Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Drug Arrest  (Read 12402 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Drug Arrest
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:33:28 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

News Release
Drug Arrest
Pulaski County Sheriff J. B. King
Nov. 30, 2007
During the course of an investigation requested by the Miller County Sheriff’s Department, a Pulaski County Deputy attempted to locate a missing person from Miller County. The exact address of the subject was unknown so the Pulaski County Deputy was searching an area off Texas Road in Pulaski County. While driving on Texas road the Deputy met the missing person driving a vehicle that Miller County had reported as taken without the owner consent.
The Pulaski County Deputy stopped the vehicle on State Rt. Z near Texas Read at 10:58am on 11-30-07. As part of the investigation at the scene of the vehicle stop the deputy requested the assistance of a K-9 drug dog and a reserve Pulaski County Deputy along with his dog was called out. The dog gave a positive alert and the deputies located crack pipes with residue. The two female occupants of the vehicle were arrested for possession of narcotic paraphernalia and possession of a controlled substance. The vehicle was towed to a local garage for safekeeping at the owner’s request. The identity of the female subjects will not be released at this time.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: Drug Arrest
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2007, 02:16:03 PM »
Why don't they release the names of the criminals?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »
Thats what I'd like to know also.

Offline highroller2008

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 12:23:11 AM »
two crack pipes with residue? that actually makes news?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 12:41:08 AM »
two crack pipes with residue? that actually makes news?

Not exactly, I usually do not release the minor stuff like this BUT I had a person ask some pointed questions about routine activity so over the past week I have released several bits of small news of the type I did not release before. And I am waiting to see what public opinion has to say about these types of releases. Clear as mud?

JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:18 AM »
Why don't they release the names of the criminals?

Coyote, I believe that you got a private message from DTM that explained my reasons well. Probably better than I could have written. I try to balance between the need of the public to know information and the protection of the person's rights. If in doubt I land on the side of the rights.
JB

darrellmaurina

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 10:19:58 AM »
   Coyote, I believe that you got a private message from DTM that explained my reasons well. Probably better than I could have written. I try to balance between the need of the public to know information and the protection of the person's rights. If in doubt I land on the side of the rights.JB
Thanks, Sheriff King. I might as well print what I had said privately, with a few items edited for clarification... Sheriff King's policy, as with many but not all law enforcement agencies that deal with the media, is to release the names of people after they have been actually charged with a crime, not when they are initially booked into the jail. In other words, he wants to have the prosecutor review his deputies’ decisions to make sure she’s comfortable with charging the person before releasing the name. Technically I suppose I could start filing Sunshine Law requests to get stuff earlier, but I see no good reason to push that point since I think Sheriff King’s decision is a reasonable balance between openness to the public and caution about needless destruction of a person’s reputation. It avoids the possibility of devastating damage to a person’s reputation who, even though arrested, may have been arrested on questionable grounds and who might be released by the prosecutor’s decision or (somewhat more likely) charged with something less than the reason for which they were arrested. An example might be that a person was arrested for a certain amount of property damage and charged based on the perceived value, but upon further investigation, the prosecutor determined the property wasn’t worth as much and files a lower level of charge instead of what the officer arrested the person for. Worst case scenario: The person might be arrested, give a false ID, and a day later it’s found out he’s somebody else. Waiting a day or so before releasing people’s names to the media gives some extra time to catch major problems like that. And since I read the police blotters regularly of our major law enforcement agencies, if something really unusual happens that I want or need the booking records immediately rather than waiting until the charging and arraignment is complete (a murder case, for example, or a major hostage crisis), I can make a special request and I have no reason to believe local law enforcement would object. Regards, Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 11:36:24 AM »
News media! Having been there early in my working career (radio news). You just can't please all of us, Darrell & Sheriff.
I would like to see a daily kind of thing that just said, for example:
On (DATE) Officers responded to domestic disturbance, rural Crocker Area, no arrests, situation resolved. 
Traffic stop on Texas Road resulted in two arrests for narcotics violation.

Deputies assisted with traffic control for Hazelgreen Fire Department on minor fire call.

But then there would be others that want much more detail. I think the Sheriff works well with the media in keeping the public informed.

darrellmaurina

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:18:30 PM »
I can't get into a discussion on this subject here, Ed, but I understand exactly where you're coming from. When I worked in smaller communities we printed the police blotter in basically the format you're looking for. When I came here, I started to do it. The result was that it took between one and two pages of the newspaper, in small type, and generated a lot of complaints that we shouldn't be doing that. Even so, we still weren't printing a lot of the things I had printed in other papers, and we weren't getting most of the crime from Dixon, Richland or Crocker -- only the Waynesville, St. Robert and county blotters. Some people were interested. Many others weren't, and a decision was made that reporting the police blotter here in detail is unrealistic because of the high crime rate.I don't think people here have any idea about the massive amount of theft, domestic violence, gas drive-offs, drug activity, beatings, gang activity, vandalism, property damage, car crashes in which nobody is hospitalized, and other relatively minor crime going on in this area. There is simply no possible way we could print all of the stuff going on... the sheriff's blotter is usually about 10 pages per day, and the same is true for the St. Robert and Waynesville police which are often even longer. I doubt a single day goes by in this county without several domestic violence incidents and drunken brawls that result in arrests.Pulaski County may have a relatively small population but its criminal activity is far greater than most rural communities I have covered -- with one major exception, an Air Force base a few hours away from the Mexican border where crime was totally out of control with multiple murders every month and armed robberies so common that we didn't even bother to report them unless someone got shot or stabbed. Between the city and county officers, they had three times the number of police and sheriff's deputies with about the same population as Pulaski County, but it still couldn't bring the crime under control. Regards,Darrell Todd Maurina
News media! Having been there early in my working career (radio news). You just can't please all of us, Darrell & Sheriff.I would like to see a daily kind of thing that just said, for example:On (DATE) Officers responded to domestic disturbance, rural Crocker Area, no arrests, situation resolved.  Traffic stop on Texas Road resulted in two arrests for narcotics violation. Deputies assisted with traffic control for Hazelgreen Fire Department on minor fire call. But then there would be others that want much more detail. I think the Sheriff works well with the media in keeping the public informed.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 12:30:25 PM »
I can't get into a discussion on this subject here, Ed, but I understand exactly where you're coming from. When I worked in smaller communities we printed the police blotter in basically the format you're looking for. When I came here, I started to do it. The result was that it took between one and two pages of the newspaper, in small type, and generated a lot of complaints that we shouldn't be doing that. Even so, we still weren't printing a lot of the things I had printed in other papers, and we weren't getting most of the crime from Dixon, Richland or Crocker -- only the Waynesville, St. Robert and county blotters. Some people were interested. Many others weren't, and a decision was made that reporting the police blotter here in detail is unrealistic because of the high crime rate.I don't think people here have any idea about the massive amount of theft, domestic violence, gas drive-offs, drug activity, beatings, gang activity, vandalism, property damage, car crashes in which nobody is hospitalized, and other relatively minor crime going on in this area. There is simply no possible way we could print all of the stuff going on... the sheriff's blotter is usually about 10 pages per day, and the same is true for the St. Robert and Waynesville police which are often even longer. I doubt a single day goes by in this county without several domestic violence incidents and drunken brawls that result in arrests.Pulaski County may have a relatively small population but its criminal activity is far greater than most rural communities I have covered -- with one major exception, an Air Force base a few hours away from the Mexican border where crime was totally out of control with multiple murders every month and armed robberies so common that we didn't even bother to report them unless someone got shot or stabbed. Between the city and county officers, they had three times the number of police and sheriff's deputies with about the same population as Pulaski County, but it still couldn't bring the crime under control. Regards,Darrell Todd Maurina

Well, well said DTM. And you are right most people have no clue just how busy all of us in law enforcement are in Pulaski County. No Clue.
Well maybe the scanner crowd does have a clue.
JB

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 12:46:20 PM »
I think you should post all of them with names and pictures. Maybe these people will knock it off if everyone knows what there up to. Well Done J.B.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

paloha2

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »
you know Mark that might not be a bad idea ...altho time comsuming. My husband lived in Texas for awhile...and there they decided to turn the tables on the prostitution...they posted the CUSTOMERS names instead of the girls and it cut it down big time..ha

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007, 01:36:47 PM »
He did and I appreciate that very much.  Thank you also.

Coyote, I believe that you got a private message from DTM that explained my reasons well. Probably better than I could have written. I try to balance between the need of the public to know information and the protection of the person's rights. If in doubt I land on the side of the rights.
JB
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »
Me personally, I would like to see a basic rundown (much like the format Auctioneer Ed used as an example) because I want to know if someone on the street behind me was robbed, or someone down the street is selling drugs, mysterious fires and so forth.........How does the whole scanner thing work  ??? ???

Offline my3sons

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2007, 06:32:54 PM »
You usually hear where, what and occasionally who come across the scanner.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »
i got a scanner when my kids started driving to basically see what was up with them.. has come in handy on several occasions, it's kinda like background noise now i'm so used to it..

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 05:47:24 PM »
so where can I buy a scanner and how do I "tune in"?

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2007, 06:04:45 PM »
Go talk to Jeff @ CB10 just west of the Road Ranger on the outer road. He can sell you a scanner and give you the local freq's.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2007, 06:10:03 PM »
Thanks Pete

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2007, 12:41:23 AM »
so where can I buy a scanner and how do I "tune in"?

If you do get one please remember that things frequently get real confused in scanner land. So if you hear something that alarms you it might not be that bad when it is over.
JB

Offline just_me

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2007, 12:53:44 AM »
Got it......thanks JB

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »
I agree with what DTM said.   People would be shocked if they knew half of what the Deputies deal with.  Or the number of hours they put in during a week.  Maybe if people really knew how busy they are and all the facts regarding the amount of criminal activity that goes on, they would get behind the LE tax and start giving the Commissioners notice at every meeting.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2007, 12:28:45 AM »
Not a bad idea.  Get a weekly blotter to the commissioners and let them read what is going on.  ut it in their minutes.  Of course, they still have their own agenda, but they can't legitimately say they were unaware of it.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
Would it be possible to post the blotter here?  Or, on the online DG??
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2007, 11:52:30 PM »
yea could they?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2007, 02:48:58 AM »

You have no idea what you are asking for. If we did that I would get 20 questions a day for more info on a million topics. I would not be able to answer. It is hard to keep up with a response to the few press releases that I send out. Our blotter runs at least 7 or more pages on the slowest days.

JB

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2007, 12:10:37 AM »
You have no idea what you are asking for. If we did that I would get 20 questions a day for more info on a million topics. I would not be able to answer. It is hard to keep up with a response to the few press releases that I send out. Our blotter runs at least 7 or more pages on the slowest days.

JB
Isn't that part of the administrators job?  To keep the public informed and aware?  Maybe it would help your LE Sales Tax cause if the people actually knew how busy you were.  Right now people hear you say it every week, but many are still of the mindset that all deputies do is sit at Citgo (BP Now), drink coffee and smoke cigarettes.  Not saying that's MY opinion, but you'd be amazed how many still have that mindset...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2007, 02:24:53 AM »
Isn't that part of the administrators job?  To keep the public informed and aware?  Maybe it would help your LE Sales Tax cause if the people actually knew how busy you were.  Right now people hear you say it every week, but many are still of the mindset that all deputies do is sit at Citgo (BP Now), drink coffee and smoke cigarettes.  Not saying that's MY opinion, but you'd be amazed how many still have that mindset...

You have made a very good point with this post. With our current log we have tons of full names, DOB's and SSAN numbers all over the log. To send this out would require a lot of work. BUT we are already working on a new system (CAD) and once we start this there is a summary that we may well be able to release. Our CAD system is in the training mode at this time and it may be a few months before we could go live but we are working on this idea. Because YES if people could see how busy the "fat deputies" who "waste gas" with their "unnecessary take home cars" are working to defend you from crime there may be a few changes in thinking around these parts.

JB

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2007, 02:35:03 AM »
JB, I haven't seen your deputies eating donuts and getting glazed eyes.  The most, is having a cup of coffee, standing inside and smoking a cigarette and then out the door again to battle the forces of evil.  I can plead guilty of keeping some of them from being on the road at times as I like to engage them in conversation.  I always wish them a quiet evening or day.

Offline my3sons

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2007, 03:43:31 AM »
I actually had help at Citgo, by a waynesville pd. The Daily Guide machine tried to steal my wallet. LOL  I had laid my wallet atop the machine to get a paper and when it shut, it caught part of my wallet in the jam. I could not get it out, so one of the officers left his coffee and cigarette to help a citizen in need. LOL If a deputy had been there I know he/she would have rescued my wallet. My point is, they are allowed to have breaks and I have been there when they get a call and they rush out the door.