Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 148101 times)

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #420 on: June 19, 2010, 04:04:19 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

YankeeTrader, can you please help here by giving up-to-date info to Ed?

I am on the laptop this weekend.  When I get back to the desktop Monday with my bookmarks I will try to get a summary year to date the way I did last time.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 19, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »
See also how many bad checks have been prosecuted while she has been in office.

If I remember right she is using the bad check cases to fund part of her office.  Can't rightly blame her there with the dismal financial picture of our County due to no LE tax helping at least part of it.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 23, 2010, 01:30:37 PM »
Wayne Gifford has accepted the invitation to the debate.  The only candidate I have not heard from is Deborah Hooper.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 23, 2010, 11:45:11 PM »
I grew up knowing Wayne Gifford...been in the home many times. He's just as rude now as he was a little boy. Yes, he fights hard for whomever he's hired by....stepping on anyone in the way is nothing to him. Personally, I'd vote for Mickey Mouse rather than him.

I know this is a little off-topic too but since we're discussing candidates here, I wanted to throw in our two cents.  We have quite the record with Gifford and that man is half nutty.  You simply could not pay me, or anyone in my family for that matter, to vote for this man.  We spent two years dealing with him in a divorce case and during that time, he was so incompetent that he honestly couldn't even get the official decree issued.  In the end he was threatened with contempt by the judge for not performing his job correctly and we we got incredibly close to reporting him to the Mo Bar for fraud when he could not account for the money we had given him and how it had been spent.  Eventually he had to refund us THOUSANDS of dollars because he had taken the money and could not show that any of the portion refunded went to help our case.

I would think that someone who can't even manage to sign and mail in a paper to the courts, would probably have the same kind of record Hooper does.  I simply cannot figure out how this man still has a practice.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 24, 2010, 01:25:11 AM »
Judging by the fact that you were getting divorced, your probably hard to please anyway.

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 24, 2010, 01:39:01 AM »
Judging by the fact that you were getting divorced, your probably hard to please anyway.

Oh that's just mean..   :shame:

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 24, 2010, 11:49:44 AM »

I wasn't getting divorced, Waynesvillian.  Nice try with your little dig there though :).

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 24, 2010, 03:15:09 PM »
"We spent two years dealing with him in a divorce case"   

Offline petersam

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 24, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
"We" as in the royal we.  My family.  It was not my divorce but I think it's cute that you're making my personal experience with Mr. Gifford about the fact that I might have gotten divorced at some point in my life.  Adorable!

Glad to see Gifford's got at least one vote here in town though.

Offline DocWIN0

• Hillbilly Jammer.
  • Lurker
  • PRP Collective
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 29, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »
Quote from: Supporter of Kangaroo-Court
“Sadly, the jury decided the verdict based upon the evidence placed before them,” Hooper said. “Apparently, they did not believe the victim.”

Wow, am i the only one who found this attitude to be disturbing? Perhaps not...Stalin and his cadre of 'professional-witnesses' found 'evidence' to be the major hurdle which blocked the path of a fair trial. Fair for the State anyhow...
United States Submarine Service...Instant Whoop-Ass in a resealable can.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 30, 2010, 11:01:21 AM »
I am on the laptop this weekend.  When I get back to the desktop Monday with my bookmarks I will try to get a summary year to date the way I did last time.

??? ???

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 08, 2010, 03:18:20 AM »
Here are the numbers of criminal cases filed that was requested.  The source for these numbers is the Circuit Clerk's office.  Draw your own conclusions.

Year     Cases Filed          Prosecutor
2000     2458                  Headrick
2001     2070                  Headrick
2002     1823                  Headrick
2003     1496                  Kriebs
2004     1516                  Kriebs
2005     1522                  Kriebs
2006     1709                  Kriebs
2007      977                   Hooper
2008     1022                  Hooper
2009     1022                  Hooper

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 08, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »
These are meaningless statistics.  What does the number of cases filed have to do with anything??  The percentage of convictions would be more meaningful.  I have never heard a candidate campaign on the number of cases he/she intends to file.  Is that what you are running on??

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 08, 2010, 03:34:52 PM »
those numbers next to the Sheriff's calls for service numbers might be interesting.

Here are the numbers of criminal cases filed that was requested.  The source for these numbers is the Circuit Clerk's office.  Draw your own conclusions.

Year     Cases Filed          Prosecutor
2000     2458                  Headrick
2001     2070                  Headrick
2002     1823                  Headrick
2003     1496                  Kriebs
2004     1516                  Kriebs
2005     1522                  Kriebs
2006     1709                  Kriebs
2007      977                   Hooper
2008     1022                  Hooper
2009     1022                  Hooper

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 08, 2010, 03:38:08 PM »
These are meaningless statistics.  What does the number of cases filed have to do with anything??  The percentage of convictions would be more meaningful.  I have never heard a candidate campaign on the number of cases he/she intends to file.  Is that what you are running on??

It doesnt matter half the people in this county would look at that chart and think it was meaningful and 1/3 of the remainder cant even read.

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:21 PM »
So that's why you don't understand the links you post.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 08, 2010, 04:34:08 PM »
God forbid he might want to fight crime here. Really? Really!

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 08, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
Those statistics mean a whole lot if you're the victim in a case that was never filed on.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline taximan

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 08, 2010, 05:07:08 PM »
Is there a statistic showing the number of cases filed verses the number of cases actually prosecuted and sucessfully won?  That number would probably mean a heck of alot more than just mere number of cases filed.

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 08, 2010, 06:35:38 PM »
Amen.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 08, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »
Let me respond to your post.  I posted these numbers because they had been requested and I was able to get the numbers from the Circuit Clerk's office.  I have never stated that I am running on the number of cases I will file.  I think I have stated why I am running a number of times on this site, or I would encourage you to check my website for more info on me.  I am running because I think I am the best person to bring positive changes to the prosecutor's office and run it in a professional manner. 

If you think the current prosecutor is doing a good job and the office is running good, then by all means vote for her.  I would challenge you to speak with the law enforcement officer who work with her while they are off duty and get their opinion.  I would also encourage you to speak with the other people in the courthouse to see what they think.  If they tell you she is doing great, then go with it.

Finally, I will disagree with you that they are meaningless statistics.  I think the conviction rate can be meaningless because a prosecutor could file on only cases they know for sure they are going to win.  Thus, they will have a 100% conviction rate and 10 cases filed in a year.  Do you count plea bargins as a conviction? What about an acquital on the most serious charge and a conviction on something less?  Does that count?  Those can be easily manipulated.  These numbers are the raw numbers and meaningful because either the crime rate dropped by around 40% from 2006 to 2007 or there are not as many crimes being prosecuted in this county.   

Offline bigedd

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 08, 2010, 07:40:55 PM »
Mr. Hillman, I realize you don't know who I am, but I think we have just about beat this horse to death.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 08, 2010, 09:05:13 PM »
You are right, you have the benefit of knowing who I am and I do not know who you are.  Feel free to call me, e-mail me, personal message me, or stop by St. Robert City Hall if you would like to discuss any of my positions.  I realize that as a candidate it is a risk to come on a forum like this and I can be attacked, but I think it is important for people to know who they are voting for and this is one way for them to find out.

Offline CreationsCandleShop

• The Creative one
  • Lurker
  • "Your Visions are our Creations"
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2010, 09:22:35 PM »
Crime has definately NOT dropped, the crimes are not being prosecuted......Remember when the Waynesville square was closed off due to the fact a person sent a lady a letter through the mail which included a white substance in it and she took it to the Sherriffs Dept and hazmat, local police, and local surrounding fire stations were called in to start evacuating the surrounding area (on the Saturday during frogfest). NOTHING was ever done about that felony offense, it was just brushed up under the rug, in fact the man that the Order of protection was taken out against actually broke the order over 10 times and still NOTHING was done. Genice, whom is the pulaski county legal advocate was told by Deborah Hooper NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE VICTUM (which is an offense to be reported to the legal bar). So she had to move out of the state to protect herself........I think this atrocity speaks volumes. And to even try to get to her, the man that had the Order of protection against him even sent mail addressed from the post master (posing as the post master) and she contacted the post master and the post master didn't know anything about it......In any other state these actions above would be considered felony offences or at least brought up on charges.  Maybe it's just me but to pose as a federal official sounds criminal to me.  At least the postal service has opened up two federal investigations so maybe something will be done to stop these types of criminal actions.

****And yes Mr Kevin Hillman, I would love to hear some of your positions in cases like this.

Let me respond to your post.  I posted these numbers because they had been requested and I was able to get the numbers from the Circuit Clerk's office.  I have never stated that I am running on the number of cases I will file.  I think I have stated why I am running a number of times on this site, or I would encourage you to check my website for more info on me.  I am running because I think I am the best person to bring positive changes to the prosecutor's office and run it in a professional manner. 

If you think the current prosecutor is doing a good job and the office is running good, then by all means vote for her.  I would challenge you to speak with the law enforcement officer who work with her while they are off duty and get their opinion.  I would also encourage you to speak with the other people in the courthouse to see what they think.  If they tell you she is doing great, then go with it.

Finally, I will disagree with you that they are meaningless statistics.  I think the conviction rate can be meaningless because a prosecutor could file on only cases they know for sure they are going to win.  Thus, they will have a 100% conviction rate and 10 cases filed in a year.  Do you count plea bargins as a conviction? What about an acquital on the most serious charge and a conviction on something less?  Does that count?  Those can be easily manipulated.  These numbers are the raw numbers and meaningful because either the crime rate dropped by around 40% from 2006 to 2007 or there are not as many crimes being prosecuted in this county.   
"Your Vision is our Creation"

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 09, 2010, 03:21:32 AM »
I do not know all of the facts of the case you are talking about so it is tough for me to comment on it specifically.  However, I will say that I will agressively prosecute cases and incidents such as this will not be swept under the rug.  Sorry I can't be more specific but I just do not know of the incident you are talking about.

Crime has definately NOT dropped, the crimes are not being prosecuted......Remember when the Waynesville square was closed off due to the fact a person sent a lady a letter through the mail which included a white substance in it and she took it to the Sherriffs Dept and hazmat, local police, and local surrounding fire stations were called in to start evacuating the surrounding area (on the Saturday during frogfest). NOTHING was ever done about that felony offense, it was just brushed up under the rug, in fact the man that the Order of protection was taken out against actually broke the order over 10 times and still NOTHING was done. Genice, whom is the pulaski county legal advocate was told by Deborah Hooper NOT TO HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE VICTUM (which is an offense to be reported to the legal bar). So she had to move out of the state to protect herself........I think this atrocity speaks volumes. And to even try to get to her, the man that had the Order of protection against him even sent mail addressed from the post master (posing as the post master) and she contacted the post master and the post master didn't know anything about it......In any other state these actions above would be considered felony offences or at least brought up on charges.  Maybe it's just me but to pose as a federal official sounds criminal to me.  At least the postal service has opened up two federal investigations so maybe something will be done to stop these types of criminal actions.

****And yes Mr Kevin Hillman, I would love to hear some of your positions in cases like this.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 11, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »
Part One
Part One
   All Crime
Year
       Rural

All

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 11, 2010, 06:43:52 PM »
I have posted the Uniform Crime Reports stats on the numbers of arrests in Pulaski County. They are broken down by; rural, and all. They are broken down by part one crimes the ten or so most serious and by part two all REPORTABLE crimes which are the 20 or so most normal crimes. Then at the end we have total arrests for all of Pulaski County as in the 2,321 figure for 2009.

Remember that these are only the 30-35 most common statutes that are violated and filed on. Some govt. employee chose these as the reporting norm and all Pulaski County LE agencies submit the numbers to the UCR system.

So in simple terms you can say that the majority of the 2,321 arrests for 2009 made it to the PA for consideration along with a few others that are not a reportable offense. And you can also say that not every arrest did warrant a case file or PC statement to the PA. Believe it or not most LE weed out bad or weak cases when they can and do not send them forward. You can also say that in many cases of he said/she said the case file is sent to the PA for a final decision on a case that does not have a lot of facts.

So bottom line is that in 2009 roughly 2,321 cases may have gone to the PA for review.

If you want to see what a UCR report looks like go the the MSHP web site and enter a UCR question into the system. I tried to import a UCR PDF file to post here and could not get the job done.

JB

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 11, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
So as the number of crimes increases the number of cases filled goes down.   Doesn't this mean that we are holding more people in county jail at our expense rather than putting them through the system and out of our jail.??  Therefore, Hooper can claim more expense for the county as one of her accomplishments.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 11, 2010, 09:04:19 PM »
So as the number of crimes increases the number of cases filled goes down.   Doesn't this mean that we are holding more people in county jail at our expense rather than putting them through the system and out of our jail.??  Therefore, Hooper can claim more expense for the county as one of her accomplishments.

nah, they are just released to go do it again, cause they cant be held without charges filed
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline taximan

• Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 12, 2010, 11:28:50 AM »
So bottom line is that in 2009 roughly 2,321 cases may have gone to the PA for review.

Using that logic, in 2001, roughly 1656 cases went to the PA for review, and 2070 cases got filed.

The bottom line is that it is easier being on the outside looking in, no matter what it is.  The praises that are heaped upon a person while they are compaigning can quickly disappear once they are in the office they run for.  The thing to remember is that when you are seeking an office that requires people to vote you in, no matter what it is, that makes that person a politician, no matter if it's running for a secratary, a prosecuter, a sherriff, or whatever it is.  You say what it takes to get you there, you say what it takes to keep it.  If you've never had the office before, you don't know all the inside things that go along with it, and no matter what it is, everybody answers to somebody.