Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: NASCAR Rookie Escapes Major Injury After Toyota Rolls 8 Times at Texas Motor Spe  (Read 776 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

NASCAR Rookie Escapes Major Injury After Toyota Rolls 8 Times at Texas Motor Speedway         
Saturday, April     05, 2008                   
                     AP                           April 4: NASCAR officials inspect the vehicle of driver Michael McDowell following a crash in Fort Worth, Texas.          April 4: NASCAR officials inspect the vehicle of driver Michael McDowell following a crash in Fort Worth, Texas.                                                     
  • FORTWORTH, Texas   NASCAR Sprint Cup rookie Michael McDowell walked awayvirtually unscathed from a horrific tumbling crash during qualifyingFriday at Texas Motor Speedway.
McDowell was going into the first turn of his second lap when his No. 00 Toyota got loose, then slammed almost headfirst into the SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barrier. The car ricocheted off the wall and onto its roof, then rolled at least eight times before finally coming to rest at the bottom of the high-banked track.
As he got out of the crumbled car, McDowell waved to the crowd indicating that he was OK.
"I feel great, nothing broke," McDowell said. "I didn't lose consciousness. I felt every roll down the hill."
McDowell said he had "few little bumps and bruises," but was fine other than that.
While McDowell said he didn't know what happened, he said something "didn't quite feel right" on the car when he came out of fourth turn on the first lap.                                                   
      "For me to walk away from that wreck is unbelievable," McDowell said. "I'm going to count by blessings tonight and thank God for this opportunity to walk away from that wreck."
Car owner Michael Waltrip had some anxious moments waiting for McDowell to get out of the car.
"Just from the time it stopped flipping until we saw Michael come out, it seemed like forever," Waltrip said. "That was an amazing crash."
Qualifying was delayed for more than an hour while track officials made temporary repairs to the wall. After qualifying, a 20-foot section of the SAFER barrier was replaced.
"With the initial hit and everything that happened after, I'm real happy he walked away," said Carl Edwards, who qualified second in a run before McDowell's accident."I'm surprised he's not hurt in any way. That's a testament to the safety equipment."
McDowell made his Cup debut last week at Martinsville. A developmental driver for Michael Waltrip Racing, he was promoted to the Cup level to fill a hole in the lineup created when Dale Jarrett retired.
The23-year-old McDowell had a decent run he finished 26th but drew the ire of several veterans for not moving out of the way and holding them up. McDowell has just four career starts in the Nationwide Series, and most of his experience is in ARCA.
Based on owner points, McDowell will start 40th in the backup car for the Samsung 400 on Sunday.
McDowell appeared to be slightly limping when he first got out of the car, but he said he felt better after walking around a bit. He said he was aware of what was going on while his car tumbled down the track.
"I should have, but I didn't close my eyes. I just kind of rode it out,"he said. "It wasn't a fun ride, that's for sure. I stand here with as mile on my face because I'm fortunate."                 
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline 48fan

• View Profile
Safety is no joke in NASCAR.

Ask the drivers what they think of seat belts... Bet they wear them every time they get into any vehicle
well maybe noot golf carts.....

Offline debhake

• View Profile
And with some of the accidents NASCAR drivers have had with golf carts, they should beware of them too!
The young man that crashed went on to race today.  The drivers must have nerves of steel.
And Missouri native, Carl Edwards, won the race!

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
Carl Edwards is a native of columbia missouri i believe and if i have heard correctly he has family in the dixon area