Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 147584 times)

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2008, 03:14:33 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

She continues to follow the same do nothing pattern that she did in private practice.   When will everyone wake up and get her out of this job. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2008, 01:54:34 AM »
She continues to follow the same do nothing pattern that she did in private practice.   When will everyone wake up and get her out of this job. ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??

We need to see what it takes to remove an elected prosecutor from office.  No matter the political party, it's obvious to all our current prosecutor is inept and needs to go. 

Offline Inside Out

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2008, 02:43:03 PM »
How soon is the Next election for County PA?  I posted before I though she was doing a good Job. Well That has Changed all the way around. It's sad when you find out off the street that people that have done criminal acts against you have bonded and othersd are about to be Paroled.

Shouldn't a victim be notified from the PA's office?

On top of the fact taking years to get stuff moving on a case.
What a Joke.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2008, 02:52:08 PM »
I heard from her own mouth, she's only doing it for the steady paycheck and insurance...which I don't know why because her husband is retired and she has tri-care.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Inside Out

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2008, 02:54:41 PM »
Well I'm floored. Hopefully someday we can get a PA that will care about the job and do what is needed to be done. 

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2008, 04:13:57 PM »
I heard from her own mouth, she's only doing it for the steady paycheck and insurance...which I don't know why because her husband is retired and she has tri-care.

She could not make it private practice that's why she ran so she could have a steady income and insurance without the hassle of a lot of work.  You may recall that when they voted the raises, due to the increase in property valuation, she want her increase and was even going to sue.  But it was explain in the news several times that the raise wouldn't take effect until the next election cycle for each office except for the Sheriff .

Last year at budget time it came out that she has handle less cases than anyone over the past several years.   I would be interesting to know where her case fillings stand now.

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2008, 08:19:00 PM »
I can tell you that an individual went to her office to have something noterized. The first thing she did was say. and I quote,

"you arent one of those people trashing me and making comments on the pulaski county web are you?!"

the individual answered No and that she didnt even know what that was (because she doesnt and has never been on here) and then she said she would do it but after a few moments she came back and told her she couldnt find her notary stuff??
So she Does read this column!! Fair warning she will use it against you.

I do know that there was a case of a drunk and drugged up woman who used her car to try and run over a relative of mine and her friend who were only 15 years old and charges were filed and low and behold Ms. Hooper lost all the evidence and statements so nothing ever happened to the person who tried doing this!!! It made me so mad I bought blew up!!! This woman actually literally ran her car into the ditch to try and hit my 15 year old relative and nothing was done to her because of Ms. Hoopers neglagence!!! This was attempted murder with the use of a vechicle!!!!
I admit that she has a big workload but to loose such evidence that she cant prosecute there is NO excuse for that!!!
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
Wonder where all that "lost evidence" goes.....maybe where the lost socks go......
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2008, 09:08:14 PM »
Wonder where all that "lost evidence" goes.....maybe where the lost socks go......
Good one. :)
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline chicken butt

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2008, 12:01:50 AM »
You know the saying "all that goes around, comes around"?  It'll come back to bite her.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
Yea that Karma is some powerful stuff!!

Offline ♥♥♥Trena♥♥♥

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2008, 01:30:52 PM »
You know the saying "all that goes around, comes around"?  It'll come back to bite her.
Yea that Karma is some powerful stuff!!
Yes it will, and Yes it is.
Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets, So love the people who treat you right, Forget the ones who don't, and believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2008, 02:33:34 PM »
Just read this thread, I don't know what all is going on but when I have been at the courthouse it looks like she has a shit load of work on her plate. That has been my impression. I can't imagine being prepared 100 percent for 100 cases in a few hours. From my experience this county has complained about every prosecutor for as far back as I can remember.. They used to pick on Headrick about his collection of bad checks.. I think Headrick did an admirable job.. I don't know enough about her job to say one way or another how shes doing. I introduced myself to her in the elevator there one day, and she didn't scoff at me.. I also know shes a realistic person, because she was my oppositions attorney in my child custody case, I saw her reprimand my opponent justifiably.. My opponent in that case is doing time in the big house thanks to our prosecutor.

Offline Inside Out

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2008, 04:37:26 PM »
Well I have to say i though things were great the first 3 months she was in office.
With my situation she walked into a mess from the former PA.
Now I can't find out anything nor am I notified of anything you never get a call back and everything goes to voicemail.
I find out more off the street than I do the PA office.
IF the work load is that great mabye bring in more help if the budget is there

Heck for the past 3 days I've tried calling and no one has answered the phone.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2008, 04:39:39 PM »
Someone in my family had several charges against a person, a very volatile situation, involving an adult and 2 children, the charges were either missing or uninvestigated, they were continued umpteen times and then when they finally got to court either the evidence was gone or the wrong evidence was filed, and thrown out.  Yes, i am sure she has a very full plate, but something should be done to alleviate her load so that all criminals are prosecuted and justice is served upon the victims.  i am glad your case worked out for you Rick, but i am afraid you were one of very few of the cases out there.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Inside Out

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2008, 04:42:27 PM »
nix the no phone just got through lol

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2008, 05:48:51 PM »
One thing I can assure you of is, money for help is not in the budget.

Well I have to say i though things were great the first 3 months she was in office.
With my situation she walked into a mess from the former PA.
Now I can't find out anything nor am I notified of anything you never get a call back and everything goes to voicemail.
I find out more off the street than I do the PA office.
IF the work load is that great mabye bring in more help if the budget is there

Heck for the past 3 days I've tried calling and no one has answered the phone.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2008, 05:50:07 PM »
I did hear of someone I think a lot of is thinking about running in two years for her job..

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »
Rick don't keep us in suspense, who is it?

I did hear of someone I think a lot of is thinking about running in two years for her job..

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2008, 01:25:50 AM »
Just some guy who will do a great job, not saying she's doing a bad job, actually I am somewhat pleased with her of late..

Sorry can't say, but thanks for the reminder I may ask him about it when I see him again.. He is a very level headed guy..

It has recently come to my attention that some local attorneys don't do well finacially, because of their title so to speak we all assume they are loaded.. Nowadays it's hard to make money in any business I suppose....

Rick don't keep us in suspense, who is it?

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »
Just some guy who will do a great job, not saying she's doing a bad job, actually I am somewhat pleased with her of late..

Sorry can't say, but thanks for the reminder I may ask him about it when I see him again.. He is a very level headed guy..

It has recently come to my attention that some local attorneys don't do well finacially, because of their title so to speak we all assume they are loaded.. Nowadays it's hard to make money in any business I suppose....

Rick is that person still interested in the Prosecutor's job?  She doesn't seem to be improving.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2009, 12:09:07 AM »
The election is next year.  That's a long time to wait but we can get rid of her then

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2009, 03:08:13 AM »
At least one local attorney of her own political party is seriously interested, in addition to a local Democrat who runs in most elections and will probably run in 2010 as well. But no announcements have been made yet and I'm not going to announce names until they decide to do so.

Rick is that person still interested in the Prosecutor's job?  She doesn't seem to be improving.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »
At least one local attorney of her own political party is seriously interested, in addition to a local Democrat who runs in most elections and will probably run in 2010 as well. But no announcements have been made yet and I'm not going to announce names until they decide to do so.

Darell Email me and let's see is we are thinking of the same people...and I promise I won't say a word to anyone, the email will be deleted.

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2009, 11:36:29 PM »
The election is next year.  That's a long time to wait but we can get rid of her then

Cowboy I'll sure be glad when her term is up...and to think some around here thought it couldn't get any worse.

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2009, 11:38:04 PM »
See they read this site.. LOL

Rick, where did you move your store to?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2009, 11:54:40 PM »
Haven't spoke to them recently about it.

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2009, 06:32:24 PM »
It is closed permanently.

Damn, sorry to hear that Rick