Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Waynesville Utilities  (Read 8959 times)

Offline Trix

• View Profile
Waynesville Utilities
« on: January 16, 2008, 12:23:12 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

If you put your Waynesville utility bill in the drop box after the 15th at 5:00 you will be charged a late fee !!!   It has always been if the 15th fell on a Sat or Sunday you had the next business day as a grace day not any more and they haven't told anyone this till it happened to me as the 15 was on a Sat in Dec and I dropped it in on Monday in the drop box after 8:00, and you guessed it  I got the late fee but If I would have walked it in the office I would of had no late fee so my question WHY have a drop box if you can't walk out and check it at 5:00 and call that a day but they changed the Rules and didn't bother to tell any of us TAX payers even some of the council members didn't even know of this new RULE so was this a private meeting to make the rules or What!!!!

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
Re: Waynesville Utilities
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 06:14:20 PM »
Sounds like a simple misunderstanding that could be easily fixed by discussing the situation with the utility office.

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »
I went in front of the utility committee and they said thats the way it is its pretty much cut and dry, even councilwomen Stanford said it used to be you had a grace day but Councilmen Howe and Bruce Harrill said they changed it and now there's NO grace you pay the late fee no matter what they wouldn't budge a bit they knew I was coming to the meeting and they were ready to say NO from the beginning. I asked how we were suppose to know they changed it but they don't have to tell you when they change the way the city has always been run maybe thats why Alan Clark and Luge Hardman are not running again its running into a Brick Wall.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 09:06:00 PM »
Isn't that sneaky?  LoL Talk about going low.  I lived in Waynesville for YEARS and never had a problem with my electric bill.  Never.  Then one time, the little card must have gotten mixed in with junk mail and I just forgot about it.  So one Friday I come home from work and have no electric...tried all the breakers, had a friend come over and check, called the property management office and she said, "did you pay your bill. HaHa?"  I looked in my checkbook and son-of-a-gun...I missed it.  So instead of sending a reminder, or calling or tacking it onto the next bill, they just whoop...shut it down and charge you $40 and the payment (at the police station) to get it back on.  I once lived in a city of over 150,000 people and if there was a problem, someone would call to see if everything was ok.  This is a crooked crooked little town.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »
Isn't that sneaky?  LoL Talk about going low.  I lived in Waynesville for YEARS and never had a problem with my electric bill.  Never.  Then one time, the little card must have gotten mixed in with junk mail and I just forgot about it.  So one Friday I come home from work and have no electric...tried all the breakers, had a friend come over and check, called the property management office and she said, "did you pay your bill. HaHa?"  I looked in my checkbook and son-of-a-gun...I missed it.  So instead of sending a reminder, or calling or tacking it onto the next bill, they just whoop...shut it down and charge you $40 and the payment (at the police station) to get it back on.  I once lived in a city of over 150,000 people and if there was a problem, someone would call to see if everything was ok.  This is a crooked crooked little town.

That may be a little harsh, but they do need to make exceptions based upon the situation.  I guess they must have a lot of problems with payments being made late!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:24:56 PM »
wow~ guess i'm glad i don't live in waynesville... i love smaller towns more and more...

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008, 01:16:45 AM »
wow~ guess i'm glad i don't live in waynesville... i love smaller towns more and more...

The bad thing about small towns is everyone knows your business.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 02:13:05 AM »
The City council was on TV tonite and they told about the  electric bills are due by the 15th and NO later what was FUNNY they also told that they are actually due by the 1st but they give you till the 15th to pay  We don't receive them till 30th so how can anyone pay them by the !st WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!! 

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2008, 02:24:35 AM »
The City council was on TV tonite and they told about the  electric bills are due by the 15th and NO later what was FUNNY they also told that they are actually due by the 1st but they give you till the 15th to pay  We don't receive them till 30th so how can anyone pay them by the !st WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!! 

They ought to track how much electic labor is wasted turning service off and then on again because of no grace period.  They may see they are wasting more than ever.  Or require a large deposit.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 02:28:18 AM »
I can't say for sure, because I am not under that utility district, but if you get your bill on the 30th, more than likely what they mean is it is due on the first of the following month.   Then if it is not paid by the 15th, it is considered past due. 
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 02:29:30 AM »
So in reality, they are giving you a 2 week grace period.  From the first to the 15th.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 02:30:46 AM »
They ought to track how much electic labor is wasted turning service off and then on again because of no grace period.  They may see they are wasting more than ever.  Or require a large deposit.

Waste of time? That is not true, it is an avenue for revenue. 40 bucks a pop for flicking a switch!
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 02:31:13 AM »
To clarify, not due BY the First, but ON the first, and due BY the 15th.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 04:32:08 AM »
I have to say something about a couple of the comments here.  I have been on the City Council in Waynesville since 2003, so I think I can speak with a little knowledge of the situation.  The people who work for the City of Waynesville are some of the hardest working people I have ever met.  They are also honest people.  In fact, we have had one "crooked" person who stole money from the City caught by some of the honest people, since I have been with the City.  I hate these blanket statements that cover everyone with doubt and innuendo, even people who don't deserve it at all.  In fact, two of our superintendents are preachers and wonderful men.  So, I take issue with that statement.

In regard to the utility bills, I understand the reasoning behind the disconnects.  You wouldn't believe the number of people who don't pay their bills and this is the only way a city can control that, or, in some cases, we would never get utility bills paid.  Waynesville's utility bills are due on the 15th and the City accepts payment until the 15th.  Allowing that extra day if the 15th falls on a weekend has always been a courtesy offered by the City.  I believe that since this complaint, the City will be adding something to your bill to clarify the procedure for the acceptance of payment. 

The lesson learned is:  if you have questions and concerns, come to the source of the issue and find out what is going on and maybe, even get things changed.  There were never any "secret" meetings to make new policy.  Our committee meetings are always open and posted.  We encourage the public to attend and find out information they are interested in.  People in the public eye are easy targets and sometimes they don't deserve it.
Luge Hardman 

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 10:05:01 AM »
your right Luge but you know not everyone can attend all those meeting so as soon as its changed let people know such as a sign on the drop box that would explain after the 15th at 5:00 you will be charged a late fee and the then everyone will know whats going on and we will surely MISS you when your gone your a GREAT councilwomen and you've made our ward proud of you!!!!

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2008, 04:39:29 PM »
Communication is a key element to government or in this example untilities.  Isn't it wonderful?

Offline Bruce

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 05:15:09 PM »
Thank you Luge for your comments.
Just a quick clarification. The City of Waynesville grace period for utility payments in the drop box extends until 8:30 of the first business day past the 15th.  So in December, the grace period extended until 8:30 on the 17th.  I understand that the issue was that we should extend our grace period for the drop box longer until 5:00 pm on the 17th.  We did consider this, however, extending this deadline would mean that late payments would not be calculated until all payments are entered late on the 17th or on the 18th--which pushes us back another day. At some point we have to have a deadline--if we make it the 16th or 17th-we may still get complaints to extend it an additional day.  All Cities and all utilities that I am know about have late payment fees and many have less of a grace period than Waynesville--so even living in the County does not make someone immune to late fees.  Although, this issue does not come up very frequently, we will be putting more information on our bill to explain.  I would be glad to discuss this issue in more detail or refer it again to the Utility Committee (as this issue was appealed directly to them).
Bruce Harrill
City Administrator
City of Waynesville
774-6171

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
accepting payments in the office on the next business day but not accepting them in the payment box outside the building, if you call the cut off at 8:30 it should be for the inside just like the outside so there's no excuse like to busy to check the drop box that day as I was given!!!

Offline whazup

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
I don't have Waynesville utilities, but with my utility company the due date is the 20th.  I pay by the 20th whether it's Monday through Friday or if it falls on the weekend. I have never assumed dropping it off on Monday morning  (If the 20th was on a Saturday for example), that it would be considered on time.  I never have check out their "grace period" I just assumed if I put it in the box after the 20th, it was late.

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2008, 10:06:00 AM »
waynesville has ALWAYS gave you the next business day if the 15th is on a Sat or Sun. its been this was for at least 14 yrs that I know of when Eula Roam ran the Utilitys

Offline hannahsmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 04:03:10 AM »
I have lived here since December 1976. The policy was if you had your payment in the drop box before it was opened the morning of the business day following the 15th, you were considered on time. Not dropped in the box during that next business day or brought inside... it had to be in the box when it was opened that morning. I well remember because one month we forgot to get it in the box on the weekend and I took it in on Monday morning. We had been here for several years and had never been late, both were business people in the area, etc, and we had to pay the penalty on our house AND our grocery store. While I did not like the extra fee, policy is there for a reason and should be enforced on everyone alike. And this was in the days of Eula.

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 06:27:30 PM »
I always assumed any day after the 15th is considered late. It does not make much sense to wait until the begining of the week to pay..reguardless if the 15th falls on the weekend.

Offline Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 11:45:26 AM »
I would love to see a written policy on utilities, especially if a renter fails to pay their utility bills and the owner of the property has the electricity disconnected. The renter then goes to the city and has the power reconnected while the owner of the property is stuck with a $500 plus bill. However, when you check with the city they cannot produce any written document that outlines a policy. At one time, the owner of the property was consulted before any changes to the utilities could be made, especially if there was an outstanding bill of $500 due. Where is the written policy so the rules are not changed without being approved by the council?