Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: SRPD patrol car number 106  (Read 14183 times)

Offline peon

• View Profile
SRPD patrol car number 106
« on: October 27, 2007, 06:14:38 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

i went to wal-mart tonight to pick up a friend from work.  my 16 year old son needs 4 more hours of night time driving to complete his paperwork for his license, so i had him drive.  while at wal-mart at the grocery door he stopped for a group of enlisted men who couldn't decide whether they were going to cross the walk to the parking lot or not.  st. bob pd pulled up behind us, and my son, being the new driver that he is, began to panic, and i told him, just pull off slowly so the gi's know you intend to go, then maybe they will either cross or not.  we pulled off, went down an aisle, then up another one, all the while being followed by this policeman.  this made my already nervous son almost hysterical.  i told him to calm down, he wasn't doing anything wrong, and that if he got more nervous, he would make a mistake, and that isn't what he needed to do.  my friend came out, and we went to the grocery door to pick her up.  the police officer went on.  my friend got in the truck, which takes a while because it is a taller truck, and she has problems with her legs.  by the time we exited the parking lot onto st. robert blvd. the cop was exiting right next to us out of the wendy's parking lot.  he turned right, and so did we, so now we were following him.  when we came to the end of st. robert blvd and turned onto route 66 (aka business loop 44) to the right, the police man did too.  but, he did not yield and did not use his turn signal.  we live in seven hills, so we had to turn on zegenbein road, and the cop was still in front of us.  he used his blinker to turn onto zegenbein, and then turned right on church street, not using his blinker again.  why is there a double standard?  this cop made my son a complete basket case worrying about what he could do wrong, and then doesn't even follow simple traffic laws himself.  i almost told my son, while the cop was following us through the parking lot, to pull over and let him come and talk to us, i have nothing to hide.  he has his permit, i am a cdl licensed driver, our plates and insurance are current, absolutely nothing to hide, but was afraid that this would further upset my son.  this was at 11 p.m. and since he was with his mother, he couldn't even have been considered to be breaking curfew, so wtf?  i would like an answer as to why this police man felt it necessary to follow us around the parking lot for as long as he did.  is it because we were being courteous and waiting for the enlisted men to make up their mind what they were going to do?  is it because my son is a young man?  is it because we were stopped at the stop sign for too long?  is it because we drive a nice truck, so therefore something must be amiss with a teenager driving it?  i would really like to know.  by the way, 3/4 of my son's friends parents have not required them to follow the letter of the law and fill out their driving experience log and actually take the time to teach their kids how to drive, which was the purpose of this law, instead of having to show this proof, my son's driver's ed teacher actually told him that he could just go to the license bureau and by my say so, not by the log that is supposed to be filled out, he could get his license.  this might be why we have young people having crashes and dying.  my son felt picked on by me because i make him do the log, but he found out why when a car packed with teenagers pulled out in front of us, nearly taking out the front of the truck, when we were on route 66, and they were coming out of dairy queen.  he was like "nobody ever told them that wasn't what they should do, huh?"  anyhow, i would like an answer as to why this happened.  the lighting in the wal-mart parking lot is such that anyone with eyes could see that (looking as old as i do, and i do) this was a teenage boy out with his mother, so the suspicion should have stopped there.  then, after running our plates, which must have been what he was doing while following us, seen that the truck was not stolen, properly licensed, etc, so the suspicion should have stopped there, but the police man was following us for way longer than all that took. 

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
Re: SRPD patrol car number 106
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 02:06:06 PM »
I think you need to contact the department and not be posting this here.  Nothing but ripping apart a good officer is going to happen by posting this. I do know they were looking for a vehicle last night and he was probably trying to confirm yours was not it.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 02:25:52 PM »
It also may have been coincidence, maybe they were looking for someone specific in the parking lot. It could be that Walmart security called in an incident in the parking lot and he was trying to catch someone else in the middle of something. I feel for your situation with a brand new driver and how hard it must have been to watch your son be so nervous but I say it was a good learning experience. Some time in his life an officer will get behind him again and he must learn that if he is not breaking the rules that he should be fine and the officer should have no reason to pull him over. I work on an ambulance and know many of the officers from all of the local police departments and I myself have had my plate ran by an officer and never been pulled over. When I call to ask why, it was because my car matched a description of a car that they were looking for. As far as the turn signals and the fact that the officer did not use them, all I have to say is that the person should have. However, if he was on his way to a call or looking for landmarks to meet a person it is very easy to get distracted and forget to use the turn signal. I really think you were angry at the situation and nit picking at that point.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 05:03:30 PM »
Personally I am never nervous or offended when the cops are behind me, because I know my rights.

I do, however, not like to be pulled over for some BS reason, that has happened several times. I am also more than willing to give them my opinion of the BS. LOL...  I think it's called Ahole Syndrome.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 05:10:03 PM »
Next time I get pulled over for failure to signal I'll tell them I was looking for a landmark -  the corner. >>>>> >>>>> &^&&(

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 06:05:01 PM »
well, taking into consideration your proposed situation, i talked to wal-mart security, there were no calls.  and i agree cowboy, if we have to use them, so should they.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
and, if he was on his way to a call then he was taking the long road, because according to my brother in law, a first responder who lives and dies by his scanner, there were none, but my plates were definitely run.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2007, 08:38:44 PM »
The cops can run my plates as much as they want.  They will get no wants or warrants.

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2007, 09:45:17 PM »
Peon Its obvious that your brother in law knows all that happens in this county and he not only monitors his channel but all channels (nosey people suck) and he probably monitors all the celll phone traffic that the officers use as well.  Have you ever though that the officer driving through the parking lot might have been looking for someones car that was supposed to be in wall mart and that he had recieved a tip about someone he was looking for,  and that person that he was looking for was supposedly in wal-mart.  After driving through wal-mart parking lot he was unable to locat esaid vehicle so he drove towards the house that they stay in (in seven hills) only to be phoned and said they had locate the said individual some where else.   

Now as far as not yielding, was there a car coming in his lane, if not he's not required to stop you know its a yied sign not a stop sign!  And I know police officers are held to a higher standard, bu toccasionally everyone doesn't siganl whether it be forgetting, thought htey switched it on and it didn't lock or just busy doing the other 10 things that officers must to in certain instances.

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2007, 09:50:01 PM »
Oh and by the way its really good that you are reaching your son to drive properly and to obey the law, but it sounds like you have a beef with everyone not just this cop.  Roll ove rand get out of bed on the other side in the moring and it will be a much better day.

And just so you don't assume this I am not a St. Robert officer stiching up for my friend!!!!!

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2007, 10:37:46 PM »
     First off - Good job teaching your son to drive, driving with him, and keeping that log, and being there with him while he builds experience.  By teaching him how he should be driving, it makes it very easy for him to see those kids at the dairy queen and know "nobody ever told them that wasn't what they should do, huh?"   The best way to become a good driver is experience and over time, then he'll become confident enough to drive and watch and keep himself safe.
     He may also have run the plates when he saw your son panicking -  He does not know whethere the person panicking is doing so because they are just learning and on a learners permit or they have done something wrong.  And that odd thing he did -- stopping to let pedestrians cross the road -- should not be an odd thing -- That was beaten into my head that "Pedestrians have the right away" and "You are protected from the weather (rain, cold, wind) they are not, just let them go first"
     Just tell your son if he is doing nothing wrong, and all of his ducks are in a row, he has nothing to worry about.   I hope he has many safe driving years ahead.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2007, 11:10:55 PM »
     First off - Good job teaching your son to drive, driving with him, and keeping that log, and being there with him while he builds experience.  By teaching him how he should be driving, it makes it very easy for him to see those kids at the dairy queen and know "nobody ever told them that wasn't what they should do, huh?"   The best way to become a good driver is experience and over time, then he'll become confident enough to drive and watch and keep himself safe.
     He may also have run the plates when he saw your son panicking -  He does not know whethere the person panicking is doing so because they are just learning and on a learners permit or they have done something wrong.  And that odd thing he did -- stopping to let pedestrians cross the road -- should not be an odd thing -- That was beaten into my head that "Pedestrians have the right away" and "You are protected from the weather (rain, cold, wind) they are not, just let them go first"
     Just tell your son if he is doing nothing wrong, and all of his ducks are in a row, he has nothing to worry about.   I hope he has many safe driving years ahead.

thank you eeyore.  i have told him that this behavior by the police is not normal, not yielding to oncoming traffic, and there was oncoming traffic that had to slow way down so the officer could go, and a yield sign means just that, yield to oncoming traffic, and i told him that most policemen use their turn signals, but sometimes they get busy.  i was just upset that while teaching a teenager to drive, this was the fourth incident when i had to explain to him that no the cops are not above the law, yes they do have to follow traffic rules, yes you do have to complete this driving log... it just gets tiring to keep telling him that even though others are not doing it, he must drive like he is supposed to and follow all traffic laws or he absolutely will not drive, i will not let him.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2007, 11:20:50 PM »
and, just to be crystal clear about something else, everyone keeps saying they could have been looking for a certain vehicle.  i have lived here for years, and NO ONE has a vehicle even close to what mine looks like NO ONE

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2007, 01:26:21 AM »
and, just to be crystal clear about something else, everyone keeps saying they could have been looking for a certain vehicle.  i have lived here for years, and NO ONE has a vehicle even close to what mine looks like NO ONE

Okay! We got it peon! The cops are just out following you & your kid to make you nervous. They are just following you around for days on end watching & waiting for you to not use YOUR turn signal. Then they can stop you in your only vehicle like that in the county and write you bunches of tickets to pay for the next remodel on the city hall.
If you have a beef, go to PD & let them know. None of those folks work for me so I can't reprimand them or explain their actions. and neither can 99.8% of the folks that read this board.
Quit blasting the PD until you have registered your complaint with someone that has the power to deal with it. ???

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2007, 03:02:27 AM »
It sounds as if the things that happened (pausing at the crosswalk, driving up & down a couple of lanes without parking, being a young driver past normal driving curfew) might have caused the officer to be suspicious that he was seeing someone driving under the influence. As late as it was, he may or may not have been able to gauge the ages of you and your son, but by running your plates and watching for a little longer, he decided that his initial impression was wrong and moved off.
Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

tux

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2007, 07:12:51 AM »
right

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »
number one who cares if someone has a vehicle like yours, There are 100s of vehicles in the wal-mart parking lot at any given time!! I for one was not saying he was following you for your vehicle he may have actually been looking for a certain parked car.  I know your brother in law didn't hear it on his scanner that has every channel known to man in it and it is turned up so high his family's eyes bulge when it breaks squelch so he doesn't miss a call that has absolutely nothing to do with him, but I know a lot of officers that run the parking lots to look for vehicles that are related to wanted subjects.  And just exactly is so special about your jolopy that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE has one like it?

Offline justwannahelp

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2007, 11:40:53 AM »
Oh and at the yield sign, JUST TO BE CLEAR, if he had traffic to yield to it would not be oncoming that he woud have to yield to unless they were driving the wrong way on the street.  Traffic that he would of had to yield to wold be cross traffic that he was merging into.  I just thought with your CDL license you would know that. 

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2007, 10:27:03 PM »
do i need to draw you a picture? justwannahelp your user name is a misnomer

Offline lioness

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2007, 03:17:58 AM »
I believe it looks like you pretty much got peed on here poen, wannahelp kind of shut you down it looks like, by the way who dos this supposed brother-in-law work for as this first responder?

do i need to draw you a picture? justwannahelp your user name is a misnomer
Michelle Joslin

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 04:45:37 AM »
since this is a public website, and i didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday, i will not divulge information about anyone without their permission.  i'll ask if it is okay, then if it is, i will tell you.  and, to those that called him nosey, don't you all have a thread on here about what kristi heard on the scanner?  it may be nosey for an ordinary citizen to listen to a scanner, but when you are a member of an emergency team, then it is your responsibility to be ready, and informed.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 04:55:05 AM »
Oh and at the yield sign, JUST TO BE CLEAR, if he had traffic to yield to it would not be oncoming that he woud have to yield to unless they were driving the wrong way on the street.  Traffic that he would of had to yield to wold be cross traffic that he was merging into.  I just thought with your CDL license you would know that. 
from the missouri driver manual:
YIELD SIGN
A yield sign is triangular. It is red and white with
red letters. It means you must slow down and
yield the right-of-way to traffic in the intersection
you are crossing or roadway you are entering.

or roadway you are entering

oncoming: coming nearer in time or space
oncoming traffic does not mean traffic on the opposite side of the road, but means any traffic coming nearer to you, so oncoming in the sense that i used it is correct

so, no i did not get peed on, however funny that seems to be to you
still, do i need to draw a picture?

officer turning onto business loop 44 also known as route 66 going toward waynesville, no signal, no yield to a gray pontiac could have been a bonneville or maybe an olds 88, four door, late 80's model.  that is a failure to yield.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2007, 02:20:04 PM »
Sounds like a overreaction to something as simple as a police officer following you through Wal-Mart's parking lot. 

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2007, 03:43:58 PM »
the police officer following me isn't what bothered me, what bothers me is (i feel as though i am repeating myself, wait i am!) that i have had to teach a new driver to drive and follow traffic laws, and i am telling him that the cops have to obey the laws too, but they don't.  the following me part was only included to give the whole story, it is not the main idea, but that is lost on so many that it doesn't even matter.  oh well, i guess the sheeple will always be sheeple.

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2007, 03:56:13 PM »
Peon, I think that your son, like everyone, will have to learn that not everybody follows the rules, and sometimes you won't see if it gets them into trouble or not. And there are BIG rules and little rules. This falls into the second category. Now if the cop was beating a child or raping someone, I suspect people would be more sympathetic.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »
i get that kathy, i do.  but would it hurt to change that so that the youth of this new driving generation see what should be instead of what is? 

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
do as i say not as i do is not going to work to keep these kids safe.  it wasn't all that long ago we had a fatal crash with teenagers involved, i don't want to see another one.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 05:59:01 PM »
I agree, no matter who the driver, the laws should be obeyed.  However, I'm afraid I'm just as guilty for occasionally not using my turn signals. :(
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:23 AM »
I won't say you're wrong, Peon, but if you really want to do something, try writing a courteous letter to the SRPD explaining gently what happened and requesting that they encourage their officers to obey even simple traffic laws to set a good example for young drivers.

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 01:53:44 PM »
Very well said and I suggest that you have your son help you write it as it would set another example of the mature way to handle situations that you firmly disagree with.