Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Where's the atheists, I'm stirring the pot again  (Read 70394 times)

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
Where's the atheists, I'm stirring the pot again
« on: April 09, 2008, 05:34:08 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I didn't compose this, it's a cut and paste from another forum.  I'm not 100% behind every word here, but the 'why' angle I thought was good.

“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” (Genesis 1:1 New International Version) Everyone knows that verse, even many people who don’t believe it know that verse. I’m sure you have heard the many theories about how the earth was made, theories from a big swirling cloud of dust in space to the big bang theory.

Then the conversation would come to the theories about how man was formed and there are many theories about that, from man evolved from the chimpanzee to man evolved from a blob of protoplasm on a rock.

But none of these theories go back to the reason the earth was formed or how the dust cloud got there, where the asteroids for the big bang came from, who created that chimp or the blob of protoplasm. And the most important question these theories overlook is why. If there is no answer to why then there would be no purpose to any of this.

When a person says that he doesn’t believe something that is talked about by Jesus, Peter, Paul and several others in the Bible he is actually saying that he doesn’t believe the Bible. .....

When God talked about creation He was telling us that there is a purpose in it for us, and He talked about it more than once. When those will-nillies talk about theories of evolution, strictly conjecture mind you, there is no purpose. We could ask God why these thing where created like they were and He would tell us; in deed, we have a book about that. We could ask the evolutionists the same question and the answer would be a long silence or a quick, “Don’t bother me.” The reason is that if they don’t want to come to the realization that there was a creator then they just don’t know.

Here is an inquisitive conversation between a creation believer an evolutionist:

Creationist, “Excuse me sir, what is your view of how the earth came to be?”

Evolutionist, “I believe in the big bang theory.”

Creationist, “Tell me about it.”

Evolutionist, “Well, billions of years ago two huge asteroids collided and out of the debris came the earth and all the other planets.”

Creationist, “Wow, that must have been some explosion. But, where did the two huge asteroids come from?”

Evolutionist, “I’ve been working on that. I believe there must have been two huge, huge dust clouds swirling at great speeds somewhere in the universe. And when they got enough mass generated they somehow solidified and became two huge asteroids.”

Creationist, “Uh yeah. No disrespect intended but where did the swirling clouds of dust come from? Do ya suppose someone was cleaning house and in his sweeping swirled some dust clouds?”

Evolutionist, “No. Now, how could that be? There was no person to do that.”

Creationist, “Well then, where did the dust clouds come from? How did they get there? There must have been a creator even to validate your theories.”

Evolutionist, “Shut up. If you think you know more than me then why did you ask me my thoughts anyway? Get the $^^&%*%* out of here!”

Creationist, “Oh sir, I’m sorry to burst your bubble of doubt, but I have one more question.”

Evolutionist, “Well, if you must ask it then you must. Ask it and get out of my face.”

Creationist, “Well, you say that the earth was formed from a bang from two huge asteroids that collided. And they were formed by two swirling dust clouds. But you don’t know where they came from. So, where does it go from here, what’s the purpose of all this?”

Evolutionist, “ “ (no answer)

If the creationist asked another evolutionist about the creation of man he would get much the same response. The whole reason for these trumped up theories is so that the people don’t have to believe in a creator. But, if there is no creator then there really is no designed purpose for mankind.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” (John 1:1-3 New International Version) He was Jesus who is Christ, He is the Word of God and He created the earth and mankind by speaking, “Let there be…” (Genesis chapter 1)"

Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Re: Where's the atheists, I'm stirring the pot again
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 06:04:12 PM »
Very beautiful paper.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
nice
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 07:17:57 PM »
Where did the creator come from?

Would you like me to give you a link to the author so you can ask him?
I'm not being a smart a**, it's because I am unable to fathom eternity, I can't answer you.

Somewhere, sometime, in a great void of nothingness matter and energy began to create more matter and energy.  It had to have had 'intelligence' behind the activity to have any kind of order and success to it.  Whether we appreciate the value of each and every result just shows lack of knowledge on our part.
Space, as far as known awareness perceives, is infinite. Few would argue that.  A creator with no beginning or end falls into the same mind numbing category.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »
My point was that no one can answer that question on either side of the isle. Not giving my opinion on the matter at all..

Would you like me to give you a link to the author so you can ask him?
I'm not being a smart a**, it's because I am unable to fathom eternity, I can't answer you.

Somewhere, sometime, in a great void of nothingness matter and energy began to create more matter and energy.  It had to have had 'intelligence' behind the activity to have any kind of order and success to it.  Whether we appreciate the value of each and every result just shows lack of knowledge on our part.
Space, as far as known awareness perceives, is infinite. Few would argue that.  A creator with no beginning or end falls into the same mind numbing category.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 09:07:05 PM »
its better to believe in something than nothing.  belief bulids hope, and hope gives us a reason to live.  I hope I go to a better place when I die.  For me, earth is hell.  Is that why mean people live so long?  Is this our test?  Im not sure either way.  I work in a field of science.  Evolution is evident, but maybe we were designed this way...by a higher power...to evolve.  People are taller and stronger, the sickly die, thats evolution.
We will keep asking the same questions over and over and everyone will find out one day....afterlife....or compost?
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:32:21 PM »
I always thought earth was hell, as well. I wondered what kind of punishment could be worse than being responsible for our own misery.
Isn't punishment supposed to teach a lesson?  Cause reform? Yet overall mankind repeats his errors. I know I do.
Compost isn't so bad for a short spell....life regenerates there.  The genetic makeup of every living thing is supposed to be in God's memory.  He brought Jesus back to life, and gave the keys to life to Christ.
Wouldn't it be nice to have the earth free of the messes we've made on it?
I love the words to the John Lennon song 'Imagine'.
Sorry about the rambling...
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 02:42:14 AM »
the atheists are trying to find a book to compete with the bible.
Bible is America's favorite book: poll
Yahoo News ^ | 9 April 2008 | Julie Mollins

NEW YORK (Reuters Life!) - When it comes to literary pursuits in the United States most people agree on at least one thing -- the most popular book is the Bible, according to a new survey. It came in first in a Harris Poll of nearly 2,513 adults but the second choice in the survey was not as clear cut. "While the Bible is number one among each of the different demographic groups, there is a large difference in the number two favorite book," Harris said in a statement announcing the results. Men chose J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Lord of the Rings" and women selected Margaret Mitchell's "Gone With the Wind" as their second-favorite book, according to the online poll. But the second choice for 18- to 31-year-olds was J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series, while 32- to 43-year-olds named Stephen King's "The Stand" and Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons." Picks for second-favorite book also varied according to region. "Gone With the Wind" was number two in the southern and midwestern United States while easterners chose "The Lord of the Rings" and westerners opted for "The Stand." Whites and Hispanics picked "Gone With the Wind" as their second-favorite book after the Bible, while African-Americans preferred "Angels and Demons." "Finally, they may not agree on candidates, but one thing that brings together partisans is their favorite book. For Republicans, Democrats and Independents, the top two books are the same -- the Bible followed by "Gone With the Wind." Dan Brown's "The Da Vinci Code," "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee, "Angels and Demons" by Dan Brown, "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand and "Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger rounded out the top 10 favorites.

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:16 AM »
Stand by when L. Ron Hubbard returns from outer space he will write a new book!!
 Want me to put you down on the list Fish?
 How about you JM?
 These books will sell like hot cakes.
 Dang i'm getting hungry must be the Dex... wearing off :)
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline mai_mai

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 02:35:50 PM »
I loved "To Kill a Mockingbird"

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

retired1_us

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2008, 10:33:54 PM »
I have always asked the question Bird asked - ok, I'm good with the god thing, but where did HE come from.  I began wrestling with that after a sermon from a Presbyterian pulpit 43 years ago.  Very young to begin contemplating such things.  Kept me up late at night for some time to come.  Bottom line, what else is out there?  Finite and infinite?

Offline ♥♣ ~Maynard~♣♥

• GOING GREEN: Save a tree,eat a beaver.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2008, 10:55:08 PM »
Here put this on your tombstones

Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.

I believe in God but if as you say that he doesn't exist no matter i'm just dead. But if there is a God and you don't believe YOUR FRucked and burning in hell.
Remember I'm a nudist so when you respond to one of my post yor talking to a naked man  :)

For entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons living or dead is purely coincidental.

Offline sarah page

• "When The Rich Wage War, Its The Poor That Die"-Linkin Park
  • Muchlove To All
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2008, 11:21:20 PM »
Ok, here's my problem. Grandpa's a preacher and he believes in creation. I'm believe in evolution AND creation I just have a different veiw than whats norm. I believe God evolved with us as we evolved. So as he was bacteria, we were bacteria. Just alittle different. My dad was having the same conversation with the Archologist he works with on post. My dad has his own reasoning on creation/evolution. I believe everyone has their own opinion. Be it athiest, Evolution, creation and so on.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 12:50:55 AM »
God was bacteria? that's a new one. We are not the same as God. He created us,we are not equal with God.. if we were made up of the same as Him what would be the difference? in the bible it states He is the alpha and omega. no explanations.

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 01:27:05 AM »
God was bacteria? that's a new one. We are not the same as God. He created us,we are not equal with God.. if we were made up of the same as Him what would be the difference? in the bible it states He is the alpha and omega. no explanations.
Agree 100%, never ever heard of god being bacteria...lol...thats a new one.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 05:08:43 AM »
What is it then?  A big man riding a cloud with a white beard.'

What is the Alpha and Omega specifically?  Why?

Offline ♣♥Young & Foolish♥♣

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 05:17:10 AM »
why are there so many questions..read the bible!! its not a big man riding a cloud (smart ass ((*(*&)

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 06:17:49 PM »
read the bible dn and you may gain understanding.

Offline sarah page

• Muchlove To All
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 06:34:53 PM »
i actually agree with some of dn's questions. yes i read my bible. But i believe everyone has questions at one point in their lifes that cant be answered by the bible.

Offline fish

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008, 02:29:07 AM »
the bible answers all questions. the person just may not like or accept the answer.

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008, 04:54:56 AM »
Has it answered all of YOUR questions yet?

If it answers all questions... why does it irk you so that there are unbelievers surrounding you?  Wouldn't something that knows all and thus answers all end all strife in the world?

Why hasn't it?  Why hasn't the world seen the light of your beautiful little solve all self help book?

the bible answers all questions. the person just may not like or accept the answer.

Offline sarah page

• Muchlove To All
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008, 08:25:11 AM »
ok then let me post this hypothetical question. "oh boy I'm out of money again, which bipolar disorder med should i go without this month?" What would the bible say then? I know the old God will provide one, but give me one more referance. Believe me, I've looked for one, I havent found it yet. Oh and dont give me the whole "bipolar disorder can be prayed away." Bull snoodles. Even my grandfather doesnt believe that. He has so many health problems he's learned that you cant pray it away. Yes prayer helps, but it's not a cure.

Offline mark

• http://www.gayalpinesurvival.com/
  • Proud Father
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2008, 12:44:10 PM »
If you don't believe in God he is probably not going to reveal himself to you. You can't say God I don't believe in you, but if you are there let me win the lottery. It doesn't work like that. You must first believe (from your heart) then and only then God will reveal himself to you and you will have no doubt. I think it is futile to try and argue about his existence if you don't believe. There are many ways to attain this knowledge and peace. You can start by getting baptized, going to church, reading the bible, changing what you are reading or watching on TV. God works in my life every minute of every day and I have no doubt as to his existence, glory, or truth.
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience.
We are spiritual beings having a human experience.
~Teilhard de Chardin

Offline Rainbow

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 03:54:56 PM »
 ***(**& Well put Mark!

Offline mai_mai

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »
Agree! :)

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »
Disclaimer: I have done research on religion.  Want to be freaked out...read on.  These are not necceserally my opinions, but a copy and past from an excerpt of a diferent "Bible"

IT is a popular misconception that the Satanist does not believe in God. The concept of
"God", as interpreted by man, has been so varied throughout the ages, that the Satanist
simply accepts the definition which suits him best. Man has always created his gods,
rather than his gods creating him. God is, to some, benign - to others, terrifying. To the
Satanist "God" - by whatever name he is called, or by no name at all - is seen as the
balancing factor in nature, and not as being concerned with suffering. This powerful
force which permeates and balances the universe is far too impersonal to care about the
happiness or misery of flesh-and-blood creatures on this ball of dirt upon which we
live.
Anyone who thinks of Satan as evil should consider all the men, women, children, and
animals who have died because it was "God's will". Certainly a person grieving the untimely
loss of a loved one whould much rather have their loved one with them than in God's hands!
Instead, they are unctuously consoled by their clergyman who says, "It was God's will, my
dear"; or "He is in God's hands now, my son." Such phrases have been a convenient way for
religionists to condone or excuse the mercilessness of God. But if God is in complete control
and as benign as he is supposed to be, why does He allow these things to happen? Too long
have religionists been falling back on their bibles and rulebooks to prove or disprove, justify,
condemn, or interpret.
The Satanist realizes that man, and the action and reaction of the universe, is responsible for
everything, and doesn't mislead himself into thinking that someone cares. No longer will we
sit back and accept "fate" without doing anything about it, just because it says so in Chapter
such and such, Psalm so and so - and that's that! The Satanist knows that praying does
absolutely no good - in fact, it actually lessens the chance of success, for the devoutly
religious too often sit back complacently and pray for a situation which, if they were to do
something about it on their own, could be accomplished much quicker!
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 05:33:50 PM »
The Satanist shuns terms such as "hope" and "prayer" as they are indicative of apprehension.
If we hope and pray for something to come about, we will not act in a positive way which will
make it happen. The Satanist, realizing that anything he gets is of his own doing, takes
command of the situation instead of praying to God for it to happen. Positive thinking and
positive action add up to results.
Just as the Satanist does not pray to God for assistance, he does not pray for forgiveness for
his wrong doings. In other religions, when one commits a wrong he either prays to God for
forgiveness, or confesses to an intermediary and asks him to pray to God for forgiveness for
his sins. The Satanist knows that praying does no good, confessing to another human being,
like himself, accomplishes even less - and is, furthermore, degrading.
When a Satanist commits a wrong, he realizes that it is natural to make a mistake - and if he is
truly sorry about what he has done, he will learn from it and take care not to do the same thing
again. If he is not honestly sorry about what he has done, and knows he will do the same thing
over and over, he has no business confessing and asking forgiveness in the first place. But this
is exactly what happens. People confess their sins so that they can clear their consciences -
and be free to go out and sin again, usually the same sin.
and be free to go out and sin again, usually the same sin.
There are many diferent interpretations of God, in the usual sense of the word, as there are
types of people. The images run from a belief in a god who is some vague sort of "universal
cosmic mind" to an anthropomorphic deity with a long white beard and sandals who keeps
track of every action of each individual.
Even within the confines of a given religion, the personal interpretations of God differ greatly.
Some religions actually go so far as to label anyone who belongs to a religious sect other than
their own a heretic, even though the overall doctrines and impressions of godliness are nearly
the same. For example: The Catholics believe that the Protestants are doomed to Hell simply
because they do not belong to the Catholic Church. In the same way, many splinter groups of
the Christian faith, such as the evangelical or revivalist churches, believe that the Catholics
are heathens who worship graven images. (Christ is depicted in the image that is most
psychologically akin to the individual worshipping him, and yet the Chrisitans criticize
"heathens" for the worship of graven images.) And the Jews have always been given the
Devil's name.
Even though the god in all of these religions is basically the same, each regards the way
chosen by the others as reprehensible, and to top it all, religionists actually PRAY for one
another! They have scorn for the brothers of the right-hand path because their religions carry
different labels, and somehow this animosity must be released. What better way than through
"prayer"! What a simperingly polite way of saying: "I hate your guts," is the thinly disguised
device known as praying for your enemy! Praying for one's own enemy is nothing more than
bargain-basement anger, and of a decidedly shoddy and inferior quality!
If there has been so much violent discrepancy as to the proper way in which to worship God,
how many different interpretations of God can there be - and who is right?
All devout "white-lighters" are concerned with pleasing God so that they might have the
"Pearly Gates" opened for them when they die. Nevertheless, if a man has not lived his life in
accordance with the regulations of his faith, he can at the last minute call a clergyman to his
deathbed for a final absolution. The priest or minister will then come running on the double,
to "make everything right" with God and see to it that his passport to the Heavenly Realm is
in order. (The Yezidis, a sect of Devil worshippers, take a different viewpoint. They believe
that God is all-powerful, but also all-forgiving, and so accordingly feel that it is the Devil
whom they must please, as he is the one who rules their lives while here on earth. They
believe so strongly that God will forgive all of their sins once they have been given the last
rites, that they feel no need to concern themselves with the opinion God may hold of them
while they live.)
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 05:38:19 PM »
Most people will just say this is total Blasphemy...but It scares me that there is an ounce of truth in there too.  The history of the satanic church it that is is a force to oppose religion as it was created in the 1960's and meerly.  I figured, why not show the other side.   I have read the bible, parts of the Koran, the satanic bible.  I am a believer in God, but its also nice to know the other opinions too....for education's sake.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower