Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • nursejdavis: also the time is wayyy of its only 930 pm???
    March 14, 2019, 02:29:18 AM
  • nursejdavis: I am looking for a few Press Releases from Kevin Hillman that have disappeared.... not sure why they would be hidden from the public unless they contain narcs who have gotten their charges dropped for their cooperation. Seems the same Press Releases were also deleted from Facebook. Thanks for any help in locating these
    March 14, 2019, 02:24:50 AM
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM

Author Topic: The Bush MESS all the facts you never wanted to be true  (Read 14587 times)

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
Re: The Bush MESS all the facts you never wanted to be true
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 06:46:25 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

This is how Congress will do its best to ruin the economy by withholding funds for the troops.  In this way, those govt employees working for the DOD can lose their jobs or be furloughed, lose income and not be able to make house payments, food bills, electric bills, and the beat goes on.  AND the Dems will try to blame it all on Bush.  Give the troops the funds and let's gone on with it.

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2007, 07:12:45 PM »
Nothing new here.  We have always done it this way--this wasn't just done during the last two elections.  FYI, Bush received over 50% of the popular vote in 2004.  And I do believe that he received more than Bill Clinton got in the two elections he won! 

BUSH 59459765 52.0%- KERRY 55949407 46.6% to be exact........

Clinton 1992 44909806 43.0%

Clinton 1996 47400125 49.24%
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2007, 07:17:56 PM »
personally, i think the electoral college should be thrown out.  there is no reason for it, really.  with today's technology we can count and tally votes faster and the popular vote should elect the president, not selected states.  united states my foot.  a few states are all that count anyway.

Offline Traveler

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2007, 07:34:48 PM »
personally, i think the electoral college should be thrown out.  there is no reason for it, really.  with today's technology we can count and tally votes faster and the popular vote should elect the president, not selected states.  united states my foot.  a few states are all that count anyway.

So your saying you don't want candidates to campaign in missouri?

If we went by popular vote and CA, TX, NY, FL, IL, PA, and Ohio voted for the same candidate we would have no say in Missouri as to who was elected.

7 states could decide our president. Missouri is #18 our votes wouldn't count, candidates wouldn't even show up here. Why waste their time and money. We have checks and balances in our Constitutional Republic for a reason.
"The Republicans know we have a constitution, and they dismiss it with contempt and arrogance ... The Democrats simply act like they never heard of it ..."

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2007, 07:50:31 PM »
So all you have to write is a bunch of circumstances, call them facts, and that person is guilty, then here is some real mafia stuff;Just a quick refresher course lest we forget what has happened to many
"friends" of the Clintons.

1-James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an
apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.
2 -Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown . The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House
3- Vince Foster - Former White House counselor and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.
4- Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the air Traffic controller committed suicide.
5- C. Victor Raiser II- Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992
6-Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock , September 1992. Described by Clinton as a "Dear friend and trusted advisor".
7-Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.
8-Jerry Parks -Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock< /st1:City>. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.
9-James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a "Black Book" of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas .
10-James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.
11-Kathy Ferguson- Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she were going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.
12-Bill Shelton - Arkansas State Trooper and fiance of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiance, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiance.
13-Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton's friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.
14-Florence Martin - Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.
15- Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.
16-Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.
17-Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.
18- Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet
June 22, 1993 in his Washington DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.
19-Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington , Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.
20-Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.
21-Charles Meissner -Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.
22-Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.
23-Barry Seal -Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas , death was no accident.
24-Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.
25-Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.
26- Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.
27-Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:
28-Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.
29-Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988
30-Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.
31-Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.
32-James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to "natural causes".
33-Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.
34-Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:
35 -Major William S. Barkley Jr.
36-Captain Scott J . Reynolds
37-Sgt. Brian Hanley
38-Sgt. Tim Sabel
39-Major General William Robertson
40-Col. William Densberger
41-Col. Robert Kelly
42-Spec. Gary Rhodes
43-Steve Willis
44-Robert Williams
45-Conway LeBleu
46-Todd McKeehan
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2007, 07:57:10 PM »
WOW

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2007, 08:15:11 PM »
He will take a beating until he leaves office.  Yet nobody else in DC has any better solutions to the issues facing us.  The REAL issues.  We've got troops in the field wondering no doubt how they will be funded in the next few months, and all Congress is worried about is a friggin' global warming bill.  "Historic Vote Wednesday".......
i have to kinda agree with you on this one..global warming...is a JOKE !if its going to happen it's going to happen..really isn't much we can do to fix that gapping hole in the ozone layer ?
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

retired1_us

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2007, 09:20:39 PM »
i have to kinda agree with you on this one..global warming...is a JOKE !if its going to happen it's going to happen..really isn't much we can do to fix that gapping hole in the ozone layer ?

That gaping hole thing is kinda funny when you think about it - it's somewhat like a nose if you will - and some in science over the years have equated it to just that - a necessary thing that expands and contracts....because it does but we haven't a clue as to why.  Interesting eh?  And a politician or two realizes it will cause fear and panic .... badabing badaboom  instant soapbox!

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2007, 10:09:10 PM »
and votes haha

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2007, 01:28:36 AM »
you're not going to blame W for global warming sway? LOLLOL

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 02:11:21 AM »
naa i can't give him that much credit, i blame all the hippies that smoke pot and smell like patcholi haha im just kidding !

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2007, 08:31:58 AM »
http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

BZZZT! Try again.

So all you have to write is a bunch of circumstances, call them facts, and that person is guilty, then here is some real mafia stuff;Just a quick refresher course lest we forget what has happened to many
"friends" of the Clintons.

1-James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an
apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.
2 -Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown . The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House
3- Vince Foster - Former White House counselor and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.
4- Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the air Traffic controller committed suicide.
5- C. Victor Raiser II- Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992
6-Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock , September 1992. Described by Clinton as a "Dear friend and trusted advisor".
7-Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.
8-Jerry Parks -Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in Little Rock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside Little Rock< /st1:City>. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.
9-James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a "Black Book" of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas .
10-James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.
11-Kathy Ferguson- Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Ferguson, was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she were going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.
12-Bill Shelton - Arkansas State Trooper and fiance of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiance, he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiance.
13-Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton's friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.
14-Florence Martin - Accountant & sub-contractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal Mena Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.
15- Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.
16-Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.
17-Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mena Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.
18- Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 "October Surprise" was found dead on a toilet
June 22, 1993 in his Washington DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death.
19-Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington , Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.
20-Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.
21-Charles Meissner -Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.
22-Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.
23-Barry Seal -Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas , death was no accident.
24-Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.
25-Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.
26- Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fund raiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.
27-Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as "The boys on the track" case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.
THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:
28-Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.
29-Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988
30-Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.
31-Jeff Rhodes - He was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.
32-James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was due to "natural causes".
33-Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.
34-Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:
35 -Major William S. Barkley Jr.
36-Captain Scott J . Reynolds
37-Sgt. Brian Hanley
38-Sgt. Tim Sabel
39-Major General William Robertson
40-Col. William Densberger
41-Col. Robert Kelly
42-Spec. Gary Rhodes
43-Steve Willis
44-Robert Williams
45-Conway LeBleu
46-Todd McKeehan

Heck is where people go when they don't believe in Gosh.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2007, 12:47:35 PM »
Read my first sentance, I was making a statement. Just because someone writes it, doesn't make it true
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2007, 03:21:05 PM »
BUSH 59459765 52.0%- KERRY 55949407 46.6% to be exact........

Clinton 1992 44909806 43.0%

Clinton 1996 47400125 49.24%

Thanks Traveler, I didn't feel like looking up the information.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2007, 03:27:49 PM »
He will take a beating until he leaves office.  Yet nobody else in DC has any better solutions to the issues facing us.  The REAL issues.  We've got troops in the field wondering no doubt how they will be funded in the next few months, and all Congress is worried about is a friggin' global warming bill.  "Historic Vote Wednesday".......

I also believe that he did what other's (Namely Clinton) didn't have the guts to do!  And yes, the Dems hate him so much that they are going to cut the money for the war in Iraq that is starting to turn the corner.  Bush will continue the war and the people that work for DOD (civilians) will get laid off because of it.  They have forgotten that many of us vote and I'm pretty sure that even the Dems that work for the DOD might just vote against the turds that laid them off.

Also, don't forget the Dems do not in any way support immigration reform, because they want that hispanic voting block!  Again, I hope the voter's in America see through the Dems BS and correct some of the mistakes made in the 2006 elections.   

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2007, 03:37:09 PM »
And that includes Skelton too.  He is in on this big time.  He just "can't understand" why the President will veto their demands.  Ike needs to go too.  He has forgotten the DOD civilians working at FLW.  BTW, I am not affected by this, but many will be if congress does not get off it's collective butt.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2007, 04:17:02 PM »
And that includes Skelton too.  He is in on this big time.  He just "can't understand" why the President will veto their demands.  Ike needs to go too.  He has forgotten the DOD civilians working at FLW.  BTW, I am not affected by this, but many will be if congress does not get off it's collective butt.

Last time DoD civilians were on "furlough" because budget wasn't approved, they got back pay.

retired1_us

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2007, 05:27:55 PM »
Last time DoD civilians were on "furlough" because budget wasn't approved, they got back pay.

I am not familiar with how that system works (and hope I don't find out), but there are still the issues in between those times that make life difficult - for everyone.

Just think what Christmas will be like for those that get the warning letter.  Even getting such a document is enough to put some folks over the line.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
I am not familiar with how that system works (and hope I don't find out), but there are still the issues in between those times that make life difficult - for everyone.

Just think what Christmas will be like for those that get the warning letter.  Even getting such a document is enough to put some folks over the line.

That is definitely true. Can't imagine Christmas after getting that kind of notice. My mom was "furloughed" when Fort Sheridan was still open (closed in '91 I believe) and she was off for about 5 or 6 weeks. Once they went back, they were told they still accumulated their leave and would recieve back pay. That was nice but I do not think there is any guarantee of that happening. It must be written in to the budget and approved I am guessing. I hope it does not go as far as all this. I know it has come close a time or two.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2007, 09:15:50 PM »

Fully agree with you!  I've voted for Skelton many times, but if the Dems continue with their defeatest agenda and we get laid off because of it, I will definately make my vote count against any Dem that voted for this bill that I have the ability to vote against!  I really don't believe the American people will support another defeat now that things are starting to get better. 

I understand the feeling of many that saw all the doom and gloom in the news (one sided reporting), but now that we have changed course and it's working, I really believe the American people aren't going to stand for a defeat after so many have given so much!  I may be totally off base on this, but I sure hope not.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2007, 03:44:28 AM »
I think the dems will cave.
Ah ft sheridan. The 1st time I saw that place I knew if I was in the army I would find a way to be stationed there. My wife is from skokie and we went there a few times while visiting.

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »
Lived there for 4 years as a kid. We are from the area. Drove through the "post" it is gorgeous....but then again, it always was!!!
http://www.fortsheridan.com/ check it out!

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2007, 04:05:12 AM »
Grin... I did read it twice before I posted, and I put the snopes link because it didn't come through to me if you were saying "this happened to Clinton's friends" or "see how easy it is to B.S. something?"

Read my first sentance, I was making a statement. Just because someone writes it, doesn't make it true

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2007, 04:06:21 AM »
when you drive through the main gate and you are also driving through the golf course, that is a good sign. of course the lake being there didn't hurt either.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2007, 02:38:22 PM »
I think the dems will cave.
Ah ft sheridan. The 1st time I saw that place I knew if I was in the army I would find a way to be stationed there. My wife is from skokie and we went there a few times while visiting.

I sure hope so!  I saw some poll numbers last night on the news, believe it said 57% still believe it was wrong to go into Iraq.  I can understand that sentiment and also wish we hadn't went in either.  However, out of those 57%, I'ld bet a large majority were all gung ho back when we went in!  But now that we know the truth have changed their minds. That is why I don't think a President should make his/her decisions by looking at polls.  The American public changes it's mind on a dime and most don't even understand or try to find out the facts before they change their minds again!  Bush did what he thought was right.  He gave the Iraqi government his word that we would stand by them and he has not faultered yet. 

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »
Tundra, I agree in most respects. I just wish we could get the "real" information before being asked to give opinions, whether it's about Iraq, election candidates, or whatever. We're just so deluged with information anymore that it is impossible to be well informed on everything, and when we do get information, to know how reliable it is.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2007, 12:11:58 AM »
First, these "polls" show nothing at all.  Statistics can be made to show what the poller wants shown.  So 57% of what and who?  As far as some of the things on there, my eyebrows raise.  Vince Foster and Ron Brown in particular.  Vince Foster found with GSW to head, no blood to speak of at the scene and no gun.  Ruled suicide.  Ron Brown died in an airplane.  Also was found with a .45 caliber hole in the top of his head. 

Offline kbohon

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2007, 04:13:24 AM »
First, these "polls" show nothing at all.  Statistics can be made to show what the poller wants shown.  So 57% of what and who?  As far as some of the things on there, my eyebrows raise.  Vince Foster and Ron Brown in particular.  Vince Foster found with GSW to head, no blood to speak of at the scene and no gun.  Ruled suicide.  Ron Brown died in an airplane.  Also was found with a .45 caliber hole in the top of his head. 

Yes, statistics are slippery, aren't they?

"This form of birth control is 99% effective when used properly" is the same as "1 out of every 100 women will become pregnant while using this form of birth control, even when it is used properly." And that's IF the results were collected using sound methodology, from the proper sample size, and from qualified respondents.

Offline peon

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2007, 06:17:19 AM »
sarcasm, get it?  i ain't the one who thinks that we shouldn't count, or that we don't have the right to count.

So your saying you don't want candidates to campaign in missouri?

If we went by popular vote and CA, TX, NY, FL, IL, PA, and Ohio voted for the same candidate we would have no say in Missouri as to who was elected.

7 states could decide our president. Missouri is #18 our votes wouldn't count, candidates wouldn't even show up here. Why waste their time and money. We have checks and balances in our Constitutional Republic for a reason.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2007, 10:39:56 AM »
I don't really give a crap what facts are presented or what the Republicans on this site want to say to justify their precious little golden boy G.W....

The one big fact remains the same no matter what statement you dodge reality with...

This country is sliding into the crapper.  Just look at the crap going on with our economy right now...  How did it get that way?  I want to know why people are loosing their houses and dying at the gas pumps.

I want to know why Christmas is going to be smaller this year.  Why are businesses around town suffering and being sold off at auction? 

Where the hell did the money go and WHY?

Answer me that one ye loyal Republicans cowering before your precious god G.W. who can do no wrong.

All of this thread is another die-hard reason why I think that political parties are stupid as hell.  You'll dodge reality to satisfy your own little egos all in the spirit of not wanting to be wrong because your a Republican or a Democrat or a Vegetable or a craptacular NEW party that nobody cares about.  All the while this country slides into the 10th level of hell because your party can do no wrong!