Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 147662 times)

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #210 on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:55 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Good work Darrell.  I agree.  For the record, does anybody know how many prosecutions have resulted in a guilty verdict under Mrs. Hooper?  Does anybody know how many cases have not even made it to trial yet under Mrs.Hooper?  I don't know I'm just wondering if anybody has her record and can make it public on here.

Oh honey..... the stories I could tell you...  It's a BAD record, very bad.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 13, 2010, 06:15:52 PM »
The best opinion I have ever seen from you Darrel. Thank you!
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline whatsnew

• I love coffee
  • I must have coffee or I am very grouchy
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 13, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
I will never vote for Debra Hooper.. EVER.
I also will not vote for a son of a criminal defense lawyer for the prosecutors office..
If they ple a case, Is that fair?
Will Jim Thomas have more new clients then he could possibly represent because his son is our prosecutor?
This is far more serious when you add in the inexpierence factor.......
Not acceptable in my book..
So they leaves Mr. Gifford by default, unless someone else runs.
Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
Thats why they call it the present

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 13, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »
I heard that the lawyers support Gifford to be prosecutor because he will press charges on every crime and everyone will have to hire lawyers to defend them.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:30 PM »
Darrell, I have to say that I agree with you 99%, with the exception of your last sentence.  Police officers will be very frustrated to deal with an inexperienced lawyer.  Hooper was inexperienced in criminal law when she was elected and I said it was a mistake then.  Hindsight is always 20/20.... even though sometimes it's nice to say "I told you so", :-) Please know I am just teasing.

I am not endorsing Wayne Gifford, I have very strong opinions on him myself, but if the choice is going to be only between those two... I will choose Gifford.  My personal opinions on the way he carries himself and interacts with the Judges etc. will have to be put aside.  Out of those two, Gifford, KNOWS the law.  That is one benefit he has going for him.  Out of all three, IF they are the only three.... I'm choking while I state this... Wayne Gifford is finally going to get my vote.

Hopefully we'll get another runner before the March 25th meet the candidates at East Elementary!!

Gifford is knows law very well and is good at his job...I realize he rubs some people the wrong way, but he does know the law.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 13, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »
I heard that the lawyers support Gifford to be prosecutor because he will press charges on every crime and everyone will have to hire lawyers to defend them.
[/quote
The greater majority would have public defenders would be my guess.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline pulaskiivoter

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 13, 2010, 08:53:29 PM »
Darrell, where did Jeff Thomas get his law degree?
Was't Gifford prosecutor once before?  Was he deelected or what?  If you were here then, how was he?
Darrell even if it were not outoud, does local law enforcement think any of the three would be better than the other?

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 13, 2010, 10:59:49 PM »
Darrell, where did Jeff Thomas get his law degree?

Cooley Law School in Michigan.

Was't Gifford prosecutor once before?  Was he deelected or what?  If you were here then, how was he?

He's been prosecutor more than once before, having been appointed to fill vacancies; if I understood what he told me recently, he was elected once but then defeated for re-election. What I know about his performance is secondhand and others are better qualified to comment.

Darrell even if it were not outoud, does local law enforcement think any of the three would be better than the other?

What I hear universally is "anybody but Hooper." Beyond that, I think different police chiefs and senior leaders have different opinions.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 14, 2010, 04:40:13 AM »
Wow, that was a good read. I like to see local media take stands on issues. You don't see that much anymore, so I applaud you for that, Darrell. I hope she does answer you. I would be interested in hearing her response.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 14, 2010, 05:30:33 AM »
Prosecution/Prostitution..........Election/Erection
No matter what you call it someone is going to get screwed.....period.
JMHO  :poke:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2010, 06:15:20 AM »
Well said Darrell!! How about getting us some case counts from last year.  Also how many of those cases were changes of venues to Pulaski County.  Why is there cases that have a change of venue out of Pulaski County that have had ZERO action on them since being filed in the new court?  And did she actually file about 300 cases in the last few weeks of the year to make up?   I was planning on putting together the case information but am no longer in the area with easy access to the Circuit Clerks. 

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 14, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »
I'm not even sure why we're even talking about Hooper, surely everyone knows she wont be reelected right? I'm not even sure why she is running again. This election (as of right now) is between Gifford and Thomas.
Women are Angels

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2010, 08:11:40 AM »
I absolutely Hate Gifford, but for the that reason Id vote for him to be  prosicuter, Hes Ruthless, he has no heart, and he has no respect for Judges. My ex sister in law used him in a disability case. he made such an ass out of himself the judge almost threw out the case. This was in St. Louis. He was also my adversary in a divorce case not too long later. he threatened to physically hit my ex wife..( He was her lawyer) for asking questions. He seems to me to be a hack lawyer, but he does know the law and he is a ruthless, heart less , Mean individual, who is what this county needs as a prosicuter. not some lazy ass wannabe . I think this may be his calling. He sure as hell has no other place as a lawyer. My vote will be for him as long as he uses his traits to further the counties betterment. He sucks as a humanitarian. He rules as an a$$hole that gets shit done.
Biscuit

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2010, 03:46:19 PM »
I absolutely Hate Gifford, but for the that reason Id vote for him to be  prosicuter, Hes Ruthless, he has no heart, and he has no respect for Judges. My ex sister in law used him in a disability case. he made such an ass out of himself the judge almost threw out the case. This was in St. Louis. He was also my adversary in a divorce case not too long later. he threatened to physically hit my ex wife..( He was her lawyer) for asking questions. He seems to me to be a hack lawyer, but he does know the law and he is a ruthless, heart less , Mean individual, who is what this county needs as a prosicuter. not some lazy ass wannabe . I think this may be his calling. He sure as hell has no other place as a lawyer. My vote will be for him as long as he uses his traits to further the counties betterment. He sucks as a humanitarian. He rules as an a$$hole that gets shit done.

Ok we share the same opinion.  The Judges dislike him a lot and I'm afraid that reputation won't help us as a county.
Women are Angels

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2010, 01:48:49 AM »
My question is I went to her office today to find out what was going on with the guy who wrote me a bad check last July and all I found out was is last Friday he had court and the lady said all she knew was they pressed charges against him and I could not find out anymore since she was in court. So now what do i need to do? And why did they not contact me about him going to court on the check he wrote to me?
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2010, 02:00:03 AM »
Why is it her staff didn't know any more about it.  Hoops can't be the only source of information or does it make her feel important to be the only one who knows the answer.   We need to DEEM her unnecessary and take her off the ballot without a vote.

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2010, 02:12:28 AM »
I don't know why the lady didn't know more but I sure wish she would have known. But my biggest peeve is not being told about them setting him a court date because I want to know what is going on since it is my money that is being played with here.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2010, 02:31:37 AM »
I don't know why the lady didn't know more but I sure wish she would have known. But my biggest peeve is not being told about them setting him a court date because I want to know what is going on since it is my money that is being played with here.

For the moment, let's set aside the issue of what can or should have happened with victim notification in a bad check case. Our prosecuting attorney may or may not have done things the way they should have been done.

But regardless of what she did or did not do, here's what you can do. Go to Casenet, which you can access here:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do?searchType=name

Type in this guy's name. You'll find all the current or past criminal or civil cases he's ever had, unless they were dismissed for lack of prosecution. Your case will be among them, or ar least should be.

Once you have the case number, everything about the case is an open public record. Anybody can access it, including me as a member of the news media, and I do that on a regular basis. If the online docket doesn't answer your questions -- and it may not -- then go to the second floor of the courthouse to Circuit Court Clerk Rachelle Beasley's office and ask to see the case file paper documents. The court clerks may want to watch you while you read the case file, but it is your legal right as a citizen to review any case file.

The only reason your file might not be accessible would be if the judge still has it in the courtroom, or if the clerks haven't yet had time to put it back in the proper place. You might have to wait a few days, but all your questions should be answerable from the paper court file, and most of your questions should be answerable from the electronic records.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 17, 2010, 02:35:19 AM »
thank you i will do that since it isnt on casenet yet.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 17, 2010, 01:46:31 PM »
thank you i will do that since it isnt on casenet yet.

Kathy is the case showing in CaseNet at all?  If it is not in CaseNet there have been no charges filed unless the accused is a minor. 

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 17, 2010, 02:18:50 PM »
he is no minor and no it isnt showing up on casenet at all, all i know is the secretary in hoopers office said they went to court last friday and that they preseed charges on him for the bad check since it was for 800.00. if he had wrote a check for 500.00 or less he would have only gotten a fine. still makes no sense at all to me.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 17, 2010, 10:46:12 PM »
We had a return check at the fireworks stand that the church runs in July 2004, we just got payment for it last month.  I know there are other more important things for the office to do but I just think that is an extremely long time to wait for a bad check to be resolved.  I'm surprised it didn't just drop off the records in 5 years.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:36 PM »
Any you would think bad checks would be a priority because some of the fees go back to the prosecutors office.  Where I was before funded an investigator and a staff person JUST on collection of bad check fees.
Women are Angels

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 17, 2010, 11:42:34 PM »
There was a time here that the only thing that DID get prosecuted was bad checks...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 18, 2010, 01:29:25 PM »
Biker, I LOVE your signature line! It fits at nearly EVERY level of Government.

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 18, 2010, 03:44:38 PM »
Biker, I LOVE your signature line! It fits at nearly EVERY level of Government.

Thanks Jax!  I remember studying Roman history in HS and thinking (way back then!), "wow, that's America".  People don't think it could ever happen to us, but that's just their arrogance talking, because far greater nations have fallen in the past.  I'm happy with how most of our Congressmen in Missouri conduct business, the governor, those in Federal politics and some things at the local level are a completely different story...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 20, 2010, 03:54:53 PM »
Kathy sent you a PM.  It's there.....they just spelled his name wrong. lol

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 20, 2010, 04:09:04 PM »
does anyone know if these three will be at the meet the candidates night on the 25th?
Women are Angels

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 20, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »
I believe that meet the candidate night is for school board candidates only.  The Chamber and the Senior centers do some later in the summer for the August/November election.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 20, 2010, 06:05:00 PM »
awww see that serves me right for only reading the big bold print and not the little print. hahaha going too fast all the time for small print. LOL
Women are Angels