Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 148119 times)

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #330 on: May 27, 2010, 11:27:46 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

BTW, after doing some thinking, if somebody writes a bad check for a large amount, they get prosecuted, and do the time that it requires, what good does it do the person?  Aren't they stil out of the money anyway?  Just something that I randomly thought about.

I went over again the other day and finally found out a new lady had taken over the bad check department and I told her I hadn't heard a thing from anyone and was tired of hearing others say they would find out something and give me a call so she went and got the file herself and seen the guy who wrote me the bad check had not made 1 payment the judge told him to do so it may take me longer to get my money back out of the guy who wrote the check but i don't care next month he will be going to jail for 90 days for not doing as he was told so maybe when he gets out this time he will start making the payments to pay off the check if not he will go back to jail, makes no difference to me how long it takes to get my money but this way this guy is finding out i am not going to be push around anymore and i am going to go to court that day he gets locked up just so i can be there and smile at him so he will see while i am out being able to do things the honest way he will be upset because now he wont be able to spend the summer with some people he wanted to be with all would have been avoided if he had just taken care of the bad check in the first place instead of thinking he was a big shot whom no one would ever bring down.
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 28, 2010, 04:25:43 AM »
over 2 years ago I had a firearm stolen by someone who had already been convicted of felony assult. It was recovered within 48 hours by the PCSD with a confession and the location of the firearm from the person who stole it. I was told it would take a week or 2 to process and we would be able to recover it, next we were told it had been sent to the crime lab and would take a month or so , next we were told it would be 6 months , six months later we were told it still wasnt back , six months after that we were told the same. after a new evidence officer took ove we were told that our firearm had NOT been at the crime lab he had just taken it up himself. The prosicutor told us she wasnt going to file untill it came back from the crime lab with his fingerprints on it so she could get a conviction, Now her office wont even return our calls and are just giving us the run around and wont even tell us whats going on with the case if there is even a case. so much for that whole crime victims bill of rights thing , guess that only applies OUTSIDE of Pulaski County.

Since everyone else seems to be asking questions of Kevin let me throw one out there :
      Is prosecuting repeat offenders who are on probation for violent crimes a priority for you , and do you feel that you can get convictions with a confession even if you dont have fingerprints ?

Yes, repeat and violent offenders are an absolute priority.  I am at the Municipal Judge's Conference right now and we were discussing the difference between someone who screws up once, learns their lesson, and goes on with life.  Then there are the people who do not learn and the second time around need to be put away for as long as possible, to protect society. 

As to the confession question, you can not convict solely on a confession alone.  However, as long as there is some other evidence of the crime, then the confession is a powerful piece of evidence to use against the criminal.  Not knowing all of the facts except what you told me, it seems to me to be enough to go forward with a case.

Your post brings up something else that I have been hearing a lot of from people as I go around the county.  That is the customer service at the Prosecutor's Office is lousy.  Rudeness, not returning calls, telling you different things each time, and blaming law enforcement are not something I will tolerate in my office.

I hope that answers your questions, let me know if it did not.

Thanks,
Kevin
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 28, 2010, 04:37:05 AM »
 :th_thgoodpost:
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 28, 2010, 04:37:43 AM »
we really need a like button here, lol

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 28, 2010, 05:28:21 AM »
Formal invitations have been sent out today to all candidates running for the Prosecuting Attorney of Pulaski County.

This event will be held at the Parker Fine Arts building at the Waynesville Middle School, July 16, 2010 at 6:00 p.m.

Please submit questions that you would like to ask the candidates to blissfullybusy@yahoo.com. They will be reviewed by an impartial moderator and chosen at random at the event.

Any questions, please feel free to contact me via private message.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2010, 12:31:33 PM »
http://www.house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/bills/hb1670.htm  May 14th, 2010, Missouri HB 1670, for medicinal marijuana, did make it to Committee.....
The list of Committee members are listed here http://house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/commit/com170.htm

Now it will be a matter of seeing if it dies in Committee (no hearing date has been set), or if our Legislators actually do their research on the benefits of medicinal marijuana, and discard the old myths/propaganda the pharmaceutical companies, and our previous Government agencies have passed on for decades.

That bill is dead, bills that are killed in the Speakers Office are almost always assigned to a committee on the last day of session.  This one was assigned the same day we adjourned for this session.

I will admit, I have "moved" a little on this issue, as I do recognize that every drug out there (at least almost every drug) has medical use if handled correctly.  The problem that this bill, and others that have been filed in Missouri have, is they are for the most part based on the CA law where you can smoke pot if you have a headache.  I have visited with legislators in CA about the issue (research) and most will tell you that it is out of control.

This bill pretty well says that anyting that causes pain is a reason to get a script, there are almost no restrictions on usage other than you can't use it on school grounds, on a public bus, etc...unless a designated usage area is set up.  Nothing would stop someone from driving down the interstate while using it according to what I read in the bill text.  It also opens the door to use medical marijuana as a defense in other illegal acts (instead of the devil made me do it...).  I am not an attorney, but it was actually an attorney in the legislature who supports medical marijuana that point that one out to me.  This bill also reaches into the employee/employer relationship without spelling out restrictins I think need to be included.  Do we want a guy on the interstate smoothing pavement who just finished his treatment for pain in his leg?

Lastly, this bill also requires a permit be bought to have this as a drug (would be legal under this bill).  I don't believe anyone that is given a script for a legal drug should have to buy a permit, it should be handled like any other drug.

If the advocates of medical marijuana get serious about making it legal for true medical purposes, I will take a look at it with an open mind.  The reason I have opposed the legislation in the past is simply because they are like this one, pretty well opens the door for it to be prescribed for almost any reason.  The use of the term "severe pain" is pretty open ended, most of you ladies would tell us guys that we don't know what "severe pain" is :)

I just think this bill, and the ones that have been filed like it in the past are too open ended.  As I said, if someone files a serious bill dealing with the issue, I am more than happy to look at it with an open mind.

Dave
Political Website:  www.StateRepDay.com
Back Roads Recording:  www.backroadsrecording.com
Band Website:  www.MFNband.net
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/RepDay

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2010, 01:28:25 PM »
David, I have to say that I am happy to read your post that you have "moved" on this subject!!!  I do remember that not that long ago you felt there were other medications that could be used, and this new post shows that you HAVE stepped back and given the use of medicinal marijuana a fresh look with open eyes!!!!!!

I do agree with the vagueness of the bill.  Prescribing medicinal marijuana, because someone has a hangnail, and feels the pain is severe is NOT the proper use of this medication.  As for headaches, I do not believe you are talking about "cluster headaches" that some people do suffer from, and I've discovered (though my research of medicinal marijuana) does respond well to medicinal marijuana.  A plain old headache, is not a cause for medicinal marijuana!  Conditions that medicinal marijuana would be prescribed for should be MEDICALLY DOCUMENTED conditions, not just at the whim of the patient or Doctor.  Unfortunately, I do know some unscrupulous Doctors that would prescribed medicinal marijuana just for the almighty greenback, and "patients" that really want it for recreational purposes.

I also agree that a patient prescribed a medication, should not have to pay for a permit to have their medication, and I applaud you for bringing up that point.  Why should a patient suffering from a condition be "penalized" for having that condition?!  How many of our Senior Citizens are already pinching pennies just to pay co-payments for their medications now.

Medicinal marijuana should have the same restrictions that other pain-killers have, no driving, work restrictions, etc.  I know myself, I will NOT get behind a steering wheel, if I am on pain medication (except Excedrin), because I realize my senses are not up to par (due to the med and possibly the pain).  I'm in that situation right now, due to my recent surgery.  Yes, it's a bummer having to depend on others, BUT I'm looking out for myself and others.....better a little dependent, than spending a lifetime of being sorry!

I really am thrilled that you've opened your eyes, hopefully, a Bill will be written (you may help with that) that can pass and help all those that are presently suffering.  As I said, if I were able to do it over, yes... I would have broken the law to obtain marijuana for my Father, to ease his pain during his dying process.  That is a regret that I must live with.
Proud to have served, US Army, WAC

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »
Do we want a guy on the interstate smoothing pavement who just finished his treatment for pain in his leg?

What is stopping the same guy from taking Percocets, or Vicodens?

Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »

What is stopping the same guy from taking Percocets, or Vicodens?

If a person wants to do that, nothing stops it now (anyone can pop a pill without anyone seeing them), however those medications normally have restrictions on them that the employee/boss work around.  They likely would not be allowed on heavy equipment while using certain drugs.  This bill, in the way it is written, actually prevents the boss from making restrictions in the minds of many legal folks, and I agree that the argument could be made.  I believe the intent is to keep the boss or company from discriminating against someone using it, but because of the vague wording it could prevent any restrictions from being put on the worker.

Dave

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2010, 02:07:59 PM »
If a person wants to do that, nothing stops it now (anyone can pop a pill without anyone seeing them), however those medications normally have restrictions on them that the employee/boss work around.  They likely would not be allowed on heavy equipment while using certain drugs.  This bill, in the way it is written, actually prevents the boss from making restrictions in the minds of many legal folks, and I agree that the argument could be made.  I believe the intent is to keep the boss or company from discriminating against someone using it, but because of the vague wording it could prevent any restrictions from being put on the worker.

Dave

So, if the same restrictions were on the prescribed Marijuana that were on other prescribed meds (narcotics) would you be more apt to legalize it?
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline David Day

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2010, 02:11:56 PM »

So, if the same restrictions were on the prescribed Marijuana that were on other prescribed meds (narcotics) would you be more apt to legalize it?

As I said, if a number of issues were addressed, many of which I spelled out above, I would look at it with an open mind.

Dave

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2010, 03:01:05 PM »
I will never take Percoset again.  Took three in a 24 hour time period last weekend and was sicker than a dog!!!!  Bring on the marijuana.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2010, 03:03:20 PM »
Its clear to me after reading this thread some people dont REALLY know the effects of marijuana.  Its not a pain reliever, you still feel pain you just dont care, your lazy and hungry most of the time.  That is the effects of marijuana.  Your  lucky if people actually even leave their house to do something if they have smoked. 

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
Dude, that's all a good thing.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 28, 2010, 04:03:44 PM »
Dude, that's all a good thing.

Thats what Im saying!!!! Movies 2010

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: May 28, 2010, 05:03:25 PM »
Its clear to me after reading this thread some people dont REALLY know the effects of marijuana.  Its not a pain reliever, you still feel pain you just dont care, your lazy and hungry most of the time.  That is the effects of marijuana.  Your  lucky if people actually even leave their house to do something if they have smoked. 
Actually, you're wrong.  With Multiple Sclerosis, and some other conditions, there's something called spacisity,  which can be EXTREMELY painful and disabling.  Medicinal marijuana works better, and is safer than baclofen to relax the spastic muscles.  Normal muscle relaxers do not work on this kind of neurological condition.  Though the dosage of medicinal marijuana varies, it's normally a very small amount and does not cause the "don't care, lazy, hungry" feeling you spoke of.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
I do know the effects of marijuana (came of age in the age of Aquarius, Love, Sex and Rock and Roll) and if I was in severe pain and possibly the last stages of my life I would take the marijuana in a heartbeat.  We are talking about people who can't leave their house anyway because of pain, people who have lost their appetites because of illness, you are just making a good argument for marijuana for medicinal purposes. 

When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »
im not against it I encourage it actually

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: May 28, 2010, 09:49:50 PM »
The biggest problem I've seen concerning medicinal marijuana is due to those who see it as a "recreational" drug.  It has been given a bad rap and many of our Legislators just can't seem to get pass old myths, and belief that people want it just for recreational purposes.  What these Legislators forget is many medications are abused by people for "recreational purposes", and it's never going to stop.

With that said, I could care less if someone uses it for recreational purposes.  My concern is that those who need it for medicinal purposes have access to it without fear of prosecution, and without fear that dangerous sprays may have been used on it.  There are so many medicinal herbs that have been used by people for thousands of years, yet there is so much "fear" concerning marijuana!  Marijuana has been used in China for at least 2000 years, medicinally.  Most people aren't aware that there are a number of plants that one can legally own, that cause hallucinations.  How many of us have seen Morning Glories?  Wait until it goes to seed and viola!  Morning Glory seeds, Ipomoea, is a hallucinogen.  Are we going to eradicate all Morning Glories and arrest anyone who possesses it's seeds?  To prevent the use of medicinal marijuana, because some people will abuse it, simply punishes those in genuine need of it's medicinal value.

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: May 29, 2010, 01:15:42 PM »
One of my grandmothers was told by her doctor many many years ago to take morning glory seeds for, I think, her blood pressure. Can't remember for sure..It might have been for something else...But you do have to be very careful with them....we had a young man drown several years ago while high on morning glory...

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: May 29, 2010, 02:18:53 PM »
Okie... the seeds are also used as a laxative, it depends on the amount used.  Most people don't want Morning Glories around their gardens because the vines will strangle other plants.  Yep, Morning Glories are violent, drug traffickers!

People really would be shocked to find out what some of our house plants, garden plants, and wild plants can do, yet they are legal to have!

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: May 29, 2010, 02:36:53 PM »
Everyone, please step back from the computer keyboards for a moment, read this thread's drift for the last few days, and ask what it will look like to somebody who is coming here to see what people are saying about Pulaski County Prosecutor Deborah Hooper.

If you haven't been reading for a long time -- and most people haven't -- this thread looks like a bunch of potheads organized a "let's get rid of Hooper as prosecutor" movement, and maybe even convinced our state representative to give prescription pot a second look.

Do the opponents of Deborah Hooper really want to have her start going all over the county, pointing to this website, and saying, "See, this proves I fight crime -- the potheads are organizing to vote me out!"

I don't know of anyone in Pulaski County who is seriously suggesting that we follow the lead of some cities by deciding to stop enforcing drug laws against marijuana. Unless a candidate for prosecutor decides to start advocating a position like that, or is accused of being "soft on pot," I really don't see what the medical marijuana issue has to do with a thread that is designed to discuss Deborah Hooper's performance in office.

Asking Kevin Hillman his position on enforcement of marijuana laws was a legitimate question, and he's answered it. Could I politely suggest that the discussion after that question was asked has veered into areas that help nobody?

There are other threads on this board where medical marijuana could be discussed or has been discussed before. That's the right place for what is being said here.

Personally, I have very little sympathy for those who want to decriminalize marijuana or other similar illegal drug. But there are other places where that can be discussed and I fully support the constitutional right of people to peaceably petition their government for redress of grievances -- even if they're wrong, like the pot legalization people.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: May 29, 2010, 03:38:39 PM »
Thank you, Darrell for addressing this.

I have been thinking about the hijacking, for lack of a better word, of this thread for a while but didn't really know the right way to address the issue.

I follow this thread closely by having the posts sent to my email, which is then sent to my phone. I am sure that most people don't follow that closely but I am equally sure that many people are following this thread.

Is there a way that the medical marijuana/morning glory posts that have come after the candidate's response was made could be removed from this thread and moved to a thread of their own?

It is an important topic and should be discussed but just in a more appropriate area. For that matter it seems that we should have a candidates forum for all candidates in the upcoming elections.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: May 29, 2010, 03:57:01 PM »
DTM, how insulting.... a rational, intelligent discussion as to how a Prosecuting Attorney would address an issue as we had originally started concerning marijuana is NOT a bunch of pot heads discussing how to keep Hooper in Office.  My original question is a legitimate question.  Will our County resources be wasted on prosecuting people who are using marijuana, as a medicine for a serious condition, when other, more serious crimes are neglected.  Had there not been a discussion showing the medicinal value of marijuana, the thoughts of those in the area concerning it, then it would have looked like people just wanting the issue of marijuana, use/possession, overlooked in the criminal justice system.

I, personally, do not endorse Hooper, as many here know I am presently involved in a case (as the victim) that has been drug out far too long. 

Did this thread go a little off course, maybe a tad, but it still is addressing issues that our PA will have to face.  Kevin gave an excellent answer, and I did post that.
This thread, as it states, is about our PRESENT PA, not the candidates, yet that is another area where this thread has gone.  Threads tend to develop a life of their own, according to the interests at the time.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: May 29, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
DTM, how insulting.... a rational, intelligent discussion as to how a Prosecuting Attorney would address an issue as we had originally started concerning marijuana is NOT a bunch of pot heads discussing how to keep Hooper in Office.  My original question is a legitimate question.  Will our County resources be wasted on prosecuting people who are using marijuana, as a medicine for a serious condition, when other, more serious crimes are neglected.  Had there not been a discussion showing the medicinal value of marijuana, the thoughts of those in the area concerning it, then it would have looked like people just wanting the issue of marijuana, use/possession, overlooked in the criminal justice system.

I, personally, do not endorse Hooper, as many here know I am presently involved in a case (as the victim) that has been drug out far too long. 

Did this thread go a little off course, maybe a tad, but it still is addressing issues that our PA will have to face.  Kevin gave an excellent answer, and I did post that.
This thread, as it states, is about our PRESENT PA, not the candidates, yet that is another area where this thread has gone.  Threads tend to develop a life of their own, according to the interests at the time.

Not that he needs defending but I believe he did say that the original question was on point, however it drifted after the answer.  My take on his post was the legalization of Marijuana is not a prosecutor issue it's a legislator issue and one that could be moved to a different thread.  Right now weed is illegal and needs to be prosecuted, not really something that is up for debate.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: May 29, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
Why can't it be regulated and taxed?  Both alcohol and tobacco are and are not hard for an ordinary person to grow or produce.

Sorry for your problems but I just wanted to say Marijuana cant be regulated anyone can grow it themselves they cant tax it so its not legal end of story.  Your better off just breaking the law and smoking it anyway.  possesing under 35 grams is a misdemeanor with a fine at the worst.  Just find someone who smokes it (there are a ton of people that do that you wouldnt ever think) and get some to illeviate your problems.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: May 29, 2010, 05:01:05 PM »
You people make me laugh sooo hard its tough not to come back every few hours for a comical fix....OH NOES my thread isnt about the PA anymore, the original thread is a witchhunt anyway, its not like the lot of you even have a clue as to the inner workings of the legal system, and think what you see on tv is how it happens.  This thread is now going to be about my favorite type of candy bar.

Snickers is a candy bar made by Mars, Incorporated. It consists of peanut nougat topped with roasted peanuts and caramel covered with milk chocolate.[1] Snickers is the best selling chocolate bar of all time and has annual global sales of US $2 billion.[2]
The original Snickers was formerly sold as Marathon in the United Kingdom and Ireland.[3] More recently, Snickers Marathon branded energy bars have been sold in some markets.[4] In May 2008, Mars, Incorporated was rumoured to temporarily re-launch the Marathon bar. 

History
In 1930, the Mars family introduced its second product, Snickers, named after their favorite horse.[6][edit] Renaming in UK and IrelandIn the UK and Ireland, it was originally sold under the name Marathon. Mars standardized many of its global brand names and the name was changed to Snickers in 1990. For 18 months before the name changed, the words "Internationally known as Snickers" were printed on the side of the Marathon wrapper. Following the name change, the bar moved from being Britain's ninth most popular bar to the third most popular.
Mars has since re-registered the original name as a UK trademark. There is also a campaign to rename the bar: Bring Back Marathon[edit] Snickers DuoA replacement for the king size Snickers bar, was launched in the UK in 2004, and designed to conform to the September 2004 Food and Drink Federation (FDF) 'Manifesto for Food and Health'. Part of the FDF manifesto was seven pledges of action to encourage the food and drink industry to be more health conscious.[7] Reducing portion size, clearer food labels, reduction of the levels of fat, sugar and salt were among the FDF pledges. Mars Incorporated pledged to phase out their king-size bars in 2005 and replace them with shareable bars. A Mars spokesman said: "Our king-size bars that come in one portion will be changed so they are shareable or can be consumed on more than one occasion. The name king-size will be phased out."[7]
These were eventually replaced by the 'Duo', a twin bar pack. Though this change to Duos reduced the weight from 3.5 to 3.29 ounces (99 to 93 g), the price remained the same. Splitting it into two bars, enables sharing or saving one bar for another time. The packaging even has step-by-step picture instructions of how to open your 'Duo' into two bars, in four easy-to-follow actions.[8] As Mars stated fulfillment of their promise, the Duo format was met with criticism by the National Obesity Forum and National Consumer Council.[9][edit] Australian recallIn July 2005, tens of thousands of Snickers and Mars Bars were removed from New South Wales store shelves due to a series of threatening letters which resulted in fears the chocolate bars had been poisoned.[10] Mars received letters from an unidentified individual indicating that he planned to distribute poisoned chocolate bars to store shelves.[10] The last letter he sent included a Snickers bar contaminated with a substance which was not identified.[10] This substance was later identified as rat poison. The letters claimed that there were seven additional chocolate bars which had been tampered with which were for sale to the public.[10] As a precautionary measure, Mars issued the massive recall.[10] Mars said that there had been no demand for money, only complaints directed to an unidentified third party.[10][edit] Ingredients Snickers (original)In the US, Snickers ingredients are: milk chocolate (sugar, cocoa butter, chocolate, skimmed milk, lactose, milkfat, soy lecithin, artificial flavor), peanuts, corn syrup, sugar, skim milk, butter, milkfat, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, lactose, salt, egg whites and artificial flavor.[citation needed]
In the UK, Snickers ingredients are: sugar, peanuts, glucose syrup, vegetable fat, skimmed milk powder, cocoa butter, cocoa mass, lactose, demineralised whey powder, milk fat, salt, emulsifiers (soy lecithin, E442), egg white, natural vanilla extract and hydrolysed milk protein. Milk chocolate contains milk solids 14% minimum.[edit] Products containing SnickersIn the early 2000s, deep fried chocolate bars (including Snickers, and Mars bars) became popular at US state fairs, although they had been a local speciality in some fish and chips shops in Scotland for some time[11] despite containing an estimated 440 kilocalories (1,800 kJ) per bar.[12]
In 2006, the UK Food Commission highlighted celebrity chef Antony Worrall Thompson's "Snickers pie",[13] which contained five Snickers bars among other ingredients, suggesting it was one of the unhealthiest desserts ever; one slice providing "over 1,250 kilocalories (5,200 kJ) from sugar and fat alone", more than half a day's requirement for an average adult. The pie had featured on his BBC Saturday programme some two years earlier and the chef described it as an occasional treat only.[14]
The Cheesecake Factory restaurant bakes and sells its own "Snicker's Bar Chunks and Cheesecake" which consists of its own Original Cheesecake with whole Snickers chunks baked right into it. It is topped with peanuts and drizzled with chocolate sauce for the plate presentation. [15][edit] Variations
  • 1970: Snickers Munch
  • 1989: Snickers Ice Cream bar
  • 1996: Snickers Ice Cream cone
  • 2001: Snickers Cruncher bar (rebranded Snickers Munch in some markets, still sold as "Cruncher" in Germany, Egypt, Poland, Latvia, Austria, Slovakia, Israel, Sweden and The Netherlands)
  • 2002: Snickers Almond bar
  • 2002: Cookies & Snickers
  • 2004: Snickers Marathon energy bars
  • 2006: Snickers Duo
  • 2006: Snickers Xtreme (5 grams (0.18 oz) of protein per serving, lack of nougat)
  • 2007: Snickers Dark (dark chocolate)
  • 2008: Snickers Charged (limited edition, contains caffeine, taurine and B vitamins)[16]
  • 2008: Snickers The Lot (Crispy pieces in a thick cream, caramel, sprinkled with a large amount of nuts, covered in chocolate (Australia and New Zealand)
  • 2009: Snickers Fudge
  • 2010: More Nuts, a limited edition featuring 10% higher nut content
Others include:
  • Snickers fun size (also called minis)
  • Snickers Flapjack
  • Peanut Butter Snickers
  • Snickers Gold
  • Snickers Cake
  • Snickers Ice Cream (brownies, bars, tubs, and cones)
  • Snickers Nut N Butter Crunch
  • Snickers Crazy Peanuts (limited edition, sold in Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia)
  • Snickers Hard (limited edition, sold in Armenia, Czech Republic, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland and Slovakia)
  • Snickers 220 V (limited edition, contains guarana and L-carnitine, sold in 2007 in Slovakia and Poland)
  • Snickers P'opables
  • Snickers Hazelnut (Australia, Poland, Duo bar)
  • Snickers Maximus (limited edition, extra chewy caramel, no nougat, sold in New Zealand & Germany only)
  • Snickers miniatures in Celebrations
  • Snickers Maple (limited edition, sold in Canada only)
  • Snickers with Green Filling (limited edition, sold as a tie-in with the movie Shrek the Third.
  • Snickers Adventure Bar (limited edition, sold as Indiana Jones promotion, chocolate, nuts, spice, and coconut flavor)
  • Snickers Rockin' Nut Road (limited edition, sold as Rocky Nut Road in Canada, contains almonds, caramel, marshmallow flavored nougat, dark chocolate)
  • Snickers Chocolate Spread
[edit] Advertising[edit] Super Bowl XLI commercialOn February 4, 2007, during Super Bowl XLI, Snickers commercials aired which resulted in complaints by gay and lesbian groups against the maker of the candy bar, Masterfoods USA of Hackettstown, New Jersey, a division of Mars, Incorporated. The commercial, which had four alternate endings,[citation needed] showed a pair of auto mechanics accidentally touching lips while sharing a Snickers bar. Realizing that they "accidentally kissed", they, in three of the four versions, "do something manly" (mostly in the form of injury, including tearing out chest hair, striking each other with a very large pipe wrench, and drinking motor oil and windshield washer fluid). In the fourth version, a third mechanic shows up and asks if there is "room for three in this Love Boat".
The website for the commercials, since taken down, also featured Super Bowl players viewing the commercials and reacting with disgust to the "kiss".[citation needed] The website said that the commercials would be aired during the upcoming Daytona 500.[citation needed] Complaints were lodged against Masterfoods that the ads were homophobic. Human Rights Campaign president Joe Solmonese is quoted as saying
"This type of jeering from professional sports figures at the sight of two men kissing fuels the kind of anti-gay bullying that haunts countless gay and lesbian school children on playgrounds all across the country."
;[17]Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) president Neil Giuliano said "That Snickers, Mars and the NFL would promote and endorse this kind of prejudice is simply inexcusable." Masterfoods has since pulled the ads and the website.[18][19][edit] Mr. TIn 2008, a European Snickers commercial in which Mr. T fires Snickers bars at a racewalker for being a "disgrace to the man race" was pulled after complaints from a US pressure group that the advertisement was homophobic.[20] The advert originally began airing mid-2007.[edit] NASCARIn NASCAR racing, Snickers (and the rest of the Mars affiliated brands) sponsor Kyle Busch's #18 Toyota for Joe Gibbs Racing. Prior to that the brand served as a primary sponsor for Ricky Rudd's #88 Robert Yates Racing Ford as well as an associate sponsor for the team's #38 car driven first by Elliott Sadler and then by David Gilliland, and an associate sponsor for the MB2 Motorsports #36 Pontiac driven by Derrike Cope, Ernie Irvan, Ken Schrader, and others.

As you can see snickers bars are delicious and go along way in american culture.

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 29, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »
Not that he needs defending but I believe he did say that the original question was on point, however it drifted after the answer.  My take on his post was the legalization of Marijuana is not a prosecutor issue it's a legislator issue and one that could be moved to a different thread.  Right now weed is illegal and needs to be prosecuted, not really something that is up for debate.
Bliss, though I understand your point "weed is illegal and needs to be prosecuted", it IS up to the PA what cases he/she feels merits prosecution.  Example:  Do you prosecute, using tax payers money, with the same zeal,  the 80 year old cancer patient that has 6 months to a year to live, for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, that  you would prosecute a healthy 35 year old (who is in possession of the same amount) using marijuana for recreational purposes only?  There is a real possibility that our PA will come up against such cases, and as tax payers, do you not feel that people have the right to know HOW that money is being used?

Offline kari

• Always looking in.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 29, 2010, 05:14:56 PM »
Waynesvillian, I am still angry that I can not get the Snickers Cruncher bars.... they got me hooked then took them away!  :anger:

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 29, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »
I feel your pain!!!!!! %%$%$$#