Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Dog Nappers  (Read 42769 times)

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
Re: Dog Nappers
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2007, 04:40:43 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Speaking of dogs, mine dug out of the fence again today and it appears someone has picked him up because he hasn't come to the front door and it has been HOURS! He's never gone this long unless someone rescues him from the streets, so if you know anyone near Sweetwater BBQ who has found a lab, please please please have them call me at 528.7751.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2007, 05:05:15 AM »
Aw geez kat, not YOU TOO!
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2007, 01:20:28 PM »
Have you found him yet? What color is he?
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2007, 04:21:31 PM »
He's a medium sized black lab, weighs 65 pounds, has a white spot on chest. Answers to the name "Frisbee." He's about 12 years old but you'd never guess it, although he has white hairs sprouting around his muzzle now. He wasn't stolen, I'm sure, but sometimes he gets out and people take him in because he's so friendly. When he escapes the yard, he runs around the neighborhood for 20 minutes and comes back usually. If he doesn't, I know someone has picked him up. I'll be calling the local vets today to let them know that my microchip address is out of date but I am local.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2007, 05:16:19 PM »
I was just reading a regular column that appears in the Steelville star and the writer spoke of a dog fighting ring that was recently broke up in Stoddard County(where ever that is).  Anyway, one of the dogs picked up was a beagle, he mentions  was more than likely used for a bait dog.
Then he goes on to say that these people are known to steal pet dogs or pay someone else to steal them, to use for bait dogs because they are less likely to put up much of a fight against the fighting dog in training.
He says that if you have lost a family pet, it might have ended up as bait.

Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2007, 05:59:43 PM »
Stoddard County is down towards the bootheel.  Bloomfield is the county seat.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2007, 12:24:50 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if we could cage the "Nappers" and take turns training with them my left hook is a little weak but I'm sure that a week or so of practice I could get it back.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2007, 05:27:47 AM »
No left hook needed- - Just put them in their own cages in the back of the open pick up and drive them up and down the interstate at 80mph for the time it would take to get back to CA.  I think they'd get the message.  Being unable to sit,stand,lie comforbably, not get away from own waste -- a taste of their own medicine.
Wouldn't it be cool if we could cage the "Nappers" and take turns training with them my left hook is a little weak but I'm sure that a week or so of practice I could get it back.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2007, 06:20:50 AM »
Oooooh, great idea, Eeyore.
K, making any inroads on the sign idea?  And did your pooch show up yet?  I hope so.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »
Pooch didn't show up yet. Called local vets to put out notice, will make signs if he's not back to me by tomorrow.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »
I am not unnice to Jehovah's Witnesses.  I look outside to see who is there.  Of course so do my dogs.  Then I answer the door in my underwear.  Trust me, not a pretty sight. :)) They generally leave when I ask them what they need.  Now as to dog nappers, well, mine don't go out unattended.  I still haven't seen any suspicious vehicles yet.  Just their good luck I guess. :)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 09, 2007, 02:55:36 AM »
Well it appears I have been out of the loop for some time here now. Catching up on what has been happening out there. Have to tell you, the only item I came across was a box truck with temperature controlled kennels inside. This seemed unusual to me, so I stopped and inquired to their business. It seems that has long has you are transporting dogs within the state, you do not have to have any health certificates, only when you take them out of state.  All the dognapping is news to me, no ones fault but my own. I will put the information out for all other deputy's to keep their eye's open for strange vehicles with cages. Doesn't hurt to identify individuals. I apologize for not keeping track of what is happening with this category.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 09, 2007, 03:05:52 AM »
THAT truck sound legit.  Temp control - Yea!! I doubt if dog nappers would bother, but ya never know anymore.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2007, 09:43:31 PM »
Phoenix any luck in breaking the case?
~Teilhard de Chardin

retired1_us

« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2007, 10:19:27 PM »
Phoenix any luck in breaking the case?

Hey, were you possibly interested in the Chorkies?  You mentioned your daughter liking small dogs.  Anyway, they have more.

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 14, 2007, 10:54:06 PM »
Are they yappy and loud?
~Teilhard de Chardin

retired1_us

« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2007, 02:19:44 AM »
Are they yappy and loud?

Sometimes yappy but not necessarilly loud.  'Course mine is a female :)

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2007, 01:36:34 PM »
The school bus driver told me this has been going on for a long time and they are being sold in Columbia Mo. for testing purposes. She said they take every loose dog they can find and then some on a regular basis!
~Teilhard de Chardin

WindblownLilac

« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »
Too bad no one knows where they sell them to, all of us that have lost dogs could drive up there and storm the place.  It makes me mad thinking my fuzzy babies might be getting tortured somewhere. 

Offline mark

• Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2007, 02:09:35 PM »
Somebody knows!
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »
Don't forget my sign idea, people.  Make one yourself with paint and plywood if you have too.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2007, 01:55:23 AM »
The school bus driver told me this has been going on for a long time and they are being sold in Columbia Mo. for testing purposes. She said they take every loose dog they can find and then some on a regular basis!

That's the "bunchers" I mentioned earlier. Does she know the name of who collects them? You could also contact the USDA about who their Class B dealers are and then contact them to find out who they buy from, if you can get them to cooperate.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 18, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »
They will always cooperate if approached properly.  Tell me who they are and I will approach them properly in the only way they understand.  Be glad to help.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2007, 04:34:12 AM »
The place in Columbia that accepts them is through the University of Missouri.

Offline angelblueeyes

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2007, 09:38:33 PM »
I also had a small black lab taken from us. And we live on AB Hwy. We know someone took her, because she always ran with our other little dog sandy. Sandy came back, but shadow did not. Love that little girl.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 26, 2007, 05:02:11 AM »
what hurt us the most was a few years back was when my brother bought a beagle pup for my son for christmas and while we left one day someone came to our home and stole her right off her chain
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline dixonbob

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2008, 04:06:54 AM »
Teen charged in bizarre missing dog case By KATHY MATHESON, Associated Press Writer 6 minutes ago A telephone call at midnight normally would have awoken Bill Whiting, but he hadn't been sleeping much since his dog disappeared. He picked up the phone and couldn't believe what he heard.
Children were demanding $600 or else they would kill Edna, his beloved beagle mix. Whiting listened in horror to what sounded like the jingle of Edna's collar, and an animal yelping in pain. He agreed to pay the ransom.
"You don't understand, mister," a boy replied. "I want to kill your dog anyway."
What happened to Edna remains a mystery, but Philadelphia police have charged a 15-year-old with harassment, terroristic threats, theft by extortion and other counts for allegedly calling Whiting. Police have yet to find the dog.
Authorities gave no immediate explanation for how they traced the call.
"I've had tears today a couple of times. I don't see any happy news in this," a heartbroken Whiting said Friday. "I don't have a dog coming back, apparently." He also said he believes at least two children were involved.
Edna had been Whiting's constant companion for more than 10 years. The 57-year-old employee of the University of Pennsylvania's archaeology museum described Edna as a gentle dog that loved children and had been a therapy animal at nursing homes and hospitals.
Edna vanished on Halloween, after Whiting and the dog walked from his home in Philadelphia to a friend's house. Whiting thinks she slipped out into the unfamiliar neighborhood while the door was open for trick-or-treaters.
Frantic, he looked for hours, then printed up "Missing Dog" posters and plastered them around the neighborhood. The posters contained his cell phone number and offered a $500 reward.
Ten days after the dog disappeared, Whiting received the midnight call on his cell phone from a youth who demanded $600. Then a younger boy got on the phone and apparently began abusing an animal.
Whiting said he didn't recognize the yelps, since he had never heard Edna hurt before, but detected the sound of her collar, which had numerous tags and "jangled like a charm bracelet."
He begged them not to hurt the dog, and simultaneously dialed police from his land line.
Whiting went to a police station in the middle of the night to make a report. When he returned home a few hours later, his land line rang almost immediately. "We killed your dog," the voice said. "It's dead."
Whiting began to believe the children really did have Edna, since the land line phone number was only on the dog's tags, not the poster.
"I became hysterical," he said. "I started to tremble."
Police worked for weeks on tracing the calls, whose numbers came up as unavailable on Whiting's Caller ID. Publicity led to an outpouring of support for Whiting and rage against the perpetrators; rewards were offered by animal advocacy groups.
On Dec. 30, police arrested the 15-year-old, who was released to his family for a hearing Jan. 31.
FOUND the ignore button. Ha Ha

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »
MAN! This stuff is terrible and scarey!! Now I am going to have to watch my dog and he is on a leash when he is let out but still scarey!!!
how can they do this to these animals? and I have heard about the dog fighting crap!! It is horrible!! why would people do this? It just infuriates me!!
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2008, 04:49:17 PM »
I agree with Showme. It's horrible. Too bad the kid can't be punished the way the dog apparently was.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2008, 10:24:45 AM »
there have been three dogs stolen from the seven hills area, two pit bulls and a boxer.  someone is stealing these dogs and it would help alot if people really started looking for them.  if you look on rollanet.org there are a lot of dogs missing, if we all look, maybe someone will know something, and we can stop these people.