Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 147922 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2009, 06:51:38 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 14, 2009, 09:46:39 PM »
Good post you have her nailed to a tee

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 14, 2009, 11:26:32 PM »
That's a good thing. Trust me. ;)

If you say it's good, then it's good:-)

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 14, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »
Cowboy and Coyote, you raise good points about our PA. I have first hand knowledge that she ran her private firm in a non-chalant way. She was disorganized, kept her firm's door's locked during business hours and would only open the door if the person was someone other than a "client. She let all her calls go to voice mail. Return calls to clients were done sporadically. She often complained about the lack of revenue she pulled in, and at one time was extremely upset because she had to pay her taxes via a "credit-card". I have witnessed first hand her tirade with certain members of the Church she attends. Her decision to run for PA was not for the "good of the community", it was, a financial decision. I had already formulated my opinion of Hooper after I witnessed certain scenarios, but ultimately I lost what little respect I had when her decision to run was made soley for financial reasons. While I believe income should be part of the equation when making certain decisions, it should NOT be the one and only motivating factor when running for public office. Although I don't admire her work ethics, or her unorganized agenda and office affairs, she is full of vinegar and oil, which is helpful in the courtroom. There have been pros and cons for every PA we've had. I've had the privelege of working with a few of them. When you work in the public eye, you're not going to please everyone all the time. You will have your supporters and you will have your nay sayers. It goes with the territory. But, in my opinion, Hooper is a "wolf in sheeps clothing" with a hidden agenda.
As far as the budget goes, it's tight. But with a good criminal assisant, someone to handle bad checks (which is usally done through negotiations and restitution), and a good receptionist who does double duty with the court dockets and other needed affairs, it can all be handled within the budget. So that's income for 3 people to work in the PA's office besides the Assistant PA. The child support clerk is a contract position, whereby the State reimburses the county for this position. It's of my opinion that the PA's office is disorganized, with forgotten cases, and many cases being put at the bottom of the docket because of "no-shows". They do not have a good "check and balance" in place for errors or alerts. Every PA has a different "vision" for how they want things done. The PA has to also run a "business". By the time our PA's get elected, a few of them usually don't consider the "business" side of things. They have many cases piled up and are ready to dig into courtroom action. They are trained to be lawyers, and that's what they do best (well some of them anyways), but many don't have a clue how the business side of things should flow.  :wink1a:

Outstanding post.  Several of us are aware of her hidden agendas (she has more than one).  I'm for a lawyer that is full of piss and vinegar when needed, but that's just a small part of the package, and she's far short (no pun intended) of what this county needs.  When a person runs for PA, in my opinion, they are saying they will also take care of the business aspect of the job.  Her inept ability in that area is only one part of how she is short-changing the county.  If she did her job properly, the cost to the Sheriff's Department would also be reduced.  If you or I did our jobs the way she does hers, we would be summarily fired.  She deserves no less.  It's a shame we have to wait until next year and even that is no gurantee

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2009, 07:19:55 AM »
Thanks cowboy and Fedup. I’m laughing at myself Fedup, you used the term “piss and vinegar”. That’s the terminology I was looking for!!!! Thanks!  ;D
I think too, the community should collectively try and define what makes a good candidate for "prosecutor". It’s equally important to understand what being a prosecutor is not: it shouldn’t be a win-loss record, or a mechanical application for every criminal case. At a minimum, one needs a talent for trial work. As for me, I’m looking for someone who is also a people person. Personal qualities are nearly as important as their legal ability, but they should also be sensitive to the needs of the community they represent. I’d be interested in knowing how a Prosecutor or potential candidate defines success.
Showmehillbilly stated that someone went to the office to get something “notarized”. My question is why is the “prosecuting attorney” notarizing documents for the community? In the past, that office usually assigned the “child support clerk” to notarize documents because it was needed in their line of work. Hooper could certainly assign anyone in her office to do that job. It disturbs me to think she would ask anyone if they were “trashing her on the PCW”, if that person had said “yes”, would Hooper deny her the service? 
It’s hard work and long hours for any prosecutor, but as a community, how often do we get a chance to understand what our prosecutor is doing for us? There is no website, there is no communication or portal to allow people to better understand what that office does for us, or at best, defining their role in the judicial system. I certainly don’t expect to have a day-by-day account, but I’d like to see that office work proactively with the community in some capacity.

Where did you say you worked?
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline FedUp

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2009, 10:00:30 PM »
Thanks cowboy and Fedup. I’m laughing at myself Fedup, you used the term “piss and vinegar”. That’s the terminology I was looking for!!!! Thanks!  ;D
I think too, the community should collectively try and define what makes a good candidate for "prosecutor". It’s equally important to understand what being a prosecutor is not: it shouldn’t be a win-loss record, or a mechanical application for every criminal case. At a minimum, one needs a talent for trial work. As for me, I’m looking for someone who is also a people person. Personal qualities are nearly as important as their legal ability, but they should also be sensitive to the needs of the community they represent. I’d be interested in knowing how a Prosecutor or potential candidate defines success.
Showmehillbilly stated that someone went to the office to get something “notarized”. My question is why is the “prosecuting attorney” notarizing documents for the community? In the past, that office usually assigned the “child support clerk” to notarize documents because it was needed in their line of work. Hooper could certainly assign anyone in her office to do that job. It disturbs me to think she would ask anyone if they were “trashing her on the PCW”, if that person had said “yes”, would Hooper deny her the service? 
It’s hard work and long hours for any prosecutor, but as a community, how often do we get a chance to understand what our prosecutor is doing for us? There is no website, there is no communication or portal to allow people to better understand what that office does for us, or at best, defining their role in the judicial system. I certainly don’t expect to have a day-by-day account, but I’d like to see that office work proactively with the community in some capacity.

You have another great post, and we have lawyers on both sides of the political arena that fit the bill....and with a greater amount of ability that the current prosecutor.  I just don't see her as successful at anything she has tried.  Like Pete, I am curious where you work:-)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
You are a stand-up woman, Showme.  I applaud you for your persistence and I hope it helps your family.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2009, 08:08:44 PM »
All I would like to know is how long it takes them to prosecute someone that wrote a bad check? They have sent him a letter and he never has responded to it, he wont answer his phone just about ready to go to lincoln myself and beat it out of him.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2009, 11:03:07 PM »
yeah this guy owes me 800.00 and they know where he is just keep telling me it takes time
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2009, 12:32:27 AM »
My mom went in to ask about theirs, the guy owes 900.00 plus and they havent heard a thing!!! They couldnt find the information!

This sounds like the 88 traffic tickets that where found in her desk while she was gone  in December her first year in office. 

Offline jsfwags

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 10, 2009, 05:44:41 AM »
attacked in my own home on Dec. 6th 2008

-no investigation
-no charges
-over $1000 of my firearms still in armory
-over 100 messages for her

.... 0 callbacks

i just want my guns back

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 10, 2009, 02:24:59 PM »
1 more year.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 10, 2009, 06:35:08 PM »
1 more year.

LOL, and as far as she goes, it will be a long one.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2010, 05:04:51 AM »
I agree about Garrabrant, I personally thought he was a pretty sharp attorney and voted for him in the last election however, I would vote for Donald Duck over Deborah Hooper.  Once you have been in the office and have proven not to do a good job you do not deserve a second chance. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
  • "Your Vision is our Creation"
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 08, 2010, 05:39:40 AM »
Speaking of:  there are three voters in this household that will NOT be voting for her.  There was a protection order taken out for a woman and the man broke it 13 times and she refuses to prosecute........13 times.....can you believe that????
The creative one

Treat others as you would want to be treated

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2010, 05:44:49 AM »
one more thing I forgot to add.......she also told the pulaski county legal advocate that is suppose to be there to assist victums of abuse and in situations as such to have NOTHING to do with the victim, doesn't seem right to me.
The creative one

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 08, 2010, 03:17:21 PM »
Well my post was removed due to some slander nonsense, however I will state again I'm hoping an additional party files to run QUICKLY!!

I would like to see David Lowe run. :-)
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 08, 2010, 03:29:19 PM »
There is another party/person running in which will definately get my vote. His  green and white signs are up advertising in a lot of places and I really think that he will do his job well if he gets elected. (crossing fingers for him)
The creative one

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 08, 2010, 03:43:02 PM »
>Thanks cowboy and Fedup. I’m laughing at myself Fedup, you used the term “piss and vinegar”. That’s the terminology I was looking for!!!! Thanks!  ;D

****I commend you for this excellant posting!!! I am currently a law student, and even with my extreme lack of legal experience, I am absolutly discusted with her work ethics, I am ashamed at someone calling themselves an attorney and rarely being prepared, and highly inappropriate attire for a courtroom, I feel if you are planning on getting into such a highly esteemed field such as an attorney you should dress the part----non-negotiable. woman- dress suit (not a moomoo), men suit with tie. Maybe my standards are a little high for this state but that's my opinion.
The creative one

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 08, 2010, 03:59:19 PM »
From my recollection, no one has ever been happy with any prosecuting attorney. When you prosecute people it sure does create some enemies.

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 08, 2010, 04:04:30 PM »
GEEEEEZE.....I can't wait for the next election. Do you know what date it is on?
The creative one

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 08, 2010, 04:18:22 PM »
There is another party/person running in which will definately get my vote. His  green and white signs are up advertising in a lot of places and I really think that he will do his job well if he gets elected. (crossing fingers for him)

I'm sorry having worked with many many many lawyers over many many years especially in a large prosecutors office... a fresh out of law school lawyer is just not going to be a benefit for our county in my opinion.
Women are Angels

Offline Chas

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 08, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »
“ The first thing we do, let’s kill all the lawyers.” To quote Shakespeare.  Since he died in 1616 It is safe to say that lawyers have been causing problems  for a long time. Note: This is meant to be funny and a tad sarcastic. I’m not advocating the killing of anyone.

Offline creationscandle

• The creative one
  • Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 10, 2010, 08:19:06 PM »
I can understand not wanting to have one fresh out of law school. I am glad that the one I am rooting for is not fresh out of law school. This county needs some fresh blood in office, and needs someone that will do the job well, this coming from someone actually seeing him in action.
The creative one

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
99% of lawyers are giving the rest a bad name
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 10, 2010, 09:45:07 PM »
 ***(**& lol! 

99% of lawyers are giving the rest a bad name
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 10, 2010, 10:52:48 PM »
Not trying to be real sarcastic hear, but if there was no investigation, how did your firearms end up in the armory?  did the crooks just take them to the sheriff office and say here, I stole these, will you hold them for me or waht.

attacked in my own home on Dec. 6th 2008

-no investigation
-no charges
-over $1000 of my firearms still in armory
-over 100 messages for her

.... 0 callbacks

i just want my guns back
If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 11, 2010, 12:21:10 AM »
Not trying to be real sarcastic hear, but if there was no investigation, how did your firearms end up in the armory?  did the crooks just take them to the sheriff office and say here, I stole these, will you hold them for me or waht.

I too questioned that post...
Women are Angels

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 11, 2010, 01:03:21 AM »
We have been over this subject several times in the last couple years. The sheriff explained it well..
 :deadhorse:

I too questioned that post...

Offline msheek

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 11, 2010, 01:14:36 AM »
Sorry, guess I missed it.  I will look back and see what the deal is.

We have been over this subject several times in the last couple years. The sheriff explained it well..
 :deadhorse:

If anybody knows MAYNARDS given name please PM me with it.  I will not tell who tells me!

Michael Sheek