Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Crocker City Council at it again?  (Read 12152 times)

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
Crocker City Council at it again?
« on: April 18, 2008, 02:16:59 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Fort Wood Hotel

Boards

Devils Elbow

Attractions

Sports

St. Robert

Waynesville

PC Daily

Dixon

Menu Guide

Fun Links

Homework

Crocker

Fort Wood

Swedeborg

Big Piney

Laquey

Classifieds

Restaurants

Richland

Fort  Hotels

More of a question right now. What are the rules for closed sessions for City Councils? My understanding is they can only have a closed session for real estate, and a personnel problem? Why exactly is Crocker having closed sessions so much and not letting certain people in? Like pretty much the whole City Hall:  Mayor, Admin, etc.
Seems to me some people are thinking they run this town, and are trying to get rid of all the workers here. Since I know most of them, and know they do their jobs, is this a grudge,  from the last fiasco (when they let someone there go for not doing their job) which is a BIG issue with some of the guys (hmmmm) or an honest attepmt to help Crocker? (Doubtful)
We freaked when the Mayor resigned, whom has came back since then....but the same person who wanted him to go is still raising a fuss. Having closed session ALOT, and with some people but not others..... So back to the original question: What are the rules for closed sessions?
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
Re: Crocker City Council at it again?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 07:19:49 PM »
I was on the Crocker council for 4 years. The only time we went in to a closed session is to discuss litigation, personnel matters and real estate issues. That is all they can discuss in closed session. If discussing personnel they can include who they need in the meeting only, all others must leave until they come out of closed session. In order to go into closed session a voice vote should be taken. The reason to go into closed session and only that issue can be discussed and voted on, to come out of closed session another voice vote should be taken. When out of closed session everyone who left can come back in and then the council will take a vote to approve what ever they voted on in closed session and then announce the action taken not getting into why, that sort of thing. If no vote was taken and they only discussed an issue they will announce that during closed session personnel, litigation or real estate was discussed. Those who attended the closed session are bound by law not to discuss those matters brought up in the closed session with any person not in attendance in the closed session. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
I hope this helps you.
Let's go fishing!

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 03:42:26 AM »
I'm believe the Council Members have the City's best interest in mind.  It will all come out in the wash... it always does.  Guess we'll just have to be patient.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 03:43:13 AM »
*  I meant.... I believe... not I'm believe... * sorry!

cricket

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 05:02:26 AM »
I'm believe the Council Members have the City's best interest in mind.  It will all come out in the wash... it always does.  Guess we'll just have to be patient.
It might come out in the wash, but it probably wont be the truth, to many closed sessions, they are hiding something!!

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 10:51:14 AM »
i have often wndered why Crocker won't let like dollar store or something in town, probably because the local business owners don't want the competition, but with gas this high it sure would save the Crocker folks a lot in gas money.  So I really believe they only have their best interest at heart.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 04:03:45 PM »
I didnt know that the Council Members were the ones that owned the businesses?  Which ones do they own?

UsedFoodProcessor

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 04:20:13 PM »

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 03:16:11 AM »
Crocker does want more business's in town. They have contacted dollar general and other business's but they didn't want to come in at this time they said possably later .

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
I don't know that they do or don't but it seems to me that with every other town around Crocker having these stores, someone didn't want them here, only locally owned.  I personally would much rather spend my money right here in town.  But  i always make sure to try and spend my money in Pulaski county, thank goodness we got a Lowes.

Remember that no matter how bad things are in your life, there are others dealing with much worse obstacles, and be thankful for what you have.

Offline bear

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 07:04:42 PM »
Crocker, Mo. - Much of the meeting was held in closed session after Municipal Judge Buck Tanner requested, for the second month in a row, to speak to the city aldermen during the public comment section of the meeting regarding a personnel matter. No information has been released to the public on his reasons for requesting closed sessions.

Offline mandie_81z

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 12:15:53 PM »
I've heard that Dollar General won't build in a city that has under 1500 people.

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:34:25 PM »
We're not talking about when the Judge requested the closed sessions. We're talking about closed sessions where the Mayor is asked to leave. Maybe I'm just stupid, but pretty sure that unless the sessions are about the mayor, and they weren't, there is no reason for him to leave. Its the ones that were there, and I won't name names on here, that makes me wonder what IS going on.
And Elvis 11, I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and I'd be interested in talking with you more about this.
These sessions they are having are illegal. I know this, and they should know it. I just think they don't care anymore.

Offline wildman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 02:22:27 PM »
If Dollar General won't build in a town where there is under 1500 how did Iberia get a Dollar General Store?

Offline murfyzlaw

• My beautiful grandsons
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 04:53:36 PM »
and Dixon, what is the population there?

Offline Eden

• Not in Drama Club or on the Debate Team!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 06:06:07 PM »
1548  :D
"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned"

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 12:26:06 AM »
We're not talking about when the Judge requested the closed sessions. We're talking about closed sessions where the Mayor is asked to leave. Maybe I'm just stupid, but pretty sure that unless the sessions are about the mayor, and they weren't, there is no reason for him to leave. Its the ones that were there, and I won't name names on here, that makes me wonder what IS going on.
And Elvis 11, I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and I'd be interested in talking with you more about this.
These sessions they are having are illegal. I know this, and they should know it. I just think they don't care anymore.
This is Ted Helms, you can contact me at my email address. tedhelms2008@gmail.com If I can help you I will.
Let's go fishing!

Offline mcnmz5

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 09:37:09 PM »
I think the people of Crocker need to let the city government do their job and stop complaining about closed sessions.  Did you ever stop to think that maybe there are some SERIOUS PROBLEMS with the staff in City Hall.  If they would get rid of TWO specific individuals, things would run alot soother and there would not be a need for "closed sessions".  There is one particular lady who works there who is RUDE!!!!!!!!!!! and needs to be removed from her position.   I have never seen the lady smile at a customer or say much nice to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Give the council and break and start concentrating on the people who work in the City Hall.  That is were the problems are.

IOU

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 10:17:13 PM »
Or maybe you're part of the problem and don't have the balls to say it on here........what are you part of the council or one of the ones who were in the closed sessions that were illegal?

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2008, 11:48:16 PM »
the only thing that bothers me is how the city tells some they have to clean up there places or they will be fined, heres an example my brother was told to clean his place or get fired from his job with the city they cleaned it up. but the place below my moms and brothers is a junk pile and all the city wants to do is give them another warning that is wrong to my opinion they were already warned so now they need to back there words up give them the fine!
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 01:43:26 PM »
I'll agree with that

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 02:31:01 PM »
All I know is if they ever send my mom another letter telling her to clean her yard again I'm going to get involved this time. Until that mess is cleaned up they best keep there mouths shut. My brother and hubby has both said that they were willing to go in and clean the place up but still is a no go.

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2008, 07:31:05 PM »
Hey bob you had no right to say anything about my yard .if you got something to say. Say it to my face not on the web. Kathy  needs to stop putting her brother on the web. Nobody ask if the could talk about us on the web. The only stuff in my yard is kids stuff and home repair stuff. Last year my daughter was just born and i was the one who clean my yard up. My baby had to cry herself to sleep because I had to clean my yard up. We do feel our yard needed to be clean up. The city gave the other people a year to clean their yard . The mess should not stay one more day. Everyone wants to talk about the city. For those who Don't live in the city limits. Stop talking about it .It is not hurting you.You talk about things about the city if you have problem's  about the city go to the meetings. You can't get the truth on the web.Go get you answer from city hall. Not on the web. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIVES IN THE CITY LIMITS AND WORKS FOR THE CITY. HE DID NOTHING TO ANYONE. HE JUST WORKS THERE.

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2008, 08:08:46 PM »
Hey bob you had no right to say anything about my yard .if you got something to say. Say it to my face not on the web. Kathy  needs to stop putting her brother on the web. Nobody ask if the could talk about us on the web. The only stuff in my yard is kids stuff and home repair stuff. Last year my daughter was just born and i was the one who clean my yard up. My baby had to cry herself to sleep because I had to clean my yard up. We do feel our yard needed to be clean up. The city gave the other people a year to clean their yard . The mess should not stay one more day. Everyone wants to talk about the city. For those who Don't live in the city limits. Stop talking about it .It is not hurting you.You talk about things about the city if you have problem's  about the city go to the meetings. You can't get the truth on the web.Go get you answer from city hall. Not on the web. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIVES IN THE CITY LIMITS AND WORKS FOR THE CITY. HE DID NOTHING TO ANYONE. HE JUST WORKS THERE.

I have as much right to defend my in-laws as much as kathy does her brother and you have your husband cassandra.  Ok fine you dont want people who dont live in crocker to make comments about crocker, but since i lived there for over ten yrs i lived through alot of the stuff i said.  And it was my opinion that yes micheal should be held to higher standards because he works for the city. What time frame is given to people to accomplish things is really not even your concern.  As i was allready jumped on for my opinion by sandy, you may as well too.  And as for your comment as i should have said something to your face, before posting on this website, thats fine and so be it.

I hope the administrators of this board, should implement a new rule if it doesnt exist allready.  Since you allow user names so people have some annonimity, that when you find out who someone is, you dont post thier names online.  And since, with showmehillbillys reference to who i was and dragonslayer1 actually using my name, i felt that i had the right to let people know thier names.

And to agree with showme last statement to me I believe i will follow her lead, and not post on here again. 

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »
i for one did not mention any names. but i was using my mom and brothers places as an example. i do not feel like my brother should be made to keep his place any cleaner than others just because he works for them. but his wife did clean it up. as for the place below them it needs to be cleaned up period!!! i lived in crocker for 15 years and only moved 6 miles away and as long as my mom lives there i will do whatever i feel is best for her!

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 10:11:53 PM »
and as for posting names read my posts not once did i post anyones name. but as far as your inlaws do you feel like they should get special treatment? and if you do then why? my child walks down that street and rides his bike down that way and this summer that place will only be a breeding place for snakes. they have received there warning to clean it up or get a fine, why arent they doing it?

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2008, 10:26:33 PM »
and as for posting names read my posts not once did i post anyones name. but as far as your inlaws do you feel like they should get special treatment? and if you do then why? my child walks down that street and rides his bike down that way and this summer that place will only be a breeding place for snakes. they have received there warning to clean it up or get a fine, why arent they doing it?

And if you had read my post i didnt say you mentioned any names.   And no i dont think my in-laws, nor do they think they should receive special treatment.  But they have gotten the place cleaned up except for the scrap metal that is there. 

As for fair treatment what about other properties in crocker that are just as bad or worse than that property was before they cleaned it, that have not had work done on it.

But work was done on it, and they will get the rest taken care of when they get the chance.  You dont know their situation any better than i know your brothers.  As for it being a breed place for snakes, get a grip you live in a rural area and snakes are common.  They are not going to all of a sudden breed overnight and have snakes all over the place.

so much for me not posting again lol

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2008, 11:30:24 PM »
The people with the condemended properties had 60 days to clean it up when the sign got up. They still left a mess.BIG PILES . They just need to clean the trash up. If they Were going to have someone do it. Then get it done.Fafrd most of the people did do their part . You in-laws needs to do all their properties. Nobody needs to want on them anymore. Everyone should get the same amount of time. We were told to do ours last year in 30 days. They still didn't get fined. It's been a year!!!!!!

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 11:38:52 PM »
The thing is you dont know what arrangements they had worked out with the city to get things done, that is between the city and them. As well as your issue with the city. So like ive been told on here if their is an issue go before the city council.  And if by chance your husband knows information about it then, i think would be another issue for the city council to deal with. 
Im only responding to the complaint kathy made defending her brother and i made my comments defending my in-laws so let it be.
If the comments where just about her complaining about getting unfair treatment by the city, she should have just left it at that and only that and not bring up other peoples properties. 

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »
I don't care about their situation . They had a year to do it . I had 30 DAYS. I had a new born baby to  take care of. I Don't care if your old,young, Tied down with ten kids. No one seen that I could do it with a crying baby. NO REASON IS A GOOD REASON . A good reason is if you are in the hospital and they weren't for no year.