Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: an obama achievement?  (Read 17248 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
an obama achievement?
« on: February 15, 2008, 04:24:06 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Global Poverty Act of 2007 (Introduced in Senate)
    S 2433 IS
    110th CONGRESS
    1st Session
    S. 2433
    [/b]To require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day. 
    IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES
    December 7, 2007
    Mr. OBAMA (for himself, Mr. HAGEL, and Ms. CANTWELL) introduced the following bill; which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations
    A BILL
    [/b]To require the President to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
      Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,[/list]SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.This Act may be cited as the `Global Poverty Act of 2007'.[/list]SEC. 2. FINDINGS.
        Congress makes the following findings:
        (1) More than 1,000,000,000 people worldwide live on less than $1 per day, and another 1,600,000,000 people struggle to survive on less than $2 per day, according to the World Bank.
        (2) At the United Nations Millennium Summit in 2000, the United States joined more than 180 other countries in committing to work toward goals to improve life for the world's poorest people by 2015.
        (3) The year 2007 marks the mid-point to the Millennium Development Goals deadline of 2015.
        (4) The United Nations Millennium Development Goals include the goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, that live on less than $1 per day, cutting in half the proportion of people suffering from hunger and unable to access safe drinking water and sanitation, reducing child mortality by two-thirds, ensuring basic education for all children, and reversing the spread of HIV/AIDS and malaria, while sustaining the environment upon which human life depends.
        (5) On March 22, 2002, President George W. Bush stated: `We fight against poverty because hope is an answer to terror. We fight against poverty because opportunity is a fundamental right to human dignity. We fight against poverty because faith requires it and conscience demands it. We fight against poverty with a growing conviction that major progress is within our reach.'.
        (6) The 2002 National Security Strategy of the United States notes: `
      [A] world where some live in comfort and plenty, while half of the human race lives on less than $2 per day, is neither just nor stable. Including all of the world's poor in an expanding circle of development and opportunity is a moral imperative and one of the top priorities of U.S. international policy.'.[/list]
        (7) The 2006 National Security Strategy of the United States notes: `America's national interests and moral values drive us in the same direction: to assist the world's poor citizens and least developed nations and help integrate them into the global economy.'.
        (
      8) The bipartisan Final Report of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States recommends: `A comprehensive United States strategy to counter terrorism should include economic policies that encourage development, more open societies, and opportunities for people to improve the lives of their families and enhance prospects for their children.'.[/list]
        (9) At the summit of the Group of Eight (G-8) nations in July 2005, leaders from all eight participating countries committed to increase aid to Africa from the current $25,000,000,000 annually to $50,000,000,000 by 2010, and to cancel 100 percent of the debt obligations owed to the World Bank, African Development Bank, and International Monetary Fund by 18 of the world's poorest nations.
        (10) At the United Nations World Summit in September 2005, the United States joined more than 180 other governments in reiterating their commitment to achieve the United Nations Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
        (11) The United States has recognized the need for increased financial and technical assistance to countries burdened by extreme poverty, as well as the need for strengthened economic and trade opportunities for those countries, through significant initiatives in recent years, including the Millennium Challenge Act of 2003 (22 U.S.C. 7701 et seq.), the United States Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Act of 2003 (22 U.S.C. 7601 et seq.), the Heavily Indebted Poor Countries Initiative, and trade preference programs for developing countries, such as the African Growth and Opportunity Act (19 U.S.C. 3701 et seq.).
        (12) In January 2006, United States Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice initiated a restructuring of the United States foreign assistance program, including the creation of a Director of Foreign Assistance, who maintains authority over Department of State and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) foreign assistance funding and programs.
        (13) In January 2007, the Department of State's Office of the Director of Foreign Assistance added poverty reduction as an explicit, central component of the overall goal of United States foreign assistance. The official goal of United States foreign assistance is: `To help build and sustain democratic, well-governed states that respond to the needs of their people, reduce widespread poverty and conduct themselves responsibly in the international system.'.
        (14) Economic growth and poverty reduction are more successful in countries that invest in the people, rule justly, and promote economic freedom. These principles have become the core of several development programs of the United States Government, such as the Millennium Challenge Account.
      SEC. 3. DECLARATION OF POLICY.
        It is the policy of the United States to promote the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
      SEC. 4. REQUIREMENT TO DEVELOP COMPREHENSIVE STRATEGY.
        (a) Strategy- The President, acting through the Secretary of State, and in consultation with the heads of other appropriate departments and agencies of the United States Government, international organizations, international financial institutions, the governments of developing and developed countries, United States and international nongovernmental organizations, civil society organizations, and other appropriate entities, shall develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to further the United States foreign policy objective of promoting the reduction of global poverty, the elimination of extreme global poverty, and the achievement of the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
        (b) Content- The strategy required by subsection (a) shall include specific and measurable goals, efforts to be undertaken, benchmarks, and timetables to achieve the objectives described in subsection (a).
        (c) Components- The strategy required by subsection (a) should include the following components:
        (1) Continued investment or involvement in existing United States initiatives related to international poverty reduction, such as the United States Leadership Against HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria Act of 2003 (22 U.S.C. 7601 et seq.), the Millennium Challenge Act of 2003 (22 U.S.C. 7701 et seq.), and trade preference programs for developing countries, such as the African Growth and Opportunity Act (19 U.S.C. 3701 et seq.).
        (2) Improving the effectiveness of development assistance and making available additional overall United States assistance levels as appropriate.
        (3) Enhancing and expanding debt relief as appropriate.
        (4) Leveraging United States trade policy where possible to enhance economic development prospects for developing countries.
        (5) Coordinating efforts and working in cooperation with developed and developing countries, international organizations, and international financial institutions.
        (6) Mobilizing and leveraging the participation of businesses, United States and international nongovernmental organizations, civil society, and public-private partnerships.
        (7) Coordinating the goal of poverty reduction with other development goals, such as combating the spread of preventable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and malaria, increasing access to potable water and basic sanitation, reducing hunger and malnutrition, and improving access to and quality of education at all levels regardless of gender.
        (
      8) Integrating principles of sustainable development and entrepreneurship into policies and programs.[/list]
        (d) Reports-
        (1) INITIAL REPORT-
        (A) IN GENERAL- Not later than 1 year after the date of the enactment of this Act, the President, acting through the Secretary of State, shall submit to the appropriate congressional committees a report on the strategy required under subsection (a).
        (B) CONTENT- The report required under subparagraph (A) shall include the following elements:
        (i) A description of the strategy required under subsection (a).
        (ii) An evaluation, to the extent possible, both proportionate and absolute, of the contributions provided by the United States and other national and international actors in achieving the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
        (iii) An assessment of the overall progress toward achieving the Millennium Development Goal of reducing by one-half the proportion of people worldwide, between 1990 and 2015, who live on less than $1 per day.
        (2) SUBSEQUENT REPORTS- Not later than December 31, 2012, and December 31, 2015, the President shall submit to the appropriate congressional committees reports on the status of the implementation of the strategy, progress made in achieving the global poverty reduction objectives described in subsection (a), and any changes to the strategy since the date of the submission of the last report.
      SEC. 5. DEFINITIONS.
        In this Act:
        (1) APPROPRIATE CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEES- The term `appropriate congressional committees' means--
        (A) the Committee on Foreign Relations and the Committee on Appropriations of the Senate; and
        (B) the Committee on Foreign Affairs and the Committee on Appropriations of the House of Representatives.
        (2) EXTREME GLOBAL POVERTY- The term `extreme global poverty' refers to the conditions in which individuals live on less than $1 per day, adjusted for purchasing power parity in 1993 United States dollars, according to World Bank statistics.
        (3) GLOBAL POVERTY- The term `global poverty' refers to the conditions in which individuals live on less than $2 per day, adjusted for purchasing power parity in 1993 United States dollars, according to World Bank statistics.
        (4) MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS- The term `Millennium Development Goals' means the goals set out in the United Nations Millennium Declaration, General Assembly Resolution 55/2 (2000).
      http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-[/list]
        bin/query/z?c110:S.2433:
        the us will pay over $800 bil. above what is donated now. where will the money come from? This bill passed the house in september,why did it just now (today)get rammed through the senate???

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
      Re: an obama achievement?
      « Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:46:08 AM »
      I'm glad you brought this up.  Saw it mentioned on CNN tonight and it gave just another reason to just say no!  I think the cost to United States Citizens would be something like 884 BILLION DOLLARS and not a penny goes back into the USA!  So much for spending money at home like he said he wanted to do. 

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:57:07 PM »
      That's so much BS.  Why should we pay for it..?  Just because some liberal decides to feel guilty?  Listen, if they wanna give out money then start right here.

I am off right now due to the weather.  Its part of the deal.  But no work, no pay.  I don't expect the state or anybody else to come to my aid.  Some of these people they are talking about who make no money live in a place and tribe where such things are never used.

They live off the land make their own dwellings and have done so for thousands of years.  Why now does someone decide they need a govt. check?

And who is going to pay for this?  Where does the friggin govt think the money comes from?  Man this just hit the last nerve this morning.

Sorry for the rant.

$Bill
      I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
      It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
      But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline Strictly Confidential

• Help! Coyote turned me into a little fella!
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »
      I was coming back from St Louis the other evening, listening to Hannity, who had a guy on site at a polling location.  Per Hannity's direction the on-site guy put together a 'focus group' of O'bhama supporters.

Then, per Hannity's direction the on-site guy asked the group to name one O'bhama achievement.

After 10 minutes and several O'bhama supporters saying "pass"  (yes, actually saying "I pass") the best these people could come up with is:

1.  He's a black senator
      2.  He's has participated in 90% of the vote's held while in office.

So, being black and doing the job that he is elected and paid to do are the best 'achievements' that this group of enthusiastic supporters could come up with... So WHAT ACHIEVEMENT qualifies this man to run this nation????

My God, people are scaring me more and more....
      "All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

retired1_us

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:09:01 PM »

So WHAT ACHIEVEMENT qualifies this man to run this nation????

He really sounds good over a bullhorn in a large crowd!

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 06:01:28 PM »
      He may be the one that saves us from Hillary

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
      « Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
      $Bill we get to pay for it of course. 

I forgot to mention in my other post.  The person who did the research and learned about this said it is equal to a 1% United Nations Sales Tax.

retired1_us

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:44:34 PM »
      $Bill we get to pay for it of course. 

I forgot to mention in my other post.  The person who did the research and learned about this said it is equal to a 1% United Nations Sales Tax.

Did I read that right?  Since when is there  UN Sales Tax on anything?  Help me out, what did I miss?

• View Profile
      « Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »
      He really sounds good over a bullhorn in a large crowd!

lol - A couple of people actually cited his dem convention speech of 04 as his achievement.  Giving a great speech does not qualify the man to run the nation, lol.
      "All that is necessary for the forces of evil to win in the world is for enough good men to do nothing." --Edmund Burke

retired1_us

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:41:17 PM »
      lol - A couple of people actually cited his dem convention speech of 04 as his achievement.  Giving a great speech does not qualify the man to run the nation, lol.

Glad someone caught the humor in that, but it is sad to see also the trick may be working.  I don't know how many articles I have read and stories heard covering him about the women seemingly falling at his feet.  That's scary s#!+

I'd rather they exhume Elvis and animate him somehow if that's the way it has to be.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
      « Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 08:53:53 PM »
      What do you mean?  Elvis isn't dead.  Don't say that.
      ....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

retired1_us

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 09:12:02 PM »
      What do you mean?  Elvis isn't dead.  Don't say that.

Sorry, I meant Buddy Holly.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
      « Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 04:55:14 AM »
      Did I read that right?  Since when is there  UN Sales Tax on anything?  Help me out, what did I miss?

No UN tax on anything.  He was just equating the proposal as that to help people understand I guess.

retired1_us

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 02:01:49 PM »
      No UN tax on anything.  He was just equating the proposal as that to help people understand I guess.

Roger that - it just scares me to even read such things.  Kinda like new world order.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
      « Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »
      Roger that - it just scares me to even read such things.  Kinda like new world order.

My wife and my reaction was pretty much the same.  We sat there in disbelief.  She had a really strong reaction to it and she doesn't even follow politics a little bit.

Offline DollarBill

• View Profile
      « Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 02:35:03 AM »
      I tell ya there are crazy people out there and they want to be president.

I remember all of the controversy when Nixon ran when I was in college.  That was nothing compared to what this years election will be about.  Better think waaaaaayyyyy beyond party lines this year.  Its not about parties, its about the future of the nation, your rights as a citizen.  Some want to severely limit that give it to illegals and take away what you have to give to "poor" people.

Not this little brown duck.

Anyway think  really think long and with no bias.  What is really good for the country and you.  Then decide.
      This kind of crap... or something different.

love ya all
      $Bill

I was alright . . .   I got over it.   
      It takes 43 muscles to frown; 17 to Smile.
      But Only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze....

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
      • Administrator
        • View Profile
      « Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 04:13:03 AM »
           I hear he won a grammy this year for the audio version of his book-
          "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
      « Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 05:52:23 AM »
      You're exactly right $Bill!

• View Profile
      « Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008, 04:12:24 PM »
           I hear he won a grammy this year for the audio version of his book-

^^ dunno, that is an accomplishement, unrelated to his ability to lead this nation however  ;)

ANYONE on this board, particularly those that are supporting this man - can anyone name an achievement that can be cited as credible evidence that he is qualified to be President?

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
      « Reply #19 on: February 28, 2008, 01:05:55 AM »
      I don't support this village idiot either.  No accomplishments.  The only qualifications I can think of is that he is 35 years old or more and an American citizen.  I could thin of some disqualifiers too, but will let that go.

Offline fish

• View Profile
      « Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 04:04:58 AM »
      he will start having problems when he has to reveal his plans. He has said he would consider redeploying our military back to iraq if alqueda was trying to set up a base there. I think it was MCcain that quickly said they are alreay there. they are called alqueda in iraq. He won't be treated so gentle when he gets the nomination. hillary's done.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
        • View Profile
      « Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 05:13:37 AM »
      I tell ya there are crazy people out there and they want to be president.

I remember all of the controversy when Nixon ran when I was in college.  That was nothing compared to what this years election will be about.  Better think waaaaaayyyyy beyond party lines this year.  Its not about parties, its about the future of the nation, your rights as a citizen.  Some want to severely limit that give it to illegals and take away what you have to give to "poor" people.

Not this little brown duck.

Anyway think  really think long and with no bias.  What is really good for the country and you.  Then decide.
      This kind of crap... or something different.

love ya all
      $Bill

[/quote
      I am seriously trying to clear my head of party lines $Bill,  been a Dem. all my life, but ever since my only choice was Kerry in 2004, and now this year it looks like Obama will be the  choice, it seems to be time to charter new waters.
      Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline gorzella

• Lurker
        • View Profile
      « Reply #22 on: March 02, 2008, 09:51:54 PM »
      Maybe he might not have the experience like McCain and Clinton, simply because he has not been working in the senate that long, but what about good judgment.
      Anyway I am sure the things I post below are still not enough achievements for some people, but that might simply be because a lot of people don't want to admit that they just don't like Senator Obama because he is African American. And since everyone is so politically correct these days they mask their prejudice with things like "I don't like Obama because he did not put his hand on his heart when they said the pledge." I for myself hope that Obama will be the next president. I don't trust Hillary Clinton and the thought that McCain wants to keep our soldiers in Iraq for 100 more years just scares me. But I guess people don't mind paying $4.00 a gallon for this war, but would mind paying it for Universal Health Care or Fighting Poverty.

Some of Senator Obamas Agendas

In the Illinois State Senate, this meant working with both Democrats and Republicans to help working families get ahead by creating programs like the state Earned Income Tax Credit, which in three years provided over $100 million in tax cuts to families across the state. He also pushed through an expansion of early childhood education, and after a number of inmates on death row were found innocent, Senator Obama worked with law enforcement officials to require the videotaping of interrogations and confessions in all capital cases.

In the U.S. Senate, he has focused on tackling the challenges of a globalized, 21st century world with fresh thinking and a politics that no longer settles for the lowest common denominator. His first law was passed with Republican Tom Coburn, a measure to rebuild trust in government by allowing every American to go online and see how and where every dime of their tax dollars is spent. He has also been the lead voice in championing ethics reform that would root out Jack Abramoff-style corruption in Congress.

As a member of the Veterans' Affairs Committee, Senator Obama has fought to help Illinois veterans get the disability pay they were promised, while working to prepare the VA for the return of the thousands of veterans who will need care after Iraq and Afghanistan. Recognizing the terrorist threat posed by weapons of mass destruction, he traveled to Russia with Republican Dick Lugar to begin a new generation of non-proliferation efforts designed to find and secure deadly weapons around the world. And knowing the threat we face to our economy and our security from America's addiction to oil, he's working to bring auto companies, unions, farmers, businesses and politicians of both parties together to promote the greater use of alternative fuels and higher fuel standards in our cars.

Offline gorzella

• Lurker
        • View Profile
      « Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 10:04:34 PM »
      One more thing. Anybody knows illegal immigrants will not go away. So my question is. What is realistically more achieveable. Giving them the opportunity to be legal one day and pay taxes that would benefit all of us, or rounding them up and deporting them. Do you have any idea how much money and manpower that will cost, and who will pay for that. We are unable to identify people here in the city that have to pay sewer charges, but we will find all 1.7 million illegals and deport them, come on. And just because illegal immigrants don't have a drivers license does that mean they will not drive? No. I rather for them to get a license and maybe be safer drivers.

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
      « Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 10:55:05 PM »
      Got this in an email and thought I'd add it to ya'lls little debate.  (((**&^^%

A PAID POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENT
      BY SEN. BARACK Husane OBAMA
      (D- ILL)

My fellow Identity-Americans:

As your future president I want to thank my supporters, for their... Well, support.
      Your mindless support of me, despite my complete lack of any legislative achievement, my pastor's relations with Louis Farrakhan and Libyan dictator Moamar Quadafi, or my blatantly leftist voting record while I present myself as some sort of bi-partisan agent of change.

I also like how my supporters claim my youthful drug use and criminal behaviour somehow qualifies me for the Presidency after 8 years of claiming Bush's youthful drinking < I>disqualifies him. Your hypocrisy is a beacon of hope shining over a sea of political posing.

I would also like to thank the Kennedys for coming out in support of me. There's a lot of glamour behind the Kennedy name, even though JFK was an adulterer and started the Vietnam War, his brother Robert illegally wiretapped Martin Luther King Jr. and Teddy killed a teenage girl. And I'm not going anywhere near the cousins, both literally and figuratively.

And I'd like to thank Oprah Winfrey for her support. Her love of meaningless empty platitudes will be the force that propels me to the White House.

Americans should vote for me, not because of my lack of experience or achievement, but because I make people feel good. Voting for me causes some white folk to feel relieved of their imagined, racist guilt.
      Americans want me as their president because they can identify with me when I refuse to wear an American flag pendent and refuse to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

I say things that sound meaningful, but don't really mean anything because Americans are tired of things having meaning. If things have meaning, then that means you have to think about them.

Americans are tired of thinking.

It's time to shut down the brain, and open up the heart.

So when you go to vote in the primaries, remember don't think, just do.

And do it for me.

Thank You

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
      « Reply #25 on: March 03, 2008, 12:32:01 AM »
      He and Hillary are two of the most anti-Constitution members of Congress.  Up there with Kennedy and Feinstein, Schumer, Bill Clinton, and Kerry.  Hypocrites all.  They will be the death of America if allowed to participate in the highest office in the land.  Thank You Rainbow for bringing some realism to the Obama conspiracy.

retired1_us

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 12:46:41 AM »
      That was pretty awesome Rainbow.  Thanks for sharing.

Gorzella, you are caught up in a feeding frenzy my friend.  In my opinion, your post lost ground throwing in the race card.  And that was pretty much the first thing you did.  You also failed to provide successes in Obama's many fresh ideas.......ideas are all they are......NO accomplishments.  Even with all of that youthful ideology he will have one tough time getting anything done anytime soon.  His "party" - the Dems will spew him like a sour grape.  He has very little peer support in the real world.

Offline gorzella

• Lurker
        • View Profile
      « Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008, 01:34:27 AM »
      I don't know retired1_us if you ever get on foxnews blogs and read the comments that are made about him, but really it is all about race with a lot of people that are not voting for him.
      People are calling him boy and monkey and the people that try to be political correct say, " i don't have anything against black people but....." I have heard it all before. You can't tell me that a big part of white America is looking at him and they are not seeing a black men and not having their prejudice.
      And yeah they are ideas, ideas in the making. He has only been in the senate for a little over two years, and we all know how long it can take to get things through the grinder in a place called washington.
      I guess will will see what happens.
      I just say OBAMA08!!!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
      « Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
      If he or Hillary get in office, hide your guns.  the feeding frenzy with the dem congress will begin with out of sight taxes and gun control to supercede the 2d Amendment.  The dems would have you believe that the 2d Amendment is the only one that does NOT pertain to we the people. 

Offline gorzella

• Lurker
        • View Profile
      « Reply #29 on: March 03, 2008, 01:44:35 AM »
      By the way rainbow,
      don't know if you like our current president but he was arrested in 1972 for possession of cocaine and that was beside his drinking problem that he had until 1986 at the age of 40 not like you said in his "youthful years".