Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Waynesville Middle School  (Read 23470 times)

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
Waynesville Middle School
« on: April 16, 2008, 02:09:16 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

Someone was just by my office and said that a lot of emergency equipment...fire and police are at the Waynesville Middle School because there was a threat of a shooting.  Does anyone know about this?  Or what's going on?
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline melissacaroline

• I'm a welsh girl livin' in Missouri!
    • View Profile
Re: Waynesville Middle School
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
I just had a phone call from the school that there was a threat but nothing was found.....am terrified as my 8th grade daughter is there.......am about to call my husband to pick her up.
Can any law enforcement personnel tell me more?????

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:20:31 PM »
My husband is on his way there...............

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:42:02 PM »
My husband just called from the school, and there were 4 or 5 kids texting each other last night making threats....these kids are at home and not allowed in school today....there are missouri state police and MP's there.....guarding all doorways. Am going to get dressed and pick her up, just feel sick to my stomach...... are we going to end up home schooling our kids???
 :'(

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »
Is the school in lock-down, or are parents allowed to pick up their kids?

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
This message went out on the Fort:
The following statement has been distributed to local media by the Waynesville School District:

Waynesville Middle School
Statement 4/16/08 7:25 a.m.

Middle school student chat, my space postings and text messaging late yesterday afternoon and throughout the evening escalated rumors of a possible threat.

Law enforcement and school personnel have investigated these rumors and will continue to do so.  At the time there is no verification an actual threat exists.  The situation is being monitored to determine if additional actions are necessary.

As we receive more information, we will send an update via email.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline sapperwife1976

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2008, 04:28:27 PM »
My daughter is there too....I had no idea this was going on.  What are these kids thinking???  I never had to worry about this kind of crap when I was in middle school  ???
If it has tires or testicles, it's gonna give you trouble. *anonymous*

Offline justowing

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 04:43:12 PM »
My son is there, too, and that call really scared me.  My husband called the school and was assured that everything is under control, but I'm still a nervous wreck...I'll be so happy when I see my kids come through the door this evening.

I certainly hope law enforcement gives those kids a serious talking to and that their parents crack down on them...I know that mine would lose every privilege they've ever had and would probably not be allowed out of my sight.

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 05:02:49 PM »
Am hoping the kids are not allowed back to school period! What about tomorrow and there after??????

Offline thelights

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 05:05:38 PM »
I'm wondering, when they find out about these threats before the school day begins, why does administration let school even be in session?  This happened in Rolla about 5 times in a 3 week period. If I'd known about it before hand, I would NOT have sent my child.  I understand most of the time these threats are bogus, but one of these times it may not be and I don't want my son in danger.

Offline qqqq

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2008, 05:31:03 PM »
well if some smart alik kid decides to do this every day of the school year and not get caught then you are gonna miss a lot of school and not learn

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 06:14:01 PM »
Maybe a one-way ticket to Piney Ridge until they are 18.

Am hoping the kids are not allowed back to school period! What about tomorrow and there after??????

Offline Trix

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »
They should be expelled from any school in Missouri just as they do with firearms or threats.

Offline cayteaka

• Today is a gift, tomorrow is a blessing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »
 The more children that stay home or are picked up then the more power the person doing the threatening has.  Think about all the violence that happens in America and even lately in Pulaski County. Is the solution to hole up in our homes and never go anywhere? I did not have this threat when I was in school it was not part of the world that I grew up in. Unfortunately it is a part of my children's world and all I can do is reassure them and teach them that there are people to protect them and how they can help protect themselves. Most importantly I feel I need to teach them that the life must go on.

By the way anyone who has been by the school today can clearly see a strong Law enforcement reaction. This includes our local guys, Highway Patrol  and I saw cars from Rolla PD also coming in this morning. It is clear that the school system and all of the Law Enforcement Entities took this very serous. I think that the school took the right stance in not closing down because to close down would possibly mean even more threats.- Just my personal opinion.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »
The situation is bad, but a bunch of parents running up to the schools to take thier kids out, when the school is on lock down will only add to the chaos. 
As of right now from what i have seen and heard it is only some text messages.  As for never having to worry about it when you were in middle school.  You just didnt hear about it, like you do now. 
And as for a ticket straight to piney ridge doesnt mean the kid will straighten out.
Wait till more information comes out before making snap judgements. Middle school aged kids will say things without think and make idle threats.  Sometimes they react and say things that they will never do, and im sure at that age most adults (if you will admit it) have done the same

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2008, 06:53:59 PM »
And before i get accused of condoning threats and violence at school i don't. But i will wait till all the facts are out, before condemning the kids involved. 

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2008, 07:03:54 PM »
Look back at Jonesboro, Arkansas.  Bet they wish they had known early and been able to stop what an 11 and 13 year old did.  You can't take chances.

The situation is bad, but a bunch of parents running up to the schools to take thier kids out, when the school is on lock down will only add to the chaos. 
As of right now from what i have seen and heard it is only some text messages.  As for never having to worry about it when you were in middle school.  You just didnt hear about it, like you do now. 
And as for a ticket straight to piney ridge doesnt mean the kid will straighten out.
Wait till more information comes out before making snap judgements. Middle school aged kids will say things without think and make idle threats.  Sometimes they react and say things that they will never do, and im sure at that age most adults (if you will admit it) have done the same

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »
Look back at Jonesboro, Arkansas.  Bet they wish they had known early and been able to stop what an 11 and 13 year old did.  You can't take chances.

All im saying is dont jump to conclusions, let law enforcement do their jobs. 

Ask this question, where are these kids getting the guns, from parents that dont keep control of the guns.  I was at walmart and Mid MO Credit Union a few days ago and walked by two unlocked cars that had rifles in the front seat. Easy access for anyone to steal.

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 07:28:08 PM »
How many cars did you have to look in and check to find those two?  Hmmm...I'm not buying that.

Offline cayteaka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 07:33:27 PM »
I see what you are saying, kids at that age still don't know how to be pc about expressing feelings-whether they are good or bad. Still due to the society we live in these threats will have to be taken as reality because too many times in the past the threats have become reality. If this is the case the kids need to be taught to control what they say. If on the other hand they did have access to weapons, a plan, and possibly a hx of violence or potential to carry out the plan then they also should be treated accordingly.

Offline cayteaka

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2008, 07:40:04 PM »
We live in small town USA during any given hunting season you can find weapons in many cars/trucks. That one is not so hard to buy.

Due to recent thefts many people are getting better about securing weapons while others still do not. We used to live in a farm house in Dixon and every gun we had was stolen. Later we found out it was an older teenager and two youg adults. The access does not have to be in plain site or even in the same home. Everyday citizens just do not know how many stolen guns are floating around and who all can get access to them.

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2008, 07:47:10 PM »
I want my kids safe, period. If that means taking them out of the school system i will..... I let her stay in today as I felt assured that law enforcement was doing a great job...but what about the rest of the school year? Surely the police can't be there all the time? I am so freakin' mad right now that these kids are causing all problems...and the parents....you need to keep an eye on your kids and lock up those guns.....if those kids are back at school and are not under supervision for the rest of the school year, my daughter is not going back.

Offline melissacaroline

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2008, 07:51:54 PM »
Just called the school, they won't tell me if the kids in question will be in school tomorrow or if they will be under supervision! Basically, they know nothing...So my daughter is going to be at home tomorrow...sorry, my child is not going to be put at any risk.

Offline I bleed cubbie blue

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »
Just called the school, they won't tell me if the kids in question will be in school tomorrow or if they will be under supervision! Basically, they know nothing...So my daughter is going to be at home tomorrow...sorry, my child is not going to be put at any risk.

The reason i believe the school didnt tell you, is that they cant due to privacy restrictions. I understand, that this is about your childrens safety but on any normal day, you just cant call the school and ask what kids are in school, it against the childrens privacy. As with leaving your daughter at home, because of the lack of info you are recieving, thats your perogative, but i am pretty darn sure, those kids have been suspended and put up for expulsion or some other severe punishment for what they did. Like fafrd i dont condone these actions, but i wouldnt let them disrupt my day to day activities

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2008, 09:13:34 PM »
I wonder why the majority of incidents like this occur towards the end of the school year?  Have you noticed that a lot of the shootings happend in like March, April, and May.  Don't quote me but it seems like it may be be close to right.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2008, 09:27:17 PM »
My daughters birthday is April 19, and it seems like nearly every year since she was born some catastrophic event happens either that week or on her birthday.  I believe it is close to Adolf Hitler's birthday or something and that may have something to do with it.  But just off the top of my head, there was Columbine, the FBI tearing into the Davidian Ranch in Waco, TX, the Oklahoma city bombing, and last year the Johnson Space Center Shooting and Virginia Tech shootings. There's something about that week...

Offline Eeyore

• "Never leave your partner behind"
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »
HMMMM just heard about a mem service to mark the 1 year anniversary of the VA Tech shooting. . .

I wonder why the majority of incidents like this occur towards the end of the school year?  Have you noticed that a lot of the shootings happend in like March, April, and May.  Don't quote me but it seems like it may be be close to right.
    "Hey, hey, hey, hey now.  Don't be mean.  We don't have to be mean. because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are."      - The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across The Eighth Dimension

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »
I know.... crazy isn't it?  Let's just blame it on Hitler, LOL.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2008, 09:58:51 PM »
LOL - Well, it would be easy to just blame Hitler, but I'm sure that's not it.  The only reason I mentioned Hitler was because Columbine happened the day before and I remember some reporter at one time saying that they wanted to do it the next day, the 20th because that was Hitlers birthday, but something happened where they ended up having to fulfill their plan a day early. 

Offline Yankee Trader

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:13 PM »
Safety....Just one of the reasons we homeschool.