Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Sneak Peek Sheriff's View  (Read 399922 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Sneak Peek Sheriff's View
« on: March 03, 2007, 08:40:01 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The Sheriff’s View #10, Week of March 5 to 9, 2007

Welcome aboard one more time. I hope to have a nice column for you to read this week. I had noticed some sure signs of Spring this past week, you know Robins on the lawn, gas prices shooting upward, warm temperatures and so forth, so where did this white stuff I see on my lawn this morning come from? I know that spring is close and I for one cannot wait even if it means more calls for the department. Right now, at 10:41am on 3-3-07, we stand at 1,309 calls for service/case numbers for the year. It is going to be a long year.

Along those same lines the numbers for February that concern dispatch have already been added up and I can now share them with you. The office assistants/dispatchers answered 4,088 telephone calls in February and they had 1,421 people at the front window. So far this year that is 8,341 calls and 2,741 visitors. Yes, it is going to be a long year.

I have already been asked a question by a reader on the new Pulaski County “inmate chain gang” to clean up the ice storm damage. This idea has merit but it also has a few problems. Bluntly stated I cannot allow the inmates to leave the jail for this without a written order from a Circuit Judge. I will also be had pressed to furnish a guard for the work detail. If I have the written order and no guard is required then let it flow forward, the inmates probably need the exercise. In any event we will do our best to help out with this project.

Most of our cars are in running order at this time. One unit is having the siren/red light control box replaced this weekend and it should be back in service by Monday. The big problem right now is the small jail transport unit. This vehicle in a 1993 model with more miles than we can count and when it was on the garage hoist this past week it had more mechanical problems than we could count. I fear this unit may have reached the end of the line. And if that is the case then we have a problem because we need two vehicles for prisoner transport at all times. Maybe we can pull another rabbit out of the hat and find a new car.

We are still in the interview process for a jail staff member and a new officer. I have decided to build up a file and have backups available for those times when we need to replace someone. But considering the salary we pay this might be a neat trick. In any event we shall continue to replace employees as needed, and continue to interview.

Once again my Deputies have asked me to remind everyone to please post LARGE house numbers in a location that is easy to spot. This is an item that we have mentioned many times now but the problem is still with us. If we cannot find you then we cannot help you in your hour of need.

This past week I had to attend the LANEG board of directors meeting at the Camden County Sheriff’s Office on Wednesday. We had a good visit and there seemed to be a small ray of hope in the air. The LANEG team is just like us they are short staffed and out of money. There is a ray of hope that for next year the Federal Government will increase the amount of money that is available for the war on drugs. If that were the case then the board of directors would be able to hire another officer next year. And that would help us greatly.

In other news along the budget line the rise in gas prices that we are currently experiencing should have an adverse effect on us. Our budget for gas was cut this year and with the increase in prices it looks like it will be a long year on the gas front.

Pulaski County is in the process of a state audit and the audit team has been a busy bunch of people lately. They seem to be in my office every day looking for some data on some item or another. From the questions they are asking it is not hard to see that we may have to change, or maybe I should say, we should change the way we do business on a few issues. I would like to think that most of our business practices will hold up well but I am also sure there will be room to improve in some places.

One last note before I close for this week. I will be the only Pulaski County Coroner on duty for March, 6-7-8, 2007. I would like for all of you to stay well and take care of yourself. As the Coroner I do not want to meet you nor do I want your business. I suspect all of you will agree with me and you also do not want to see me on the job. So please drive careful and stay legal, the jail lights are on.
 :police:

watson

Re: Sneak Peek Sheriff's View
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:37:02 AM »
Enjoyed reading it JB...Thanks alot...Watson

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 02:14:33 PM »
Enjoyed reading it JB...Thanks alot...Watson

I sort of debated the last little attempt at humor with remarks about my upcoming gig as Coroner. The info is true but I thought somebody might think I was  not respectfull about the situation. I have been told I have a silly sense of humor at times.

JB

watson

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:15:54 PM »
Didn't bother me any, in fact I thought it was funny and to watch what the heck I do those days...hehehe

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
  • Big Piney Community Activist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
I am frequently told I have a "senseless humor" because I tend to find things funny when no one else does. 

Call me J.B., or I will haunt your dreams and give you nightmares!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:45:25 PM »
I am frequently told I have a "senseless humor" because I tend to find things funny when no one else does. 

Call me J.B., or I will haunt your dreams and give you nightmares!

Going to be hard to do, I do not get much sleep these days!!! And Yes I called her.

JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 07:57:49 PM »
JB, if the department used radar guns out in the county on gravel roads and wrote tickets, who would get the money?  

And, I am not leaving, but you can still cover. I think I am going to Jefferson City Wednesday. But not going to death investigation school with the other two, so I'll be around if you need anything.

Same as the state UTT's, the fines for moving violations go to the school systems of the county, the Dr. lic. and Veh. lic. stuff goes to another fund can't remember, the court costs are split according to the formula. NO the PCSD would not get any of the money.

10-4 on not going, if I get swamped I will call. Actually the 911 center will probably call you anyway before they will me unless you rig the system. LOL

JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 07:59:24 PM »
I put a graphic on your profile, hope you don't mind.

Looks just like me! Did I go to far telling everyone I have known My Lisa longer than you?  LOL
        JB

watson

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 08:36:15 PM »
Well it was a good try Crazy horse, but don't give up, keep trying...sooner or later we will figure it out for him....darn that was a good idea and I would like to see them do it too...I agree down them dirt roads they drive like maniacs especially during the nice months like during yard sales when elderly people want to go to yard sales and these people are flying down these roads and an accident is going to happen and someone will get hurt.....

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 08:48:52 PM »
Just think, you had all those years to warn her and you didn't. Now she's all mine. Bahahahahahahaha

Looks just like me! Did I go to far telling everyone I have known My Lisa longer than you?  LOL
        JB

watson

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »
Congradulations JB for being an administrator....thanks for all the things you do for us in this county...

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 10:11:02 PM »
Congradulations JB for being an administrator....thanks for all the things you do for us in this county...

I am a what?

JB

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 10:12:34 PM »
Naw, you can have the call. I intend to go to Jefferson City Wednesday anyway. It is EMS Lobby Day. Besides, you do a pretty good job, hahahaha. (I aint' pushing those laugh buttons up there. I just did once and it erased my entire post).  But, if you need anything I will help.

Too bad about the tickets. I know they could write 40 to 60 a day, easy. The speeding on county roads is horrible. The worst it's ever been. People, their kids and animals are in danger.   Anyway, I thought 40 to 60 tickets a day, if you got the money, would buy cars or provide pay raises.  

Well we could write a few between calls maybe. Depends on how many I have on at the time.
JB

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:12 AM »
You and David Day are moderators of your own section, that's all. So now if someone says something negative in your section, you can censor it. LOL

I am a what?

JB

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 02:22:13 AM »
Yes, J.B. thought he would rather make that call to me than have me haunt him.  I am not called the "wicked witch of the west" for nothing.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 02:53:04 AM »
The Sheriff’s View #11, Week of March 12 to 16, 2007

Welcome aboard one more time. I am starting this column on Saturday morning and it looks like it will be a fine day to be outside goofing off and not in front of a computer trying to write a column. I find that doing this column is a lot of hard work. But so far the vast majority of the people who have spoken to me about the column tell me they enjoy reading the information that I include in the column. Most of you even understand my twisted sense of humor. But like any action that is taken there is sometimes an adverse reaction.

This past week there was a critical letter to the editor in the Daily Guide that attacked several of my statements from a recent column that concerned the Phelps County Sheriff’s Department budget. I shall respond to that letter later with my own letter but for now I would like to say that I have a written copy of the 2007 Phelps County Sheriff’s Budget in front of me and the main budget total for them is $4,010,583.50. There are a few other funds that are not listed in this budget and some odds and ends in other monies that are accounted for elsewhere. But the bottom line is that Sheriff Don Blankenship again told me the total budget for his department is “about $4.2 million” for 2007.

I would like to say that I try to make my statements of fact in this column as accurate as possible. If I make a mistake or someone points out a mistake I will do a correction. If it is a matter of opinion or my own method for the handling of a special problem then that would be open to argument at times. But I will try to make facts and figures accurate. I will also throw in a little humor at times, but that humor does not always go over well with some people. I have learned that no matter what I do or how well I do something; there will always be somebody complaining about my actions or statements. So I have a request for those readers, who want to see me stop this weekly column, be sure and tell me in person to stop over the next two weeks.

The service call/case number count as of this morning was 1,441. One of those numbers will be a written report I must do in connection with a fatal traffic accident that occurred on 3-6-07. This report will be done as the Pulaski County Coroner. As I told you last week the other Coroners were out of town for training and I was going to be the Coroner for three days. The case involved a car and a pedestrian on I-44 near the Ft. Wood overpass. The accident has already been reported in our local media so I will not give out the facts.

I had a request from a reader for some information a few weeks ago. My apology for the slow response but I have been a busy boy. The revised Missouri statutes you are looking for are as follows: Sections 578.005, 578.009, 578.012 and 322.090. If you will read those four laws you will have just about everything you needed on the issue of dogs running free in the County.

I would like to announce the employment of two new persons with our department. Monica Prado recently moved here from Texas. She is a certified Dispatcher and a Certified Jailer. She will work dispatch. Michele Brown recently moved here from Kansas. She is a Certified Jailer and will become, so far as we know, the first female jail staff member in our department history. Both of our new employees are in training at their new work stations and the early indications are that neither is going to need a whole lot of training.

In last week’s column I told you the future of our 1993 Chevrolet Caprice car that we use as a jail transport vehicle was in doubt due to the large number of mechanical defects we had recently discovered. After due consideration of the car’s advanced age, mileage, and general poor condition we have decided that we cannot in good faith put any more repair money into this unit. The next problem is how do we replace the car? I shall ask the local dealers for bids this week on a newer jail van. Not sure how we will be able to purchase the unit right now but we will try to figure out a way.

As the weather begins to warm up our workload will start to climb. I already know that we will not have the officers available to respond to every call but we will try to get to the more serious calls. I ask that you all remember that we did not get the extra officers in this years budget that I requested and we can only do so much with the small number of officers that we have. But we will try, the officers will work on their days off and rack up a lot of overtime to try and keep up with the calls. Please be patient with us.

Once again it is time to end this week’s column so I will again ask that you drive careful and stay legal. We do have room in the jail system but we also do not want your visit. The jail lights are on!

Offline Law101

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 03:09:26 AM »
Please continue to write your weekly report.  I find it informative and sometimes entertaining. 

I think you do the best that you can with what you have to work with and I for one am grateful.

watson

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 09:24:24 AM »
          I am a what?

JB

Oops must have been a late night seeing things...hehehe   Moderator

watson

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 09:30:57 AM »
 <)>@   Please continue your weekly letters.  I look forward to them every week.  Remember in this world today you cannot please everybody no matter how hard you try........so just continue writing and it will be o.k.   You are doing a very good job with what you have available.....

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »
The Sheriff’s View #12, Week of March 19 to 23, 2007

Welcome aboard for one more trip around the County with the Deputies of the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department. We have had an extremely busy week. In this case that is both good and bad news, for to some degree I am limited in what I can write. The big news for the week was the murder case and manhunt in Texas County. I will probably put more information in this column then I should on this issue but I will limit my remarks to Pulaski County.

We have been working closely with the Texas County Sheriff Carl Watson on this case. Carl is in the same boat I am, a retired member of the MSHP serving his first term as Sheriff. We have worked together many years before we became Sheriff’s so we have no problems in communication. When the murder occurred several of our officers headed south on Mo. 17 to get closer to the scene. Almost immediately a vehicle chase occurred as members of the DDCC unit (Missouri State Highway Patrol, Division of Drug and Crime Control) who were already in Pulaski County working on a case involving stolen cattle, tried to catch and stop a possible suspect vehicle. They were successful and they made the stop at Mo. 17 and Rt. U in Laclede County. Several members of PCSD were their backups on this stop. It turned out that an eyewitness to the shooting was in the vehicle. As the DDCC officers talked to him we began to stop all traffic on Mo. 17.

Part of the reason for stopping all traffic on Mo. 17 was normal procedure and part was that a passing motorist had reported a man on foot near the Roubidoux River, which is close to Rt. U so we were not going to take any chances. While the other PSCD officers did the traffic work, I cruised up and down Mo. 17 in my non-standard police unit hoping the pedestrian might stay on or near the road as I approached. But that did not happen. At the request of Sheriff Watson, who arrived at our roadblock right after we set it up, we continued the roadblock until 10:00am the next day. After that we went into a roving patrol mode in the southern half of Pulaski County and the northern half of Texas County with a dash of Laclede County for good measure.

We had Deputies in Texas County on March 13, 14, and 15. On the evening of the 14th the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department Reserve Detective unit developed information that caused us to focus on a residence on Rt. AB in Pulaski County. Many hours later, very early in the morning of the 15th we visited the home in force and searched the residence for our murder suspect. The homeowner told us we had missed him by about 12 hours. Later that afternoon we went to another location just outside Waynesville and completed another check. On the 16th we visited two more locations in Pulaski County. I am sure someone will want to know why we went to these places with many officers. The reason is simple; we were visiting places the suspect has been known to frequent. If we got lucky and he was there I had no intention of allowing him to run out the back door and escape into some Pulaski County wooded area thus giving us our own massive manhunt. Our mission was to contain and capture if he was present and we went fully prepared to complete that mission.

We have had a verified report that the suspect was at the gas station in Buckhorn around noon on the 13th, which was about two hours before the shooting. The suspect does have friends in several parts of Pulaski County. I would like to remind everyone that there is a cash reward for information leading to his capture. The suspect is an old associate of several of us here in the Pulaski County Sheriff’s Department because we have arrested him or otherwise worked some case that he was part of over the past 25 years. He is a dangerous person and I would advise you not to approach him. I will also tell everyone that unless you already know him and have associated with him in the past, the chance that he would appear at your door would be extremely slim. The Texas County Sheriff is convinced that he is still in the Roby area on foot and that he will not leave his comfort zone.

In other news I had mentioned above that the DDCC unit was in Pulaski County on the morning of the 13th working on a case involving stolen cattle. We had been assisting them that morning with locating the cattle and contacting the people who had possession of the cattle. We had been on that case for a few hours before the shooting case pulled us off the cow case. We ended the cattle case with the arrest of two persons who were charged here in Pulaski County with receiving stolen property. I guess I should also add that right in the middle of the cow case we also had to respond to an attempted suicide where a subject stabbed himself in the chest with a knife. He was taken to the Ft. Wood hospital for treatment.

I think by now you all understand that we burned up a lot of gasoline and overtime hours this past week and that we were busy. As of Saturday morning the 17th our call for service/case number stands at 1,583. With all of the other hot calls going on this past week we were able to accomplish very little on the list of jobs we had to do this past week. I think we did get one car repaired over a mechanical problem and back on the road but another Deputy went deer hunting with his Ford last week and we are going to be short that car for a week while it gets put back together. It seems that the adventure with our Patrol units never stops.

I did not get anything done on the new jail van bids, or the second round of the gasoline contract bids. I also did not get time to pull the time cards that FEMA needs to document our overtime hours during the ice storm. I am starting to get the idea I could use a good secretary to assist me. And five more jail staff members, ten more officers, a jail administrator and about ten new cars. I could also use a partridge in a pear tree and that wish might happen because there is a pear tree close to our office so we are already half way to success on that wish.

I believe that I had rambled long enough and typed enough words in my sleep to qualify this submission as a news column so I will close out with my usual statement of drive safe and stay legal the jail lights are on.

watson

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 03:06:44 AM »
Has anyone ever told you that you and your officers and very talented at multi-tasking......YOu all do a great job and I am very proud of each of you every single day and please do not let your officers forget that or you either o.k.    Take care of yourselves....I loved your column this week.....

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2007, 01:06:26 AM »
The Sheriff’s View #13, Week of March 26 to 30, 2007

Welcome aboard one more time. We had a horrible week last week and my heart is not in the column this morning. The big topic of course is the accident were our Deputy collided with and killed a pedestrian on Mo. 17 near the Ft. Wood Inn. Until the Highway Patrol investigation is complete I really should not comment on this one but I think I will point out that from the accident site, looking back to the east, the sight distance is close to 1,500 feet. I cannot understand why a pedestrian would not see the approaching car and would walk out onto the roadway. But I also know that this is a case were nobody wins and everybody loses. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the pedestrian.

We have made progress on the used wrecked vehicle that we received from the St. Robert Police. It is up and running. The car body had 115,000 miles on it but the new engine we added only has 35,000 miles so we are hoping this will be a good move on our part, We are now adding police equipment to the vehicle and we hope to have it on the road in a few more weeks. I must confess that right now the car looks a little funny with the big POLICE logo on the rear trunk right above the license plate that says Sheriff. But that will all change soon. I would like to thank the City of St. Robert and Chief Curtis Currenton for the helping hand they extended to their less fortunate neighbor in the law enforcement field

Our calls for service/case number count for the year stands at 1, 718 so far. This number is starting to scare me because we are just now approaching the busy time of the year. My fear is that we will be unable to respond to many calls this year. That will hack off a lot of people but bluntly stated this should not come as a surprise to anyone. I cannot send you Deputies that I do not have. My requests for extra officers have failed completely.

In both the 2005 and 2006 budgets there was a line item for $2,000.00 earmarked for radio repair to our main radio. In both years we spent the entire amount on repairs. I requested the same $2,000.00 this year but my request was rejected. I find myself with repair bills for $560.00 on the main radio already this year and I will be forced to use the civil fee fund to cover this bill. This is not good for two reasons. First any repair cost spent means that much less equipment or vehicles that I can try to purchase. And second we are just now coming up on the spring thunderstorm season were we have received all of our lighting damage in the past. On one more front this could be another bad year.

On the employee front we are having a very bad month. Sgt. Rex Larson will be unable to work for at least two more months due to medical reasons related to his gunshot wounds suffered in the line of duty last year. We have also lost our dispatch supervisor Bruce Main. He has resigned due to financial reasons. Bruce told me I could say anything I wanted about his situation and I will limit myself to one brief comment. It is a bad day when you lose your most experienced supervisor because he can make more money selling items on E-bay then he can by working for the Citizens of Pulaski County. So one more time I am going to say, once again, we cannot continue to lose the cream of our employee crop and continue to prosper as a department. Right now I am worried about the survival of the department.

I was looking at one of our local web based chat rooms today and found a posting by one of my senior Corporals that she will also be leaving the department soon for a better paying job. So in the near future when this news is official, I will once again say, we cannot continue to prosper as a department if we continue to lose our best people. I know that many of you are tired of reading those words, well guess what, I am tired of writing those words.

I had hoped to purchase a new jail transport van using the money in the County Law Enforcement Restitution Fund (CLERF) but I have been told the Pulaski County PA and Coroner got there first with their requests and the fund is fairly low right now. This situation sort of reminds of a quote that is credited to hockey great Wayne Gretzky, “One hundred percent of the shots you don’t take don’t go in.” Maybe I can take a shot at the CLERF fund soon and score a goal for my team.

I think we have had our limit of gloom and doom for this column so I will sign off with my usual closing remarks, please drive careful and stay legal. The jail lights are on.

watson

« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2007, 01:40:25 AM »
Dang it anyway pulaski county people, please help us help this department...   Pretty soon the lights will be on and no one will be there....then what will all the residents in this county do.....If you are having a robbery at your home who you going to call.....

The fire department.....the ambulance......the ghost busters...they are on strike right now..... &&&&^% ^^^%%%

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2007, 01:47:45 PM »
And if ya don't believe JB just tune your scanner in!  We are full blast into spring silliness in Pulaski County.  Multiple domestics, alarms, trespassers,  people pulling weapons on others and more...... all in an 8 hour period.  We had 7 calls in my first 2 hours of shift last night.  And it's only March!!

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2007, 02:15:26 PM »
I wish you would reconsider your resignation for the benefit of this county.

And if ya don't believe JB just tune your scanner in!  We are full blast into spring silliness in Pulaski County.  Multiple domestics, alarms, trespassers,  people pulling weapons on others and more...... all in an 8 hour period.  We had 7 calls in my first 2 hours of shift last night.  And it's only March!!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2007, 02:33:39 PM »
I wish you would reconsider your resignation for the benefit of this county.

As you know I love my job and the people I work with.  The decision was one of the hardest I have made in a long time.  We have thought through what we think is all the possibilities and angles and can't come up with any other way to get where we want to be both with our business' and farm. If there was a way I could keep working and not have to supplement the paltry wages by working my eBay part time I would do it. I have kept my eBay going to make ends meet since I moved here and as you know a business takes time.  As a result I have accomplished nothing here with the farm.  At my old place I was near self-sufficient with my gardens and animals. Something just has to give. There is not enough time in the day.

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2007, 07:11:47 PM »
Bruce,

As I yelled at you yesterday once things slowed down, YOU CAN'T LEAVE!!!!. But I understand, gonna miss you and hope you are able to fill in often.  If not at least come by and say HI. You are a great dispatcher and we will miss you terribly. But as JB says, we'll keep the lights on!  ((*(*&

watson

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2007, 07:21:51 PM »
Well Bruce could you still do volunteer work when you have time away from the farm, anything would help sweetie.....I really hate to see you go also.....but I do understand......I wanted to stay home and take care of my mom and brother full time but I just cannot afford it...so I had to go get a job....so I understand fully but gosh you will be missed so much.......make sure you stay in touch....I know you would not want Watson to show up on your door step......hehehe

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2007, 09:00:28 PM »
I tried a little begging and a little crying with Bruce. Who knows?
  JB