Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 147793 times)

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #300 on: May 13, 2010, 03:41:20 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Nearly 2 months ago I asked several questions, and have repeated those questions occasionally over the past 6+ weeks and still no answers.  We differ on the law itself, no big deal I'd be just as happy to challenge it in court as you would be to defend it.  However, you still have not answered the remainder of the questions posed on the thread.

I have looked at the post I am not sure what you want me to answer as I am not the one who votes on the law.  I merely enforce it.  Do I agree with your assertions that this is big daddy government, no I do not.  Is it Constitutional, yes I believe it is.  Can this be enforced, yes just like any other drug offense.  Was this the right thing to do, yes it was.  Did anyone come and speak out against either Waynesville or St. Robert banning this stuff?  Not a single person.

I am all about limited government, but the one place government is permitted to act and should act is protecting law and order.  Does that mean we need a police state, absolutely not.  I have proudly defended folks whose rights were violated and will continue to do so.  But, drugs and the problems they bring are not about a consenting adult choosing to enjoy a smoke on Saturday night.  They are about the heroin addict I ran into today who was arrested for the 4th time trying to get into Wal-Mart to steal.  He'll move onto someone's house so he can steal something to get some money to buy some more heroin.  He is just that hooked, and will stop at nothing to get more.  I have also been in jail talking to a client who was busted for meth and about to lose his daughter, who meant everything to him.  I'll let you imagine the anguish he felt.  It took several rounds of rehab and jail but last time I ran into him he was clean.  He is the exception.  For many of them, it is a revolving door.

I am not trying to preach and I know we disagree, but K2, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. are bad things.  I'll throw alcohol in there.  It's not just the people who use who are the victims, it is the innocent guy driving home who gets hit by someone whose drunk, high, stoned or whatever.  Or it is my client's daughter, who had to go to foster care because mom and dad were both in prison because of meth.  K2 is bad stuff, just ask the inventor who called smoking it like Russian Roullette.  The K2 ban was the right thing to do not so much for the users, but for the innocent folks who get in their way.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:56 AM »
I have looked at the post I am not sure what you want me to answer as I am not the one who votes on the law.  I merely enforce it.  Do I agree with your assertions that this is big daddy government, no I do not.  Is it Constitutional, yes I believe it is.  Can this be enforced, yes just like any other drug offense.  Was this the right thing to do, yes it was.  Did anyone come and speak out against either Waynesville or St. Robert banning this stuff?  Not a single person.

I am all about limited government, but the one place government is permitted to act and should act is protecting law and order.  Does that mean we need a police state, absolutely not.  I have proudly defended folks whose rights were violated and will continue to do so.  But, drugs and the problems they bring are not about a consenting adult choosing to enjoy a smoke on Saturday night.  They are about the heroin addict I ran into today who was arrested for the 4th time trying to get into Wal-Mart to steal.  He'll move onto someone's house so he can steal something to get some money to buy some more heroin.  He is just that hooked, and will stop at nothing to get more.  I have also been in jail talking to a client who was busted for meth and about to lose his daughter, who meant everything to him.  I'll let you imagine the anguish he felt.  It took several rounds of rehab and jail but last time I ran into him he was clean.  He is the exception.  For many of them, it is a revolving door.

I am not trying to preach and I know we disagree, but K2, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. are bad things.  I'll throw alcohol in there.  It's not just the people who use who are the victims, it is the innocent guy driving home who gets hit by someone whose drunk, high, stoned or whatever.  Or it is my client's daughter, who had to go to foster care because mom and dad were both in prison because of meth.  K2 is bad stuff, just ask the inventor who called smoking it like Russian Roullette.  The K2 ban was the right thing to do not so much for the users, but for the innocent folks who get in their way.

Great post.    :{:{:    :th_gen129:    ***(**&    ###$%%^&

Offline DerekW

• Life's Short, Play Naked!
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2010, 06:14:42 AM »

My guess is somewhere between 75-80% of crime committed is a result of a chemical dependency or a mental condition.  All of this property crime that is occurring in this county (burglary, break-ins, shoplifting etc) is because criminals are stealing so they can afford to buy another hit of heroin or another round of meth.  It is really sad to see what someone will do to feed their addiction.  Yes, I realize that alcohol has many of the same evils, but prohibition was tried and was a complete disaster.  Is it a perfect solution, no, but it is what the law says.

Therefore, as prosecutor, I intend on prosecuting drug crimes aggressively and fairly.  Many of these folks needs to be sent to prison, many need to be sent to rehab, some to both.  If the State outlaws K2 which seems likely, I'll prosecute those who break the law.

Is there any REAL chance of getting a drug court in Pulaski County? If I am not mistaken the courts did a pilot drug court in Texas County.

oops~ this is Jax. I just happen to be on Derek's computer at the moment. :sleepy1a:
"Most of us know perfectly well what we ought to do; our trouble is that we do not want to do it."  -Peter Marshall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPbIls0iOnI

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:01 PM »
Kevin... you made a blanket statement "I am not trying to preach and I know we disagree, but K2, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. are bad things." and that concerns me.  Cocaine is used by Physicians.  One use is to for numbing, so that a broken nose can be fixed.  Have you had a cancer ridden family member vomit excessively, cry out in pain?  Marijuana HAS medicinal properties, has LESS side effects than the "legal" meds used, yet I watched my Father die, and am presently watching another family member suffer, because of blanket statements like that from our Legislators.  Educate yourself about the truths concerning these drugs........
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2010, 01:04:19 PM »
Kevin... you made a blanket statement "I am not trying to preach and I know we disagree, but K2, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, meth, etc. are bad things." and that concerns me.  Cocaine is used by Physicians.  One use is to for numbing, so that a broken nose can be fixed.  Have you had a cancer ridden family member vomit excessively, cry out in pain?  Marijuana HAS medicinal properties, has LESS side effects than the "legal" meds used, yet I watched my Father die, and am presently watching another family member suffer, because of blanket statements like that from our Legislators.  Educate yourself about the truths concerning these drugs........

You are confusing a prosecutor with legislators.  The prosecutor only enforces the laws that are made, he/she doesn't make the laws.  If you want to change the law then call the people who change them. 
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2010, 01:35:11 PM »

I was referring to illegal uses of drugs, not ones prescribed by a physician.  I am not a legislator, only a prosecutor, so I enforce the laws not make them. 

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2010, 03:20:03 PM »
Marijuana isnt bad and its clogging up our prison systems.  Almost every other country in the world has legalized marijuana.  America couldnt even begin to tax it so it stays illegal.  It better than presription meds and most definitly alchohol.  Yet alchohol gets a pass because its taxable.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2010, 03:34:14 PM »
While i agree that pot is not the worst thing we could have legalized, Almost every country in the world HAS NOT legalized it. In fact, most countries have stiffer laws than us concerning possestion and sales. Most of Eurpope is is a major crime to be cought with it. The only country to try to legalize it was Holland , but they went too far and legalized other drugs too, and it really back fired on them and now, it is illegal in Holland also.
But I do agree that the government should take over the control of production, and sales, similar to tobacco, and alcohol, but then the agency would be have to be called ATF and POT or PATF or ATFP or FATP
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 13, 2010, 03:40:54 PM »
Is there any REAL chance of getting a drug court in Pulaski County? If I am not mistaken the courts did a pilot drug court in Texas County.

oops~ this is Jax. I just happen to be on Derek's computer at the moment. :sleepy1a:

bump......please answer, I believe that the prosecutor is the right person to ask about this since i don't currently have the ear of a judge.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 13, 2010, 03:44:37 PM »
While i agree that pot is not the worst thing we could have legalized, Almost every country in the world HAS NOT legalized it. In fact, most countries have stiffer laws than us concerning possestion and sales. Most of Eurpope is is a major crime to be cought with it. The only country to try to legalize it was Holland , but they went too far and legalized other drugs too, and it really back fired on them and now, it is illegal in Holland also.
But I do agree that the government should take over the control of production, and sales, similar to tobacco, and alcohol, but then the agency would be have to be called ATF and POT or PATF or ATFP or FATP

I think the main problem with legalized marijuana would be the fact that if it was sold in stores like ciggarettes, people could grow it themselves cheaper and distribute it.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:30 PM »
bump......please answer, I believe that the prosecutor is the right person to ask about this since i don't currently have the ear of a judge.

I believe they have or are seeking a grant for a drug court like the one that exists in Texas County.  So yes, they are working on it as far as I know.

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 13, 2010, 04:02:20 PM »
Thank you.....I have been hearing that for 3 years now but I am not expecting that you can do anything about it. I just believe that it would be really helpful for this county

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 13, 2010, 04:09:29 PM »
Kevin, while I am WELL aware you are not a Legislator, I have to sit back and wonder....how aggressive will you be at prosecuting someone with a small amount of marijuana, who is suffering from cancer, MS, AIDS, etc?  These are things that need to be considered.

Marijuana is illegal for two reasons... first and foremost, the pharmaceutical companies can't make money on it, and two, our Government hasn't figured out how to make money on it, because it is such an easy plant to grow.  If, I had to do over again... the hell with what was legal, I would have done my best to obtained it for my Father's comfort during his passing.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 13, 2010, 04:36:26 PM »
Kevin, while I am WELL aware you are not a Legislator, I have to sit back and wonder....how aggressive will you be at prosecuting someone with a small amount of marijuana, who is suffering from cancer, MS, AIDS, etc?  These are things that need to be considered.

Marijuana is illegal for two reasons... first and foremost, the pharmaceutical companies can't make money on it, and two, our Government hasn't figured out how to make money on it, because it is such an easy plant to grow.  If, I had to do over again... the hell with what was legal, I would have done my best to obtained it for my Father's comfort during his passing.

I have never prosecuted, nor have I seen someone prosecuted, for the situation you describe.  Again, medical situations are not what I was talking about.  I am talking about the drug users who are victimizing the people in this county.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:54 PM »
I am well aware that hard drugs cause alot of crimes, but I am curious to see what percentage of crimes Marijuana users cause. (Other than being caught with the substance.)
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:23 PM »
Rofl, do marijuana users even leave their houses, except to grab some munchies?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 13, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »
Excellent answer Kevin, but I do feel you need to know (in your heart and mind), how you will go forward in such a situation.  Just because you haven't prosecuted, nor seen prosecution for such a thing, reality is.... it can very well happen.  In the State of Missouri, there is NO medicinal marijuana....it is illegal to possess, or grow it.  There have been people prosecuted for possession/growing of marijuana, who used it for medicinal purposes.  Google John Wilson of New Jersey, a Multiple Sclerosis patient. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7170696
Google Peter McWilliams, Jonathan Magbie, paraplegic James Montgomery... use your resources and find out how many people are still in prison for possession of marijuana, who had serious conditions such as cancer, AIDS, MS, etc.  You may be surprised to find out they were prosecuted for possession of marijuana, they were using as medication.  Yes, people have been, and still are being prosecuted for MEDICINAL marijuana.  Think about it Kevin, because you will be the one to decide how aggressive such cases will be handled here.

I'm sorry, but I've personally seen the suffering... I am presently seeing the suffering, and it nauseates me to see such injustices, because the pharmaceutical companies can't line their filthy pockets off the backs of seriously ill people. 

I agree, we have to get drugs such as Meth off the streets, and I applaud all the effort our PD has put into accomplishing this, but is it in the best interest, financially, of our community, to go after non-violent/non-victimizing crime of medicinal marijuana possession/growing?

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 13, 2010, 06:12:51 PM »
The problem is if its illegal, its illegal plain and simple, once someone gets away with using or possesing for medicinal purposes it opens pandoras box for anyone to claim medicinal use or possesion. 

Offline Happy Family

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 13, 2010, 06:43:02 PM »
Kari, I know Kevin Hillman and I think I can tell you 2 things about him that may ease your concerns regarding this situation.
#1 Kevin is smart enough to know better than to publicly post that he wouldn't aggressively prosecute medicinal marijuana use. Whether he would or he wouldn't, he knows better than to post it. There are people out there with serious drug problems who are already searching for easy ways to get out of trouble. They are desperate enough to claim anything.
#2 Kevin has a family and knows the pain he would feel to watch any of them go through something so horrific as the pain often associated with cancer.  I am not claiming to know what he would do or that he won't prosecute the law, just that he can be a compassionate person when compassion is what is necessary for that particular situation.

He has my vote.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 13, 2010, 06:56:08 PM »
Kari, I know Kevin Hillman and I think I can tell you 2 things about him that may ease your concerns regarding this situation.
#1 Kevin is smart enough to know better than to publicly post that he wouldn't aggressively prosecute medicinal marijuana use. Whether he would or he wouldn't, he knows better than to post it. There are people out there with serious drug problems who are already searching for easy ways to get out of trouble. They are desperate enough to claim anything.
#2 Kevin has a family and knows the pain he would feel to watch any of them go through something so horrific as the pain often associated with cancer.  I am not claiming to know what he would do or that he won't prosecute the law, just that he can be a compassionate person when compassion is what is necessary for that particular situation.

He has my vote.

Very well put!
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 13, 2010, 08:54:26 PM »
I am not making my decision based on my question, but I am most interested in HOW each candidate answers such difficult questions.

I am aware that the Prosecutor DOES have the right to make recommendations to the Judge, also has the right to determine IF a case is such, that it warrants prosecution.  I have watched Prosecutors "drag their legs" on cases, as I'm sure many of you have also witnessed, while rushing to get others listed on the docket.

I believe this race is going to be one of the more interesting ones, and I look forward to hearing each candidate's views.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 13, 2010, 10:36:52 PM »
The problem is if its illegal, its illegal plain and simple, once someone gets away with using or possesing for medicinal purposes it opens pandoras box for anyone to claim medicinal use or possesion. 

Aren't there, already, a whole host of drugs that are illegal if you don't have a prescription ?  So whats the difference?

Offline taximan

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 14, 2010, 02:20:44 PM »
I have done alot of reading on this thread, and just finally getting around to throwing in my two cents, so here it goes:

As it is painfully obvious, this thread has been an anti Hooper thread.  That being said, I've read things from evidence being lost on an arson case, to not prosectuing somebody who wrote an 800 dollar bad check.  I've read how this board supports Kevin Hillman and how even the sheriff endorses him, which is wierd because he is probably not supposed to have an opinion and support the current prosecutor, but that is probably a different subject for a different time.

My point is this:  No matter who gets elected, they will obviously inheret the case load that Hooper will undoubtly leave behind.  After the honeymoon period is over, and everyone is done congradulating each other on a job well done of getting elected, that's when the preasure will be and then whomever it is in the seat will be catching the same flack (sp?) as the current prosecuter does. Bottom line, nobody will ever be completly happy with whoever it is, especially when it something that involves them personally.

BTW, after doing some thinking, if somebody writes a bad check for a large amount, they get prosecuted, and do the time that it requires, what good does it do the person?  Aren't they stil out of the money anyway?  Just something that I randomly thought about.

I look foward to whatever responses, both positve and negative, come from my post.

God bless everyone of you.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 14, 2010, 03:58:18 PM »
I have done alot of reading on this thread, and just finally getting around to throwing in my two cents, so here it goes:

As it is painfully obvious, this thread has been an anti Hooper thread.  That being said, I've read things from evidence being lost on an arson case, to not prosectuing somebody who wrote an 800 dollar bad check.  I've read how this board supports Kevin Hillman and how even the sheriff endorses him, which is wierd because he is probably not supposed to have an opinion and support the current prosecutor, but that is probably a different subject for a different time.

My point is this:  No matter who gets elected, they will obviously inheret the case load that Hooper will undoubtly leave behind.  After the honeymoon period is over, and everyone is done congradulating each other on a job well done of getting elected, that's when the preasure will be and then whomever it is in the seat will be catching the same flack (sp?) as the current prosecuter does. Bottom line, nobody will ever be completly happy with whoever it is, especially when it something that involves them personally.

BTW, after doing some thinking, if somebody writes a bad check for a large amount, they get prosecuted, and do the time that it requires, what good does it do the person?  Aren't they stil out of the money anyway?  Just something that I randomly thought about.

I look foward to whatever responses, both positve and negative, come from my post.

God bless everyone of you.

I am sure the rumor about Kevin stems from the fact I will be speaking at his dinner party tomorrow night. For the record I made the same speech offer to both of the other REPUBLICAN PA candidates. I have also said that Kevin has assisted me with legal matters that concern the sheriff for the past several years and his advice has been very welcome.

JB

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 14, 2010, 04:29:12 PM »
Great Question Kari!!
I know I hate to see people using marijauana just because they want to and yes it is illegal. And there are FAR more harmful drugs out there that they are taking! I cant even imagine wanting to put drano or any other mixture of meth into my body. How it doesnt kill them is beyond me. But... I also suffer from MS, RSD (Reflex Sympothetic Dystrophy wich is a constant pain in the nerves of your body that NEVER goes away!) I have had a neck fusion at c6-c7 that never healed corectly due to the fact I was never sent home in a neck brace for the weeks it needed to heal correctly. I has bad scar tissue and demylination right on that area. I have disk degenerative disease and a herniated disk at L1 & L2 that an operation wont help that keeps me in pain when I try and stand to do dishes and sweeping the floor?? I cant even explain how that feels. They recently found 2 leaking valves in my heart as well. Cause by the stress I put myself thru and maybe a littel to do with all of the drugs I used to take for 4 years to try and ease my pain. I took up to 6 percocet (that were prescribed before I got any affect from it because I was on it so long). I am severaly allergic to morphine (stopped my heart) and to demoral! So I have no other drug to take but toradol that helps but doesnt take away the pain. My back teeth are rotten from taking the percocet for so long. My dentist asked why and I had to explain that I was allergic to the other drugs that they could have switched me to. It has torn up my stomach in the process, messed up my digestive system and has costed me I couldnt tell you how many dollar for those drugs. So... I had to stop taking them, requesting them and now jsut try and meditate on the pain. It makes me angry and aggitated and I hate that cause it has changed me as a person living with all of this. I have fibromyalgia on otp of it and to look at me.. I look great and try to keep myself that way in a battle to not let the disease take me!
My doctor told me that if he could give me medical marijana he would! Said it was cheaper, easier on my body all together, a Natuarlly grown herb placed here by god adn all the man made laboratory medicine is NOT going to help me but harm me!
Now what am I do to?  I am divorced now and live on 818..00 a month with a 1,900.00 spendown every 6 months BEFORE medicaid will step in. This means with the currant medicines I take,it costs me 186.00 a month for my meds a month. (no pain meds involved just ones to deal with the depression I suffer because of the pain and the anti anxiety meds im on to calm my nerves to help ease the pain) I have rent, electric,, water, phone, cable,  internet, (anddon go there ,I have no other money to even get out and enjoy life so internet and cable is NEEDED) I have car insurance (mandaded by the state if Not I go to jail and pay dearly that they dont deduct when trying to get help) and I pay life insurance premium on me that is term (somebody has to bury me) and i pay for my 2 kids and grandsons life insurance (who's gonna bury them if I dont?) I also have to buy food, clothes, personal items and feed my dog who is my companion.
What is the answer for this Mr. David Day (you are our representative who was against this) on what I can do?
I have NO family who have the money to help me at all. I have no husband, partner or friends who are capable. Why is an herb, that  helps with pain, calms your nerves and relaxes you that does not cost so much to obtain so bad for our people in this condition? why isnt it available to us?
I believe that if your family member or child for that matter suffered as I do, and right now my right arm by my elbow and up to my shoulder hurts so bad I cant even shift my car, and Im right handed  and it is now going into my neck and head and down my leg! I hurt so bad went to ER and they took xray and nothing wrong with the bone. they said it was an advanced condition due to my MS! I now have to start all over with Drs. to find a way to get help because I have moved to a new state that the help is worse! 
I could use this naturally grown herb to HELP me not HURT me! and it would be so much cheaper!
They dont get violent, they dont kill people when they drive, and it isnt meth, cocaine or any other type drug!
Maybe the government instead of giving bail outs should use that money to help the people who need it to continue to pay and support your federal drug administration?!
I wouldnt wish what I am going thru on my worst enemy! I truely wouldnt and there are more who are suffering more than I with diseases and cancer and etc. and cant find help that is needed with a drug that can do it! Maybe that is why God has it here?? That is why it grows here? It can be regulated! You regulated cigarettes and beer and drugs!! No its not perfect but you did it. This can be the same!

Excellent answer Kevin, but I do feel you need to know (in your heart and mind), how you will go forward in such a situation.  Just because you haven't prosecuted, nor seen prosecution for such a thing, reality is.... it can very well happen.  In the State of Missouri, there is NO medicinal marijuana....it is illegal to possess, or grow it.  There have been people prosecuted for possession/growing of marijuana, who used it for medicinal purposes.  Google John Wilson of New Jersey, a Multiple Sclerosis patient. http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=7170696
Google Peter McWilliams, Jonathan Magbie, paraplegic James Montgomery... use your resources and find out how many people are still in prison for possession of marijuana, who had serious conditions such as cancer, AIDS, MS, etc.  You may be surprised to find out they were prosecuted for possession of marijuana, they were using as medication.  Yes, people have been, and still are being prosecuted for MEDICINAL marijuana.  Think about it Kevin, because you will be the one to decide how aggressive such cases will be handled here.

I'm sorry, but I've personally seen the suffering... I am presently seeing the suffering, and it nauseates me to see such injustices, because the pharmaceutical companies can't line their filthy pockets off the backs of seriously ill people. 

I agree, we have to get drugs such as Meth off the streets, and I applaud all the effort our PD has put into accomplishing this, but is it in the best interest, financially, of our community, to go after non-violent/non-victimizing crime of medicinal marijuana possession/growing?

If there is a prosecuting attorney who is willing to look into this or have an opinion about it that is the one I will be voting for!!
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline hfpd1835

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:07 PM »
over 2 years ago I had a firearm stolen by someone who had already been convicted of felony assult. It was recovered within 48 hours by the PCSD with a confession and the location of the firearm from the person who stole it. I was told it would take a week or 2 to process and we would be able to recover it, next we were told it had been sent to the crime lab and would take a month or so , next we were told it would be 6 months , six months later we were told it still wasnt back , six months after that we were told the same. after a new evidence officer took ove we were told that our firearm had NOT been at the crime lab he had just taken it up himself. The prosicutor told us she wasnt going to file untill it came back from the crime lab with his fingerprints on it so she could get a conviction, Now her office wont even return our calls and are just giving us the run around and wont even tell us whats going on with the case if there is even a case. so much for that whole crime victims bill of rights thing , guess that only applies OUTSIDE of Pulaski County.

Since everyone else seems to be asking questions of Kevin let me throw one out there :
      Is prosecuting repeat offenders who are on probation for violent crimes a priority for you , and do you feel that you can get convictions with a confession even if you dont have fingerprints ?

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2010, 08:12:57 PM »
Great Question Kari!!
I know I hate to see people using marijauana just because they want to and yes it is illegal. And there are FAR more harmful drugs out there that they are taking! I cant even imagine wanting to put drano or any other mixture of meth into my body. How it doesnt kill them is beyond me. But... I also suffer from MS, RSD (Reflex Sympothetic Dystrophy wich is a constant pain in the nerves of your body that NEVER goes away!) I have had a neck fusion at c6-c7 that never healed corectly due to the fact I was never sent home in a neck brace for the weeks it needed to heal correctly. I has bad scar tissue and demylination right on that area. I have disk degenerative disease and a herniated disk at L1 & L2 that an operation wont help that keeps me in pain when I try and stand to do dishes and sweeping the floor?? I cant even explain how that feels. They recently found 2 leaking valves in my heart as well. Cause by the stress I put myself thru and maybe a littel to do with all of the drugs I used to take for 4 years to try and ease my pain. I took up to 6 percocet (that were prescribed before I got any affect from it because I was on it so long). I am severaly allergic to morphine (stopped my heart) and to demoral! So I have no other drug to take but toradol that helps but doesnt take away the pain. My back teeth are rotten from taking the percocet for so long. My dentist asked why and I had to explain that I was allergic to the other drugs that they could have switched me to. It has torn up my stomach in the process, messed up my digestive system and has costed me I couldnt tell you how many dollar for those drugs. So... I had to stop taking them, requesting them and now jsut try and meditate on the pain. It makes me angry and aggitated and I hate that cause it has changed me as a person living with all of this. I have fibromyalgia on otp of it and to look at me.. I look great and try to keep myself that way in a battle to not let the disease take me!
My doctor told me that if he could give me medical marijana he would! Said it was cheaper, easier on my body all together, a Natuarlly grown herb placed here by god adn all the man made laboratory medicine is NOT going to help me but harm me!
Now what am I do to?  I am divorced now and live on 818..00 a month with a 1,900.00 spendown every 6 months BEFORE medicaid will step in. This means with the currant medicines I take,it costs me 186.00 a month for my meds a month. (no pain meds involved just ones to deal with the depression I suffer because of the pain and the anti anxiety meds im on to calm my nerves to help ease the pain) I have rent, electric,, water, phone, cable,  internet, (anddon go there ,I have no other money to even get out and enjoy life so internet and cable is NEEDED) I have car insurance (mandaded by the state if Not I go to jail and pay dearly that they dont deduct when trying to get help) and I pay life insurance premium on me that is term (somebody has to bury me) and i pay for my 2 kids and grandsons life insurance (who's gonna bury them if I dont?) I also have to buy food, clothes, personal items and feed my dog who is my companion.
What is the answer for this Mr. David Day (you are our representative who was against this) on what I can do?
I have NO family who have the money to help me at all. I have no husband, partner or friends who are capable. Why is an herb, that  helps with pain, calms your nerves and relaxes you that does not cost so much to obtain so bad for our people in this condition? why isnt it available to us?
I believe that if your family member or child for that matter suffered as I do, and right now my right arm by my elbow and up to my shoulder hurts so bad I cant even shift my car, and Im right handed  and it is now going into my neck and head and down my leg! I hurt so bad went to ER and they took xray and nothing wrong with the bone. they said it was an advanced condition due to my MS! I now have to start all over with Drs. to find a way to get help because I have moved to a new state that the help is worse! 
I could use this naturally grown herb to HELP me not HURT me! and it would be so much cheaper!
They dont get violent, they dont kill people when they drive, and it isnt meth, cocaine or any other type drug!
Maybe the government instead of giving bail outs should use that money to help the people who need it to continue to pay and support your federal drug administration?!
I wouldnt wish what I am going thru on my worst enemy! I truely wouldnt and there are more who are suffering more than I with diseases and cancer and etc. and cant find help that is needed with a drug that can do it! Maybe that is why God has it here?? That is why it grows here? It can be regulated! You regulated cigarettes and beer and drugs!! No its not perfect but you did it. This can be the same!

Sorry for your problems but I just wanted to say Marijuana cant be regulated anyone can grow it themselves they cant tax it so its not legal end of story.  Your better off just breaking the law and smoking it anyway.  possesing under 35 grams is a misdemeanor with a fine at the worst.  Just find someone who smokes it (there are a ton of people that do that you wouldnt ever think) and get some to illeviate your problems.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2010, 08:52:35 PM »

Sorry for your problems but I just wanted to say Marijuana cant be regulated anyone can grow it themselves they cant tax it so its not legal end of story.  Your better off just breaking the law and smoking it anyway.  possesing under 35 grams is a misdemeanor with a fine at the worst.  Just find someone who smokes it (there are a ton of people that do that you wouldnt ever think) and get some to illeviate your problems.
That is it in a nut shell....they can't figure out how to make money from making it legal, so make it illegal and you can collect court fees, fines, and funds for your prisons to house all those "horrible" marijuana users/growers/suppliers.

I really hope David Day takes the time to REALLY study how medicinal marijuana helps people who need it, discard those that just want it for recreational use and wane illness/disease, see those that are suffering and will continue to suffer, because our Powers that Be, here in Missouri, feel there are alternatives.  Learn what the side effects are of those legal alternatives, research how many people can not use those legal alternatives (like listening), then sit back and figure out WHY you would not do all in your power to help those people by supporting legislation to legalize medicinal marijuana.  All of our Legislators should sit back, and ask themselves why they would rather someone suffer, possibly end up with a criminal record, then to allow them to make an informed choice as to their treatment.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24:18 PM »
It also prudent to note that pharmacutical companies pay hospitals and other huuuuuge amounts of money so their "legal" drugs (that are ten times more addicting and harmful) are the go to's when making the decision on which drugs are to be sold.  I also wouldnt be suprised if they are behind the scenes making sure stuff like medicinal marijuana doesnt get passed. 

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 27, 2010, 10:53:14 PM »
http://www.house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/bills/hb1670.htm  May 14th, 2010, Missouri HB 1670, for medicinal marijuana, did make it to Committee.....
The list of Committee members are listed here http://house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/commit/com170.htm

Now it will be a matter of seeing if it dies in Committee (no hearing date has been set), or if our Legislators actually do their research on the benefits of medicinal marijuana, and discard the old myths/propaganda the pharmaceutical companies, and our previous Government agencies have passed on for decades.