Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dog Nappers  (Read 42617 times)

Offline lioness

• View Profile
Re: Dog Nappers
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2007, 09:11:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Yes he complains all the time about not getting his 38 back from the the crooked sheriffs department adn he wants 10 minutes alone with the guy.  So yes it makes perfect sense to me Kristy
read that again and tell me if it makes any sense to you...
Michelle Joslin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2007, 09:18:36 PM »
And that would make more sense than one might think.  Not that long ago I would have said.....no way.  Purebred dogs need AKC papers to be valuable to anyone.  The big craze in designer breeds has changed all of that.

There are other registries that do not require DNA testing of male breeding stock,  such as APRI, UABA, ACA. and others.  These are good registries, but the paperwork is only as good as the person filling them out. 
It is very easy to switch papers from one dog to another.
It is easy to breed two females, one registered and one not. File your litter registration with the puppy count of both litters.  Voila - all your puppies have papers.  Loose a dog?  Just find another similar in color, you already have papers.  Or just breed the stolen dog and sell the puppies without papers.
 Designer dogs can be registered in the new registry set up for designer dogs.  However, the parents are supposed to be registered purebreds to qualify. But even unregistered, many designer dogs are being sold at higher prices than the purebred breeds behind them. 
But switching paperwork is probably the most prevalent thing that has been going on.

Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2007, 09:59:25 PM »
So who sells purebreds around here and how would you find out what breeds they're offering?
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2007, 10:04:30 PM »
Rollanet?   I have never seen so many puppies and dogs for sale on any one site, ever.  It boggles the mind.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
By the way, I will have registered Cocker Spaniel puppies ready for sale mid-December.  ( I promise the papers are authentic)
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »
Lioness because I said I would like 10 minutes alone with the guy that stole my dog you think I want to commit murder with my 38. sounds like the same logic J.B. used when he took it.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2007, 11:50:04 PM »
There is a lady by Jiffy Lube that has multiple litters for different breeds. she is there almost every day. Saw her there this evening.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2007, 12:03:10 AM »
Lioness because I said I would like 10 minutes alone with the guy that stole my dog you think I want to commit murder with my 38. sounds like the same logic J.B. used when he took it.

Read her other posts, she has issues
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2007, 02:03:35 AM »
So who sells purebreds around here and how would you find out what breeds they're offering?

We have a Boston Terrier and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel that we breed and sell pups once a year.  All have the proper papers and guarantees.  Pulaski County Vet is where we go.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 02:05:58 AM »
Take what comes from HSUS with a grain of salt.  Think Domestic Terrorism. Their goal is to take all your beef, pork and chicken off your dining room table.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2007, 02:14:52 AM »
that's for sure
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

retired1_us

« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2007, 02:33:11 AM »
There are other registries that do not require DNA testing of male breeding stock,  such as APRI, UABA, ACA. and others.  These are good registries, but the paperwork is only as good as the person filling them out. 
It is very easy to switch papers from one dog to another.
It is easy to breed two females, one registered and one not. File your litter registration with the puppy count of both litters.  Voila - all your puppies have papers.  Loose a dog?  Just find another similar in color, you already have papers.  Or just breed the stolen dog and sell the puppies without papers.
 Designer dogs can be registered in the new registry set up for designer dogs.  However, the parents are supposed to be registered purebreds to qualify. But even unregistered, many designer dogs are being sold at higher prices than the purebred breeds behind them. 
But switching paperwork is probably the most prevalent thing that has been going on.

Yeah, it's kinda sick and sad.  And I would imagine there are a few enterprising counterfeiters filling in some gaps with paperwork.  What does the average person really know about those things to begin with?  I've got papers.....SEE?

The worst part of it is the profits on resale are no doubt supporting someones habits - bad habits.

I just hope this episode comes to an end quickly and the perps are put where they belong.

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2007, 03:32:54 AM »
Okie I have problems because I speak my mind and what I believe in, I was just giving Mark a hard time because he brings the gun up all the damn time and then posted that.  I actually agree with him about it, any person steal another mans dog should be beat down as many people including myself feel our dogs are part of our family. 
Michelle Joslin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2007, 03:33:43 AM »
Just like everything else you spend money on, and with pets this is even more important, and I have said this before. Educate yourself, research the breed, know the standard, know what the temperment is supposed to be like, ask a trusted Veterinarian, go to the breeder's home, and please don't buy something because you feel sorry for it and want to 'rescue' it from a bad environment.
As far as paperwork goes ask to see the paperwork on both parents of the puppy you want to buy.  That will eliminate some fraud.  Getting a pedigree with you puppy gives you a little more background info. too. Health certificates from the Veterinarian are nice pluses. These things cost the breeder more money but these little things tend to seperate the true dog lovers from the ones that are just in it for money.

Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2007, 06:15:08 AM »
There is a lady by Jiffy Lube that has multiple litters for different breeds. she is there almost every day. Saw her there this evening.

Interesting.

Offline 2manyhats2

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2007, 10:41:57 AM »
Kbohon,
 If you were to be looking for a registered puppy, I would bet that if you mentioned a breed, then someone on here would know where to direct you. Personally I got tired of AKC and stopped sending papers in, we love our little ones and it didn't matter to us. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2007, 11:32:32 AM »
I have never worried about papers I just love my animals but if I've been contributing to some theft ring (unwittingly) by not getting papers then I'll do so. I think my daughter and I have decided to get a small indoor dog next a tea cup poodle maybe. I'm still hopeful that with everyone looking we can find my very large, black and white, New Foundland. His name is BAM.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2007, 05:33:07 PM »
Okay Mark..  I don't mean to come off as a know it all, but I have a word of warning for you.
We hear the name 'tea-cup' attached to breeds for decades.  In reality this designation isn't a size any registry has.  Please beware of breeders using this term.  I won't go so far as say these miniscule animals come from breeding runts, but that happens.  These itty bitty guys will have a much greater chance of health issues and shorter life spans.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

retired1_us

« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2007, 05:44:39 PM »
Mark - If you are looking for small - we got a Chorkie (Chihuhua / Yorkie) a couple months back.  She is something else.  I'll try to get a pic up....someone in Lebanon has them.

Are you familiar with the mix July?

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2007, 05:47:22 PM »
Not up close and personal.  Sounds adorable.  Got a pic?
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

retired1_us

« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2007, 06:39:43 PM »
Not up close and personal.  Sounds adorable.  Got a pic?

I'll have to put it up later this evening from home.  I'm a guy, so I'm not good with adorable....but she is cute as a June Bug ;)

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2007, 08:12:22 PM »
 Don't even have to wait for my daughter to get off the bus to ask her, if its small and cute she loves it!
~Teilhard de Chardin

retired1_us

« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2007, 02:15:57 AM »
OK - I tried to upload here but failed - she is in try again, same thread.......Chorkie  Chihuahua / Yorkie

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2007, 03:06:20 AM »
Ok, I said I'd watch for that truck, and have learned a lot of unpleasant stuff since reading this thread, so I might be a little paranoid, but I ran across something strange tonight and sought julymorning's advice before posting since she's so well informed on the subject.

Stopped at a gas station in St. Rob around 8:45 tonight and saw a silver truck with 6 chrome cages on it. Nothing identified it as belonging to a pound, humane society, or business. It was a large pickup, like an F250 or Avalanche (but wasn't an Avalanche) and was very showy.

There was one dog in a cage. The guy came out as I was going inside and was still there as I was returning to my truck. (He was putting beer and soda into an ice chest strapped at the back of the truck.) I approached him and asked, "What kind of truck is this?"

He misunderstood and said, "They're German Shorthair Pointers." The dog I saw looked more like a bronze spaniel, and I put my hand up at the cage door when I said in a surprised tone, "This doesn't look like a German shorthair pointer?" She had sniffed my hand and barked softly a couple times, backing into the cage.

He said, "Oh, I forgot there's still one in there. The pointers are at the hotel." I asked her name, and he replied, "Lola." The dog didn't move her head at hearing her name. The guy never looked me in the eye and seemed very curt, so I told him goodnight and left, but took his license plate number (CA) 8J02319.

I asked julymorning about it and she said it was unlikely to be someone who shows dogs or breeds dogs because of the type of vehicle it was, and she asked if the cages were exposed to the elements (yes). I might mention that there were six cages on the bed, and they were small. This dog was unable to stand or sit in the cage.

Does anyone know if something should be done and what, if anything?

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2007, 03:29:33 AM »
Actually I said show people transport their dogs enclosed, generally  for temp control, no exposure to the elements,  and since this truck had California plates, they most definately would have the kennels enclosed.  I didn't say breeders, I said brokers use vans and would only be carrying puppies.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2007, 03:32:06 AM »
It is possible the guy is here for bird hunting? Maybe?  But I feel for the housekeeper in that motel if he really does have pointers in the room while he's out buying beer.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2007, 03:34:53 AM »
The one dog that was in it was definitely NOT a puppy. I'd say she probably weighed in around 75-80 pounds, since she was thicker than my dog but similar size-wise.

I have NO idea if he might be here for hunting, though I didn't see any gun racks or any way to carry anything other than dogs. I mostly found it strange that he "forgot" that one dog was in the truck, that he said "they" were German Shorthair Pointers when he thought I asked what kind of dogs, and then "remembered" the pointers were at the motel, despite not having remembered that he had this other dog in there, at night, exposed to the cold wind while he's driving. And with California license plates, and no business or organization name on the truck - this was not a truck that the average person drives around town in.)

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2007, 03:43:38 AM »
If I lived closer I'd say lets go cruisin for a couple of trucks to tail.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2007, 03:46:46 AM »
That could be a LOOONNNNGGG drive!

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2007, 04:37:01 AM »
LOL, I'm not suggesting we follow it back to Cal.  Just cruise the Motels in the area.   Hm.  Maybe not.   THAT would look suspicous.  Who would come bail US out?
Hey, it's just me, Suzi