Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: St. Robert Detective Greg Snyder!!!!  (Read 8448 times)

Offline Police Friend

• Lurker
    • View Profile
St. Robert Detective Greg Snyder!!!!
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:21:59 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

A couple of weeks ago I had dealing with Detective Greg Snyder and let me tell you what he was the most disrespectful (Police Officer) I have ever met. When you are trying to tell him what is wrong and youíre upset and accidentally interrupt him because you are up set, look out. He gets a nasty look on his face and starts talking to you like you are a dog. In my opinion he gives cops a bad name. I know several people that I ether spoke to him or he stopped when he was an officer. Has anyone else dealt with him? I also know that he reads Pulaski County web so maybe he could respond. 

Offline Margarita

• View Profile
Re: St. Robert Detective Greg Snyder!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
Had dealings with him years ago when he was an officer too.  In fact I went so far as to complain to the assistant chief about his attitude and things he said.  I won't elaborate cause I have to live here.
Until the day God hands over the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven, no one on Earth has the right to judge anyone.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 12:45:03 AM »
Just a suggestion.  Respect is a two way street.  If he does it again,  Say EXCUSE ME, I WAS SPEAKING.  Maybe that will get his attention.  Being a police officer does not mean he has all the power.  This is not a police state.....not yet anyway.

Offline tpgunbiz

• B.M.F.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 12:46:31 AM »
Damn near it.
Biscuit

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• Actions speak louder than words, U have 2 show me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 01:01:21 AM »
I have to agree on this one! I am not involved in a situation that is going on now except knowing the victom of a police officer who sexually assaulted a young woman but we know her and have basically adopted her as one of our own kids (our first child we lost would be her age) and she is honest and sweet and didnt deserve what happened to her. However, this officer abused his power and got her out at her home alone and sexually assaulted her and now is yelling its her word against his and she is getting nowhere with the current DA or the local police department in getting help to make sure this officer is put away for abusing his power and her!!! It makes me sick! I was in the court room with her today and she was so scared and upset that she thought she would pass out because he was present and stared at her and laughed and grinned! I wanted to go right over and slap him in the face it made me so sick. Even went as far as taking out his two earrings so he looked more presentable in front of the judge. Even his lawyer gave her looks as if he won. I will be with her throughout her case because I believe her and seen the handcuff bruises on her wrists. Problem is... he apparently had the same accusations from his previous job but it was the same situation her word against his and that is why he continues to abuse his power!

Please dont stray away from what this one is doing. find some way to record him or have a witness or something to his behavior because cops wont go against their own. I have seen it with my own eyes!

Please pray for this girl as well. It is heartbreaking to see her so upset and scared and today seeing her so upset and telling me she feels like he is the victim and not her. They are going to tear her apart in court as we all know the do to make her look like the bad one. all i do know is... I know this girl have for over 4 years now and I believe her so she needs prayers going her way.

I am by no means putting down all officers of the law. Only the ones who abuse their power and we all know there are some out there that do. Shoot there was even a cop who stopped women who were alone and killing them! (watch cold case files it was on there) took them forever to catch him because it was just him and the women out on a lonely road. One just happened to have gotten away and thats how he was caught.
Damn near it.
You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 05:17:02 PM »
Police Officers are humans just like the personnel in our military.  And we all know that there is a chance of having a bad apple in every such organization.  You can't blame the whole organization for the actions of that bad apple, but you can hopefully identify and remove them when they do such things.  I would think that an officer with the type of additude police friend mentioned would have several complaints in his/her file through the years and action should be taken by the leadership after so many complaints (whatever number that may be).

The situation showme mentions is a lot harder.  But again, from her statements, the guy has a track record that should be brought into this current situation.  Even if you can't prove the complaint, I would suspect the department could still remove the officer based upon that track record.  I was forced to do something similar to this when dealing with NCO's that worked with privates and abused their positions.  Granted it was a he said, she said situation, but after the first time he was given notice.  A similar situation occurred several months later and I removed him from his position for the good of the Army.  I couldn't prove anything, but still aired on the side of caution to protect soldiers.

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 05:25:14 PM »
the officer that sexually assaulted someone, is he from around here???? 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 05:29:23 PM »
Is the city of St. Robert paying for his attorney?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 05:53:04 PM »
he has been removed from his position and out on $50,000.00 bond however the victom was told under no circumstances was she to go public. it was on KY3 and daily guide but they were told to no longer air it. We cant understand why?

Police Officers are humans just like the personnel in our military.  And we all know that there is a chance of having a bad apple in every such organization.  You can't blame the whole organization for the actions of that bad apple, but you can hopefully identify and remove them when they do such things.  I would think that an officer with the type of additude police friend mentioned would have several complaints in his/her file through the years and action should be taken by the leadership after so many complaints (whatever number that may be).

The situation showme mentions is a lot harder.  But again, from her statements, the guy has a track record that should be brought into this current situation.  Even if you can't prove the complaint, I would suspect the department could still remove the officer based upon that track record.  I was forced to do something similar to this when dealing with NCO's that worked with privates and abused their positions.  Granted it was a he said, she said situation, but after the first time he was given notice.  A similar situation occurred several months later and I removed him from his position for the good of the Army.  I couldn't prove anything, but still aired on the side of caution to protect soldiers.

You never know how STRONG you are...until being strong is the ONLY choice you have.
Life Isnt about waiting for the storm to pass...Its about learning to dance in the rain.
Someday someone will walk into your life & make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else!

Offline ShowmeHillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 05:53:59 PM »
worked for Richland came from camdenton. It is on casenet. on KY3 and daily guide.
the officer that sexually assaulted someone, is he from around here???? 

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 06:18:20 PM »
wow... normally, I am a big news fanatic, I can't believe I missed this... Sick stuff that you hear like this, makes me want to keep my daughter locked up at home

Offline Inside Out

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 07:27:57 PM »
Well I can't say I agree with all his tactics and such. But he does get his job done. If it wasn't for Detective Snyder and Detecive Cooley. I know a few criminals that might be running loose. My girlfirend's dad is a former deputy in Howell County . He would be considered a jerk in most peoples book. But he was good at his Job.  Keep in mind these poeple see alot of bad stuff. It can take a toll on your attitude.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 07:33:01 PM »
Fully understand your take on the subject inside out, but police officers deal with the public and should act accordingly IMHO!  Just so you know, most do deal with the public in a professional manner, but the few that don't give many people a bad taste in their mouth.

Offline ncchick

• LIFE IS SHORT, PRAY HARD!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 07:34:30 PM »
let me start off with saying I know Mr. (Det) Snyder, and have even had the pleasure of working with him when i was a dispatcher. I haven't seen Mr. (Det) Snyder be rude or disrespectful to anyone with out reason. so that leads to believe something is missing from the post started this thread. Mr (det) Snyder is a great guy and a Great law enforcement Officer. He should not be condemn for something that might i have been said and taking the wrong way.  Instead he (just like everyother LEO and Firefighter)  should be commended for the things that he does do. Like putting his life on the line everyday for the citizens of st robert and pulaski co. Yes there are bad apples everywhere. but Mr (Det) Snyder is not one of them and should not be catagorized the same way as the one Showme was speaking of. (That sitituation is a very bad one apparently and i have NO connections or comment on that case.) the reason for my post is that one of the Best LEO in this City ( Mr (det) Snyder) is being protrayed as a rude and disrepectful jerk and that is not the case at all he is far from it.
So my opion is this,instead of starting a thread to start whinning about how you interpreted something that may have been said to you by a LEO or even a Firefighter, you should first SUCK IT UP and get over it, then you should take that same energy and commend them for what they do.. And that inculdes Mr (Det) Snyder.
THANK YOU!!! MR (Det) SNYDER
and every other LEO and FIREFIGHTER.
For what you do for this city and it citizens..
THANK YOU 

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 07:37:16 PM »
Personally I have no interaction with LE... However working in customer service I know that some people can be the sweetest people but ask someone else about them and they may possibly say that they are the biggest jerks ever... Not everyone acts the same towards everyone!!!!!!

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 07:38:11 PM »
he has been removed from his position and out on $50,000.00 bond however the victom was told under no circumstances was she to go public. it was on KY3 and daily guide but they were told to no longer air it. We cant understand why?

What the courts told her that, or was it someone else?

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »
let me start off with saying I know Mr. (Det) Snyder, and have even had the pleasure of working with him when i was a dispatcher. I haven't seen Mr. (Det) Snyder be rude or disrespectful to anyone with out reason. so that leads to believe something is missing from the post started this thread. Mr (det) Snyder is a great guy and a Great law enforcement Officer. He should not be condemn for something that might i have been said and taking the wrong way.  Instead he (just like everyother LEO and Firefighter)  should be commended for the things that he does do. Like putting his life on the line everyday for the citizens of st robert and pulaski co. Yes there are bad apples everywhere. but Mr (Det) Snyder is not one of them and should not be catagorized the same way as the one Showme was speaking of. (That sitituation is a very bad one apparently and i have NO connections or comment on that case.) the reason for my post is that one of the Best LEO in this City ( Mr (det) Snyder) is being protrayed as a rude and disrepectful jerk and that is not the case at all he is far from it.
So my opion is this,instead of starting a thread to start whinning about how you interpreted something that may have been said to you by a LEO or even a Firefighter, you should first SUCK IT UP and get over it, then you should take that same energy and commend them for what they do.. And that inculdes Mr (Det) Snyder.
THANK YOU!!! MR (Det) SNYDER
and every other LEO and FIREFIGHTER.
For what you do for this city and it citizens..
THANK YOU  ($@@$ ($@@$ ($@@$ ($@@$

I don't personally know the guy myself and if this would have happened to me, I think I would have driven directly to the Police Station and talked with the Chief.  I would want to make sure that something was placed in his file, so if such behavior continued against other citizens there would be something on file.  I believe I've been stopped by one officer in my many years in this area and he was very nice as he was writing my speeding ticket (ha ha).

Offline ncchick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »
Personally I have no interaction with LE... However working in customer service I know that some people can be the sweetest people but ask someone else about them and they may possibly say that they are the biggest jerks ever... Not everyone acts the same towards everyone!!!!!!

your statement is completely true and i agree with it. However, what we all must keep in mind is that is all in how someone interperts what has or MAY have been said. We all are humans and we all have bad and good days however i know that someone could say something to me one day and i can take it with a grain of salt, on other days someone could say the exact same thing in the exact same tone to me and i take it that day completely out of the context that it was intended.
all im saying is some one may say something to you, but at the end its all in how YOU interpert it. ummmmm!!!!! just food for thought...

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
Give respect, get respect.  YOu don't get respect, then report it up the chain or keep quiet.  None of us here can give you satisfaction.

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 09:38:53 PM »
cops wont go against their own. I have seen it with my own eyes!
I second that!

Give respect, get respect. 
I use to think that.
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Police Friend

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 12:57:39 AM »
I wasnít trying to get any type of satisfaction, just merely stating my opinion about (Det. Greg Snyder) and my be get some more options about him.  Nccchick sounds like she and Det. Greg Snyder are close maybe it is Greg talking.

Well I think Greg is a hot-headed police officer that is very disrespectful. I have spoke with several   people that he has either stopped or spoken with and all agree that his tactics on cases are not great. One such case is that Greg worked a possible sexual assault case at a local hotel were he found several under age kids drinking while working the investigation. It turned out the under age kids were witness to some part of the possible sexual assault. Officer Hicks was speaking with the under age kids and gather more information about the case when (DET. SNYDER) told her to arrest all of the kids for under age drinking ( Misdemeanor ) instead of trying to get more information about the (FELONY) case they were working. (DET. SNYER) told another officer to arrest them and take them to jail and didnít care about what they witnessed. Well the under age kids didnít have anything to say after they got arrested.

Offline ncchick

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 02:11:06 AM »
I wasn’t trying to get any type of satisfaction, just merely stating my opinion about (Det. Greg Snyder) and my be get some more options about him.  Nccchick sounds like she and Det. Greg Snyder are close maybe it is Greg talking.

Well I think Greg is a hot-headed police officer that is very disrespectful. I have spoke with several   people that he has either stopped or spoken with and all agree that his tactics on cases are not great. One such case is that Greg worked a possible sexual assault case at a local hotel were he found several under age kids drinking while working the investigation. It turned out the under age kids were witness to some part of the possible sexual assault. Officer Hicks was speaking with the under age kids and gather more information about the case when (DET. SNYDER) told her to arrest all of the kids for under age drinking ( Misdemeanor ) instead of trying to get more information about the (FELONY) case they were working. (DET. SNYER) told another officer to arrest them and take them to jail and didn’t care about what they witnessed. Well the under age kids didn’t have anything to say after they got arrested.

"Nccchick sounds like she and Det. Greg Snyder are close"
Well Police Friend you are wrong (yet again). My self and Mr. (Det) Snyder are both HAPPILY married to OTHER PEOPLE.  But you know I will take that comment as a complement since that means you put me the same catagory of Mr. (DET) Snyders beautiful and intellegent wife. so thank you for that.
Nor am I Mr. (Det) Snyder.

"Well I think Greg is a hot-headed police officer that is very disrespectful. I have spoke with several   people that he has either stopped or spoken with and all agree that his tactics on cases are not great."

The individuals you have asked about Mr (DET) Snyder, like you said were either "stopped or either spoken with him" which means that they were probably already upset for being stopped or being involved in something that they really shouldnt have been involved in. With situtation like such, peoples emotions are already on a rollercoaster ride and it is easy for MISINTERPERTATIONS in words that MIGHT have said.
Or maybe something was said to Mr (DET) Snyder that put him in a defense mode. Which in that case he still shouldnt be condemned by any person that disrespected Mr (DET) Snyder in the first place.
Mr (Det) Snyder as well as all LEO should be addressed in a respectful manner that they all deserve.

And for the incident that you are mentioning at the hotel, did you ever consider that Mr.(DET) Snyder MAY have been trying to seperate the individuals involved to find out if their storys would remain the same or change when the other parties involved werent around. Which is a tactic that is USUALLY used by LEO to see who is telling the truth or who would break under pressure or to find out the FACTS of whatever incident. but i could see how someone thats most recent involvement with LE that was on the oposing side of the law, would ASSUME that the LEO (whomever that maybe) would think that it was that the LEO didnt appear to care. Rather than KNOWING that it is a tactic that is used in 99% of Police Departments and Sheriff Departments to get to the facts of a case, and not that the LEO didnt care.

Think about it like this, LEO and FIREFIGHTERS have a thankless, and not a well paid job. They are LEO and FIREFIGHTERS because they care about the community and the citizens that they live in it. And thats why they get up and leave their families and go to work when ever duty calls. And people should not cast stones.
I will say it again LEO & FF deserve RESPECT. and should not be condemned because they may have said something that may have been MISINTERPERTATED has beening disrespectful or if a LEO or FF does get a disrepectful tone its because it is WARRANTED...and not because they "JERKS"....
thats my opion. also just fyi i have worked around LEO & FF for 6yrs. and I also married a LEO which i will say it again, and NO is not MR (Det) Snyder.

You wanted more opinions, and thats what i am giving you MY OPINION!!!!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 06:30:41 AM »
Last year I worked with detective Snyder on a fund raiser for the Shop With A Cop program he heads up, and he never once mixed words, never once misunderstood, never once seemed anything but professional in all the dealings I have had with him. He does strike me as a by the book guy, but I like that in a person, means I don't have to be concerned that we're not on the same page at any time during our pre-event meetings, and especially come game day. Everything we discussed/planned went off perfectly without the slightest hitch. Was a pleasure to deal with... He did what he said he would do, I appreciate that in a person.