Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: an obama achievement?  (Read 17400 times)

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: an obama achievement?
« Reply #90 on: May 12, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

That's a little scary there..

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
He has been to all 57 States with one more to go - though his staff would not allow him to go to Alaska or Hawaii

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2008, 08:44:34 PM »
[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EpGH02DtIws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
He has been to all 57 States with one more to go - though his staff would not allow him to go to Alaska or Hawaii

OMG!!!  and people are voting for him to run this country.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

retired1_us

« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »
From Bruce Walker @ americanthinker.com

The Democratic Party has become the Lawyers' Party.  Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are lawyers.  Bill Clinton and Michelle Obama are lawyers.  John Edwards, the other former Democrat candidate for president, is a lawyer and so is his wife Elizabeth.  Every Democrat nominee since 1984 went to law school (although Gore did not graduate.)  Every  Democrat vice presidential nominee since 1976, except for Lloyd Benson, went to law school.  Look at the Democrat Party in Congress:  the Majority Leader in each house is a lawyer. 
The Republican Party is different.  President Bush and Vice President Cheney were not lawyers, but businessmen.  The leaders of the Republican Revolution were not lawyers.  Newt Gingrich was a history professor;  Tom Delay was an exterminator; and  Dick Armey was an economist.   House Minority Leader Boehner was a plastic manufacturer, not a lawyer.  The former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist is a heart surgeon.
 Who was the last Republican president who was a lawyer?  Gerald Ford, who left office thirty-one years ago and who barely won the Republican nomination as a sitting president, running against Ronald Reagan in 1976.  The Republican Party is made up of real people doing real work.  The Democratic Party is made up of lawyers.  Democrats mock and scorn men who create wealth, like Bush and Cheney, or who heal the sick like Frist, or who immerse themselves in history like Gingrich.
  The Lawyers' Party sees these sorts of people, who provide goods and services that people want, as the enemies of America.  And so we have seen the procession of official enemies in the eyes of the Lawyers' Party grow.  Against whom do Hillary and Obama rail?  Pharmaceutical companies, oil companies, hospitals, manufacturers, fast food restaurant chains, large retail businesses, bankers and anyone producing anything of value in our nation.
 This is the natural consequence of viewing everything through the eyes of lawyers.  Lawyers solve problems by successfully representing their clients, in this case the American people.  Lawyers seek to have new laws passed, they seek to win lawsuits, they press appellate courts to overturn precedent, and lawyers always parse language to favor their side.
 Confined to the narrow practice of law, that is fine.  But it is an awful way to govern a great nation.  When politicians as lawyers begin to view some Americans as clients and other Americans as opposing parties, then the role of the legal system in our life becomes all consuming.   Some Americans become 'adverse parties' of our very government.  We are not all litigants in some vast social class action suit.  We are citizens of a republic which promises us a great deal of freedom from laws, from courts, and from lawyers.
 Today, we are drowning in laws, we are contorted by judicial decisions, we are driven to distraction by omnipresent lawyers in all parts of our once private lives.  America has a place for laws and lawyers, but that place is modest and reasonable, not vast and unchecked.  When the most important decision for our next president is whom he will appoint to the Supreme Court, the role of lawyers and the law in America is too big.  When lawyers use criminal prosecution as a continuation of politics by other means, as happened in the lynching of Scooter Libby and Tom Delay, then the power of lawyers in America is too great.  When House Democrats sue America in order to hamstring our efforts to learn what our enemies are planning to do to us, then the role of litigation in America has become crushing.
 We cannot expect the  Lawyers' Party to provide real change, real reform  or real hope in America.  Most Americans know that a republic in which every major government action must be blessed by nine unelected judges is not what Washington intended in 1789.  Most Americans grasp that we cannot fight a war when ACLU lawsuits snap at the heels of our defenders.  Most Americans intuit that more lawyers and judges will not restore declining moral values or spark the spirit of enterprise in our economy.
 Perhaps Americans will understand that change cannot be brought to our nation by those lawyers who already largely dictate American society and business.  Perhaps Americans will see that hope does not come from the mouths of lawyers but from personal dreams nourished by hard work.  Perhaps Americans will embrace the truth that more lawyers with more power will only make our problems worse!

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
 ***(**& ***(**& ***(**&
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2008, 04:29:37 PM »
remember all the fuss when dan quayle misspelled potato? Or when W makes up a new word? funny how nobama gets a pass. But there are 57 islamic states,maybe that is what he meant.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2008, 04:32:58 PM »
great post retired. It hits the nail on the head of the major problems with our government. Dan Quayle also said at an ABA convention "this country doesn't need 70% of the world's lawyers". That was great! And he himself is an attorney.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »
I can't wait to see who he chooses as his running mate.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2008, 10:16:59 PM »
Boy, you'd think that there must be NO Republican lawyers, since they are so evil and all.

Why do Republican politicians hate lawyers?

Because they are among the top donors to the Democratic party?

Why do Republican politicians hate unions?

See above.

Who are the biggest donors to the Republican party?

Multi-billion dollar corporations.

Who do the Republicans support?

Multi-billion dollar corporations.

Who do you go to when the multi-billion dollar corporations hurt a loved one?

A businessman, of course.  Lawyers are just blood-suckers who are getting rich off the misery of others.

No multi-billion dollar corporation would ever do anything like that.

Halliburton isn't making Dick Cheney a few million every year while serving the troops in Iraq rotten food.

Nope, blame the lawyers.

Cuz the Republican propaganda machine told you to hate them.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2008, 12:37:51 AM »
check into unions; what purpose do they serve anymore? Higher priced cars.
cheney has a retirement earned from haliburton. that is his only tie,but keep up the tired rhetoric.
Why are the dems anti business?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2008, 10:56:25 PM »
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2008, 01:23:00 AM »
Guess I am the klingy type.  I will sacrifice MPG for ability to protect myself and my family.