Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: New Waynesville Post Office  (Read 9853 times)

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
New Waynesville Post Office
« on: March 30, 2008, 07:26:31 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

The postmaster said he had a few choices on where to build the new post office, anybody know what they are?

Also, anybody know what is being built beside Casey's or is they anything being build.  Could be just cleaning up.

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
Re: New Waynesville Post Office
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 07:39:16 PM »
i am excited for the new post office, im tired of not being able to find a parking spot and having to wait in a line that is out to the door.

Offline lolly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 09:45:20 PM »
Last I heard, it was supposed to go in front of Orscheln's.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:12 PM »
That would be a great place, but don't look for the lines to go down.  The postmaster in Waynesville has got to be the laziest (well maybe I shouldn't say lazy) but I have been there and the line out the door and he will not step up to a register and open it to help out.  Would be nice to have plenty of parking though.

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 11:22:39 PM »
The location hasn't been decided yet.  The vacant lot next to Casey's is to be the site of a new car wash, the old one in front of the middle school is to be demolished

Offline crazy horse

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »
Irish, I wasn't sure where to put this, but since you recently posted here I thought I'd tell you here. I liked your idea in the paper about calling the police committee Emergency Services committee in case ambulance or fire want to come and meet with the city. I think that was very thoughtful.

Gary

Offline Irish

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 11:36:28 PM »
Thanks, I do try.... @

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 04:45:10 PM »
I heard over by the High School lots of land over there.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 12:41:31 AM »
I once saw the post master yelling at a really really old man, for parking in front of the driveway to the back of the post office.  I couldnt believe it.  The old man had a hard time walking, I imagine thats why he parked there.... Awful.

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 03:32:22 AM »
that is sad, there is not enough parking for hardly anyone. I once had to park in the gravel parking lot across the street when i had my nephew (it was freezing out) and i had to cross the street and walk up the sidewalk just to get some stamps..it was silly! They should have a drive thru for stamps ((*(*&

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 07:26:42 PM »
the postmaster is good at "yelling" at people.  Not the nicest man for the job.  Very customer unfriendly.

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 09:41:14 PM »
I deal with him on a regular basis for my job, and he is always helpful and polite to me.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 10:35:09 PM »
oh, your the one.  I knew there had to be someone out there he was pleasant to.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 10:45:23 PM »
Perhaps I'm just a little more understanding of how swamped they always are down there, and work under some serious constraints on the number of employees, how many hours they are allowed, etc. I know that all working people have tough jobs, but I would not want to be a postal employee. Going postal is more than an expression, imo

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 11:17:35 PM »
Hmm, well if they are swamped as you suggest and that might explain his attitude. You would think he would jump in and start helping out instead of just standing around. Good customer service takes place when you are swamped as well as when you are not busy. 

As for the term "going postal" there is more work place violence in other industries than in the post office system. When it happens at a post office, it makes the new because it is a federal office.  You dont hear people saying "going high school" with the school shootings do you?

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 11:20:39 PM »
Why don't you try walking in their shoes for a week. Most days you can't even call down there because the phone is busy. While the clerks are at the counter, the postmaster is manning the phone.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 11:25:15 PM »
Okie, i do walk in thier shoes.

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 03:06:02 AM »
Oh, okie you are so wrong.  I have been there when the phone was ringing off the hook, line out the door and front counter employees would have to answer the phone, go in the back to check on something for someone or go check someones mail box for them.  I one time said I was going to write a letter to the Postmaster General about his attitude toward people and the fact that I have never ever seen him help the other employees and I was told not to because he would only take it out on them.   Defend him if you want but the old postmaster had the same amount of work and stress and he was always out front helping and never ugly to customers.

UsedFoodProcessor

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 10:48:52 AM »
Crockergal, I can sympathize with someone blocking the driveway if there is no other place to park and they are handicapped - but I cannot count the number of times I have seen someone park next to the handicapped spot, blocking the entrance to the side parking lot just because they are too lazy and inconsiderate to pull into that lot.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 12:54:44 PM »
Used ~ Yeah I could understand if it were someone able to walk a few extra feet.  This old man was OLD lol... But if I had parked there I would expect to get told to move my truck etc.... The old man could of been really rude about it too... I dont know... even so... He should'nt of yelled at him like that~  But I do see your point! ~

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 01:00:50 PM »
There should be more handicap parking spaces.  The one they have now is the farthest from the door :(
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2008, 01:21:04 PM »
oh, your the one.  I knew there had to be someone out there he was pleasant to.

I must be the second one as I have never had a problem with him.  Until I started home pickups in Jan. I was in the Post Office 2-3 times a week. I have seen him open a window and help customers, empty the counter of packages, ask if the clerks needed anything etc.

Let's keep in mind that everyone has a bad day.....some more than others.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:52 PM »
I've never had a problem with him either, but I have known him for years, don't know if that makes a difference. As postmaster I'm sure there are things he needs to get done as well. That doesn't mean that he shouldn't get up and help every time, but there may be times that there are other things he's doing that are more important. JMHO.

Offline 02Tundra

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
Would be nice to get back on the subject, does anyone know where they propose putting the new Post Office?  I've heard the lot out front of Orscheln's is a possible location, but that's not final yet. 

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 03:34:24 PM »
Although there is lots of room in that area, it would be inconveinent to me that's its so far from the square. But then there are those who would be elated because they live on that side of town. No matter where they go it'll hopefully be better.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 05:55:06 PM »
i was looking at that lot when I drove by yesterday.  Doesn't seem big enough to me, then there is the water behind it that does flood sometimes, at least over in the Hull valley area.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

cricket

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2008, 07:35:43 PM »
That would be a great place, but don't look for the lines to go down.  The postmaster in Waynesville has got to be the laziest (well maybe I shouldn't say lazy) but I have been there and the line out the door and he will not step up to a register and open it to help out.  Would be nice to have plenty of parking though.

Actually he cannot step up to the counter and help at a register. Everyone is assigned a draw, no one works out of the it but the person assigned to it, for they are responsible for their own money.

Offline igahmah at work

• Global Moderator
  • Some pursue happiness, others create it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »
Ok, then how about getting packages for people with yellow slips just waiting to pick up a package.  Gene the other guy who works there, if he comes out and sees someone with a card he will go get it, not Jim. No money involved but he still walks right past us. Plus they always have an extra register no one is using,  put cash in it for him and when they are swamped he could use his own drawer.  There is no excuse for him being the way he is.  He obviously doesn't care about customer service and I saw somone ask him once for a piece of tape, he told her she would have to buy a role of tape from the rack behind her.  RIDICULOUS.
When I was young, I wanted to be older.  This is not what I expected!

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 10:55:39 PM »
Dont expect anything to change when the new post office is built.  May have more room in the post office and more parking outside. There will still only be the same amount of employees, that wont change unless the powers that be allow the postmasters to higher the people they need.  At waynesville and all the surrounding post offices.  Crickett, im sure he has his own cash drawer that he can work out of if needed. ((*(*&

cricket

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 01:36:13 AM »
Fafrd who asked you anyway!! lol And by the way we both know he does not! He is the boss!!