Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Rude employee at the Waynesville City Hall.  (Read 14140 times)

melissaking

Rude employee at the Waynesville City Hall.
« on: March 24, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I went to Waynesville City Hall today to apply for a building permit.  My son, who is 5, stayed out in the foyer, playing with the payphone. It's all glass so I could see him.  I got my permit application and was filling it out.  My son was trying to get my attention and smacked the glass.  I looked at him and he saw the expression on my face and knew to stop.  The two women behind the front counter looked up and told me that my son shouldn't hit the glass.  I had already resolved the issue with a glance my son caught and her comment was unnecessary.   
Now, don't get me wrong... my son can get excited, play a little rough, and get boisterous, as ALL 5-year olds will do, but on this particular occasion, he was actually being well-behaved, if just a little playful.  He even opened the door for a gentleman walking into the building!
As I continued to fill out the application, I overheard one of the ladies say to the other, "She needs to get that kid out of here."
I turned to them and said, "I heard that.  That was VERY rude."  One of the ladies then got up and left the room.   
I just wanted everyone to know that, evidently, children are not welcome down at Waynesville City Hall while a parent might be conducting business.

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Rude employee at the Waynesville City Hall.
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:07 PM »
In that case, I won't take you down there with me when I go..

I went to Waynesville City Hall today to apply for a building permit.  My son, who is 5, stayed out in the foyer, playing with the payphone. It's all glass so I could see him.  I got my permit application and was filling it out.  My son was trying to get my attention and smacked the glass.  I looked at him and he saw the expression on my face and knew to stop.  The two women behind the front counter looked up and told me that my son shouldn't hit the glass.  I had already resolved the issue with a glance my son caught and her comment was unnecessary.   
Now, don't get me wrong... my son can get excited, play a little rough, and get boisterous, as ALL 5-year olds will do, but on this particular occasion, he was actually being well-behaved, if just a little playful.  He even opened the door for a gentleman walking into the building!
As I continued to fill out the application, I overheard one of the ladies say to the other, "She needs to get that kid out of here."
I turned to them and said, "I heard that.  That was VERY rude."  One of the ladies then got up and left the room.  
I just wanted everyone to know that, evidently, children are not welcome down at Waynesville City Hall while a parent might be conducting business.

Offline blissfullybusy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
All the ladies in the city hall have been rude.  Barb is probably one of the rudest people I've met.
Women are Angels

And when someone breaks our wings....

We simply continue to fly.........on a broomstick...

Because we are flexible like that

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 04:20:06 AM »
You should complain to the mayor.  Might give them a reality check!

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
How about just keep your child beside you and make him be still until your finished?  The payphone isn't a toy and I personally don't need little kids to open doors for me.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 12:42:25 PM »
Behaving well differs from parent to parent. I've had parents bring there kids to my place and let them run wild. They say they're behaving, but running around a bunch of breakable things is not behaving. I've also seen a Mother berate her child for touching the bells on the door, which is fun for all the kids. So it all depends on how the other person perceives the childs actions. Their place of business...their rules. No matter how rude they are.......
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 02:38:58 PM »
It won't do any good to complain all of those "ladies" have been there for years and years and they aren't going anyplace.  The mayor will leave before they do.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 03:15:58 PM »
I have to say though, when you work in an establishment that has to deal with customer service, you come across A LOT of unruly and irrate customers, so I would have to say that there are going to be times that yes these ladies are not going to be in a good mood,  I don't particularly like it when someone bites my head off... Maybe you should excuse it,  maybe she was having a really bad day,  it happens

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 03:27:35 PM »
Working in "customer service" type jobs all my career.  One thing I have always been told and it is a well known phrase, "The customer is always right."  Is it hard to deliver that type of customer service, sure it is, but it is your job.  Like I said, those ladies at city hall aren't worried about complaints.  They built the building around most of them.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline awilliams17

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »
I don't agree with the "their business, their rules" comment.  Are there rules posted there about not bringing your children?  I'm pretty sure there aren't.  How do you follow the rules if they aren't posted? I completely understand the frustration that can come along with a customer service job, but I also understand that these women CHOSE to take that job.  Their job is customer SERVICE, and though it may be difficult to be PROFESSIONAL when they're in a bad mood, they should have the gusto to do it.  If you can't control your emotions, you probably shouldn't be working in a job like that.  My opinion is that they feel comfortable.  They know that people HAVE to go there to get things done.  It's not like a fast food restaurant where they can just go down the street to the next one if they get bad service.  These women have no incentives to treat their customers with decency and respect, let alone professionalism.  They are comfortable.  Their jobs are secure, and it's not like their customers have the option of going elsewhere anyway.  It's a shame that they would take advantage of that situation the way they do, but hopefully one day they will realize that life would be a lot less stressful for EVERYBODY involved, to include them, if they would just practice some common courtesy.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:34:05 PM »
What? We aren't talking about a day care.  No one said not to bring your children, just keep them with you and under control.  You know there is a jail in there with who knows what going on.  A kid running around in the hall isn't good.  No.  Customers should act professional also.

I also want to add that once at the Vet, there was a little kid running around trying to pet all the dogs and cats and the mother thought it was so cute and the people were telling him "no no, don't touch the doggy." And mom just grins and tells how much he loves animals.  Until the nurse tells her that he needs to leave the animals alone because they are sick or hurt and some don't like children, or maybe they should wait outside and she'll come get them.  Well, hey...mom gets all snitty about it and they left.  I don't know where they went, but weren't back by the time I got done.  So was the nurse rude?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:30:20 PM »
Post this sign and all the problems will be solved, yah think?
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Princess04

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:33:54 PM »
City hall doesn't  have a Jail, right?  I thought city hall was the Utility Office
"Always follow your dreams...except for the ones when your naked in public"

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 10:37:56 PM »
Trust me, there is a jail in the back!

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 10:57:57 PM »
Trust me, there is a jail in the back!
The orginal waynesville jail was where where the new court sits. You should have seen it. But a better one that that is the old Crocker jail. Talk about cruel and unusual punishment.  :(
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 11:02:39 PM »
The jail is not used.  If Waynesville has a prisoner to house the County does it.

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 12:34:49 AM »
I have been in there without children and they are rude, i have been there twice and both times the same lady in the front was rude..if you're not going to be nice to people get a different job!!

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 01:09:48 AM »
I work in a customer service job too.  I see no reason to be rude to anyone, even when the customer comes in and is obviously upset or whatever.  If one perceives me that way, then they should address it with me right there and then.  That has happened to me twice in 8 years.  If the woman is rude, then tell her so.  Tell her she is rude, crude and socially unacceptable in her job, then waltz out.  Kids are gonna be kids.  You can't stop them no matter what you do.  Most of us do the best we can to control our kids.  Perception of control is in the eye of the beholder, but that does not excuse rudeness.  File a complaint if it will make you feel better, even if there are no consequences for her.

cricket

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 01:35:41 AM »
How about just keep your child beside you and make him be still until your finished?  The payphone isn't a toy and I personally don't need little kids to open doors for me.

I have to agree with Coyote on this one. I think you should also keep your children by your side when doing business. If I was in their postion I would probably be rude as well. I do not like children unattended. I believe in the old rule, children should be seen and not heard!!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 01:46:17 AM »
i agree to a certain point, but some children can not be still and their not bad kids, they just cant do it. But the employees should not have said that out loud. It is not their place to do so, and im sure their children were "perfect" at that age. I dont see nothing wrong with the child holding the door for someone, they enjoy doing that and it shows that they have manners.

melissaking

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 02:29:13 AM »
The Waynesville City Hall is a building owned by the tax payers of Waynesville and the employees wages are also paid be tax payers.  They need to remember that and be more courteous.  My child was not out of controll or running around, he was not unattended.

Offline ATSME

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 05:25:11 AM »
The truth is the (EDITED BY RICK... WARNING.... NO NAME CALLING ALLOWED) was talking behind her back and when she got called down on it, the woman left the room. 

Offline ATSME

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 08:04:23 AM »
I got back on here to correct that, after I realized it, thanks.
for leaving the rest, because it is true.

Offline ATSME

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 08:18:33 AM »
What these women in that office don't realize is that their attitude is a reflection on their community.  I went in there once for a traffic ticket and asked the lady to make a copy, before I went in the courtroom.  She was so RUDE when all I asked of her, was would she please make me a copy of the ticket. She wanted to know why I wanted a copy, like it wasn't really her business why, to start with. 
Besides the fact that the officer had put it down as red when it was green.  He had put a different model than it was.  Who wouldn't want a copy of a ticket like that?  Not to mention the city prosecutor then told me it didn't matter what was on the ticket, it was the same car.  I asked him if a Honda accord was the same as a Honda civic.........I have to say about our prosecutor now when she says reports, etc. aren't done right, I hope these things change

melissaking

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 12:35:19 PM »
I've talked to a few people and they have also told me those ladies at the front were rude to them.  When I first moved to Waynesville last year and went in to pay for my utilities the lady who helped me with that was nice.  She is one of the ladies in the office to the left. Thats the only other time I had to deal with anyone down there, exept when I go in every month to pay my bill.  I might start mailing it...lol

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »
Maybe they ought to schedule a field trip for the grade school kids, so they can see what it's like to work in a City Hall.... :angel: sometimes you just have to get even
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 12:58:34 PM »
i never pay for my utilities inside, i always use the drop box. There is one lady in there when i had to change my address for the utilities and she was super nice, and she has her own office so it wasnt someone in the front.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 01:04:58 PM »
This is weird and I don't mean to brag about my friends, but I picked two of them up in the middle of the night (separate occasions) from that jail.

The jail is not used.  If Waynesville has a prisoner to house the County does it.

Offline hannahsmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 04:21:50 PM »
I pay my bill inside every  month - and have for years and years. I have never found any of them to be the least bit rude.  I have heard the same comments about the employees at the License bureau - and have never found them to be rude, either. To the contrary, the employees at both locations have always been friendly and helpful. But, I go in with a smile on my face and a friendly "Hi" or "How are you today?" Sometimes it is all in how you approach.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2008, 04:29:10 PM »
I've talked to a few people and they have also told me those ladies at the front were rude to them.  When I first moved to Waynesville last year and went in to pay for my utilities the lady who helped me with that was nice.  She is one of the ladies in the office to the left. Thats the only other time I had to deal with anyone down there, exept when I go in every month to pay my bill.  I might start mailing it...lol

Waynesville hasn't cornered the market on rude ladies working at City Hall.
St. James has the same problem.  Same thing here as there, women whose local roots run so deep the building was built around them.  I only had to deal with them when I owned businesses in town, thankfully. 
Remember how we used to complain about clerks at the DMV?  They have all turned into sweethearts over there, but the legacy continues at city hall.
Phelps county courthouse has some of those most helpful, wonderful employees though.
I just really wonder if the deep roots with these women are key to their attitudes.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi