Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • littlebit: Makes sense.
    July 16, 2017, 04:40:28 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Boards will stay open for a place people can find history information longer. I am not allowing anyone to sign up for now because of so many foreginers just wanting to promote their business..
    December 10, 2016, 05:10:27 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Not sure why didn't look, I may be shutting down these message boards..
    November 17, 2016, 12:42:43 AM
  • ~kathy~: rick why is the timestamp showing up a day in advance?
    September 13, 2016, 12:27:46 AM
  • Valor7: What I tried to say is that the actual money would not be there that quick. But a loan against that would work if they are willing to do that.
    August 08, 2016, 01:51:51 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Why so long before it comes online? 911 took out a loan or bond with the known guarantee payment and began building..
    August 08, 2016, 07:46:34 AM
  • Valor7: Actually no it is not, a dependable Revenue stream will not come on line until the 4th quarter of 2017 so 2018 budget will be up in the air, not quite sure what they will have. By 2019 budget all will be well.
    August 04, 2016, 09:27:17 PM
  • Valor7: You mean that tax that the Commissioners would not put on the ballot for so many years? Strange things happened when the citizens got a chance to vote on that issue.
    August 03, 2016, 06:43:06 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Back up is now available withe the new tax..
    August 03, 2016, 05:01:35 PM
  • Valor7: Thanks a lot Ladies!!
    July 29, 2016, 01:16:13 PM
  • littlebit: ((*(*&
    July 27, 2016, 03:47:52 PM
  • ~kathy~: lol
    July 15, 2016, 09:34:56 AM
  • Valor7: A guy could get killed around here while waiting for backup!
    July 13, 2016, 07:31:58 PM
  • Lepard LLC: You are not alone..
    July 13, 2016, 07:28:53 PM
  • Valor7: I just hate it when I talk to myself!!!!
    July 08, 2016, 12:54:09 PM
  • Valor7: I could have worded that better, we talked details, options, the pros and cons of each, in  order to arrive at the best ballot language to present to the voters. Hope that makes this clearer.
    April 15, 2016, 06:36:14 PM
  • Valor7: sorry about the typos still working with just one arm in action
    April 13, 2016, 01:10:42 PM
  • Valor7: Yes and no. We talked details and options until we were blue in the face but I never heardbring it over, it was always the time was not right for the issue to pass. Glad to see the time in now right and I for one shall vote yes on the ballot. I would urge all others to do the sameour county is busting at the seams crimewise and no matter how many bad guys we send off there always seems to someone to replace them. The Sheriff's Office needs the help.
    April 13, 2016, 01:08:35 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Is that true Valor? Did he ask you what you wanted?
    March 01, 2016, 04:55:37 AM
  • Lepard LLC: Gene Newkirk Rick I have waited for a Sheriff to bring it to me on what he wanted. I have pushed Mr long for a while to get it to me. He told me he was close to having or done. Now hopefully the people will get to decide on it. I spoke with Steve about this a few times.
    March 01, 2016, 04:54:54 AM
  • Kimberly: Wow- I have a new name..........
    February 23, 2016, 10:25:15 PM
  • Lepard LLC: Works on mine, improvements are being done here. I may kick back into her a lot and post but working on different technologies right now. Seeing how things interact.
    January 18, 2016, 09:01:20 AM
  • Valor7: Yes it is working. If you need a laugh the wife showed me how to correctly use the silly thing.
    January 04, 2016, 05:32:59 PM
  • Valor7: Think so, mine is trying to work but it is now user and password protected and I dont know mine
    December 17, 2015, 01:32:16 PM
  • "DJ": Is there still a working android app for the PCSD
    December 14, 2015, 08:14:53 PM

Author Topic: Has anyone heard the rumor?  (Read 15010 times)

Offline Auctioneer Ed

• View Profile
Has anyone heard the rumor?
« on: March 04, 2007, 05:34:03 AM »

Share/Bookmark

watson

Re: Has anyone heard the rumor?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 08:51:54 AM »
Gosh Ed, I haven't heard that rumor yet but I can't imagine that they would allow a dance club or bar in the commercial section of the food chain area........just can't see all those businesses letting that happen, but stranger things have happened....hehehe

retired1_us

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:38:41 PM »
I do know a couple folks have explored the possibility, but the cost of the property was more prohibiting than anything else.  ROI would be tough to capture anytime soon.

The interest is there, its just a matter of where and when.

Glenn/cameraman

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 07:16:21 PM »
Gosh Ed, I haven't heard that rumor yet but I can't imagine that they would allow a dance club or bar in the commercial section of the food chain area........just can't see all those businesses letting that happen, but stranger things have happened....hehehe
What would be the difference between a bar and what is already there like Aussie Jacks, Ruby Tuesdays, Pizza Hut they are all selling beer, wine, and/or other booze.    Just make the bar sell food too!

watson

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 07:50:13 PM »
Different atmosphere Glen, especially if you don't sell food......different clientel too.....with all those motels there....hmmmm.

Glenn/cameraman

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 01:56:26 AM »
Income wise, it would be an excellent place for it!    It has the traffic and anyone stuck in a hotel/motel wont have to drive back to thier rooms.   It would just screw with the traffic for everyone on Friday and Saturday nights.   Then again traffic there already sucks.   It would bring in some much needed tax money for the county.

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• Land Of The Free, Because Of The Brave
  • Riding Vertical Shiny Side Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 03:01:52 AM »
Not to mention all those country Western clothing stores coming back to town

You think I am joking, but I remember when I DJed at the old Dugout on the country western side (name escapes me) but there were three clothing stores that catered to that crowd
Freedom Of Road Riders,
Protecting and informing riders in Missouri
www.midamericafreedomrally.com

Please watch out for Motorcycles on the road
The life you save might be mine

Glenn/cameraman

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 03:24:58 AM »

You think I am joking, but I remember when I DJed at the old Dugout on the country western side (name escapes me) but there were three clothing stores that catered to that crowd
That old store is big enough to be split into a few shops and a bar.    If they opened a bar that didn't serve food,  there is plenty of food around.   Those restaurants would gladly take in the money for that.    Now I would object to a nude bar in that area, and I don't ever think that would be allowed.   

watson

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 08:31:02 AM »
O.K. you are starting to convince me....Country western I could see, but hard rock and roll....ughmmmmmmm with nude women I just don't think that would be good....

watson

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 10:24:38 PM »
roflmao....hehe  I thought you have had that for years....are you sure its not developing into something else now.......hehehe......like   glow be warming....

Offline OLDigahmah

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 12:13:47 AM »
It would make a perfect location for a church.  I checked it out for our church but they wanted way over a million for it. 

Offline newmansmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 12:38:19 AM »
That was called the BullPen.  My boyfriend was the manager there and I worked there too.  When did you DJ there?

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 11:31:27 AM »
That was called the BullPen.  My boyfriend was the manager there and I worked there too.  When did you DJ there?

That was it, the Bull Pen
I DJed there I guess around 95-96. I was about the time Farris was experimenting with his Rock Band, and he changed it from a coutry bar to a Rock bar running all his clientel out so his band (which stunk) would have a place to play. I quit shortly after that, think I left there to go to Shananigans. I think that was the last place I DJed at.
I think the Manager then is now the manager at the Holiday Inn
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline fknarmyguyretired

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:05 PM »
Hard rock n roll with nude women not being good !! that is dangerously close to being unamerican.  LOL

O.K. you are starting to convince me....Country western I could see, but hard rock and roll....ughmmmmmmm with nude women I just don't think that would be good....

retired1_us

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
I DJed there I guess around 95-96. I was about the time Farris was experimenting with his Rock Band, and he changed it from a coutry bar to a Rock bar running all his clientel out so his band (which stunk) would have a place to play. I quit shortly after that, think I left there to go to Shananigans. I think that was the last place I DJed at.

They did fairly well with the bands that came in on tour - both country and rock.  But you are right about them running off the good crowds. 

I remember Molly Hatchet in particular - did the back stage thing before the show and Danny Joe Brown was totally hammered on Jack.  They still put on a decent show, but then again he (Danny) didn't have much stage to get lost on.  hehehehe

Shennanigans was a lot of fun back then too.

Offline newmansmom

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 12:20:13 AM »
Yeah that is the daytime manager, my boyfriend was the night manager.  He rides a Geezer Glide too by the way.  I don't remember him doing that to the Bull Pen, we both quit working for them in 97 though, so that was probably after that.  I think it closed down a couple of years later.  (Now we know why)

watson

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 01:32:10 AM »
Back in them days and before spent alot of weekends in there....ehhehe  shhhh........

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 01:31:34 PM »
Yeah that is the daytime manager, my boyfriend was the night manager.  He rides a Geezer Glide too by the way.  I don't remember him doing that to the Bull Pen, we both quit working for them in 97 though, so that was probably after that.  I think it closed down a couple of years later.  (Now we know why)

Maybe it was later when I worked there, hell I DJed at every club here, starting with the old Pine Steak House back in 93-94 time frame, then the Gas Light (Back before it was a strip club), Annie Roos, Bull Pen, and Shenanigans, plus I did shifts at the old B98. Heck I even worked at the old Arches, and years later, tried to DJ for the original Aussie Jacks (which was at the old Arches place). Man were those two hard to work for
All I can remember about the Bull Pen, Mrs. Farris asked me if I would come over as they had no one. I started DJing, and we had a real good crowd, and Farris had started his Rock Band, and they would play out front in the sports bar. Suddenly over night, he walks in says we are no longer a Country Bar, we are a rock bar, and he band would play there from now on. Of course the country crowd split, and the only people left were his groupies, because the band really sucked. They had potential, but need to stay in the garage and practice more, instead of trying to do concerts. After a month or two of that, I quit and went back to Shenanigans, then after I retired from the Army, quit all together. Just wasn't fun anymore, there was no real money in it, I was single, needed something to do as a hobby and this worked out fine, plus Karaoke was taking over the scene, and I could not sit there straight face listening to people scream all night
Freedom Of Road Riders,

Offline Lepard LLC

• Activist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 01:47:20 PM »
As far as I know I was the first DJ in this town, I had moved back here around 82 and had lived in cities where dj's were the norm, and I told Young from Silver Star about DJ's. I worked for her for about a year, but, I was working full time and told her to find someone with good equipment and some lights, because I was never real big on wanting to do it. She then found JR, he came here from Germany I think. A While later I was approached by Ramada, by someone who had leased the bar, ended up packing that place, once we did the owners of the motel freaked out due to all the problems huge crowds brought in, and kicked the person leasing it out. A  little later Wally called me and asked me to come see him at the Pine. I walked in the Pine on a Friday night and he had 3 customers at 10pm. I took the job but told him I will play my style of music, he agreed. Three weeks after I started, I walked in on a Friday evening at 8pm and the club was packed, worked there about 2 months until Wally told me he wanted to change what I was doing, I told him, "I packed your club, and you want me to change? Goodbye." Then the Top Hat hired me and I packed that club for two years, and after watching the owners greed for one day too long I walked, I think she closed her doors about 6 months later. That was the end of my DJ days.

Maybe it was later when I worked there, hell I DJed at every club here, starting with the old Pine Steak House back in 93-94 time frame, then the Gas Light (Back before it was a strip club), Annie Roos, Bull Pen, and Shenanigans, plus I did shifts at the old B98. Heck I even worked at the old Arches, and years later, tried to DJ for the original Aussie Jacks (which was at the old Arches place). Man were those two hard to work for
All I can remember about the Bull Pen, Mrs. Farris asked me if I would come over as they had no one. I started DJing, and we had a real good crowd, and Farris had started his Rock Band, and they would play out front in the sports bar. Suddenly over night, he walks in says we are no longer a Country Bar, we are a rock bar, and he band would play there from now on. Of course the country crowd split, and the only people left were his groupies, because the band really sucked. They had potential, but need to stay in the garage and practice more, instead of trying to do concerts. After a month or two of that, I quit and went back to Shenanigans, then after I retired from the Army, quit all together. Just wasn't fun anymore, there was no real money in it, I was single, needed something to do as a hobby and this worked out fine, plus Karaoke was taking over the scene, and I could not sit there straight face listening to people scream all night

Offline Geezer Glide Taz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2007, 01:51:26 PM »
I worked for Young one night at the old Star. Her and Dave got all drunk, she threw something at me, (glass or something) so I packed it up and left.
Freedom Of Road Riders,

watson

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 03:19:14 AM »
Gosh what is really scary guys is that every bar you two mentioned I have been at and use to hang around in.....I use to hang at the Silver Star alot......betcha didn't know that .......of course this was years ago....back in my younger days when I was onry.....hehehe

Offline twinsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 07:05:42 PM »
I'd like to see Chuck-E-Cheese or at least something similar to that.
That's my two cents on the subject.

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 11:06:14 PM »
Wow - The Dugout.  I worked there the last couple of years they were open.  Good times.  I really miss that place.  I get all melancholy every time I go to El Jimadors for lunch.  I miss all the people I worked with and many of the customers a lot.  They were all really good people. (((**&^^%

Offline ruby

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:58 AM »
not to change the subject but what ever happened to JR's place? And JR for all that matter?

Offline Princess_KA

• Always look eye...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2007, 04:26:40 PM »
Last I heard his mother had taken ill, business was slow, and he was on the verge of a divorce.  So he shut down the place.  I have only seen him twice since then.  The last time was about 2 weeks ago at Billy'z Backroad Honky Tonk (The old Z's Place) in Doolittle.  Didn't get an opportunity to talk to him to see what he's up to though.

Offline ruby

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2007, 01:34:38 AM »
Thanks for the infor he was kinda cute i thought but havent seen much of him since he shut down...maybe ill look him up!!! any idea if he is a good catch??? ::)

Offline GM2006

• Proud BF, BW, CS, CD Mom to 2 boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »
you know what should move into there... a MALE strip club  :police:  :angel: (((**&^^% somethin' for the ladies  :-\ :-* :laugh:

Offline ruby

• Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »
There you go thinkin again!!! lol not a bad idea go for it!! ::)

Offline Digital Narcosis

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
Have you ever been to a strip club?

sorry but i think ALL of the strip clubs should just shut down, nothing good will EVER come out of a place such as a strip club

Offline hinman

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2007, 04:48:38 AM »
No, but I but that is just my opinion, sorry if we don't agree
Redneck I respect your opinion but don't understand how you came to it without ever going to one. Have you researched strip clubs? Just curious what you base your opinion on.