Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: American Idol 2012  (Read 11081 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: American Idol 2012
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Fafrd, so far you are right on.  Last night was the first time I really enjoyed listening to Phillip.  I could actually listen to an album of his music.  In fact, I think the top four are the ones who should be there.  I think it will come down to the two guys and probably there will be a last minute twist.  I'm getting really tire of Joshua.  His screaming is not something that I feel would sell CD's.  Also it doesn't take much to see how the judges are trying to push him to win.  There he comes down the lighted stairs with a light show going on around him and 10 violinists and 6 saxaphones and a choir of back-up gosple singers.  Come on....then little Holly gets nothing at all???  And they have the nerve to dis her?  I don't think she'll win it all, but she doesn't deserve the crap talk.  My husband said he would love it if she somehow did pull it off.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »
I don't care for any of them.  First year I really don't care who wins, but I really don't like Phillip.  Can't stand to watch him twist his mouth when he sings. 
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2012, 04:18:02 PM »
LOL...he is a squirrely looking singer, that's for sure.  I don't care who wins it either.  They should actually kick off the judges.

I don't care for any of them.  First year I really don't care who wins, but I really don't like Phillip.  Can't stand to watch him twist his mouth when he sings. 
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 02:12:53 AM »
LOL...he is a squirrely looking singer, that's for sure.  I don't care who wins it either.  They should actually kick off the judges.

They always compare Phillip to Dave Matthews, i dont know i really dont listen to DM.  But finally they did mention the artist that i always think of when i see Phillp sing and that is Joe Cocker.  And if you ever see him perform he makes alot of weird faces and body movements. I also think this has been the best group of singers in the 11 seasons AI has been on. IMO

I watched one episode of season nine and wasnt impressed and didnt watch it. I do know the singer that came in third is doing well in country music now, which seems to be alot of idols singers have made it to the country market.

As for last night show i thought Phillip nailed it, yes i have liked him since the beginning.  Some song choices i didnt agree with and a couple performances that i didnt think were up to par.  Im also a Joshua fan as well, his first song was good, but not great, but boy did he nail the second song.  As for jessica and hollie, hollie did just ok to me, i definately didnt like her rendition of "Faithfully", and i disagreed with the judges about the second song i liked it.  Jessica did well with both songs but the second song was the better performance.

On tonight show i had the top three picked, if the singing goes as it has been i see it as being a joshua vs phillip finale.  But jessica can come back next week and end up in second as well, i can see phillip having a bad performance.  So it could end up a joshua vs Jessica.  Both Phillip and Jessica have had off night and that could come into play next week.  Joshua has been a consistant performer throughout the competition.  I just hope he doesnt suffer from the Idol Jinx.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 04:10:26 PM »
I did love Joshua's performance of "It's a Man's World."

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:09 AM »
Well the Idol Curse struck again, and Joshua Ledet got the boot tonight.  I personally thought it should have been Joshua Ledet vs Phillip Phillips. And as much as i like Phillip Phillips, i think he would lose to Joshua Ledet.  But now that it is Phillip vs Jessica  I think Phillip should win the competition.  As talented a singer as Jessica is i think she needs to mature a bit more, and then she will be unstoppable.  Phillip i think has what it takes to make it now.  I dont know if i like the comparison to Springsteen, ive come to dislike springsteen over the years.  Good luck to both next week.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2012, 01:35:10 AM »
I'm was shocked, Joshua should have been in the final two.  I will not be watching the finale.  I don't care who wins now.  I should be thankful that Joshua didn't win.  Now he can go on and make the kind of music he wants and not have to make what the AI people want him to make.  I don't think we have heard the last of him.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2012, 02:33:12 AM »
I'm was shocked, Joshua should have been in the final two.  I will not be watching the finale.  I don't care who wins now.  I should be thankful that Joshua didn't win.  Now he can go on and make the kind of music he wants and not have to make what the AI people want him to make.  I don't think we have heard the last of him.

No definately wont be the last you heard from him. But he wont be able to put out an album until after the Idol summer tour and i think he has to wait till after the winner puts out a album first

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2012, 04:29:34 PM »
I think Jessica almost fainted!  I was surprised, however I don't really like Joshua's kind of music.  Sort of old fashioned stuff.  Phillip is ok, but I'm not crazy about him.  Jessica has a future and it looks like she must have a big following!  The whole Navy perhaps...lol.  Anyway, I don't care who wins either.  I don't think they started out with a good pool of contestants.  HOWEVER...if you go into the WalMart CD section, you will see SO MANY recording artists that started on AI.  People who don't watch it would never know!  David Cook, David Archuletta, Chris Daughtry, Bucky Covington, Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkston, Kris Allen, Jordin Sparks, Lee DeWyze, Scotty McCreery, Jennifer Hudson, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Elliott Yamine, Adam Lambert and many more!  Also even though not so famous, Taylor Hicks is in the New Orleans club circuit and Nikko Smith (Ozzie's son) is in the St. Louis jazz clubs.  You just never know how things will work out for these kids. 

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:22 PM »
Its all a matter of one persons taste in music.  I personally like both Joshua and Phillip, both for different reasons.  I like the old fashion style of Joshua and i like phillips voice and interpretation of songs.  You dont have to look good or even have a good voice to make it singing as long as you have charisma and showmanship.  If you dont believe me just look at The Rolling Stones.  Even though there are a few Rolling Stone songs that i like, i dont personally think Mick Jagger can sing very well.  But, he is a hell of a showman and has charisma and that has carried them this long(only my opinion)

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012, 02:49:57 AM »
Well Phillip Phillips is the newest AI winner.  I have liked him from the start and was hoping he would win.  I did have some doubts because of the top three. If Joshua would have made it to the final instead of Jessica, things might have been different.  As for last night show the first song i did think Jessica did a better job of singing, and in the second song i think both did equally as well.  The third and final songs, the ones that would have been thier first singles.  I think Jessica was hurt by the lyrics and not her singing, her singing was excellent.  The song itself in my opinion sucked.  On the other hand, Phillips song was lyrically a much better song, and he performed it really well.  I think if Jessica had had a song that was as lyically as good as Phillips song tonights results might have been different.  He might have also gotten some sympathy votes as well because of the news story that was released over the weekend about his medical condition.  Now for anyone that has ever had a kidney stone, you know how much pain is involved.  I can imagine in his case where he has had to have surgery to remove them, the pain was even worse.  I have to give him kudo's for that.

As for tonights show, I enjoyed it for the most part.  the performances that Phillip and Jessica had with thier guest stars were good.  Now for anyone who has made comments about the faces that Phillip makes when he sings.  Did you get a good look at Jennifer Holliday's face, wow, some were scary.  But her voice was fantastic.  I also like the Skylar and Reba duet, they did very good and you can see why the judges compared skylar to reba. And im glad they did the tribute to Robin Gibb of the Bee Gee.

Now for what i didnt like about tonights show.  I have to ask, "why the hell and who the hell told Fantasia and Chaka Khan, those outfits that they wore were flattering"  And i really couldnt have cared about seeing the wedding proposal.  And finally, im a big classic rock person and love Aerosmith, but i have to say, i think i will only listen to albums and will avoid any live performances.  Just didnt sound good to me, but was better than last season when steven tyler was at the piano. 

Offline missouriguy

• Just a guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012, 03:14:00 AM »
Never in my life have I seen such ignorant voting. Jessica got ripped off. Phillip sounds like crap and he ruined Forgerty`s songs with him.Ill never watch that crap show again. Its plain stupid
Live your life and I`ll live mine

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012, 11:40:38 AM »
Never in my life have I seen such ignorant voting. Jessica got ripped off. Phillip sounds like crap and he ruined Forgerty`s songs with him.Ill never watch that crap show again. Its plain stupid

Whenever have you liked anything MG.  It seems you complain about everything.  Just because you dont like Phillips singing doesnt mean Jessica got ripped off. The american public decided Phillip was better.  And If you dont ever watch again, well you probably didnt vote and it wont really make a difference will it

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
We died laughing at Fantasia.  That wig was so stupid and that outfit???  What a weirdo.  They actually put her in a line-up with Rhianna (lol) who is such a beautiful lady.  And wow, Jordin Sparks is a class act!  I liked the last song Phillip sang after he won.  Sounded really nice. 

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012, 05:37:53 PM »
OK Fafrd, I need some info.  I didn't watch the finale.  Who got engaged? 
What I wish I would have seen was Reba and Skylar.  I'll bet that was good because I really like Reba.
Didn't care who won.

Offline small town girl

• Lurker
  • Go to your profile and put something here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012, 06:30:24 PM »
Jessica will actually be better off with not winning. She will not have to sign a contract with American Idol She is free to move on with a career in music. This isn't the last you will hear from her!!! :)

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012, 08:00:24 PM »
Ace Young and Degarmo, got engaged.  she was one of the female contestants from the past that just drove me nuts

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
OK Fafrd, I need some info.  I didn't watch the finale.  Who got engaged? 
What I wish I would have seen was Reba and Skylar.  I'll bet that was good because I really like Reba.
Didn't care who won.

there is a site i go to to download shows that i watch, that you can download AI,  I use Utorrent and go to this other site to download

Jessica will actually be better off with not winning. She will not have to sign a contract with American Idol She is free to move on with a career in music. This isn't the last you will hear from her!!! :)

Actually the top 12 all have contracts now, for the summer tour and it was stated somewhere that no one in the top twelve is supposed to put out an album until after the winner of the show.  But once past that i think they are on thier own.  And its not a contract with AI as it is with the record lable that is connected to AI

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2012, 02:03:10 PM »
That engagement thing was so stupid.  Ace Young down on his knee and from him and on behalf of the Jewelry store, will you marry me? 

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
That engagement thing was so stupid.  Ace Young down on his knee and from him and on behalf of the Jewelry store, will you marry me? 

yeah i could have done without that whole scene

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2012, 01:57:59 PM »
I thought maybe Ryan asked Julianne to get married.  Who cares about Diane Degarmo or Ace Young?

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »
I thought maybe Ryan asked Julianne to get married.  Who cares about Diane Degarmo or Ace Young?

thats the same opinion i have about ryan secrest and his girl.  now if it was j lo...... maybe lol

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 01:28:03 AM »
If it was J Lo and that boy dancer of hers I would get sick. 

Offline lobo4

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 10:22:02 PM »
If you get a chance the Finalist Live show is in Branson right now at the Andy Williams theatre. It's a really good show.  Elliot Yamin, Blake Lewis, Kimberly Caldwell, Lee DeWyze, Thia Megia. are there in the first group. http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fthefinalistslive.com%2F&h=AAQFyZBQ3
In the end we will not only remember the words of our enemies but the silence of our friends...