Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: City Of Waynesville and Administrative Search Warrants  (Read 20833 times)

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Re: City Of Waynesville and Administrative Search Warrants
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2008, 09:22:31 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

That sounds like something that needs the approval of the citizens it will affect.
So, when do the good people of Waynesville get to vote on this?
If the people want it, let them vote for it... or against it. Put it on a ballot.
Wouldn't that be the fair way to handle this?
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2008, 01:59:18 PM »
Ok Semper Fi, I read these statutes.  67.398 pertains only to those entities with a population to 300K or more.  67.400 does not specify WHO can declare a nuisance nor does it actually define what a nuisance is.  67.410 states the inspector can only take property pertaining to the abatement process.  Anything else is still theft.  As for the 1/2 mile from the limits, well, I am glad you guys didn't go there.  I am still not within that perimeter, but there are many who just might have had a large objection to the city encroaching on their property.  While stating building codes in there, I want also to remind any and all of ex post facto.  The citizens cannot be prosecuted for something that was not against the law before it became law.  So if the home was built before the city decided to incorportate building codes or they annexed you in, then they are still outside the law in trying to enforce their codes.  Also, I believe there was a small notation about ALL the residents agreeing to be annexed into the city in these subdivisions.  I am and will stay outside the city limits.  They can provide me with no benefit or services I already enjoy.  Well, one benefit is that I cannot be harrassed by individuals I deem to be unreasonable.  Remember that ordinance will still be on the books long after these council members are gone and the potential for abuse is very high and strong.  I am finished on this particular thread.  My point has been made as has yours. 

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2008, 06:09:30 PM »
Do large cities use these like Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia etc.??

Offline laciesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 02:26:02 AM »
OH MY, That made it very plain for me.  Just made me more aware how one very small group of people can demand and force people to comply.  My question is still, why as a home owner can anyone tell me what I can do with my property and how your opinion of my house and yard are any better than my opinion of my house and yard.  No matter what you say you and the council are saying your opinions is all that counts and ours is nothing to you.  By the way my yard is very nice and so is my house for that matter, So no I don't have to concern myself with your little group but other people in lower incomes do and that is against their RIGHTS as AMERICANS.  You have your believes and that is fine but when do the believes and rights of the citizens come into play???  As I said they don't now you are just going to have your group backed by the LE and a Judge.  No more of this thread for me either, you will never see how this infringes on the rights of citizens in this town and you are just saying, MY WAY of NO WAY
Real love stories never have endings.
Richard Bach

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2008, 07:21:47 PM »
 The city of Waynesville can't even take care of it's own properties. There are several city owned lots and fields that have NEVER been mowed or maintained by the city.
You people have some nerve. Clean up your own filthy rat infested, giant mosquito breeding, a$$ deep to a giraffe weed growing, stinking mud pit, before you go dictating to others.

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2008, 10:33:32 PM »
It has been a while since I was municipal judge but when I was, a municipality with a population under 13,000 did not have to have a lawyer as a judge, this judge did not at that time have the right to issue a search warrant because he or she was not a lawyer.  Those with a pop. over 13,000 must have a lawyer-judge. This allows the judge in the larger city to have the same right to issue warrants as a circuit judge or state judge.  Waynesville has a population under 13,000.  My point is this, the quote here in (2) states that a judge of the court of the United States, or a state court of record or a United States magistrate may issue a warrant ... None of which Waynesville has. The state court of record would be for a city of more than 13,000 population with a lawyer-judge. I don't believe Judge Mac is a lawyer. Maybe the state courts administrator should be called for clarification, as I have said it has been several years since I was a municipal judge.

PS sorry to butt in on your blog. But when I am elected Western District Commissioner I will not ever support county zoning. I have launched my web site.  http//.www.tedhelmsin2008.com, check it out.

Here is the first of a two part narrative to provide background on the city's AUTHORITY to protect the health, welafare and safety of its residents and the community as a whole:

Title 49 > Subtitle VI > Part C > Chapter 327 > Section 32707
§ 32707. Administrative warrants

(a) Definition.— In this section, “probable cause” means a valid public interest in the effective enforcement of this chapter or a regulation prescribed under this chapter sufficient to justify the inspection or impoundment in the circumstances stated in an application for a warrant under this section.
(b) Warrant Requirement and Issuance.—
(1) Except as provided in paragraph (4) of this subsection, an inspection or impoundment under section 32706 of this title may be carried out only after a warrant is obtained.
(2) A judge of a court of the United States or a State court of record or a United States magistrate may issue a warrant for an inspection or impoundment under section 32706 of this title within the territorial jurisdiction of the court or magistrate. The warrant must be based on an affidavit that—
(A) establishes probable cause to issue the warrant; and
(B) is sworn to before the judge or magistrate by an officer or employee who knows the facts alleged in the affidavit.
(3) The judge or magistrate shall issue the warrant when the judge or magistrate decides there is a reasonable basis for believing that probable cause exists to issue the warrant. The warrant must—
(A) identify the premises, property, or motor vehicle to be inspected and the items or type of property to be impounded;
(B) state the purpose of the inspection, the basis for issuing the warrant, and the name of the affiant;
(C) direct an individual authorized under section 32706 of this title to inspect the premises, property, or vehicle for the purpose stated in the warrant and, when appropriate, to impound the property specified in the warrant;
(D) direct that the warrant be served during the hours specified in the warrant; and
(E) name the judge or magistrate with whom proof of service is to be filed.
(4) A warrant under this section is not required when—
(A) the owner, operator, or agent in charge of the premises consents;
(B) it is reasonable to believe that the mobility of the motor vehicle to be inspected makes it impractical to obtain a warrant;
(C) an application for a warrant cannot be made because of an emergency;
(D) records are to be inspected and copied under section 32706 (e)(1)(A) of this title; or
(E) a warrant is not constitutionally required.
(c) Service and Impoundment of Property.—
(1) A warrant issued under this section must be served and proof of service filed not later than 10 days after its issuance date. The judge or magistrate may allow additional time in the warrant if the Secretary of Transportation demonstrates a need for additional time. Proof of service must be filed promptly with a written inventory of the property impounded under the warrant. The inventory shall be made in the presence of the individual serving the warrant and the individual from whose possession or premises the property was impounded, or if that individual is not present, a credible individual except the individual making the inventory. The individual serving the warrant shall verify the inventory. On request, the judge or magistrate shall send a copy of the inventory to the individual from whose possession or premises the property was impounded and to the applicant for the warrant.
(2) When property is impounded under a warrant, the individual serving the warrant shall—
(A) give the person from whose possession or premises the property was impounded a copy of the warrant and a receipt for the property; or
(B) leave the copy and receipt at the place from which the property was impounded.
(3) The judge or magistrate shall file the warrant, proof of service, and all documents filed about the warrant with the clerk of the United States district court for the judicial district in which the inspection is made.
Let's go fishing!

Offline luge

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2008, 07:30:27 PM »
To Little Dog...I don't mean to sound crabby about this response, please don't take it that way.  But I would be interested in knowing what areas in the City you are talking about.  I think our city employees do an excellent job with our parks, the cemetery, our public buildings and the RV park area.  The sewer plant area is kept pretty well, but there is pasture area there as well.  As far as I know, the only other land we own is undeveloped land on T. Highway and F. Highway and no one has to mow undeveloped land.  If I am wrong, please let me know what you think and I will get it addressed.

Just a comment on the administrative warrant:  this is the final step for the building department to get rid of a dangerous building.  That is why I support it.  There are several checks and balances built into it.  Any ordinance could lend itself to abuse.  And the Nazi remark was especially "over the top".  The real Nazi's from the 1940's would have had other ways of taking care of offenders.  I am sorry that some people look at our efforts to make our city a better place to live as infringements on property rights.  But the vast majority of the people I represent want a clean town, and to have economic development, we have to have it.  When you choose to live in a town with other people, there have to be mutual goals that we all strive for...mine are a better quality of life and economic development.  You talk about private property rights, well, what about the lady on Main Street, the people on Sunset Drive, the family on Valley Road  or Hospital Road and the family on Bluff Circle that have to put up with a jungle growing next door, abandoned and neglected trailers or abandoned vehicles next door.  These people have rights, too... To Ted, this is an ordinance recommended by our attorney and backed by Supreme Court decisions.

I really don't mean to get into a spitting contest with people and I will not address this anymore, but if you would like to talk to me and you live in Waynesville, my number is in the book and I don't mind at all talking to people and listening to other ideas.  I think that most of us on the City Council are open to discussion.  I know that I represent about 1500 people, not just my views.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2008, 07:38:56 PM »
Luge, perhaps the property on T Highway does not have to be mowed, but it sure didn't need to be stripped either.  Please don't start on other subjects like that one.  You did make a point about people CHOOSING  to live in the city.  There a  few that were annexed in and had no choice in the matter.  What about their rights?  When you all pay my mortgage and my taxes, then MAYBE you can play dictator.  I chose NOT to live in the city and with good reason.  Too many rules with a few deciding for all.  Not my way of life.  Too much government as I have said before. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2008, 08:03:05 PM »
I hope this isn't off the subject, but would you like a family living near you on the main street of town with a giant confederate flag hanging from their porch, facing the road?  See...you can't make people clean up their act...freedom of speech?  It's just bad taste in my opinion.  It not only detracts from the town's appearance, but also takes away EVERYONE's freedom of speech by maybe visitors thinking the whole neighborhood is nuts.  But no....you can't impede on a person's rights.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline laciesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2008, 02:52:09 AM »
I beleive people should cut their grass also and when this was the only issue the board was dealing with I didn't hear much rumbling.  Why...... because most people agree you should keep your grass cut.  But the board went from that to what you could have in your yard and what you couldn't now that is when people started to get upset.  Now.... the board is talking administrative search warrants.  Why should you even need that to tell people to cut their grass or to pick up trash and I mean trash not what the board decides is trash.  This board just keeps getting more aggressive and for lack of a better term " a little too big for their britches " .  Go back to telling people to cut their grass and I am sure the complaints and accusations would cease.  This board has asked for all the heat they are catching because somehow it has began to believe only their opinion counts.  As stated above when you pay my mortgage and taxes you can tell me how to live until then I say "butt out ".  Let take a look at this from both sides.  Say the board decides a house needs a new roof or a new coat a paint and the family there live pay check to pay check.  This board gives them 30 days to accomplish this task and the family's choice is to paint the house or pay their bill and eat for the month?  Do you really believe in this town there are families like this who do exist along with your 150,000 to 250,000 thousand dollar homes?  Well sorry they do exist and they are as important as any other big dollar citizen in this town.  Somebody needs to wake up before this is totally out of control like the prices on the houses in this town.
To Little Dog...I don't mean to sound crabby about this response, please don't take it that way.  But I would be interested in knowing what areas in the City you are talking about.  I think our city employees do an excellent job with our parks, the cemetery, our public buildings and the RV park area.  The sewer plant area is kept pretty well, but there is pasture area there as well.  As far as I know, the only other land we own is undeveloped land on T. Highway and F. Highway and no one has to mow undeveloped land.  If I am wrong, please let me know what you think and I will get it addressed.

Just a comment on the administrative warrant:  this is the final step for the building department to get rid of a dangerous building.  That is why I support it.  There are several checks and balances built into it.  Any ordinance could lend itself to abuse.  And the Nazi remark was especially "over the top".  The real Nazi's from the 1940's would have had other ways of taking care of offenders.  I am sorry that some people look at our efforts to make our city a better place to live as infringements on property rights.  But the vast majority of the people I represent want a clean town, and to have economic development, we have to have it.  When you choose to live in a town with other people, there have to be mutual goals that we all strive for...mine are a better quality of life and economic development.  You talk about private property rights, well, what about the lady on Main Street, the people on Sunset Drive, the family on Valley Road  or Hospital Road and the family on Bluff Circle that have to put up with a jungle growing next door, abandoned and neglected trailers or abandoned vehicles next door.  These people have rights, too... To Ted, this is an ordinance recommended by our attorney and backed by Supreme Court decisions.

I really don't mean to get into a spitting contest with people and I will not address this anymore, but if you would like to talk to me and you live in Waynesville, my number is in the book and I don't mind at all talking to people and listening to other ideas.  I think that most of us on the City Council are open to discussion.  I know that I represent about 1500 people, not just my views.
Richard Bach

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2008, 03:46:24 AM »
I asked about large cities using this practice and got no public answers.  I received a private one that 1 large city uses this and is in lawsuit heaven as a result.  Yeah I don't live in Waynesville and never will (you wouldn't like my farm animals) but am concerned because it is all our "community".  Has the city looked well into the legal ramifications of these warrants? 

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2008, 03:38:13 PM »
I'm sorry, but I really don't think they have asked people to paint their homes (or have they)?  I don't live in Waynesville, but I fully understand what they are attempting to do and I believe it is for the good of the community.  I know there are a few people out there that have said, hell no we will not get that 30 yr old wreak out of our yard (it has been in the yard for 25 yrs) and no we like the old couch and chairs in the front yard around our fire pit, that have been there for about three years now. (I made that up, but you get the point).  I think it's about time they got some of that stuff addressed since they have been working this issue for over a year now!

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2008, 04:58:48 PM »

Luge, I take particular offense to this statement.  Maybe you're talking about someone else, and I'm jumping the gun, but when you talk about "trailers, vehicles, and a jungle" on SUNSET Drive you are getting by blood boiling.  I have been cited for each of the things you mentioned above, and EVERY TIME I have appeared before the WNAB the charges have been dropped. 

Vehicles?  You yourself said that WAS NOT the intent of the ordnance, but it still happened.
Trailers?  Who's business is it if I have 1, 2, or 20 trailers in my yard??  My property, my right.
Jungle?  Try flowers... yes, I was cited for having FLOWERS that were too tall!!!!!

You say the "intent" does not allow abuse, but the "intent" was NOT to focus on vehicles & such, but rather abate HEALTH and SAFETY ISSUES!!!  You say that my neighbor has just the same rights as I do, maybe so.  BUT, if they wanted pristine yards with limitations and restrictions placed on them they should have moved into a GATED COMMUNITY, NOT a small town city!  I don't care who doesn't like the vehicles in my yard, so long as they're not causing a HEALTH OR SAFETY issue I'll keep them where I want to.

Administrative Search Warrant?  I don't think so, NOT on my property!  And, as I've told the building inspector several times before; step one foot on my property without my express permission and I WILL DEFEND MYSELF AND HOME FROM AN UNWELCOMED INTRUDER!

If you feel that strongly about this matter then put it on the next ballot and let the citizens decide directly.  IF you think this is what the citizens want then you'll have NO PROBLEM passing the ordnance...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2008, 05:32:46 PM »
Next time I go on Sunset, I am gonna see if I can spot your house. Toilet still there? LOL

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2008, 05:37:24 PM »
Growing up just off of Sunset Drive, we lived right by the concrete water tower, back then we were lucky if the city mowed around it twice a year.. I noticed since they have this grass ordinace they are now maintaing it more regularly, that's one good thing that has came from this..

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2008, 05:38:16 PM »
Nope, no more toilet... I do have an electric range sitting out front though, still waiting on the Good Samaritan to come pick it up...
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. Cicero - 55 BC, Rome

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2008, 05:41:31 PM »
Good sam will pick that stuff up?

Nope, no more toilet... I do have an electric range sitting out front though, still waiting on the Good Samaritan to come pick it up...

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2008, 06:15:09 PM »
Good sam will pick that stuff up?

Yup, they sure will.  But, they've only got one guy that does that, and he also takes care of the warehouse, so you may find yourself waiting a week or more for a pick up...

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2008, 06:35:14 PM »
Well Luge, the 2 properties in question are right smack in the middle of the city. I have been maintaining one of them for 12 years myself because the city WOULDN'T do it. I called every week for several months, then it became apparent that they had no intention of mowing or weed eating this property, so I started doing it myself so I didn't have to deal with the mice, snakes and such.
 I'm not going to say where they are right now. I'm going to wait for spring and if the city doesn't start maintaining them, (BECAUSE I QUIT) then I will publish the whereabouts of the properties along with photo's, to show that the city doesn't abide by it's own ordinances.

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2008, 04:57:04 PM »
That is at least twice that you have been asked for the location fo this property, and twice you have not given it

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2008, 05:00:05 PM »
I think Irish is doing that to see if the city even knows where it is.  If they don't, go ahead and take it over.

That is at least twice that you have been asked for the location fo this property, and twice you have not given it
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2008, 06:37:05 PM »
Agreed Coyote. Irish, I would think that the city would be aware of all the properties they own, why should I tell you? For years I begged the city to take care of them, but no one gave a flying rats a$$ back then. But now that I have spent 12 years of time and money for maintence of this lot, the city is all wired up and wanting to know where it is.  Maybe I'll just claim squatters rights!!!LOL
No Irish, like I said, I have no intention of telling you where it is. The city had it's chance to do the right thing and clean up it's property, They blew it!!
We'll see if you can find it when mowing season rolls around. It'll be the one with a$$ deep grass and weeds, and the large sign that reads "this property belongs to the city of Waynesville" 

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
Your killing me littledog!  Sure is funny though.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2008, 07:09:13 PM »
Someone is digging through the books as you speak.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »
This was posted in the DG From former Mayor George Mayor Wheeler.

Letters to the Editor

Published: Friday, March 14, 2008 10:53 AM CDT
E-mail this story | Print this page

Self-righteousness is threat to life quality

Dear editor,

There was a time in this nation when the people were trusted to do the “right” or “best” thing.

Today, the right or best thing is hurriedly defined, rationalized and declared by eager elected officials with a personal agenda, a supposed mandate from a vocal minority and little, if any, understanding of the Constitution or what it means. Familiarity with freedom has truly bred contempt for freedom.

Dictating what is just, correct, safe and progress has become the battle cry of various local officials filled with hubris and a “holier than thou” attitude, defending the intent of new ordinances with no understanding of the consequences of what they promote.

Declaring “We're acting for the greater good” has been the mantra of past tyrants, big or small, throughout history.

My concerns are focused on the current grassroots socialist efforts to control, mandate compliance of “one rule fits all” stewardship of our property, health, safety and welfare.

These socialist desires will produce higher taxes, ever-increasing regulation, less personal choice, stunted growth, bureaucratic doubletalk and lawsuits.

We should be wary of those that confuse real progress and growth with greater regulation, higher tax burdens, and an alarming increase of city expenditures without any real increase in sales tax income.

Undue self-righteousness by local officials is a real threat to our local quality of life.

George Wheeler

Former mayor

Waynesville
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline laciesmom

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2008, 12:16:43 AM »
 ***(**&  ***(**& ***(**& ***(**& ***(**&
WELL SAID!!!!!

Richard Bach

Offline Just_a_Biker

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2008, 01:31:27 AM »
VERY well said!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2008, 09:46:54 PM »
Thanks to George for getting involved again, and I cannot imagine that this could be legal. How do so few people get so much power? I guess we have allowed that to happen. I don't live in Waynesville, but this whole thing is scary to me. I can only hope that Waynesville residents can get this stopped and things don't get worse. Lord knows things like this get people hurt and killed. Look at Dent Co. a few years ago.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline DonJohn

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2008, 04:39:52 PM »
The very consideration of such socialism obviously makes many feel as if their rights are being trampled--all for the common good. Friends, you do not own your homes! You pay taxes on your property-hence you rent from the state. You will never own your homes. The arrogance of officials who not only tax you, but then threaten you with "regulation" "searches" and seizure of property.

You are being lectured to, as if you are stupid! "Moral Right" , the "small fraction of  of people it has a material effect on will cry foul the loudest", "Honest people can tour this city and see that this has been needed for some time". So if it doesn't soak into your thick heads, you are dishonest?
Power to the tax payer, power to the people-don't let a few pop-gun dictators further control your lives! Vote them out. Beware of candidates who want just one more 1/4 cent-just one little inspection. Eventually you will have nothing.   
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(Who shall keep the keepers)

Offline littledog

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »
When are the city council members and the mayor up for re-election?  I know I will be there to cast my vote.
When one gets too big for their britches, we must toss them out on their a$$.