Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Crocker City Council at it again?  (Read 12153 times)

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
Re: Crocker City Council at it again?
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2008, 11:53:26 PM »

Share/Bookmark

Offline ladyitchb

• I see you........
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2008, 01:18:56 PM »
Since this went to yards and messes, I have to put my 2 cents worth in. Yes there are yards that need work done on them, but sometimes it comes down to time and money. Which lately seems to be hard for many of us to find. It's easy to say get it cleaned up or else....but what do you do with it, if you don't have the money to get it hauled off? Move it to another section of your yard? Pray someone will be nice and take it away for free?

Now I'm saying this, not because my yard is messy, which it isn't, but in the understanding that some families have extenuating circumstances. Illness, lack of time or money.....It would be great if our town could pull together and go around and help clean up some of the places, for the ones that need help. If they don't want the help.....then they need to get it done....

OK, off my soap box.
Sometimes you feel like a nut......sometimes you just want to kick..........

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2008, 02:18:32 PM »
Since this went to yards and messes, I have to put my 2 cents worth in. Yes there are yards that need work done on them, but sometimes it comes down to time and money. Which lately seems to be hard for many of us to find. It's easy to say get it cleaned up or else....but what do you do with it, if you don't have the money to get it hauled off? Move it to another section of your yard? Pray someone will be nice and take it away for free?

Now I'm saying this, not because my yard is messy, which it isn't, but in the understanding that some families have extenuating circumstances. Illness, lack of time or money.....It would be great if our town could pull together and go around and help clean up some of the places, for the ones that need help. If they don't want the help.....then they need to get it done....

OK, off my soap box.

I agree 100%
Go ahead and blame me....Everyone else does

Offline Coyote

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2008, 03:34:28 PM »
Arguing over how long you were given to "clean up your yard" is so funny to me.  Doesn't that embarrass you somewhat?  You must know the outside of a house is a reflection of the occupant don't you?  Hmm..I just don't get it.  Have a little pride, people...plant a flower, throw out some grass seed, haul off that junk and clean up that dump.  It's not that hard or expensive.  Just takes a little motivation and a weekend.  Jeesh.
....and that night as the moon crossed the mountain, one more Coyote was heard...

Offline hawkeyehaven

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2008, 05:18:20 PM »
Hey bob you had no right to say anything about my yard .if you got something to say. Say it to my face not on the web. Kathy  needs to stop putting her brother on the web. Nobody ask if the could talk about us on the web. The only stuff in my yard is kids stuff and home repair stuff. Last year my daughter was just born and i was the one who clean my yard up. My baby had to cry herself to sleep because I had to clean my yard up. We do feel our yard needed to be clean up. The city gave the other people a year to clean their yard . The mess should not stay one more day. Everyone wants to talk about the city. For those who Don't live in the city limits. Stop talking about it .It is not hurting you.You talk about things about the city if you have problem's  about the city go to the meetings. You can't get the truth on the web.Go get you answer from city hall. Not on the web. STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ONLY PERSON WHO LIVES IN THE CITY LIMITS AND WORKS FOR THE CITY. HE DID NOTHING TO ANYONE. HE JUST WORKS THERE.

seems like you have a problem with your sil. I can not see anything offensive she had said about HER brother, Why would you tell her to stop using him on the web? If she is saying things that is defending him then why would you put her down for doing so? Last time I looked you can post whatever you like with out posting any names and she did not put his name on the board instead you and the other person made it into name calling games. I have read on other old post your sil had wrote on and again on some of them you bashed her on them. No one has to ask for permission to post about anything on here, seems to me the only one either trying to hide something or is afraid for something to get out is you!!! As for the city having closed sessions why doesn't anyone that live within the city just show up to the meeting and if asked to leave make them tell you why or better yet why not just run to be on the city council? Seems to me that if enough people showed up for the meeting wanting answers they surely couldn't make everyone leave with out it being made public that they were hiding something. As for the places needing to be cleaned up well I know there is people out here that is willing to haul off scrap metal for no charge and if your neighbors are wanting money out of there scrap maybe they should find someone who would be will to haul it off and come up with a price they would get. I got someone to haul my stuff off and I got 20% of all the sales you may not think that was a good deal but to me it was because I didn't have to touch one thing and they used there truck and trailer and there gas so yes I think it was fair. Would they be happy with doing it that way?

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
For starts kathy and Fafrd started talking about this stuff before we knew about it. so who  started what? Kathy was asked by us to not write personal stuff or about us on the web.  We do help our neighbors when they want help . These other people didn't want the help.When the city sets rules for one .The same rule should apply for everyone.We don't get on here to start crap,till someone wants to start it will us.BEFORE WE KNOW ABOUT IT!!!

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2008, 08:08:51 PM »
For starts kathy and Fafrd started talking about this stuff before we knew about it. so who  started what? Kathy was asked by us to not write personal stuff or about us on the web.  We do help our neighbors when they want help . These other people didn't want the help.When the city sets rules for one .The same rule should apply for everyone.We don't get on here to start crap,till someone wants to start it will us.BEFORE WE KNOW ABOUT IT!!!
Kathy just said her brother~ she named no names~ she was TALKING NICE about her brother, and have you ever heard of freedom of speech? No one was talking bad about you or anyone, the subject was on messy yards, no your personal life, so get over it, your coming off sounding not ummmm what is the word i'm thinking of? ohhh can't post that on here. I"ll shut up before i say something that you will take wrong...

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2008, 09:47:34 PM »
OK that's it now I have to get involved ! I am tired of people trying to talk about things thay are not sure about. There is no problem between my wife and sister. We are just tired of every time we get brought up we start getting slammed. And as for the mess below our house the one who cleaned the property said he would haul off the metal use his truck his gas and his time and he would split the sale 50/50 that sounds like a very good deal !!! And as for Fafrd you don't want to start with me the only thing in my front yard is my kids toys and in the driveway is the siding for my house if you don't like that then you can pay to have the siding installed until that time don't say anything !!! You don't live in this town so don't talk about my yard. So anybody else that wants to say anything bad about me, my family, my yard or my work     BACK OFF !!!!!! You can talk bad about the weather, animals, the price of fuel anything else you want to....
MICHAEL

Offline Fafrd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2008, 10:00:46 PM »
It seems to me that you know alot about other peoples business that you dont need to be sticking your nose into.  And why should they have to split any money with anyone to haul it away when they have a family member who will do, when they get the time to do it. 

When you look at previous post about that property, it was told as if nothing was done at all.  But now its coming out they hired someone to clean it up.  And what did they clean up, lets start they cleared most of the property of trees, and tore down 2 building and had all that removed.  So they want to haul off what scrape metal is left for 100% of the money.  So you and your sister shouldnt make it sound as if they havent done anything.
As for what the person told you about what deals he made with them, dont neccesarily believe what he told you. He has told them several things that was told to him about their property that wasnt true.

Offline Kristi Marie

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 10:58:19 PM »
So Mike hows the weather over there? j/k! loosen up it is a message board don't take it personally like some people do.. kathy was mad cause she thought you guys were being picked on ... we still love ya!

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2008, 12:11:28 AM »
Kathy just said her brother~ she named no names~ she was TALKING NICE about her brother, and have you ever heard of freedom of speech? No one was talking bad about you or anyone, the subject was on messy yards, no your personal life, so get over it, your coming off sounding not ummmm what is the word i'm thinking of? ohhh can't post that on here. I"ll shut up before i say something that you will take wrong...

LOOK HERE WHO DID YOU ATTACK FOR NO REASON?

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2008, 12:38:20 AM »
sorry if anyone feels like i was attacking anyone that isn't my intention. i just feel as if anyone is threatening to fire my family or give one a ticket for there yards then they should follow through with all they have sent warnings to. but my family busted their asses to get there yards cleaned up and they are all very busy but they still made the time. but as for what is in the yards now is not junk! but curious just how long should junk be able to stay before it gets removed ? after receiving a warning

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2008, 12:39:32 AM »
The weather is fine for now. I know it is a message board most just use it to vent themselves and others use it to stir up things. LOL @

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2008, 12:42:31 AM »
Get over it already!  This is a silly thing to argue about! 

Offline dragonslayer1971

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2008, 12:47:21 AM »
who's arguing ??  only venting !! (((**&^^%

Offline ~kathy~

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2008, 12:58:01 AM »
alot of business dont get put in crocker isnt because of the town council its because when the business's check things out they change there minds for different reasons. and some people think it would be nice to get something like a pool hall for kids to go to well that has been tried before but kids today dont seem to want to go to an arcade, they rather drive all around or hang out at h&l parking lot or some gravel road.

Offline Elvis 11

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2008, 12:30:26 AM »
The Crocker area is a nice place to live. We all know that as in years past if anything should happen to anyone of us the others would be there to emotianally support and help them. You all who were letting off steam are good people, I think we should all be greatful for each other and get along. WWJD?.
Let's go fishing!

Offline crockergal

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2008, 02:43:13 AM »
I love this little city... but we have a huge problem with drugs.  It seems like it would be easier to control in a little town like ours.  We all know who is on drugs around here.  I wonder why nothing gets done about it.... I know its not the Council Members responsibility, but its sad & a little scary.