Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 148188 times)

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #450 on: July 13, 2010, 08:14:32 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The fact is we need a new prosecuter. Weather it be my fav, your fav or even the agressive guy, we need a new one. too many real criminals have walked due to Hoopers lack of prosecution , just read the news. She is above and beyond the laziest and incompetent prosicuter this county has had in a long while. I say vote for Kevin, hes new blood and not and old fogey like all the others here. lets progress the community, not leave it in old times.
Biscuit

Offline smcollins0359

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 15, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »
Choices for Pulaski County Prosecutor:

As the former Special Agent in Charge of the US Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID) at Fort Leonard Wood, I have had the opportunity to work with and or closely observe the professionalism, effectiveness and other qualifications of many of the attorneys within Pulaski County; consequently, I feel that I should share my observations with my fellow Pulaski County voters.  Of course we all have to make our own decisions, but the more facts and information we have to make informed decisions, the better our decisions generally are.  I donít have strong personal ties to any of the candidates and donít socialize with any of them.  The below input is provided for your consideration and is merely based on my personal observations and opinions.  Please donít take anything I say as anything more than my personal opinion, which is designed to offer information voter should research and come to their own conclusions when it comes time to cast your vote. 

HOOPER:  I can say with relative certainty that most law enforcement officials Iíve worked with in Pulaski County are to say the least disappointed and frustrated by Mrs. HOOPERís performance in the position she currently holds.  She seems to do things her way despite whatever advise or input is offered to her by law enforcement officers, which tends to create a rift between the two communities Ö this is a huge negative in that police and prosecutors should foster strong working relationships , trust and mutual respect.  I think this is going to cost her severely in the upcoming election.  I think she has forgotten that she serves the people of this county and that sheís supposed to be part of a team. 

GIFFORD:  Through all of my experiences with Mr. GIFFORD, he seems very competent as a trial attorney, he has a great deal of litigation experience and is qualified to serve as the District Attorney; however, he is pretty well known for having an abrasive personality, which is not a great trait for any elected official.  In my opinion, this attribute of his personality alone gives me pause in voting for him, as I see a strong potential that he will repeat the mistakes of Mrs. HOOPER in doing things his way and forgetting who he serves and that heís supposed to be a part of a team charged with protecting society. 

HILLMAN:  I was a case agent at Fort Leonard Wood in the mid-1990s when Mr. HILLMAN was a military prosecutor, and I have to say he was pretty good at his job.  He has a good deal of experience and in my opinion is very competent.  He is not a native of the Ozarks, but neither am I Ö Iíve been in and out of the Pulaski County area since 1985, so if this is the criteria for public service neither Mr. HILLMAN nor myself meet it?  Having said that, all of my experiences with Mr. HILLMAN indicate to me that he listens to law enforcement, as well as the will of the people and he tends to make well thought out and sound decisions.  I see him as someone who can rebuild a strong team between the prosecutorís office, law enforcement and the people of this amazing county.  For these reasons, heís earned my vote.   

THOMAS:  By all accounts Mr. THOMAS is a great guy and earnestly wants to do the right thing; however, this time last year he was in law school.  In my opinion the District Attorney of any jurisdiction has to have a proven track record as a litigator Ö they need to intimately understand the ins and outs of the judicial system from a practical rather than theoretical standpoint.  We cannot afford to have him make his rookie mistakes as the District Attorney.  In my opinion his fatherís experience as an attorney no more qualifies him to be a prosecutor than my experience makes my son qualified to be a federal agent. 

I hope this helps some of you Ö all I ask is that we all do our own research and vote based on what we each think is best for the community, not who we grew up with, what party we belong to, or merely what someone else told us.  So donít take anything Iíve said as fact, do the research and come to your own conclusions. 

Very Respectfully,
Shaun M. Collins
Shaun M. Collins

Offline smcollins0359

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 15, 2010, 04:20:51 PM »
Dear Waynesvillian,

I find it interesting that someone unwilling to display their name would assert that an opinion apparently different than yours is bought and paid for?  Nobody on the face of this planet can afford to buy my opinion, which is why I'm not afraid to use my actual name. 
Shaun M. Collins

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 15, 2010, 04:25:00 PM »
u mad?

Offline smcollins0359

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 15, 2010, 04:36:17 PM »
Merely unimpressed.  I would think people would want to develop a strong government, not make a mockery of others attempts to do so.  It would appear we're on here for different reasons.  I don't want four more years of regret ... and you?
Shaun M. Collins

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 15, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »
Well my initial comment was because I was clearly unimpressed about how you managed to rehash what was already said about each and every candidate pretty much word for word by others here, which led me to believe there was an alterior motive afoot, as for the who gets the PA position, i honestly dont care, although with hooper i could rest easy knowing that if I get speeding tickets in Pulaski County there would be a 75% chance nothing would come of it. 

Offline smcollins0359

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 15, 2010, 04:58:10 PM »
That is a much better comment, one that has a point and potentially valid concerns that I think people would be better served by than your initial approach.  However, I did not rehash anyone else’s comments; the comments I wrote were my original thoughts and observations.  If others are saying similar things, they might be an indication of a pattern more than a conspiracy??  I don't want anyone to take anyone’s word for anything ... I want them to become informed and make a good decision.  When we elect officials, we owe it to ourselves to pick the best one possible.  I firmly believe if you're not part of the solution, you are part of the problem and I would urge you to make valid points rather than banter ... you will be helping others and making a positive impact.
Shaun M. Collins

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 15, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »
Reminder:

Debate is tomorrow at 6pm at the Parker Fine Arts building.

All but Hooper will be present for the debate.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 15, 2010, 07:59:15 PM »
InB4 deborah smearing about not attending.......Shooting trials are far more important wouldnt everyone agree?

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 15, 2010, 08:08:17 PM »
InB4 deborah smearing about not attending.......Shooting trials are far more important wouldnt everyone agree?

She had months to prepare for this event and it's at 6pm on a Friday night.  No trial would interfere with this debate.

The point of her not attending is one thing, the fact that she never even bothered to respond is another.

It is just poor etiquette to receive an invitation to something and simply not respond.  That shows a lack of care for anyone else.
Women are Angels

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 15, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
Ill file your response in the Another person having no idea what it takes to try a case file.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 15, 2010, 08:29:13 PM »
Ill file your response in the Another person having no idea what it takes to try a case file.

hahaha If you only knew you would realize how ignorant that statement is. :-)  A simple email, all of 1 minute of time, declining is all it would have taken.  She has been out door to door lately campaigning so she really has had time to respond.  The excuse of a trial is weak at best.
Women are Angels

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 15, 2010, 09:09:52 PM »
Kudos.

Dear Waynesvillian,

I find it interesting that someone unwilling to display their name would assert that an opinion apparently different than yours is bought and paid for?  Nobody on the face of this planet can afford to buy my opinion, which is why I'm not afraid to use my actual name. 

Offline Racer

• View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 15, 2010, 09:16:06 PM »
Choices for Pulaski County Prosecutor:

As the former Special Agent in Charge of the US Army Criminal Investigation Command (CID) at Fort Leonard Wood, I have had the opportunity to work with and or closely observe the professionalism, effectiveness and other qualifications of many of the attorneys within Pulaski County; consequently, I feel that I should share my observations with my fellow Pulaski County voters.  Of course we all have to make our own decisions, but the more facts and information we have to make informed decisions, the better our decisions generally are.  I donít have strong personal ties to any of the candidates and donít socialize with any of them.  The below input is provided for your consideration and is merely based on my personal observations and opinions.  Please donít take anything I say as anything more than my personal opinion, which is designed to offer information voter should research and come to their own conclusions when it comes time to cast your vote. 

HOOPER:  I can say with relative certainty that most law enforcement officials Iíve worked with in Pulaski County are to say the least disappointed and frustrated by Mrs. HOOPERís performance in the position she currently holds.  She seems to do things her way despite whatever advise or input is offered to her by law enforcement officers, which tends to create a rift between the two communities Ö this is a huge negative in that police and prosecutors should foster strong working relationships , trust and mutual respect.  I think this is going to cost her severely in the upcoming election.  I think she has forgotten that she serves the people of this county and that sheís supposed to be part of a team. 

GIFFORD:  Through all of my experiences with Mr. GIFFORD, he seems very competent as a trial attorney, he has a great deal of litigation experience and is qualified to serve as the District Attorney; however, he is pretty well known for having an abrasive personality, which is not a great trait for any elected official.  In my opinion, this attribute of his personality alone gives me pause in voting for him, as I see a strong potential that he will repeat the mistakes of Mrs. HOOPER in doing things his way and forgetting who he serves and that heís supposed to be a part of a team charged with protecting society. 

HILLMAN:  I was a case agent at Fort Leonard Wood in the mid-1990s when Mr. HILLMAN was a military prosecutor, and I have to say he was pretty good at his job.  He has a good deal of experience and in my opinion is very competent.  He is not a native of the Ozarks, but neither am I Ö Iíve been in and out of the Pulaski County area since 1985, so if this is the criteria for public service neither Mr. HILLMAN nor myself meet it?  Having said that, all of my experiences with Mr. HILLMAN indicate to me that he listens to law enforcement, as well as the will of the people and he tends to make well thought out and sound decisions.  I see him as someone who can rebuild a strong team between the prosecutorís office, law enforcement and the people of this amazing county.  For these reasons, heís earned my vote.   

THOMAS:  By all accounts Mr. THOMAS is a great guy and earnestly wants to do the right thing; however, this time last year he was in law school.  In my opinion the District Attorney of any jurisdiction has to have a proven track record as a litigator Ö they need to intimately understand the ins and outs of the judicial system from a practical rather than theoretical standpoint.  We cannot afford to have him make his rookie mistakes as the District Attorney.  In my opinion his fatherís experience as an attorney no more qualifies him to be a prosecutor than my experience makes my son qualified to be a federal agent. 

I hope this helps some of you Ö all I ask is that we all do our own research and vote based on what we each think is best for the community, not who we grew up with, what party we belong to, or merely what someone else told us.  So donít take anything Iíve said as fact, do the research and come to your own conclusions. 

Very Respectfully,
Shaun M. Collins

Thank you for your well stated and professional opinion.

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: July 15, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »
hahaha If you only knew you would realize how ignorant that statement is. :-)  A simple email, all of 1 minute of time, declining is all it would have taken.  She has been out door to door lately campaigning so she really has had time to respond.  The excuse of a trial is weak at best.

Im confused why you think your owed anything?  Actually imo its in hoopers best interest not to attend this debate and let the other 3 candidates lose votes to each other, helping her chances.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #465 on: July 15, 2010, 11:52:30 PM »

Im confused why you think your owed anything?  Actually imo its in hoopers best interest not to attend this debate and let the other 3 candidates lose votes to each other, helping her chances.

I do feel that she owes every one in this county an opportunity to see what she's about, what her skills are and how she thinks she can better this county.  We are HIRING her for a job by electing her.  So yes I do feel she OWES me the courtesy of telling me why she should get my vote. 

I will no longer be addressing you because you are obviously here just to cause a ruckus.  You have stated very clearly that you don't care who's elected and as you stated earlier you probably prefer Hooper because won't get in trouble if you get a speeding ticket.
Women are Angels

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 16, 2010, 12:04:50 AM »
Her no showing the debate show what she thinks of the people of the county,  She has been doing the job for a few days now, how much prep would she have to do?  far less than any of the challengers I would think.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 16, 2010, 08:02:44 AM »
Im glad she isnt showing, people dont need any BS to base their opinions on.
Biscuit

Offline Waynesvillian

• ^^^HAHAHAHAHA^^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 16, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »
I do feel that she owes every one in this county an opportunity to see what she's about, what her skills are and how she thinks she can better this county.  We are HIRING her for a job by electing her.  So yes I do feel she OWES me the courtesy of telling me why she should get my vote. 

I will no longer be addressing you because you are obviously here just to cause a ruckus.  You have stated very clearly that you don't care who's elected and as you stated earlier you probably prefer Hooper because won't get in trouble if you get a speeding ticket.

You werent going to vote for her anyway. Dont you work for hillman anyway?

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #469 on: July 16, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »

You werent going to vote for her anyway. Dont you work for hillman anyway?

No she does not,  She is a professional mom.

JB

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 16, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »

No she does not,  She is a professional mom.

JB

Actually that's inaccurate as well. I work in publishing currently formatting books in foreign languages, but I suppose being a professional mom would make sense given the number of children I have. ahaha
Women are Angels

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #471 on: July 16, 2010, 08:58:11 PM »
Actually that's inaccurate as well. I work in publishing currently formatting books in foreign languages, but I suppose being a professional mom would make sense given the number of children I have. ahaha

Well I will be dinged,  a fellow book writer?????  Welcome aboard! Sorry about the lack of accuracy.
JB

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 31, 2010, 01:48:29 AM »
Hoopers response to the prosecutorial debate was that they lied and she won't come on the gossip site to defend herself. Her words to me..

It was clear to me she reads this gossip site though.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 31, 2010, 02:15:07 AM »
It's common knowledge in this community that many Koreans living around here are American citizens because they're married to soldiers but often don't understand English well enough to follow the news on a regular basis. That means many Koreans have no easy way to know what the candidates believe unless someone translates ads or newspaper articles for them.

In addition to the English-language ads on the Pulaski County Daily News, Jeff Thomas and Kevin Hillman have both arranged to translate their ads into Korean for potential Korean voters.

The ads have been distributed to Korean businesspeople in Pulaski County and also in Korean-owned stores and businesses. However, a lot of people on this site know Koreans, so here are downloadable copies of the Jeff Thomas for Prosecutor ad. These can be viewed online, or downloaded to a computer and printed out using a standard printer.

Feel free to pass these ads on to any Koreans you know who may be interested, or view them yourself if you want to see what a Korean-languge campaign advertisement looks like.

FRONT: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/files/image/UPLOAD-JeffThomasCampaign2010A_Koreanfront.jpg

BACK: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/files/image/UPLOAD-JeffThomasCampaign2010A_Koreanback.jpg
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 31, 2010, 02:42:14 AM »
Darrell, will Kevin Hillman get the same courtesy of posting his bilingual campaign ad that you are providing for Mr. Thomas? I am going out on a limb here and assume that you will be so as not to present the slant of favoritism.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2010, 02:51:01 AM »
Darrell, will Kevin Hillman get the same courtesy of posting his bilingual campaign ad that you are providing for Mr. Thomas? I am going out on a limb here and assume that you will be so as not to present the slant of favoritism.
Please read it again HCC.
"In addition to the English-language ads on the Pulaski County Daily News, Jeff Thomas and Kevin Hillman have both arranged to translate their ads into Korean for potential Korean voters."

Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2010, 03:04:53 AM »
Roger that Maynard! I was referring to the "link" to the actual ad that Darrell made available to "pass on to any Koreans you may know". I did not see the same links for the Hillman ad that was referenced for dissemination. Or am I missing the boat?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »
Roger that Maynard! I was referring to the "link" to the actual ad that Darrell made available to "pass on to any Koreans you may know". I did not see the same links for the Hillman ad that was referenced for dissemination. Or am I missing the boat?
Cool.......I gotcha  :wink1a:   :{:{:
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2010, 03:38:16 AM »
You noticed that too?

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2010, 03:40:05 AM »
Here is the link to my Korean advertisement:  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=150661&l=47a0d2eff4&id=100000960483143

Special thanks to Dr. Anne Maurina for helping to translate this for me.  Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested.

Also, please come and meet me and have some coffee and ice cream on me tomorrow.  7-9 am at Westside Cafe in Waynesville, free cofee.  2-4 pm Tastebuds in Richland (corner of Hwy 7 and A), free ice-cream.
Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman