Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Noise Ordinance  (Read 14959 times)

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
Noise Ordinance
« on: April 10, 2008, 03:07:14 AM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

I called the sheriff office once again this Saturday to complain about excessive noise in our area.  (I live in the county)  We have a crappy rock band that wants to play all day everyday during the weekend and occasionally late at night.  I was told by the dispatcher that there is no noise ordinance in the county.  My question is, how do we go about creating one?  I do not expect complete silence at all times but I find it hard to believe that in today's day and age that Americans do not have the freedom to be safe from noise pollution.  I shouldn't have to hide in my home on a beautiful day because I don't want to be assaulted by the noise from a bunch of middle age idiots that have absolutely no musical talent a quater of a mile away.  I do believe that this is excessive and I find it hard to believe that I cannot get law enforcement support.  If this was going on next door to JB then I bet it would stop real quick.  What can decent tax paying, productive citizens do to stop this immature crap?  Any intelligent suggestions would be appreciated.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
Re: Noise Ordinance
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 03:37:31 AM »
Good luck on this one.  Sorry I have no intelligent suggestions to give, other than try talking tactfully with the offending parties or watch them closely for some law breaking activity to turn them in for.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:51:55 AM »
play louder music! on bigger speakers, some good ole country or sad love songs REALLY loud should help out some!

Offline okie the thread killer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 03:54:08 AM »
Well, I am way more offended by the LOUD radios of passing cars than I would be by a garage band that plays mostly in the day.
I have it on good authority that the Hokey-Pokey really IS what it's all about.

Offline JCorn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 03:59:17 AM »
Kristi, I thought about that but decided not to annoy my neighbors as well.  We all appreciate a peaceful environment so why should I lower myself to that level. 

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 04:09:37 AM »
I know alot of people who choose to live outside of cities, and towns so they can enjoy the freedom that comes with it.
Be that making noise, having junk in their yards, or shooting guns/ hunting. Unfortunately, what Julymorning suggested about talking to the offending parties is your best bet. Just remember to be civil, and talk to them as equals. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 04:19:23 AM »
I speak from experience, and tell you if you can get people who already do not respect your peace to not punch you in the face or get verbally abusive, you are doing well.  But it's worth a shot trying to be diplomatic.  Just don't be surprised if it backfires.
I have learned over the years to take advantage of any quiet time from neighbors to open windows and go outside.  Instead of letting their boorish behavior drive me up the wall, I come inside and crank up my own noise so I can't hear theirs.   Then there is always earplugs to save your sanity.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline scubbie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 07:54:52 AM »
My son has a band they do play at my house. I have asked my surrounding neighbors if it bothers them. They all tell me they really dont hear it. I do have set times they can play. They do not play all weekend or late. Most of them have paying jobs and a few go to school. My neighbbors are very nice people and we talk to each other. Maybe you could ask them to play for a set time? Seems to work for us.

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:30:59 AM »
   I called the sheriff office once again this Saturday to complain about excessive noise in our area.  (I live in the county)  We have a crappy rock band that wants to play all day everyday during the weekend and occasionally late at night.  I was told by the dispatcher that there is no noise ordinance in the county.  My question is, how do we go about creating one?  I do not expect complete silence at all times but I find it hard to believe that in today's day and age that Americans do not have the freedom to be safe from noise pollution.  I shouldn't have to hide in my home on a beautiful day because I don't want to be assaulted by the noise from a bunch of middle age idiots that have absolutely no musical talent a quater of a mile away.  I do believe that this is excessive and I find it hard to believe that I cannot get law enforcement support.  If this was going on next door to JB then I bet it would stop real quick.  What can decent tax paying, productive citizens do to stop this immature crap?  Any intelligent suggestions would be appreciated.

When there is no law to back you up it is hard for us to take action. Such as the recent headline that screamed "Sheriff mishandles speeds" and it turned out it was a private road with no speed limit we can enforce.

And I live in Waynesville which does have a noise ordinance.

JB

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 12:07:58 PM »
I know it must be annoying but I would consider yourself lucky it happens during the day, rather than the night. Talking to them nicely may help but in the end the reasons people choose to live out in the country areas are privacy and freedom. Good luck hope you can reach a compromise.

Offline jeepguy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 03:01:20 PM »
This just goes to show how lazy people really are, they would rather waste the taxpayers money and call the sheriff about someone being to load instead of getting off their butts and walking over and asking them nicely to keep the noise down. 

Nanna

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 03:49:36 PM »
 >>>>>
JB no disrespect but you said you live in Waynesville that has a noise ordinance.  Well it isn't working there either as you can drive through Waynesville and the car behind you has it boomers going so loud it makes your rearview mirror shake. 

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 03:57:25 PM »
In my eyes there are probably more important things going on, as they are short staffed. Yes noise can be a nuisance but unless its keeping you up all hours of the night I say just ignore and get on with whatever you were doing.

Offline matrsnot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »
No noise ordinance and no nuisance ordinance either.  You gotta take the bad with the good.

Offline I have no username

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 06:37:12 PM »
big boomer stereos are cheap alternative to OEM Bose systems.  My truck has the Bose system in it and even with the windows down, you can FEEL the music in the truck, but cannot hear much at all outside, and def not any booming.   Quanity is not as important as quality!..sorry for straying from subject.
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 07:05:51 PM »
never knew that about BOSE, but a lot of the boomers want to be heard. I guess they think its cool.

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »
Bose speaker systems have always been the best. (But boy are they expensive!)
I know I am hijacking the thread too.  Sorry.  At least I tried to offer constructive help in the beginning.
Besides, I think it's cool when subjects take off with a life all their own.  Go hijack some of mine, I don't mind at all!
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
I have the Bose 901 speaker and it is unlimited wattage in a home setting (Yes high dollar, $1500.00), but, I have some 1980's Tripple9 Kenwoods that blow them out of the water.

Bose speaker systems have always been the best. (But boy are they expensive!)
I know I am hijacking the thread too.  Sorry.  At least I tried to offer constructive help in the beginning.
Besides, I think it's cool when subjects take off with a life all their own.  Go hijack some of mine, I don't mind at all!

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 10:01:35 PM »
Gotta love the old Kenwoods!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 12:35:47 AM »
yeah, but the auto ones are designed for the confined space of a passenger compartment.  As a kid I was into the stereo systems...but not as a boomer.  I was into "hi-fi" and won a few sound quality completions (alpine head unit and total aftermarket infinity system) It would get loud, but whats the point...I would rather enjoy my music and listen to the discrete sweet spots than destroy my hearing and never get to hear the best part of the music. Hearing what my kids have to say is important to me (you only get that once in life)
Μολὼν λαβέ

If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom.
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2008, 12:48:56 AM »
smf has been lost?
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline julymorning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2008, 12:50:19 AM »
That was close.  For a few seconds it appeared the board was down.  Everything seems fine now.
Hey, it's just me, Suzi

Offline noseyneighbor2

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 04:46:01 AM »
All those boomers will be half deaf when they are our age.  That will be one less complaint JB!

Offline Valor7

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 01:40:28 PM »
All those boomers will be half deaf when they are our age.  That will be one less complaint JB!

By the time they get to that old age I think we will have a new Sheriff of Rottingham.

JB

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 03:18:33 AM »
That just means they'll turn their music up louder instead ;)

"Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline jsb66763

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 04:07:52 AM »
     We do not have a noise ordinance but if law enforcement officials read the statutes, peace disturbance will cover it. For the rest of the county, here is the statute from the internet.  It is not the deputies job to determine if the offender will be charged but to file the report.  Let the prosecutor drop the ball.

574.010. 1. A person commits the crime of peace disturbance if:

(1) He unreasonably and knowingly disturbs or alarms another person or persons by:

(a) Loud noise; or

(b) Offensive language addressed in a face-to-face manner to a specific individual and uttered under circumstances which are likely to produce an immediate violent response from a reasonable recipient; or

(c) Threatening to commit a felonious act against any person under circumstances which are likely to cause a reasonable person to fear that such threat may be carried out; or

(d) Fighting; or

(e) Creating a noxious and offensive odor;

(2) He is in a public place or on private property of another without consent and purposely causes inconvenience to another person or persons by unreasonably and physically obstructing:

(a) Vehicular or pedestrian traffic; or

(b) The free ingress or egress to or from a public or private place.

2. Peace disturbance is a class B misdemeanor upon the first conviction. Upon a second or subsequent conviction, peace disturbance is a class A misdemeanor. Upon a third or subsequent conviction, a person shall be sentenced to pay a fine of no less than one thousand dollars and no more than five thousand dollars.

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 06:34:17 PM »
so that accounts for shooting in the middle of the night in a residential neighborhood too huh?  (that issue was taken care of by the way) BTW..how the freak do you "target practice" in the middle of the night when not sure of the target/backdrop is safe and no light was pointed at the target....random recklessness and disregard to neighbors is how- wanna bet there was alcohol involved...  no further details...I think they were reprimanded because they have been quiet since....or maybe too cold to party.
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline littlebit

• Cunning Linguist
  • Home is what you make it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 06:58:14 PM »
I like your signature danos660r.
Some people are like Slinkies... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I'd give my left arm to be ambidextrous...

“The truth is, everyone is going to end up hurting you. You just have to find the ones who are worth suffering for.”

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 07:01:12 PM »
thanks
Μολὼν λαβέ

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 10:33:13 PM »
Wondered if riding a very loud four wheeler in St. Robert City limits is against the law.  It is VERY LOUD.  My other neighbor has one but it's not any louder than a lawnmower, this one is older and junkier and loud.