Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh  (Read 9386 times)

Offline just_me

• View Profile
Re: A Dying God Coming Into Human Flesh
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2007, 05:35:06 PM »
But it was ok with you if it had said "no where." (?)  Still propoganda.
I don't wonder why someone believes and I don't. I feel no guilt for not believeing.

One of my kids got a small business card type piece of paper during trick or treating and it said "IQ Test" and below that it had: GODISNOWHERE. I read that as GOD IS NO WHERE. It was supposed to have read GOD IS NOW HERE. Kind of torks me that someone gave my child religious propaganda (yes that is how I take it). My children's religious preferences are their own.

....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2007, 05:54:20 PM »
But it was ok with you if it had said "no where." (?)  Still propoganda.
Yes it would have still bothered me if it had intended to say NO WHERE because I want my kids to make their own religious journeys. I dont want to be what they would later consider a bad influence because of my beliefs. To me, beliefs are individual not collective. So even if NO WHERE would have been the intent, it would still be propaganda to me.

retired1_us

« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2007, 05:57:55 PM »
One interesting underlying thread nobody has touched on, and may make sense to you just_me.  All believers are given the charge of spreading the word.  The more grass roots fundamental groups take that fairly serious.  There is no middle ground, I have to hold it and tell everyone all about it.  The more traditional groups such as Catholics, Lutherans, etc....aren't as concerned with the dogmatic approach as they are in the practical application.

And there is another caveat - the fundamental side take a more literal stand on the second coming fo Christ.  Essentially, the bible says he won't return until every ear on the planet has heard the gospel.  Which proves problematic for those intent on seeing it, and of course their rewards and place in heaven.  Hence the dogma.

Food for thought - the theory of evolution doesn't say we started as x and will end as y.  It is merely an observation of what one man considered being possible.

Mankind had gods long before Moses existed.  I have mentioned before I am not a fan of carbon dating.  I do feel we have a handle on other parts of science rather well.  Archaeology being one of them.  Core samples, tracking historical writings, weather patterns, etc, etc.  We have put a lot more together on these things in the past 100 years than could have been imagined.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:15 PM »
It really irks me when people say that their kids should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding religion.  At what age would this be, pray tell?  That's what my son-in-law said when my grandson was a few months old and I wanted to take him to Mass with me.  So he gets NO religious or non religious training in his whole young life and at some point will be making this so-called informed decision without having ever had information.  What a crock.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2007, 06:04:34 PM »
I see where you are coming from retired1_us

There is more than one possibility of how we became and what happened. No of us are ever going to know those answers and people will never fully agree on how it all happened.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
It really irks me when people say that their kids should be allowed to make their own decisions regarding religion.  At what age would this be, pray tell?  That's what my son-in-law said when my grandson was a few months old and I wanted to take him to Mass with me.  So he gets NO religious or non religious training in his whole young life and at some point will be making this so-called informed decision without having ever had information.  What a crock.
What was your grandson going to get out of mass at a few months of age?? Taking your grandson to mass would make you feel better. Is your grandson going to turn out "bad" because he didn't go to mass with you? We have bibles in our house. My kids ask me and my husband questions. We (yes myself included) give them honest answers about religion. I do not tell them go ask someone else because I just dont believe. It is my job to teach and inform my children and I do the best that I can with info from the bible and other sources. This gives them the opportunity to make an informed decision and not follow something blindly. They have gone to church, bible study and gone to activities at church with friends. My kids are old enough to weigh their own options and make their own choices about religion.

retired1_us

« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2007, 06:23:22 PM »

I agree with you on that for sure.  Children should be given every opportunity to learn, explore and most importantly be taught to make informed decisions on their own.  Sorry to hear of that situation.  Not saying much for the land of the free.  And the child will struggle with that more than necessary somewhere down the road.

My personal beliefs are all over this board.  All of our children were introduced to either believing or not -i.e. Sunday school, church, etc.  They are all grown now and have varying degrees of belief an non belief.  That is what makes this country great.  I hate to use this example (because it is so "today") but look at Islam for what it is - not just the fringe elements on either side.  It too is an absolute religion.  And it too is based on a book.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »
And what would it have hurt to take him?  Would he get the calling to become a priest?  I doubt it.  He would have only heard song and joyful music and givers of peace.  That's all.

What was your grandson going to get out of mass at a few months of age?? Taking your grandson to mass would make you feel better. Is your grandson going to turn out "bad" because he didn't go to mass with you?

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2007, 07:09:45 PM »
And what would it have hurt to take him?  Would he get the calling to become a priest?  I doubt it.  He would have only heard song and joyful music and givers of peace.  That's all.

Right on!! That is a side I didn not see   :{:{:

Offline Kitty Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »
Digital Nacosis I KNOW YOU!! And deep in your heart you "R" a believer... so what's up with all this???

Some things simply are mysteries. No amount of investigation or scholarship can provide verification for what is most life-giving to humans. Things like faith, hope and love cannot be proven by scientific or intellectual inquiry. They are true because we know them to be true in our heart even though there is no outward confirmation of their truth. When, however we are in a place of uneasiness or fear, the very things we intuitively know to be true seem suddenly ephemeral.

We begin to wonder if we have been wrong, if we have misjudged our intuition, if God really is nothing more than a hopeful image weíve created for ourselves in our minds. But then, in the flash of an instant we feel a warmth in our soul, or view a sunrise that halts our breath, or experience love full and free and we know the Holy One has glanced our way. No external proof tells usówe know it in the deep of our being.

Offline $BillsBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2007, 12:46:22 AM »
Again, it goes back to faith. If you choose to believe that God made that beautiful sunrise then you have faith that there is a God. If you believe that same sunrise is the work of nature and nothing more than circumstances being right here and there, then you have faith in science. Retired made a good point, God's existed in human minds before churches were established and people tried to put a name to the things they saw everyday. God's personified things which defied explaination.
Have A Random Day!:D