids with your attitude! If you haven't been I can take care of that for you.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2009, 12:22:38 AM »
My dogs aren't hanging around because some assh##e stole them. I hope they  take yours next. I also hope you have been neutered so you can't have any kids with your attitude! If you haven't been I can take care of that for you.
How christlike of you, mark. Do you ever wonder what would jesus do before you shoot off your mouth? "some assh##e" might not have stolen them if they had been on your porch instead of running all over the country. If you have 11 acres, I guess you taught you dogs exactly where the property line is? Smart dogs.

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2009, 12:26:18 AM »
Cowpoke, I have a headstrong (or dumb) dog that will run forever if she gets loose. She puts her nose to the ground and follows where ever whatever smell will lead her. She will come home eventually, but my valley has so much grown in population that we can't let her do that. I have to keep her fenced, and I hate it.But she loves us and we love her. It's not that we don't take care of her.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2009, 12:55:04 AM »
How christlike of you, mark. Do you ever wonder what would jesus do before you shoot off your mouth? "some assh##e" might not have stolen them if they had been on your porch instead of running all over the country. If you have 11 acres, I guess you taught you dogs exactly where the property line is? Smart dogs.
They stayed on the porch most of the time. Do you ever wonder if someone will knock your teeth out when you shoot off your mouth? (correction: Tooth)
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2009, 05:34:58 AM »
Mark, I don't think threatening someone is a bright thing to do.... To wish that someone's dog is stolen is horrible!  Many people feel their pets are a part of their own family.  You stated it yourself that your last two dogs came home "almost" everyday which means there were days they didn't come home.  I didn't allow my dog to roam, because I didn't want my dog disturbing other people, messing on their property, ripping up trash, taking off with other dogs, etc. 
It's possible that your dogs were stolen, it's possible that someone found your dogs roaming around free and thought they were strays, it's possible they could have been killed by either other dogs, coyotes, or another larger animal.....If your dogs were restrained in some manner, and no way they could have roamed off, then I would say they were stolen.  No offense, but you can't say positively they were stolen.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2009, 05:40:03 AM »
They stayed on the porch most of the time. Do you ever wonder if someone will knock your teeth out when you shoot off your mouth? (correction: Tooth)
You really crossed the line with posts like the last two....  Oldcowpoke wasn't threatening in anyway, simply asked if you were being a good Christian with your words...... I have to say, you are not being a good example of what I've known of good Christians.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2009, 11:29:17 AM »
To tell me I didn't love my dogs, and say I'm shooting my mouth off. Warranted my response!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2009, 11:32:35 AM »
Mark, I don't think threatening someone is a bright thing to do.... To wish that someone's dog is stolen is horrible!  Many people feel their pets are a part of their own family.  You stated it yourself that your last two dogs came home "almost" everyday which means there were days they didn't come home.  I didn't allow my dog to roam, because I didn't want my dog disturbing other people, messing on their property, ripping up trash, taking off with other dogs, etc. 
It's possible that your dogs were stolen, it's possible that someone found your dogs roaming around free and thought they were strays, it's possible they could have been killed by either other dogs, coyotes, or another larger animal.....If your dogs were restrained in some manner, and no way they could have roamed off, then I would say they were stolen.  No offense, but you can't say positively they were stolen.
Since you never met my dogs, your assumtions are futile at best.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »
I wouldn't want someone shooting off their mouth about my dogs either, when they don't even know how it is.

To tell me I didn't love my dogs, and say I'm shooting my mouth off. Warranted my response!

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2009, 01:38:03 PM »

Sounded like he was being the ass to me, not Mark. I keep my dogs penned and I hate it, if I have to say something is cruel it is penning them up.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"