Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: SRPD officer  (Read 29499 times)

Offline sway-

• View Profile
SRPD officer
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:23:12 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I swear this guy looks for me , this is about the third time he has pulled me over in the last six months..he has even admitted that he shouldn't have wrote me a ticket before.. i can't stand him im going to talk to my lawyer about him on tuesday..he has again wrote me another ticket not one, but three..the joy !
And just in case you think there might be another car like mine you just might be wrong, here is my car and it isn't hard to spot !
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

WindblownLilac

Re: SRPD officer
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
What kind of tickets is he writing you?

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:23:55 AM »
haha you name it he has written me a ticket for it, and if he hasn't all the other srpd cops have ;) one was a speeding ticket i guess they had changed the speed limit on y hway which i was un aware of, and then he pulled over a day later and wrote me another ticket and admitted that he shouldn't have wrote me the first ticket...really if he wants to go on a date maybe he should just ask lol just kidding

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 06:54:27 AM »
They've not changed the speed limit on Y hwy.  Just and FYI. :-)  Oh and if all officers have written you tickets perhaps you need to change your driving habits.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 07:02:15 AM »
no no not speeding tickets, this officer is the only one who has ever written me a speeding ticket the other ones have pulled me over for not front license plate or because my window tint is too dark..this guy though just likes to write me tickets..o well i just needed to vent jerk pulled me over yesterday..and i know they changed the speed limit it was 45 and now its 35 ...but o well ^^^%%%

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 04:04:32 PM »
no no not speeding tickets, this officer is the only one who has ever written me a speeding ticket the other ones have pulled me over for not front license plate or because my window tint is too dark..this guy though just likes to write me tickets..o well i just needed to vent jerk pulled me over yesterday..and i know they changed the speed limit it was 45 and now its 35 ...but o well ^^^%%%

Well they changed that over a year ago, it was not this past August it was last year. 
Women are Angels

Offline Janice

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2007, 07:30:45 PM »
not trying to make you mad or anything but you said that 1 ticket was for not having a car tag on the front of your car and another was for having too dark a tint on your windows.. maybe you need to read up on state laws in the drivers handbook so you will know what is required by law.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2007, 09:13:35 PM »
a front lisence plate is not required by law, they just prefer it, and the window tint situation,well i didn't ask for that it just happened when i got my windows tinted. I didn't say anything about august either for the speed limit change ?

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2007, 09:33:14 PM »
a front lisence plate is not required by law, they just prefer it, and the window tint situation,well i didn't ask for that it just happened when i got my windows tinted. I didn't say anything about august either for the speed limit change ?

RSMO 301-130 5. No motor vehicle or trailer shall be operated on any highway of this state unless it shall have displayed thereon the license plate or set of license plates issued by the director of revenue or the state highways and transportation commission and authorized by section 301.140. Each such plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle or trailer in a manner so that all parts thereof shall be plainly visible and reasonably clean so that the reflective qualities thereof are not impaired. Each such plate may be encased in a transparent cover so long as the plate is plainly visible and its reflective qualities are not impaired. License plates shall be fastened to all motor vehicles except trucks, tractors, truck tractors or truck-tractors licensed in excess of twelve thousand pounds on the front and rear of such vehicles not less than eight nor more than forty-eight inches above the ground, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up. The license plates on trailers, motorcycles, motortricycles and motorscooters shall be displayed on the rear of such vehicles, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up. The license plate on buses, other than school buses, and on trucks, tractors, truck tractors or truck-tractors licensed in excess of twelve thousand pounds shall be displayed on the front of such vehicles not less than eight nor more than forty-eight inches above the ground, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up or if two plates are issued for the vehicle pursuant to subsection 3 of this section, displayed in the same manner on the front and rear of such vehicles. The license plate or plates authorized by section 301.140, when properly attached, shall be prima facie evidence that the required fees have been paid.

Just an FYI. 

Also Waynesville is the only department with a window tint gauge.  Did that happen in Waynesville?
Women are Angels

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2007, 09:35:52 PM »

Front plate is required when DOR issues two plates to a vehicle.

JB

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2007, 09:59:45 PM »
saint robert, they can tell by "looking" lame. I can't stand saint robert police they have such big heads it really ticks me off i have never had a problem with waynesville or county police they are all nice or at least seem to be and i can't think of a time any of them have pulled me over..maybe they actually pull people over when they really do something wrong not because they feel the need .

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2007, 10:24:47 PM »
saint robert, they can tell by "looking" lame. I can't stand saint robert police they have such big heads it really ticks me off i have never had a problem with waynesville or county police they are all nice or at least seem to be and i can't think of a time any of them have pulled me over..maybe they actually pull people over when they really do something wrong not because they feel the need .

Hmmm I've never heard of St. Bob pulling over for Tint, but hey it could happen, you never know.  However, not all of them have big heads. ;-)  I know at least one that doesn't. :-D
Women are Angels

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2007, 11:51:15 PM »
officer gettes is cool but im thinking thats about it..out of the ones i know.

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2007, 03:35:07 AM »
I remember hearing when the new tint law went into affect and a lot of people were trying to get their windows lightened or changed or something/anything to get back into line with the new law.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2007, 05:16:54 AM »
Sounds like if you complied with Missouri State Laws you would not be stopped.

"Ignorance is not an excuse for breaking the law"

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 05:59:35 AM »
assuming i am ignorant will not make you seem smarter, and is my front lisence plate not being displayed any harm to you ? i think not :)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 06:03:56 AM »
assumingi am ignorant will not make you seem smarter, and is my front lisenceplate not being displayed any harm to you ? i think not :)
   Front plate is required when DOR issues two plates to a vehicle.

JB
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 06:28:41 AM »
Sway - I was not trying to insult you, I was just stating that just because you do not know you are breaking a law does not make it okay to do so, and if you have been stopped for improper display of plates then you are aware of the law and it sounds like you still choose to violate that law. There are numerous laws that do not hurt someone else that does not make it okay to violate those laws. 

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 06:47:59 AM »
My car doesn't have a place to mount a front lisence plate i choose to display it in my windshield..technically it is displayed.

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 06:58:27 AM »
RSMO 301-130 5. No motor vehicle or trailer shall be operated on any highway of this state unless it shall have displayed thereon the license plate or set of license plates issued by the director of revenue or the state highways and transportation commission and authorized by section 301.140. Each such plate shall be securely fastened to the motor vehicle or trailer in a manner so that all parts thereof shall be plainly visible and reasonably clean so that the reflective qualities thereof are not impaired. Each such plate may be encased in a transparent cover so long as the plate is plainly visible and its reflective qualities are not impaired. License plates shall be fastened to all motor vehicles except trucks, tractors, truck tractors or truck-tractors licensed in excess of twelve thousand pounds on the front and rear of such vehicles not less than eight nor more than forty-eight inches above the ground, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up. The license plates on trailers, motorcycles, motortricycles and motorscooters shall be displayed on the rear of such vehicles, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up. The license plate on buses, other than school buses, and on trucks, tractors, truck tractors or truck-tractors licensed in excess of twelve thousand pounds shall be displayed on the front of such vehicles not less than eight nor more than forty-eight inches above the ground, with the letters and numbers thereon right side up or if two plates are issued for the vehicle pursuant to subsection 3 of this section, displayed in the same manner on the front and rear of such vehicles. The license plate or plates authorized by section 301.140, when properly attached, shall be prima facie evidence that the required fees have been paid.
it states above that plates will be displayed in the same manner front and rear, also states that the must be displayed within certain height requirements and on the front and rear of the vehicle.. on the dash is not the front of your vehicle it is more like the middle. Also states must be plainly visible. dont know about you but plainly visibly pointing at the sky is not right to me.
Sorry Sway just feel like arguing tonight.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 07:05:09 AM »
it states above that plates will be displayed in the same manner front and rear, also states that the must be displayed within certain height requirements and on the front and rear of the vehicle.. on the dash is not the front of your vehicle it is more like the middle. Also states must be plainly visible. dont know about you but plainly visibly pointing at the sky is not right to me.
Sorry Sway just feel like arguing tonight.

Sway said she didn't have a front mounting area, so I am thinking there should be some stipulation for vehicles that are not equiped with a front plate mounting area...???

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 07:10:03 AM »
From the photos of her car it appears to have some custom work done. That is kind of like the window tint, if it is factory done I don't think you could be fined for that, but if you put aftermarket tint on and it does not fall into the state requirements than it is your responsibility to get it fixed. Mounting a plate is not difficult, they sell mounting hardware at auto parts stores.. may not look as nice but it will make it legal.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 07:14:25 AM »
lawn4zer ..... Gotcha ....   ;)

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 09:06:05 AM »
im sorry im ignorant and prefer not to obey the law,i like getting pulled over and spending time with the police...yeah so that is what the uhh third time someone has highlighted that stupid little paragraph and im still not listening....why ? because i see 500 million other cars pass by me and they too have no front license plate or have it placed on their dash too and no its not more like the center its more like the right side of my car and it is visable you can see it driving down the road...and how many cops actually need to see your front plate ? don't they run your tags from the back ?
And one other thing do you see how low my car is to the ground ? its actually lower than that now.. i bet my plate isn't higher than 48 inches from the ground :) and i guess if i really wanted to follow that i should take my back plate off and put it under my back window,i like that idea i think im going to try it maybe i can get pulled over more often , i would like to spend more time with officer storm and all......

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 11:45:59 AM »
Sway I can tell you from experience if you make them mad or don't "comply" they will find a law that you are breaking or make one up, or manufacture a case.Moral of the story : DON'T MESS WITH THE APPELLATION DUMPLING GANG.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 01:33:22 PM »
im sorry im ignorant and prefer not to obey the law,i like getting pulled over and spending time with the police...yeah so that is what the uhh third time someone has highlighted that stupid little paragraph and im still not listening....why ? because i see 500 million other cars pass by me and they too have no front license plate or have it placed on their dash too and no its not more like the center its more like the right side of my car and it is visable you can see it driving down the road...and how many cops actually need to see your front plate ? don't they run your tags from the back ?
And one other thing do you see how low my car is to the ground ? its actually lower than that now.. i bet my plate isn't higher than 48 inches from the ground :) and i guess if i really wanted to follow that i should take my back plate off and put it under my back window,i like that idea i think im going to try it maybe i can get pulled over more often , i would like to spend more time with officer storm and all......

No it is says no LESS than 8 inches no more than 48, I'm sure your bumper is more than 8 inches off the ground or you'd be hitting things all the time.

"less than eight nor more than forty-eight inches above the ground"

Your attitude is rebellious and more than likely you will continue to get pulled over and issued tickets because you fail to want to obey the rules.  No feeling sorry for you here.  You can choose to do what you'd like but don't expect sympathy for those on here.
Women are Angels

WindblownLilac

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 01:37:58 PM »
im still not listening....why ? because i see 500 million other cars pass by me...

You shouldn't be worried about other people, you are responsible for you, you were told the law, you need to grow up and quit pointing to others and check yourself.  The above quote is just like some kid saying, "well they broke a window so I did too."  As for no place to mount a plate, its called a drill.   

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2007, 02:31:53 PM »
Ok, I will use the same theory I use on my 12 year old. If you feel you are being picked on then follow the law and they will either have no choice but to stop pulling you over or you will have a good argument and better evidence of possible harrassment. Otherwise, you are breaking the law and they have a legal right to ticket you. If you choose to continue your current behavior, knowing you are breaking the law, suffer the consequences and stop whining.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2007, 05:07:58 PM »
I think most car companies sell a kit for mounting the front license plate.  An ex-wife complained when she moved to Missouri because in AZ they only have 1 plate.  She had a Grand Prix.  But 1 phone call resulted in a front mounting kit and all was better.  She was in compliance with state law. 

Offline lawn4zer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
Ok, I will use the same theory I use on my 12 year old. If you feel you are being picked on then follow the law and they will either have no choice but to stop pulling you over or you will have a good argument and better evidence of possible harrassment. Otherwise, you are breaking the law and they have a legal right to ticket you. If you choose to continue your current behavior, knowing you are breaking the law, suffer the consequences and stop whining.

Well Said