Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: obama  (Read 33216 times)

Offline fish

• View Profile
obama
« on: February 22, 2008, 12:54:12 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

will obama be the dem nominee if he has the most delegates?
1968 hubert h humphrey did not win a single primary. he did not compete in any of the states primaries. only 13 states had primaries then. he concentrated on winning delegates that were controlled by dem party leaders.
this maybe history repeating itself. obama may have the lead, but hillary will I suspect, do whatever it takes to win the nomination. The super delegates and the courts will be in play to get mich, and florida delegates to count.
what will happen if hillary gets the nomination despite obama being the leader before the convention?

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: obama
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 05:30:15 AM »
Super Delegates for the Dem party can vote for who they want to I understand.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 08:54:18 PM »
yes they can, that is why they are being courted by both camps.

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 04:24:35 AM »
Yet one more portion of politics I do not agree with.
I feel super delegates should only come into play if the nominees are tied in the primaries.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 02:15:00 AM »
nobama is becoming the gift that keeps giving;

[color=black size]‘Bitter’? ‘Clinging to Guns’? No, ‘Dumb as a Box of Rocks’[/color]
Special to FreeRepublic ^ | 12 April 2008 | John Armor (Congressman Billybob)

Posted on Friday, April 11, 2008 8:22:14 PM by Congressman Billybob
In San Francisco last week, Senator Barack Obama, Democrat candidate for President, made a certain statement about people who live in small towns in Pennsylvania. He is about to undergo a primary in that state against Senator Hillary Clinton, the other remaining Democrat candidate for President. Why should a comment made by a candidate in San Francisco about people who live in Pennsylvania be of the slightest interest to the people who live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of western North Carolina? Simple. Almost half of the people here, in the 11th Congressional District of North Carolina, also live in small towns, and have experienced some of the same losses as the folks in the small towns of Pennsylvania. Depending on the outcomes in Pennsylvania and then in North Carolina, the Democrat primary for President may shortly be over, not mathematically over, but over for all intents and purposes, as my sainted mother used to say. So, these remarks should be considered here, in the mountains of North Carolina. These are Senator Obama’s words, as posted on Jonathan Martin’s popular blog on politics, Politico on 11 April: “You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them. And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.” SOME of the jobs have gone from these communities. At worst, factories have been closed, the equipment has been shipped overseas, and the final indignity was to pay old employees to train their replacements, before firing them. But the people hereabout are smarter than to sit and wait for the government to bail them out. Communities have banded together to seek different opportunities in different fields. The greatest errors in this high-fallutin dismissal of small town folks is in the rest of this arrogant quote. Most people here are not bitter. Bitter is for people who have given up. We have not given up. No one here “clings” to his religion. Those who hold religion important, believe in their religion and try to live by it. I pity Obama if all he has is a religion he can “cling” to. No one here “clings” to his guns. Most of us grew up with guns. We respect them, know how to use them, and most households and more than a few vehicles contain guns. Shootings of people are very uncommon in these parts. Perhaps Obama hasn’t read his Robert Heinlein. “An armed society is a polite society.” He probably hasn’t read his Constitution carefully, either. The Supreme Court will shortly issue a decision that will educate him, tell him that the Second Amendment provides a personal right “to keep and bear arms.” Obama thinks we have antipathy to those who are not like us. There are few greater differences than between the Scots-Irish who came to these mountains and the Cherokee who were here when they arrived. It’s taken some centuries, but we got it sorted out. We are not “anti-immigrant.” Most of us are immigrants, both recent and centuries ago. We do think, however, that everyone should play by the rules. So, we are against “illegal immigrants.” And we are careful with our words. These are no more “undocumented workers” than a bank robber is an “undocumented borrower.” Far from being “anti-trade,” we have been in favor of international trade since we produced goods and products that were sold in Europe from these colonies. But we are in favor of fair trade, where the benefits flow both ways. We don’t like to get ripped off in an unfair deal. We can reach one conclusion from Senator Obama’s remarks. Whatever else he is, or knows in different contexts, when it comes to understanding the people who live in America’s small towns, he is dumb as a box of rocks. But then, what do I know? I just fell off the turnip truck in a small town in North Carolina. - 30 - About the Author: John Armor practiced in the US Supreme Court for 33 years. John_Armor@aya.yale.edu He is running for the 11th Congressional District of North Carolina.

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 12:50:55 PM »
In my opinion NObama doesn't really know anything about anything that is important to the American People !!!  again IMO.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 07:10:20 PM »
If your going to be dumb, you better be tough!

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 07:33:06 PM »
nobama's world has been turned upside down. he is no longer the "anointed" one. he is scrutinized more. he finally will meet with chris wallace on fox news for an interview he has been avoiding. If nothing else obama/hillary have surely increased popcorn sales.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:50:56 PM »
I've been watching Hillery start turning up the pressure on Obama and that will continue until this primary season is over.  I don't believe she will step aside, because she thinks she deserves the nomination.  I also think many people that voted for Obama before his recent problems over Wright and the bitter comments may be thinking they could have made a mistake.  The guy is really an unknown!  He is a great orator, but his actions before all his current talk about coming together really don't support what he's saying.  Time will tell what the final outcome will be.  I have a feeling the Dems may also take a look at how they run primaries in the future, because of what is currently happening during this primary.  In any event, looks like the Democrats have their own internal problems which may cause them some serious problems during the general election.  Again, only time will tell. 

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 03:58:01 PM »
All those problems.  A darn shame ain't it?

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 07:07:56 PM »
Makes me say "GOOD STUFF" when I watch them eating their young over some of the stupid crap they are complaining about.  Both are going negitive against each other.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 10:17:29 PM »
I'd say you are right 02. It has been great to watch those to beat each other up. I only wish mccain would act more conservative while they are bashing each other over character and issues.

Offline Gascozark

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2008, 01:50:28 AM »
More about Hussein.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EMnmUk8bog

The video has been removed from Youtube.  Does anyone have another link to the same video?

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 01:50:52 AM »
[color=black size]Obama's odd coincidence?[/color]
American Thinker ^ | 5-10-08 | Thomas Lifson A Chicago pol's wife gets a 200 grand salary bump (almost tripling her compensation) and a year later hubby seeks to channel a million bucks to the wife's employer. Good old time Chicago politics, right? Apparently not, because the candidate in question is running on a platform of change, and he seems like such a nice fellow. Leon H. Wolfe of Redstate is being awfully judgmental here isn't he? Barack Obama, allegedly decent guy and agent of "change" in Washington, requested an earmark in 2006 for $1 million taxpayer dollars for the hospital where his wife works. Said hospital, by the way, gave Michelle Obama a huge raise (nearly $200,000, more than doubling her salary) in 2005 after Barack got elected to the United States Senate. Now, I know that there are lots of ways to talk about transactions like this involving public officials - quid pro quo, etc., but I prefer to call a crook a crook and just say that we're dealing with good, old fashioned, public corruption here. I am sure that Barack Obama will be able to distinguish between his acts here and the actions that landed Randy Cunningham in jail. But like Wolfe, I am curious about what he would have to say. Of course that would require a media willing to ask tough questions, and probably be branded as a racist for their trouble. We noted back in 2006 that her salary nearly tripling , oddly followed the election of her husband to the United States Senate: How much is she scraping by on? According to a tax return released by the senator this week, the promotion nearly tripled her income from the hospitals to $316,962 in 2005 from $121,910 in 2004. Her income coincidentally jumped when her husband was elected to the United States Senate. She handles "community outreach" for the University of Chicago Hospitals, which does indeed sound like vital work, right up there with open heart surgery. Maybe we are all supposed to hope that Obama, who rose through the Chicago political machine, really is different. After all, this could be just coincindence.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 02:38:03 AM »
More Celebrity Endorsements for Barack Obama: Kim Jong-Il and Fidel Castro
LGF ^

It’s nearly unanimous; terrorist groups and cruel dictators have made a clear choice in the US presidential election: OneFreeKorea - Obama Gets Another Unwanted Endorsement.  The Chosun Sinbo, the mouthpiece of North Korea’s Japanese front organization Chongryon and often for the North Korean regime itself, has announced its preference for Obama over McCain, whom it calls “a variant of Bush” and “nothing better than a scarecrow of neoconservatives,” which is a bit odd considering that the Bush Administration’s giveaway diplomacy is better for Kim Jong Il than even Clinton’s awful performance.  It’s worth pausing to consider the disturbing rhetorical similarity between the Chosun Sinbo and Daily Kos, although the sheer incoherence of Bush’s North Korea policy makes any comparison to it questionable. ...  North Korea’s endorsement of Obama will probably draw comparisons to the unwanted Hamas endorsement of Obama, which Hamas later withdrew after Obama spoke at AIPAC’s convention. Fidel Castro, by contrast, took a more sophisticated and self-aware approach: 
  • n Monday [Castro] gave Senator Barack Obama an endorsement of sorts, calling him “the most progressive candidate to the U.S. presidency” while also berating him for his plan to continue the trade embargo against Cuba. “Were I to defend him, I would do his adversaries an enormous favor,” Mr. Castro said. “I have therefore no reservations about criticizing him.” [N.Y. Times, The Caucus]  Which Castro then proceeded to do, on Obama’s stated support for trade sanctions during a campaign speech to Cuban exiles in Miami.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2034766/posts

shadylane

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:42 AM »
Yes its unanimous not only the american public but even the rest of the world, dictators included prefer Obama.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2008, 02:22:32 PM »
What American Public are you referring to?  We are a long way from putting this guy in office.  A long way.  The only American public that prefers him are the democrats and the mainstream news media.  He is inexperienced and has shown himself to be completely out of touch with most of us.  He would completely disarm America, as a nation and as individuals too.  I am waiting for the SCOTUS decision in DC v Heller.  We will see how he reacts to that.  He wants to give aid and comfort to our enemies by "talking" with them. Talking has never done any good against fanatics.  He has the true potential to completely ruin this country and our government.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »
And, he has proven himself not to be trustworthy by his decision not to take public funds for his election.  He even signed a paper that said he would take public funding but now that he has so much more money that McCain he has gone back on his word.  I would like to know who his backers are and don't give me that over 1,000,000,000 people who have given less than $100.  He has to have someone backing him with big bucks someone who has a motive for wanting him to be elected.  I say "Liar, Liar Pants on Fire."  (yes I am over 13)

Although I did hear something today that made me say HMMMM.  The Catholic church is against Obama because of his stand on abortion.  What about their stand on divorce?  Guess the Catholic Church won't be supporting any candidate.  Maybe the stand on divorce has gone the way of eating fish on Friday.  I don't know.  But neither candidate has my vote for good moral character.  I agree with a radio talk show host.  This election will be decided by people either voting for Obama or voting against him, not necessarily voting for McCain.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 03:14:45 PM »
Is McCain Catholic?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
No I don't think so.  I'm just say that the Catholic Church is not backing Obama because of his stand on abortion.  I don't know if they are backing McCain or not but I didn't here them make a statement that they were not backing him because of his divorce which last time I heard (and as I said I'm not Catholic) was against the laws of the Catholic church just like abortion is.

retired1_us

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
George Soros is at the top of his "A" list contributors.  Been saying it for a long time.  Soros will be running this country before long if we aren't careful.

Do a search to see what Mr Soros is all about.  He will ruin the country for sure.  JMHO

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 06:38:40 PM »
Not the same thing at all.  You can get a divorce if you are Catholic...both apply for an annulment and get the Church's blessing, which usually is granted if you are honest and forthright.  But there's no taking back an abortion..which is murder.

No I don't think so.  I'm just say that the Catholic Church is not backing Obama because of his stand on abortion.  I don't know if they are backing McCain or not but I didn't here them make a statement that they were not backing him because of his divorce which last time I heard (and as I said I'm not Catholic) was against the laws of the Catholic church just like abortion is.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 06:42:49 PM »
I stand corrected.  I just remember my aunt and uncle back in the 50's didn't have a great marriage but they couldn't get a divorce because the catholic church wouldn't recognize it.  It's kinda like in the Christian Church, picking which of the Ten Commandments you want to uphold.  All sin is equal whether it is retractable or not.  Sin is sin when you do it and you can be forgiven for ANY sin.

Offline What_The?

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 06:53:27 PM »
George Soros is at the top of his "A" list contributors.  Been saying it for a long time.  Soros will be running this country before long if we aren't careful.

Do a search to see what Mr Soros is all about.  He will ruin the country for sure.  JMHO

Just curious as to how you think Bush, Cheney and company have left the country over the past 8 years.  If ruined isn't the right word, throw a few choice one's out there.
"There are plenty of good reasons for fighting, but no good reason ever to hate without reservation, to imagine that God almighty Himself hates with you, too. Where's evil? It's that large part of every man that wants to hate without limit, that wants to hate with God on its side." - Kurt Vonnegut

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2008, 07:00:23 PM »
I wouldn't say ruined.  I don't think they are the best administration we have had in the last couple decades but I do believe they thought they were doing what was good for the US.  Can't say the same for Obama and company.

retired1_us

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
Just curious as to how you think Bush, Cheney and company have left the country over the past 8 years.  If ruined isn't the right word, throw a few choice one's out there.

Well, it would be a tedious process to see just how much of the mess is directly connected to them / him.  The Congress and Senate are the ones pushing buttons behind the scenes.  Simply out, some of the problems we are dealing with go back to the Clinton years.

In the same token, Bill Clinton got credit for Reaganomics.  It takes time for legislation to be drafted and ran through the mill.  Ron's plan worked but it took time.  Not blaming everything wrong on Slick Willy, just trying to illustrate my point - it would take some sorting out to see who really did what to whom.

That being said - we would not survive an Obama / Soros, etc presidency.  Too many in this country are looking for the government to help them out.  The seeds of socialist mentality have been planted.

retired1_us

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 08:49:14 PM »
There are varying opinions on the person Lyndon LaRouche, but his site is one of many that bring out things that should make all of us say "whaaaaat"?

http://www.larouchepac.com/node/10841

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 01:53:57 AM »
how many times have we been attacked since 9/11? The fact that W has kept us safe since then means we are better off now than before W. despite gas prices(that the dems promised they would lower) the economy is still growing. Funny how we don't hear much about how roadside bombs in iraq have dropped 89% a week now. W got the war in iraq funded beyond his presidency, got congress to cave on fisa and approve sheltering phone companies from prosecution for helping the feds get the bad guys. There is a long listof W's accomplishments that have left the country better than he found it. perfect record? Nope, but hopefully mccain can continue the progress.

Offline sway-

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2008, 08:10:17 AM »
It doesn't matter who is standing for abortion or is aganist it..you have to remember that congress is the only one who can change the "law" on it and even then it is a supreme court decsion from the early 1970's[roe v wade]...so i am wanting to say only the supreme court can make any changes to abortion..but that would be taking away the freedom of choice and going aganist the due process clause in the 14th amendment..[right to privacy] so for all you prolifers..dont hold your breath on a turnover anytime soon...in this life time.
Addiciting and expensive just like cocaine

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2008, 02:40:52 PM »
That is exactly why it is important to have a pro life president so he can appoint pro life judges to the Supreme Court, so I'm not holding my breath but I am praying.