Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Clinton's camp seeks gentler role for Bill  (Read 1361 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Clinton's camp seeks gentler role for Bill
« on: January 28, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Clinton's camp seeks gentler role for Bill Campaign tries to shift ex-president's disposition after Obama's latest winBy Patrick HealyThe New York Timesupdated 1:16 a.m. CT, Mon., Jan. 28, 2008      function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) {         var n = document.getElementById("udtD");         if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) {            var dt = new DateTime();            pdt = dt.T2D(pdt);            if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,(('false'.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true));}         }      }      UpdateTimeStamp('633371014125970000');Democratsinside and outside the Clinton campaign on Sunday debated and in somecases bemoaned the degree to which former President Bill Clinton ’s criticism of Senator Barack Obama last week had inflicted lasting damage on his wife’s presidential candidacy.“Ithink his harsh style hurt Senator Clinton — it polarized the campaignand polarized the electorate, and it also made it harder for SenatorClinton’s positive message to break through,” said Celinda Lake, aDemocratic strategist and pollster who is not affiliated with any ofthe candidates.Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton ’scampaign team, seeking to readjust after her lopsided defeat in SouthCarolina and amid a sense among many Democrats that Mr. Clinton hadinjected himself clumsily into the race, will try to shift the formerpresident back into the sunnier, supportive-spouse role that he playedbefore Mrs. Clinton’s loss in the Iowa caucuses, Clinton advisers said.ButDemocrats said it was not clear whether the effects of Mr. Clinton’shigh profile could be brushed away by having him modulate his campaignstyle. They said Mr. Clinton had upset some of the central themes ofMrs. Clinton’s campaign, including her appeal to women and herassertions that her time in the White House during the 1990s amountedto vital experience rather than a link to a presidency defined as muchby scandal and partisan divisions as by its successes on fronts likethe economy.Despite Mrs. Clinton’smonths-long efforts to build a base of support among women, Clintonadvisers said they were concerned that her husband’s recent prominencemay have dampened her appeal as a strong female leader. Some adviserssaid they feared as much after Mr. Obama won 54 percent of the votefrom women in South Carolina, including 22 percent of white women and78 percent of black women, according to polls.Fears of a 'co-presidency'
Echoing private remarks by some Clinton advisers, Linda L. Fowler, a professor of government at Dartmouth College , said in an interview that she believed Mr. Clinton’s attacks on Mr. Obama had hurt Mrs. Clinton.“Votersdon’t like the idea of a co-presidency, and he became so high profilethat he made people begin to see this as a possible co-presidency,” Ms.Fowler said. “It’s even more problematic because she’s a woman. Itlooks like she either needs him to fight the big battles for her, orshe can’t keep the big dog on the porch.”Aftera week of all-out campaigning by Mr. Clinton in South Carolina, whereMrs. Clinton came in a distant second to Mr. Obama, there is also freshconcern among some advisers that Mr. Clinton’s visibility has dentedher argument that she has the best experience for the job. Theseadvisers expressed concern that the specter of a co-candidacy andco-presidency could bring back elements of the Clinton history thatmany Democrats would just as soon leave behind.Representative Charles B. Rangel ofNew York, a leading supporter of Mrs. Clinton, said on Sunday that Mr.Clinton was going to pull back. “He’s got to,” Mr. Rangel said. “Thefocus has got to get back on Hillary. For all that he cares about hiswife, this has to be her election to win, and it’s become too muchabout his role.”Yet some advisersexpressed concern that Mr. Clinton might prove difficult to rein in,citing the latest furor over the weekend after he compared Mr. Obama’svictories to Jesse Jackson ’s in 1984 and 1988 on Saturday, though Mr. Jackson did not approach the wide margin of Mr. Obama’s win. Adviserssaid Mr. Clinton’s remark was an off-the-cuff reference, but it wasdebated on the Sunday news shows and in the blogosphere as a possibleeffort by the Clinton camp to diminish Mr. Obama’s success in SouthCarolina as simply the result of a black candidate drawing support froma heavily black electorate. Obama decries race reference
Mr. Obama, asked about the remark on the ABC program “This Week With George Stephanopoulos ,” mostly sought to praise Mr. Jackson — a supporter of his — while decrying the injection of race into the campaign.“JesseJackson ran historic races in 1984 and 1988, and there’s no doubt thatthat set a precedent for African-Americans running for the highestoffice in the land,” Mr. Obama said. “I think people want change. Ithink they want to get beyond some of the racial politics that, youknow, has been so dominant in the past.”Mr.Clinton’s ability to be a distraction was evident on Sunday asreporters repeatedly asked Mrs. Clinton about her husband’s role in thecampaign and his comments about Mr. Jackson, which she characterized asbenign.“I think everyone who knows Billknows that he’s both a great student of politics and history, but he’salso somebody who brought our country together,” Mrs. Clinton toldreporters in Memphis.Clinton advisers saidthat Mr. Clinton would continue to campaign nearly full time for hiswife in the days leading up to the Feb. 5 primaries and caucuses in 22states, yet they added that he would take a more positive tone.Theysaid his role would be akin to his effort before the Iowa caucuses,when he highlighted Mrs. Clinton’s record and her policy ideas, and wasused in part to build huge crowds on college campuses rather thanattack Mr. Obama. (It was after her third-place finish in Iowa that Mr.Clinton turned much more aggressive.) The campaign announced Sundaynight that Mr. Clinton would speak on Tuesday at a college in NewJersey, which has a Feb. 5 primary.“BillClinton is going to continue to campaign on behalf of his wife and tellher story and make his case about why she should be president,” said Howard Wolfson , Mrs. Clinton’s communications director.Mr.Wolfson said the campaign would turn its focus to the Florida primary,which is Tuesday, although that primary is considered little more thana beauty contest. And Mrs. Clinton willnot campaign in Florida — honoring a pledge that the Democraticcandidates took after the state moved up its primary date against thenational party’s wishes — though her campaign said she would hold anevent in Florida on Tuesday night as the primary results come in. Jeff Zeleny contributed reporting.Copyright © 2008 The New York Times var url=location.href;var i=url.indexOf('/did/') + 1;if(i==0){i=url.indexOf('/print/1/') + 1;}if(i==0){i=url.indexOf('&print=1');}if(i>0){url = url.substring(0,i);document.write('URL: '+url+'');if(window.print){window.print()}else{alert('To print his page press Ctrl-P on your keyboard \nor choose print from your browser or device after clicking OK');}}URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22875276/
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline cowboy

• View Profile
Re: Clinton's camp seeks gentler role for Bill
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 11:29:17 PM »
Clinton has so lost it!

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »
I think he is afraid that he won't be able to bed down in the White House again.

retired1_us

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 02:46:11 AM »
Uhhh, it is supposed to be about SHE Clinton isn't it?

Offline Jax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 02:55:01 AM »
nope, Bill is the one acting like a fool and pissing off even those who have loved him all these years.
People are urging HIM to chill out and step back into  a supportive spouse role.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 01:08:41 AM »
I hope bubba eases up so hillary can get the nomination. Super tuesday should do it.
He has been looking rough though. I wounder if he and hillary are sleeping together?

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 02:25:48 AM »
I was going to say something about a person that still lives with a 4 timing, lying, sex addict. Hell its her life, let her live it! I guess I just don't understand their family values. It at least looks like the daughter has a good head on her shoulders.
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

retired1_us

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 03:19:44 AM »
nope, Bill is the one acting like a fool and pissing off even those who have loved him all these years.
People are urging HIM to chill out and step back into  a supportive spouse role.

My thoughts were "why so much about him".  They have blown their ego trip.  Yes, their collective ego trip.  When she started losing ground the coach came out of the closet.  They as a pair are THE perfect anti-thesis of what they claim to portray - Mr and Mrs America.  And the Wicked Witch said........I'm melllllting.