Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: obama  (Read 34590 times)

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
Re: obama
« Reply #300 on: September 23, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »

Share/Bookmark

"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

King Abdulaziz ibn Saud...circa 1930
Cited by Ronald Lacey in "The Kingdom:  Arabia and the House of Saud"

Offline prE4chEr

• Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 23, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
Are you insane?

Nope, just crazy.

"I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane
Nobody knows if it's something to bless or to blame
So far I ain't found a rhyme or a reason to change
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane" Waylon Jennings
(\__/)
(o.O )
(> < )  Look into my evil eye. Bunny needs brains.....BRAINS!!!

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 23, 2008, 05:26:08 PM »
All you do is troll for lies to support your racist views.

Go ahead and say it.

No black muslim should be running the US, even if he's elected.

You said it. Not me.  So are you admitting he is Black and a Muslim?  I mean I am speaking of Nobama here....right?  What ever happened to the white side of the family?

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 23, 2008, 05:40:10 PM »
You said it. Not me.  So are you admitting he is Black and a Muslim?  I mean I am speaking of Nobama here....right?  What ever happened to the white side of the family?

He spent his whole life with the white side of the family. He spent very little time with father. Maybe he doesn't feel the need to defend the white side of his family. Maybe he doesn't have any issues with the white side of his family.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 23, 2008, 05:45:49 PM »
The question was not aimed at you Preacher.  It was aimed at What-The.  He loves shooting off his mouth. 

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 23, 2008, 05:49:30 PM »
can you guys take a break from this thread to check out my thread in crime stoppers. it is kind of important.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 23, 2008, 05:50:01 PM »
All you do is troll for lies to support your racist views.

Go ahead and say it.

No black muslim should be running the US, even if he's elected.

No Muslim should be running the US.  Period.  You are the one that made it a race issue by putting the two words together. 

And I can assure you, if the Rev Jesse (Christian) can't get his party's nomination, the country will not be voting for Louis Farrakhan (Black Muslim) anytime soon.  That is a reasonably LOGICAL - not racist conclusion.

That being said, the country will not allow an openly (practicing) Muslim into office either.  No matter what color.  Whether the average Joe and Josephine really know that much about Islam, they DO remember it's connection with 9/11.  One thing the MSM has helped us out with is it's daily blathering of the term(s) including "radical islam".  The problem with Obama is his renunciation of Islam is unclear and or questionable at best.

I am not going to judge another persons heart, but I am not convinced this guy is for real.  Islam allows for and encourages the wolf in sheeps clothing gig to further the greater cause.
"In order to be a leader of men, a man has to receive an education in his own country, among his own people, and to grow up in surroundings steeped with the traditions and psychology of his countrymen.  Not only did Western education not fulfill that condition, but it tended to wean a young man from the traditions and customs of his country."

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 23, 2008, 06:07:46 PM »
What the.....are you calling me a racist? ***(((* ]

Please don't post things on here like that so my black daugher, black son-in-law, black grandchildren can read it.  They don't know.  You are barking up the wrong tree.

I would vote for JC Watts or any other conservative black man in a nano second.  I wouldn't vote for Obama  :th_thmuwahaha-1: if he was white.  He is for so many things that I am against.  Won't go into them here because there are too many.

Wait a minute, you called me a liar too!  You don't even know me!!!!!!
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 23, 2008, 06:34:54 PM »
Thomas Sowell has lots to say.

Who was it who said, "crack-brained meddling by the authorities" can "aggravate an existing crisis"? Ronald Reagan? Milton Friedman? Adam Smith? Not even close. It was Karl Marx. Unlike most leftists today, Marx studied economics.

Is the current financial crisis going to lead to crack-brained meddling or to some rational actions? Predicting what politicians are going to do is risky business. We will have to wait and see.

Saints are no more common on Capitol Hill than they are on Wall Street. We can only hope that the political "solution" does not turn out to be worse than the problem.

There are times when government intervention can make things better. But that is no guarantee that it won't make things worse. As they say, "the devil is in the details"-- and we don't know the details yet.

Probably most members of Congress don't know the details yet-- and many may still not know the details when the time comes for them to vote on this bailout.

Taking an optimistic view, this biggest bailout of all time may stop the problems in financial markets from spreading into the general economy-- which is currently nothing like the disaster area that the media portray it to be.

Ninety percent of the people on this planet would exchange their economic situation for ours in a minute. The media love hype, and have been dying to use the word "recession" all year but nothing has happened that meets the definition of a recession.

The American economy is growing, not declining. Our unemployment rate is up to 6 percent but there are countries that would be delighted to get their unemployment rate down to 6 percent. Our inflation rate is up a little but many countries would love to get their inflation rate down to where ours is.

Why then is there such a mess in the financial markets? Much of that mess is due to the very people we are now turning to for solutions-- members of Congress.

Past Congresses created the hybrid financial institutions known as Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, private institutions with government backing and political influence. About half of the mortgages in this country are backed by these two institutions.

Such institutions-- exempt from laws that apply to other financial institutions and backed by the implicit promise of government support with the taxpayers' money-- are an open invitation to risky behavior. When these risks blew up in their faces, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taken over by the government, costing the taxpayers billions of dollars.

For years the Wall Street Journal has been warning that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were taking reckless chances but liberal Democrats especially have pooh-poohed the dangers.

Back in 2002, the Wall Street Journal said: "The time for the political system to focus on Fannie and Fred isn't when we have a housing crisis; by then it will be too late." The hybrid public-and-private nature of these financial giants amounts to "privatizing profit and socializing risk," since taxpayers get stuck with the tab when high-risk finances don't work out.

Similar concerns were expressed in 2003 by N. Gregory Mankiw, then Chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers to President Bush. But liberal Democratic Congressman Barney Frank criticized Professor Mankiw, citing "concern for housing" as his reason for supporting Fannie Mae. Barney Frank said that fears about the riskiness of Fannie Mae were "overblown."

Maxine Waters and other members of the Congressional Black Caucus have also been among the liberal Democrats defending Fannie Mae. Just last year, Senator Charles Schumer advocated legislation to allow Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to increase their already huge role in the mortgage market. Republican Congressman Mike Oxley has also defended these hybrid financial giants.

Both Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have been generous in their contributions to politicians' political campaigns, so it is perhaps not surprising that politicians have been generous to them.

This is certainly part of "the mess in Washington" that Barack Obama talks about. But don't expect him to clean it up. Franklin Raines, who made mega-millions for himself while mismanaging Fannie Mae into a financial disaster, is one of Obama's advisers.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 23, 2008, 06:45:40 PM »
Quote from matrsnot's post: "Why then is there such a mess in the financial markets? Much of that mess is due to the very people we are now turning to for solutions-- members of Congress. "

The majority being Democrats.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 23, 2008, 06:51:52 PM »
Ninety percent of the people on this planet would exchange their economic situation for ours in a minute. The media love hype, and have been dying to use the word "recession" all year but nothing has happened that meets the definition of a recession.

85% of all statistics are made up on the spot half of the time.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 23, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »
Conveniently missing the part about Obama's financial advisor?  Come on.  Cherry pick some more and ignore the meat of the subject.  Nobama is useless.  Awwwwww.  I hit a nerve somewhere.  I lost a whole karma!!!!!!! ;D

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 23, 2008, 07:24:14 PM »
Conveniently missing the part about Obama's financial advisor?&nbsp; Come on.&nbsp; Cherry pick some more and ignore the meat of the subject.&nbsp; Nobama is useless.&nbsp; Awwwwww.&nbsp; I hit a nerve somewhere.&nbsp; I lost a whole karma!!!!!!! ;D

Me too.  That's a sign of desparation I believe.  Lack of words maybe?  No more debate, I'll just take Karma away.  LOL

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 23, 2008, 08:44:06 PM »
I haven't taken karma away from anyone ever. It's just not my scene. Oh wait. I am lying. I think I took karma away from SWAY when she said she was trying to get to -100. Dang. I hate fibbing.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 23, 2008, 08:52:48 PM »
I didn't take any Karma.  And I agree Obama is useless.  Just pointing out that most people say they aren't happy with the situation in the US at this time thus we need to hava a Democratic President when the truth of the matter is that alll this has happened under a Democratic congress.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 23, 2008, 08:54:02 PM »
what is nbsp

Offline contemplating

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 23, 2008, 09:23:01 PM »
I think I know who it was, it was just funny how MN and I lost at the same time.  It is no secret now that the Ohhhh Biden gang has plenty of volunteers - both on charter and free lance trolling boards, blogs, etc doing everything they can to change peoples minds.  Anything.

Whether it was officially sanctioned or not I don't know, but there was a professor out east that was offering 2 college credit hours to students pledging to vote for OB.  These people are shameless.  My wife and I were both holding jobs and still raising 5 kids when we began working on our degrees.  We still had 4 in the house when we got them.  Not boasting - making a point about working for as opposed to being handed things.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 24, 2008, 10:17:10 PM »
I think Obama will do very well at the debate Friday.  He will be able to talk out both sides of his mouth without interference and agrue his points with himself.  McCain will be busy conducting REAL congressional business.  THAT is where the Leadership is.  It is not in conducting a damn debate while the country is in crisis.  Just my opinion of course.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 25, 2008, 01:44:29 AM »
President Bush Calls Obama And McCain (Obama Flip-Flops, Caves In - Will Go To DC
Washington Post ^| 9/24/2008 | Michael Abramowitz

White House spokesman Tony Fratto said President Bush called Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama tonight around 7:30 pm. Bush and GOP presidential hopeful nominee Sen. John McCain also spoke this afternoon, and their staffs conferred afterwards, Fratto said.  The president has invited the bicameral and bipartisan leadership, and the two senators running for president, to the White House tomorrow, "to work on driving to a bipartisan and timely soultion."  Obama has agreed to attend the meeting.  "A few moments ago, President Bush called Senator Obama and asked him to attend a meeting in Washington tomorrow, which he agreed to do," Obama-Biden spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement...
(Excerpt) Read more at voices.washingtonpost.com ...

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 02, 2008, 04:31:37 AM »
I am voting for Obama for one of the most important reasons ever. I am voting for Obama so I can "give up" my black friend. Right now if someone calls me racist I have to say, "Hey buddy. I'm not racist. One of my best friends is black." After I vote for Obama I will be able to say, "Hey buddy. I'm not racist. I voted for Obama." Then if I still have a black friend, he will know that it isn't because I am trying to meet my quota.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 02, 2008, 02:09:44 PM »
That's funny. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 02, 2008, 03:36:45 PM »
That's dumb.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 02, 2008, 03:59:13 PM »
What, I think it is funny.  How many people have you met in your life who say "I'm not a racist, my best friend is black."  That certainly doesn't mean they aren't a racist.  It just means one black person happen to meet his criteria for being a friend.  "He's not like the other black people."  Preach, I still think it is a clever statement.  I never would have thought of that.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 02, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »
That's dumb.

I think what you meant to say was, "Gee, that was funny but I can't admit to laughing at something someone I hate posted so I better attack!  Now, let me think, what witty reply can I come up with?  I know a black man, and preacher, you are no black man....no, no, that won't work...hmm how about,
a priest, rabbi and monk walk into a bar and the priest is carrying a black man on his...no, that's dumb.

Wait!  That's it!!!!

That's dumb."
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 02, 2008, 04:44:53 PM »
I don't hate you and I don't think you are witty.  Sorry.

I think what you meant to say was, "Gee, that was funny but I can't admit to laughing at something someone I hate posted so I better attack!  Now, let me think, what witty reply can I come up with?  I know a black man, and preacher, you are no black man....no, no, that won't work...hmm how about,
a priest, rabbi and monk walk into a bar and the priest is carrying a black man on his...no, that's dumb.

Wait!  That's it!!!!

That's dumb."
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 02, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
 :yahoo: Preach, If you could only channel all that wit and intelligence for good!!!!!!!!!       

:laola:

Offline oldcowpoke

• View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 02, 2008, 05:29:34 PM »
He already is channeling it for good. This forum has improved about 1000% since he got here.

Offline prE4chEr

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 03, 2008, 12:05:09 AM »
He already is channeling it for good. This forum has improved about 1000% since he got here.

Thank you. That is nice to hear. My parents would be proud of me. They always taught me to leave the conditions of a place I visit better than when I got there.
(\__/)
(o.O )

"All that we see or seem

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2008, 01:53:24 AM »
Just for you winston

The Content Of His Character
spectator.co.uk ^ | October 24, 2008 | Melanie Phillips

One of the most sinister and insulting accusations hurled at any criticism of Barack Obama is that it is motivated by ‘racism’ – indeed, that if he loses the election this will be due to the incorrigible racism of red-neck America. This email from Huntley Brown, a black concert pianist and committed Christian, gives the lie to that disgusting smear. There are a number of reasons why, following the dictum of Martin Luther King that someone should be judged not by the colour of their skin but by the content of their character, Brown finds he cannot possibly vote for Obama whose views he finds to be anti-Christian. For me, the most telling passage in his email is this:

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenets that said they have a ...

1. Commitment to the White Community

2. Commitment to the White Family

3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic

4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community.

5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions

6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System

7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.

Would you support a President who went to a church like that? Just change the word from white to black and you have the tenets of Obama's former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside. This kind of church is a racist church... A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if itʼs a white church or a black church it's still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

Precisely. As I have been saying repeatedly, the issue that should concern people is not so much Pastor Wright, odious though he is – it is the church to which Obama belonged for two decades, where he regularly worshipped and whose odious racist philosophy to this day he has never publicly questioned, let alone renounced. Brown also strikes a big chord with me when he writes:

I have problems with both candidates, but the differences I have with Senator McCain are pale in comparison with the ones I have with Senator Obama.

Me too. But now look at what happens when a principled American citizen dares voice such a heresy:

The sad part is I have been getting hate mail and my family is being harassed. As you can imagine not everyone is happy with my e-mail. God bless you richly.

And God help America.