Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?  (Read 147567 times)

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
Re: How's the Prosecuting Attorney Doing?
« Reply #480 on: July 31, 2010, 03:45:54 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Hoopers response to the prosecutorial debate was that they lied and she won't come on the gossip site to defend herself. Her words to me..

It was clear to me she reads this gossip site though.

Who lied? She better not be suggesting that I lied. The debate was done with absolute integrity.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline HCC

• Wise men argue cases, fools decide them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: July 31, 2010, 03:49:24 AM »
Darrell. When you get a break in your otherwise busy schedule, can you hook a brother up and provide the same relief to Mr. Hillman that you gave to Mr. Thomas? I just know it was an oversight, but really Darrell, where's the love?

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: July 31, 2010, 03:57:31 AM »
Cheapster.

Here is the link to my Korean advertisement:  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=150661&l=47a0d2eff4&id=100000960483143

Special thanks to Dr. Anne Maurina for helping to translate this for me.  Please pass this along to anyone who may be interested.

Also, please come and meet me and have some coffee and ice cream on me tomorrow.  7-9 am at Westside Cafe in Waynesville, free cofee.  2-4 pm Tastebuds in Richland (corner of Hwy 7 and A), free ice-cream.

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #483 on: July 31, 2010, 03:58:02 AM »
Oh Hooper reads this site with vigor, and makes sure everyone at Westside Baptist knows what slanderous lies are spread about her on this site. That dog don't hunt this election cycle Deborah. The opportunity was your's to make a difference and the fault is at your doorstep.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: July 31, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »
Pretty sure she meant the candidates.

Who lied? She better not be suggesting that I lied. The debate was done with absolute integrity.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: July 31, 2010, 04:00:01 AM »
Surprised she defends herself from a gossip site that she shrugs off as insignificant.. Again we shall see how insignificant we gossipers are at the polls.. Theres a lesson we can learn from her..

I think her only saving grace would be that her oponents votes are split between Hillman and Thomas, either way we will get a count on her oponents and her proponents.

Oh Hooper reads this site with vigor, and makes sure everyone at Westside Baptist knows what slanderous lies are spread about her on this site. That dog don't hunt this election cycle Deborah. The opportunity was your's to make a difference and the fault is at your doorstep.

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #486 on: July 31, 2010, 04:08:07 AM »
I am guessing there will be a lot of coffee drunk tomorrow morning, so I'll be paying for it.  I told Dave to make sure the toilets worked. 

Cheapster.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/kevinshillman

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #487 on: July 31, 2010, 04:16:04 AM »
Darrell. When you get a break in your otherwise busy schedule, can you hook a brother up and provide the same relief to Mr. Hillman that you gave to Mr. Thomas? I just know it was an oversight, but really Darrell, where's the love?

I'm trying to handle both of the two Republican challengers equally. Jeff Thomas arranged to send me a JPG version of his ad. If Kevin Hillman does the same, I'll post it as well. (CORRECTION 1: I now have a JPG of Kevin Hillman's ad and will post it soon. CORRECTION 2: it's here: "Korean language version of Kevin Hillman ad for prosecutor now available for free download: http://pulaskicountyweb.com/files/image/UPLOAD-Kevin%20HillmanCampaign2010A.jpg ") I'd even take Deborah Hooper's money if she wanted to pay for an ad, though anybody who knows me realizes ad dollars don't affect my coverage of the race in the slightest bit.

I've been accused repeatedly of favoring candidates in this race. I have only one candidate on whom I am taking a stance, and that's Deborah Hooper, who I believe needs to be voted out of office based on her poor performance record for the past four years.

Jeff Thomas, Kevin Hillman, and Wayne Gifford all have pros and cons. Each of them bring different things to the table, and the prosecutor's office will operate very differently during the next four years depending on which of the three is elected. While there will be major differences, I am fairly sure any of them would be competent prosecutors, and I am very sure any one of the three would be better than what we have now.
Darrell Todd Maurina
Check out the Pulaski County Daily News online newspaper at
http://www.pulaskicountyweb.com
Cell: (573) 433.6733 * FAX: (573) 774-2349
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/darrellmaurina/
Follow me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/darrellmaurina/

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: July 31, 2010, 04:40:09 AM »
Hillmans only con is he has only been here ten years.

I'm trying to handle both of the two Republican challengers equally. Jeff Thomas arranged to send me a JPG version of his ad. If Kevin Hillman does the same, I'll post it as well. (CORRECTION -- I now have a JPG of Kevin Hillman's ad and will post it soon.) I'd even take Deborah Hooper's money if she wanted to pay for an ad, though anybody who knows me realizes ad dollars don't affect my coverage of the race in the slightest bit.

I've been accused repeatedly of favoring candidates in this race. I have only one candidate on whom I am taking a stance, and that's Deborah Hooper, who I believe needs to be voted out of office based on her poor performance record for the past four years.

Jeff Thomas, Kevin Hillman, and Wayne Gifford all have pros and cons. Each of them bring different things to the table, and the prosecutor's office will operate very differently during the next four years depending on which of the three is elected. While there will be major differences, I am fairly sure any of them would be competent prosecutors, and I am very sure any one of the three would be better than what we have now.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: July 31, 2010, 05:44:27 AM »
Im just curious, And Im not bieng snide, But there are also Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, German, Isreali, Cuban, (just to name a few) Peoples here as well. Why Only a Korean Translation outside of English. Plus I thought you had to Speak and write English to be a citizen of this country? Just Curious. Im not attacking any reasoning. Pure Curiosity.
Biscuit

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #490 on: July 31, 2010, 09:55:01 AM »
Im just curious, And Im not bieng snide, But there are also Hispanic, Chinese, Japanese, German, Isreali, Cuban, (just to name a few) Peoples here as well. Why Only a Korean Translation outside of English. Plus I thought you had to Speak and write English to be a citizen of this country? Just Curious. Im not attacking any reasoning. Pure Curiosity.

The candidates would need to speak for themselves on why they have not created a Spanish version of their campaign literature. That's probably the only other foreign language that is commonly spoken around here by people who have limited English fluency. If someone wants to produce Spanish-language campaign material and pay to put it in an advertisement, I will be happy to do so. I used to live in New Mexico and I am quite aware of the benefits of Spanish-language campaign literature.

Political candidates in Pulaski County have produced campaign literature from time to time in Korean. This is not the first time.

Here's why.

Other than Spanish-speakers, military wives account for the vast majority of people in this community for whom English is not their primary language. Thirty or forty years ago, there might have been a fair number of Vietnamese and Japanese wives in this area who spoke minimal English, but that's no longer the case -- we haven't had troops in Vietnam for more than three decades, and while we do have troops in Japan, fewer Japanese women are marrying American soldiers and those who do often have significantly better knowledge of English because of changes in the Japanese educational system. While there are a lot of German wives around here, most of them are quite able to read and write English because they have been taught English for years in their school system.

That simply is not the case for a large portion of the Korean immigrant community. While some of the Korean immigrants in this community are fully fluent in English, the level of fluency required to obtain American citizenship is quite minimal. Being able to read street signs, carry on a conversation, and read a restaurant menu requires a lot less knowledge of English than what is required to read news articles about the performance of elected officials. In addition, the Korean community here has its own network of churches, social organizations, stores, restaurants, and other businesses, which means convincing one Korean to vote for a particular candidate means they're likely to talk about their voting choice to a lot of other people.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #491 on: July 31, 2010, 01:53:21 PM »
You da man Darrell! Wasn't casting dispersion's on you about your public support (or lack their of ) of a specific candidate. I was just busting heavy's on you

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #492 on: July 31, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »
Pretty sure she meant the candidates.

Aww I see.  I just find it disheartening that someone who is supposed to "debate" for a living and basically defend the citizens of the county against criminals, couldn't even come and defend herself.

And Mr. Hillman may only have 10 years in this county, but that's more than Mr. Thomas.  If I'm not mistaken he spent most of his youth with his mother in the St. Louis area, went to college in Florida, law school in Michigan.  He's only 26 years old so adding all that up I'm thinking Mr. Hillman has been here in Pulaski County longer than Mr. Thomas.
Women are Angels

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #493 on: July 31, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
You da man Darrell! Wasn't casting dispersion's on you about your public support (or lack their of ) of a specific candidate. I was just busting heavy's on you

"Busting heavy on Darrell" is NOT a crime. You are free to go.

JB

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #494 on: July 31, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »
If Hooper can't defend herself how can she defend us

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #495 on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

"Busting heavy on Darrell" is NOT a crime. You are free to go.

JB

Sheriff King is right.

I am, at minimum, a "limited public figure" as legally defined by the key case on libel law, New York Times v. Sullivan. At least in the limited context of Pulaski County issues, and probably anyplace else, I'm pretty much fair game for virtually any attack anybody wants to make. It would take attacks which are not only demonstrably false but extreme in their nature for me to successfully make a civil claim for libel and shut an attacker down via the courts.

That's the reality of anybody who chooses to take part in public life, especially public officials but also other public figures.

Personally, I'd rather use facts and logic to respond to attacks rather than lawsuits, but I understand that not everybody feels that free speech is the best way to handle things.

By the way, for those who wonder why a conservative like me is so adamant about free speech and who think I am somehow inconsistent, my views are far from a new concept. You don't need to be a member of the ACLU to believe that prior review and other forms of pre-publication censorship are fundamentally incompatible with a responsible and responsive government. In fact, as the noted Puritan John Milton wrote in 1643: "Let her (truth) and falsehood grapple; who ever knew truth put to the worse in a free and open encounter?"
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: July 31, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »
Just finished with reading the DG and noticed the ad Thomas has in the paper that professes to outline his "REAL EXPERIENCE". He outlines his experience "SINCE 2008". Really? Endless amount of experience wraped up in 1 1/2 years. Well in my opinion, a year and one half of experience does not qualify you as a viable candidate. Get a few more years working for DAD then give it a legitimate go at election. With that limited experience as seen in the DG today, this candidate could potentially manage animal control for the Sheriff Department at best. No offense JB :th_thwhistling: .

I agree with Cowboy in that the best way to address your critics and defend your record is to mix it up with your opponents  :fight: . Not run and hide, and claim everything discussed is a lie  :shame: . She has publically, out of convenience, said what a wonderful job all LE does, but will lambast every LE agency, each Chief of Police and the Sheriff behind closed doors and at Church on Sunday. Can I get an Amen sister  ###$%%^& ?

I've made no bones about my support of Hillman. My support does not come easy. The man outlines graphically his experience, as well does Gifford. But, Hillmans approachability is substantially of higher caliber when dealing with victims than Gifford's. Thomas has Dad's money and Stepmoms time to try and "BUY" him into office. These are not the times to give votes to a candidate that has no, none, zero, nada experience, or to a candidate that has been the absolute worst Prosecuting Attorney ever to hold that office in Pulaski County.

I support Kevin Hillman, and I truly believe in his ability to do the job and "PROTECT" the citizenry. Mrs. Hooper come out from behind the pew, and get on here to let everyone know what your real position is and defend your record. What else do you have to loose? Everything else has been a failure up to this point. Get on here and try to "Rock The Vote"  ###$$#@! . Let us know what you stand for, because up to this point it seems you stand for nothing  :shame: .

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: July 31, 2010, 05:00:48 PM »
Just finished with reading the DG and noticed the ad Thomas has in the paper that professes to outline his "REAL EXPERIENCE". He outlines his experience "SINCE 2008". Really?

And really he didn't even pass the bar until October of 2009, so he's not even been a "real" grown up attorney for a year.  He must be claiming law school as "real" experience. hahaha
Women are Angels

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: July 31, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »
Oh Bliss say it ain't so! I should have checked. Did it take that long for him to get the Cracker Jacks Box open? Just kidding, don't come unhinged. He at least was able to achieve something I would have definitely failed at.

But seriously, 2009. Do most candidates count college lectures as "REAL EEXPERIENCE". Hell, I'm going to shoot for dog catcher in Waynesville then using my online training from ITT.

Offline darrellmaurina

• View Profile
« Reply #499 on: July 31, 2010, 07:36:26 PM »
I will not get into the issue here of whether Kevin Hillman, Jeff Thomas, or Wayne Gifford would make a better prosecutor.

I will say, however, that having personally seen the respective performance of Deborah Hooper as prosecutor and Jeff Thomas as defense attorney in a criminal case now being announced in Jeff Thomas' ads, Thomas is right that he successfully defended a woman in court who was found not guilty after sitting in the county jail for months because she couldn't make bail. Regardless of whether the woman should have been prosecuted by Hooper or not -- and that is a legitimate question -- Jeff Thomas showed that his trial skills, despite limited experience, were considerably more effective than those of Deborah Hooper.

In other words, even though Hooper has far more experience than Thomas, Thomas is still a substantially better lawyer in the courtroom.

Perhaps that's just saying how bad Hooper is, but I can say that after watching young lawyers practice law for decades, Thomas is a competent young lawyer and is a whole lot better than what we have now. I also believe either Hillman or Gifford would be substantial improvements.
Darrell Todd Maurina

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: July 31, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »
Good points all Darrell! So having said that, and due to the lack of organizational skills; inability to properly prepare a winnable case; lack of a systematic chain of custody or accountability of criminal evidence; and no substantiated cooperation with local law enforcement to be able to speak too, is it remotely possible that even the most youngest of candidates with vastly limited experience could make the current PA look like a hack. That is not a platform that holds water.

That is not a chance we need to take, nor be encouraged by if a lack of experience wins you "ONE" case against the current PA. You cannot put a price on experience and demonstrated achievement, with a vastly superior background. One winning case does not make for a viable replacement for the current disaster I voted for the last time. Shame on me once  :shame: , you won't fool me twice or the other votes I will bring on election day.

Offline HCC

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: July 31, 2010, 11:10:11 PM »
According to Darrells report on the candidates finance reports and filings of the same, Mrs. Hooper cannot even get that process done with the proper protocol. Good God Deborah, for the sake of humanity (drama point) get on here and explain yourself.

Help us liars and inuendo experts know what you are really all about and what your position is. Please help me sleep at night knowing you are, at least during your lame duck period, on the job handeling the peoples business. Make me understand.

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 02, 2010, 04:14:37 PM »
That's why I have to press "1" for English, because all citizens are required to speak and write it?  How much could the government save in paper and ink alone if that were true?

Plus I thought you had to Speak and write English to be a citizen of this country?

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 02, 2010, 04:32:48 PM »
According to Darrells report on the candidates finance reports and filings of the same, Mrs. Hooper cannot even get that process done with the proper protocol. Good God Deborah, for the sake of humanity (drama point) get on here and explain yourself.

Help us liars and inuendo experts know what you are really all about and what your position is. Please help me sleep at night knowing you are, at least during your lame duck period, on the job handeling the peoples business. Make me understand.

If Hooper can't defend herself how can she defend us :jester:

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2010, 03:26:11 AM »
I need all of your help to make the positive changes you all have asked for.  Please make sure you vote tomorrow! 
-Kevin

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2010, 04:47:57 AM »
And do it on the Republican ballot.. There is only one contested race on the Democratic side..

I need all of your help to make the positive changes you all have asked for.  Please make sure you vote tomorrow! 
-Kevin

Offline kevinhillman

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 04, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »
Thanks Pulaski County web for your support.  Now we need to set our eyes on November to finish the job.  Thanks to all who voted yesterday!
-Kevin

Offline fireman_jeff

• Common sense isn't so common
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 04, 2010, 12:55:46 PM »
 :{:{: Congrats Kevin. I might know of a certain FD that stood behind you and will do it again in November.  ***(**&
1*

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 04, 2010, 02:33:49 PM »
You will be the next prosecutor, that goes without saying. But we will be sure and support you further..

Thanks Pulaski County web for your support.  Now we need to set our eyes on November to finish the job.  Thanks to all who voted yesterday!
-Kevin

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 04, 2010, 02:40:32 PM »
Wonder how the Lame Duck is doing today and what her reaction is?  Congratulations Kevin on a resounding win.