Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Fired from 911 for the New Year  (Read 14325 times)

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
Re: Fired from 911 for the New Year
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 10:23:25 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Nope BB.....current employee though.  Just search the email through the Yahoo directory to find out who it is. 

I am withholding comments and opinions because I promised the boss I would play nice. LOL

Nice to see your memory still works, now as to the other problem, will the onion in the hanky work again?

JB

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 10:28:56 PM »

Nice to see your memory still works, now as to the other problem, will the onion in the hanky work again?

JB

It's gotta have green boss.  Hehe....I would be happy to talk to the King and court. Hahahahaha

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 10:51:07 PM »
It's gotta have green boss.  Hehe....I would be happy to talk to the King and court. Hahahahaha

Well then I am screwed, green is the one color I will not see. Wish me luck at 9:15am tomorrow as I sit in the hot seat begging for $$$$.

JB
JB

Offline concerned

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 10:54:45 PM »
Just an opinion. I have recently retired after working for 32 years. I have had good and bad supervisors and the same for fellow employees. This situation stinks no matter how you look at it. He should of had at least one chance to be told what he was doing that was so wrong? Just one message on his cell phone "don't bother coming back" is just plain wrong. Even when an employee is compassionate, respectful, intellegent, and devoted to his job and to every single call (like his was), shouldn't mean that he has to be close and loyal to his supervisor. This sounds to me like someone who is getting closer to their supervisor because they have to make up for their lack of professionalism and knowledge of the job (note reference to previous post). I have seen too often, the stereo-typical employee who likes to complain about other employees in order to get closer to the supervisor for their own gain? I wonder what the other agencies who he worked with have to say about his professionalism and job performance? Even if he has resigned to getting past this and moving on, something should be done so it doesn't happen to others. For one person to have this much power is ridiculous. Shouldn't the citizens of the community who are tax payers and probably pay these salaries be able to have some input? Shouldn't the board members get more active and investigate why there is such a big turnover.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 11:10:23 PM »
   Well then I am screwed, green is the one color I will not see. Wish me luck at 9:15am tomorrow as I sit in the hot seat begging for $$$$.

JB
JB

I know boss.  Wish it was different but I know you understand. 

My thoughts are with you!

xyxex_kayn

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 12:03:38 AM »
I agree with the way it was handled by the supervisor want very professional and should have been done in person. That said, if any business people out can confirm, when i taking some business class, that missouri is a "at will" state. Meaning at the will of the employer you can be fired.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 01:43:10 AM »
I wonder if the commissioners found enough money to get that secretary they so badly want.  They damn sure aren't finding it for the Sheriff.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 02:12:28 AM »
I agree with the way it was handled by the supervisor want very professional and should have been done in person. That said, if any business people out can confirm, when i taking some business class, that missouri is a "at will" state. Meaning at the will of the employer you can be fired.

The Pulaski County Employee handbook contains the specific wording that Pulaski County is an AT WILL county and the employee may be terminated at will.
JB

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »

The Pulaski County Employee handbook contains the specific wording that Pulaski County is an AT WILL county and the employee may be terminated at will.
JB

Understand what the employee handbook says, but I didn't think they could just fire someone if they got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or for no reason.

retired1_us

« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:39 AM »
This is one of the few issues I have with the state I am proud to call home now.

The state Labor Statutes lack substance to say the least.  They are all written to benefit the employer.  When no notification is required to release an employee, the average Joe and Josephine are at risk 24/7.  Not much of an incentive to progress in life.

This is how companies like HD Lee were able to pack up overnight and leave the AO for cheaper labor south of the border.  The only contracts they were obligated to were with the cities and municiplities in which they operated.

I realize this thread is about local LE and Emergency personnel, funds are always an issue, etc, etc.  Point being there, back to the statutes.  They are mainly written for corporations - yes, corporations - many of them specify not just corporations, but corporations with seven employees or more.  Many good posts concerning employee / employer relations.......but they only apply to certain working groups.  Which in my humble opinion do not promote enough incentives to the average J to do much more than show up as long as they can and hopefully stay healthy long enough to draw some kind of retirement package.

Read RSMO 290, make your own opinion, but read the law before making assessments of individuals:

http://www.moga.state.mo.us/STATUTES/C290.HTM

Dispatch235

« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2008, 10:47:57 AM »
I do know that Comm Centers job application has a clause that states by signing, you understand that you may be terminated at any time, no reason needed... (or was close enough that was the way I interpreted it, so that I lost interest immediately in ever wanting to work there). 

Understand what the employee handbook says, but I didn't think they could just fire someone if they got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, or for no reason.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 12:00:39 AM »
I was wondering how this all turned out??
Does anyone know? Just curious.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:02 AM »
Going back a ways Maynard or what?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 04:29:04 AM »
Going back a ways Maynard or what?
Yes sir I do go a ways back.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 07:27:13 AM »
Yeah I was reading it like a new post and remembered it. Funny how it just dropped off
Biscuit

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 10:40:23 AM »
Yes sir I do go a ways back.
That's putting it mildly... When Maynard was born the Dead sea was Sick!
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline demo.dave

• Im a veteran of the unspeakable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
I think he got the idea from facebook timeline.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 09:15:55 PM »
I think he got the idea from facebook timeline.
Naw Dave I just hook up with Mr. Peabody and his way back machine.  :woohoo: