Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Halloween and Satan  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Halloween and Satan
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Its that time of year again... this usually happens EVERY year on the message boards... so... lets start it up again... it wouldn't be Halloween without some good old biblical preaching about how evil a holiday it is!!!

So... in honor of Halloween...

Check out this video:
[youtube=425,350]JFS0gDXsgsA[/youtube]

Ok, that one was a bit of a joke... I think.

Here is a REAL ONE this time:
Pt.1

[youtube=425,350]7ypaYJyRTRE[/youtube]

Pt.2

[youtube=425,350]kUjg1xJEiTA[/youtube]
Pt.3

[youtube=425,350]CRW3wNX45EQ[/youtube]
[/center]

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Halloween and Satan
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »
Here is a weird one I found:

[youtube=425,350]a1P9mbxMe2g[/youtube]

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 03:37:47 PM »
Propaganda.......one can always find something so support the point they want to make at the time LOL

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 07:55:05 AM »
Who's all about Halloween then?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 02:20:03 PM »
dentists and walmart

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 08:06:12 PM »
Who's all about Halloween then?

Halloween is awesome! It has migrated in to a great event for children. Too bad it is so commercialized.........and I think it has been taken out of context historically. Fear and lack of understanding of life and beliefs of the time have been distorted to support evil beliefs (paganism is not satanism). http://www.new-life.net/halowen1.htm

paganism =
Most modern Pagan sources interpret the word to have meant "rustic,"  "hick," or "country bumpkin" -- a pejorative term. The implication was that Christians used the term to ridicule country folk who tenaciously held on to what the Christians considered old-fashioned, outmoded Pagan beliefs. Those in the country were much slower in adopting the new religion of Christianity than were the city folks. They still followed the Greek state religion, Roman state religion, Mithraism, various mystery religions, etc., long after those in urban areas had converted.

Some believe that in the early Roman Empire, "paganus" came to mean "civilian" as opposed to "military." Christians often called themselves "miles Christi" (Soldiers of Christ). The non-Christians became "pagani" -- non-soldiers or civilians. No denigration would be implied.

C. Mohrmann suggests that the general meaning was any "outsider," -- a neutral term -- and that the other meanings, "civilian" and "hick," were merely specialized uses of the term.

Satanist = the term "Satanist" refers to anyone who sincerely describes himself as a worshiper of the Christian Devil, whatever he perceives that to mean. As we will see, what it does mean to the individual worshiper can vary drastically. Because many modern groups have picked up their practices from horror movies or fictional accounts of Black Masses, there is a great latitude among modern cults in both practice and belief.
On dictionary.reference.com I found the following definitions of "Satanism":
  • the worship of Satan or the powers of evil. a travesty of Christian rites in which Satan is worshiped. diabolical or satanic disposition, behavior, or activity.
Merriam-Webster online displays the following definitions:
  • innate wickedness : DIABOLISM obsession with or affinity for evil; specifically : the worship of Satan marked by the travesty of Christian rites
MSN Encarta defines "Satanism" as follows:
  • Satan worship:  the worship of Satan, especially as a parody of Christian rites.

Satanism can refer to a number of belief systems depending on the user and contexts. Common, but not precise, use of the word generally refers to "the worship of Satan or the powers of evil."[1]. However, in practice, Satanism is a general name for several distinct spiritual practices and beliefs: the three most significant seem to be LaVeyan Satanism, Theistic Satanism and Philosophical Satanism. But varieties of Satanism range from Philosophical Satanism (primarily atheistic) to the worship of an actual spiritual being (Theistic Satanism), which is rarely recognizable as the Christian devil (though some sects do worship the Biblical Satan, and may therefore be considered unusual variants of Christianity); from the practice of an ancient but misunderstood religion (e.g. Setianism associated with the Egyptian god Set who is conflated by some with the Biblical Satan), to the atheist[2] exaltation of hedonistic recreation and the celebration of self-interest and pleasure as rational practices. (wikipedia)

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 11:34:35 PM »
 It is still a pagan observance, with the devil in there too.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 01:38:55 AM »
Yes it is a pagan observance in origin but the devil isn't there. The "devil" is christian and the opposite of "god". There were no "devils" in pagan culture.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 03:10:23 PM »
the devil is christian?
anything that is in oppostion to God and Jesus , the devil is involved. his greatest weapon is deception.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2007, 05:45:17 PM »
the devil is christian?
anything that is in oppostion to God and Jesus , the devil is involved. his greatest weapon is deception.

The word devil is christian. It is a rough greek translation of a hebrew word meaning satan or diabolic. In english, it roughly translates to devil.

To believe in the devil and all of the deception and evils, I suppose you would have to believe in god first....

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 08:22:38 AM »
Or at least Christianities recycled idea of "God..."

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 11:41:22 AM »
When your nine I don't think your debating Christianity vrs satanism I just wanted to get more candy than my sister.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2007, 12:05:44 AM »
the devil is christian?
Didn't God create the devil when He cast Satan down?
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2007, 03:07:29 AM »
the devil,satan, what ever you want to call him, was created long before he was cast down. He had is own ideas and God being the Boss didn't agree and he was cast down. does the devil fit the description of a christian? have fun dn.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2007, 06:12:50 PM »
When your nine I don't think your debating Christianity vrs satanism I just wanted to get more candy than my sister.

hahahaha you are right LOL   ***(**&  good one!!